> Serie A - Week 16 - Roma - Milan, Date: 12/12/16 Time: 21:00 CET

han2503
post Dec 10 2016, 04:53 PM
Post #1

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

Sorry for opening this so late, I've just been to busy to even check out what's going on here

Anyways, anyone heard anything about Bona's injury situation?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Dec 10 2016, 05:03 PM
Post #2

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,008

QUOTE (han2503 @ Dec 10 2016, 04:53 PM) *
Sorry for opening this so late, I've just been to busy to even check out what's going on here

Anyways, anyone heard anything about Bona's injury situation?

Should recover last I heard.

+Quote Post

Forza Milan!
post Dec 10 2016, 08:07 PM
Post #3

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Member No.: 12,353

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Dec 10 2016, 06:03 PM) *
Should recover last I heard.

As of yesterday, there seemed to be some doubts about Bona's return. Hope to see him, as he does make a difference.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Dec 11 2016, 12:04 PM
Post #4

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,730

Whole point of Montella's system is it doesn't rely on a single player. It relies on the team ethic. If the team doesn't show up, like it didn't v Crotone, it will struggle.

If he changes things unecessarily, like he did v Genoa, it will struggle.

But if he keeps as is with minor necessary alterations, it will beat anyone in Serie A. It's even managing consistency, which forces the notion it can, astonishingly, push for the title. Probably not this season, but if you can beat anyone in Serie A, and manage mostly wins, it's the logical conclusion.

Only four behind - if we win tomorrow it's 7 points of 9 v Roma, Inter and Juve. That is just incredible. The only bogey is Napoli who got us before we truly started to click.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Dec 11 2016, 07:04 PM
Post #5

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Member No.: 2,008

QUOTE (Danny @ Dec 11 2016, 12:04 PM) *
Whole point of Montella's system is it doesn't rely on a single player. It relies on the team ethic. If the team doesn't show up, like it didn't v Crotone, it will struggle.

But if he keeps as is with minor necessary alterations, it will beat anyone in Serie A. It's even managing consistency, which forces the notion it can, astonishingly, push for the title. Probably not this season, but if you can beat anyone in Serie A, and manage mostly wins, it's the logical conclusion.

Only four behind - if we win tomorrow it's 7 points of 9 v Roma, Inter and Juve. That is just incredible. The only bogey is Napoli who got us before we truly started to click.

Yeah, but we won't win vs Roma. We'll most likely lose.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Dec 11 2016, 07:33 PM
Post #6

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Danny @ Dec 11 2016, 12:04 PM) *

I personally don't feel as confident as you seem to be in our system

I think it's a combination of things atm that's helping us along the way.

Sure, we've seen notable improvements in how the team plays compared to last season, players are performing more along the lines of their actual capabilities, they're being used in a way that gets the best out of them as well.

But I do think that we heavily rely on individual performances on most occasions to truly get over the finish line. Look ay some of the goals we've been scoring that grabbed us point, Locatelli, Suso, Bona. All scored very individualistic goals over the last few weeks which got us a good few points. That being said, I'm not discounting the team effort as a whole, not at all, but I do think that we rely on individuality more than you might think.

Also, the bounce of the ball is undoubtedly going our way, which is something that eluded us completely last season. We've been getting out of a lot of tricky situations this season, which we never would have hoped to get out of last season. Like the games against Sassuolo and Crotone for example, in the last few years head would have dropped and we would have been done for. And obviously this is not just about luck, it's about a team spirit that's been instilled and a fighting mentality that has been missing for a while now.

But I do feel like we're in a bit of a perfect storm atm, and you can call me negative for saying the following but I do feel weary of when it will all come to an end and we start seeing the true colours of this team, which let's face it, isn't all that much to write home about.

Because the fact that you so rightly called it, that we do sort of bypass the midfield to score goals, isn't something that we should be happy about but something that is concerning. We still struggle to get into games when we're being pressed and have no clue on how to calm things down and take control of the tempo. We still struggle to create true chances (through a well worked team move). These things won't get sorted until we find the proper players to upgrade our midfield

+Quote Post

Forza Milan!
post Dec 11 2016, 07:57 PM
Post #7

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Member No.: 12,353

QUOTE (han2503 @ Dec 11 2016, 08:33 PM) *
I personally don't feel as confident as you seem to be in our system

I think it's a combination of things atm that's helping us along the way.

Sure, we've seen notable improvements in how the team plays compared to last season, players are performing more along the lines of their actual capabilities, they're being used in a way that gets the best out of them as well.

But I do think that we heavily rely on individual performances on most occasions to truly get over the finish line. Look ay some of the goals we've been scoring that grabbed us point, Locatelli, Suso, Bona. All scored very individualistic goals over the last few weeks which got us a good few points. That being said, I'm not discounting the team effort as a whole, not at all, but I do think that we rely on individuality more than you might think.

Also, the bounce of the ball is undoubtedly going our way, which is something that eluded us completely last season. We've been getting out of a lot of tricky situations this season, which we never would have hoped to get out of last season. Like the games against Sassuolo and Crotone for example, in the last few years head would have dropped and we would have been done for. And obviously this is not just about luck, it's about a team spirit that's been instilled and a fighting mentality that has been missing for a while now.

But I do feel like we're in a bit of a perfect storm atm, and you can call me negative for saying the following but I do feel weary of when it will all come to an end and we start seeing the true colours of this team, which let's face it, isn't all that much to write home about.

Because the fact that you so rightly called it, that we do sort of bypass the midfield to score goals, isn't something that we should be happy about but something that is concerning. We still struggle to get into games when we're being pressed and have no clue on how to calm things down and take control of the tempo. We still struggle to create true chances (through a well worked team move). These things won't get sorted until we find the proper players to upgrade our midfield

I am not as optimistic as Danny, but I agree that when the team is "clicking" (and we have a little luck on our side) we can beat anyone in Serie A. Hopefully it will be our day, and we will handle Roma as well, but it is going to be a tough game. In particular, although Montella's system is about the team, the overall quality is what it is, and we still have players that tend to be more dependable than others (Bona is one of them).

+Quote Post

Danny
post Dec 12 2016, 02:07 AM
Post #8

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,730

Leave it to me to be the optimistic one haha!

I'm usually the MF grump.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Dec 12 2016, 02:08 PM
Post #9

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

Let's try to be positive. All the doubting and fearing won't ease the blow anyway.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Dec 12 2016, 03:29 PM
Post #10

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Dec 12 2016, 02:08 PM) *
Let's try to be positive. All the doubting and fearing won't ease the blow anyway.

True, we'll see what happens.

Just think we'll miss Bona and Kucka a lot in that midfield, especially since their replacements are not exactly stellar. Which will defeinately hurt us against a team like Roma who's strong suite is their midfield

+Quote Post

milanbuf88
post Dec 12 2016, 04:14 PM
Post #11

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Member No.: 7,674

QUOTE (han2503 @ Dec 12 2016, 11:29 AM) *
True, we'll see what happens.

Just think we'll miss Bona and Kucka a lot in that midfield, especially since their replacements are not exactly stellar. Which will defeinately hurt us against a team like Roma who's strong suite is their midfield

Is Bona officially out?

+Quote Post

d'Arc.LP
post Dec 12 2016, 06:58 PM
Post #12

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,786

I believe we can get a point tonight, maybe more if Roma is having a bad night. Lets see how will Montella aproach this one.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Dec 12 2016, 07:54 PM
Post #13

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

I think best approach is just to sit back and counter on them.

They have flaws in their defence, we can exploit them if we get them outnumbered on good counters. Trying to play an open game against them would be stupid

+Quote Post

d'Arc.LP
post Dec 12 2016, 08:54 PM
Post #14

Giovanissimi Nazionali

ACMilan XI:
Donnarumma; Abate, Paletta, Romagnoli, De Sciglio; Pasalic, Locatelli, Bertolacci; Suso, Lapadula, Niang

This post has been edited by d'Arc.LP: Dec 12 2016, 08:54 PM

+Quote Post

d'Arc.LP
post Dec 12 2016, 08:54 PM
Post #15

Giovanissimi Nazionali

EDIT

This post has been edited by d'Arc.LP: Dec 12 2016, 08:54 PM

+Quote Post

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 12:27 AM