Fillipo Simone
post Sep 1 2008, 08:48 AM
Post #1

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,564

So, the summer window's are closing.

Now we'll have to wait till january to see a new...defender?
Anyway, the 351 pages of the summer thread payed out so,..just post here all rumours, possible and impossible transfers, dreams, hopes..
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Sep 1 2008, 09:07 AM
Post #2

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,865

I suppose asking for a top class centre back would be too obvious? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Sep 1 2008, 09:14 AM
Post #3

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Sep 1 2008, 10:07 AM) *
I suppose asking for a top class centre back would be too obvious? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

Yep, it would but then again...repetition isn't bad.

I think we should play Darmain more often to see how he works. Kaladze is just a lost case. I'd even give Senderos the advantage since he's younger and well,..I'm not used to his mistakes and bad marking.

But the real sad thing is that Maldini, at 40 by now, still does not have a young CB besides him who could learn from the master. Why not play Darmain now, beside Maldini/Nesta? What's the alternative? Loan him out and then let go lik Marzorati? Or wait till both Paolo and Sandro retire? And then what? Buy out a new CB?

Anyway, problem is, Galliani seems to be happy with Senderos and he usually is a bit of a slow thinker so the moment he realizes we maybe made a mistake and need another decent CB will be...next summer.

Till then, I think our top priority is a new RB or LB. I don't trust Jankulovski any more, he's to injury prone and his form is constantly unpredictable. After the departure of Oddo we need that extra fullback.

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Sep 1 2008, 09:21 AM
Post #4

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,865

Antonini is good. I think Oddo being left off was a good thing. He's not young, and it's too early for him to be second choice. In any case, we don't even have CL this season, so that kind of quality subs are not an immediate requirement.

You're right, maybe Darmian should be thought of to replace Kaladze. Maybe the war in his country is upsetting him a lot, but then whatever his reasons, we can't let that sabotage our campaign. Let him play a couple of games, and if he repeats the same mistakes, send Bonera/Senderos/Darmian in.

Kaladze can slot in as LB if need be.

+Quote Post

Bluesummers
post Sep 1 2008, 09:44 AM
Post #5

Allievi Nazionali

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 1,660

we should wait and judge senderos before decding we need WC cb. just my 0.02 dozers.

This post has been edited by Bluesummers: Sep 1 2008, 10:26 AM

+Quote Post

whoarethepatriot...
post Sep 1 2008, 12:23 PM
Post #6

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 782

I cant see any major signings occuring, barring a significant injury to someone. Instead of Oddo and R99, it will probably be some obscure 16 year old for the Primavera's

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Sep 1 2008, 01:10 PM
Post #7

Prima Squadra

Member No.: 3,660

Top class CB.
Top class GK.
Top class manager.

+Quote Post

acid911
post Sep 1 2008, 02:33 PM
Post #8

Berretti

Member No.: 3,736

Sign Ronaldo back.
Sell both Abbiati and Kalac to Serie C clubs.
Extend the contract of Maldini by twenty five more years.
Set up Leonardo as the new head coach.

+Quote Post

LaPalma
post Sep 1 2008, 02:36 PM
Post #9

Insert cool title here<--
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,792

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Sep 1 2008, 02:10 PM) *
Top class CB.
Top class GK.
Top class manager.

Exchange Nesta with Bochums Anthar Yahia.
Exchange Carletto with Bochums Marcel Koller.
I dunno about the GK situation.

Wow....I'm so funny....seems like I ate a clown this morning.

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Sep 1 2008, 03:01 PM
Post #10

Prima Squadra

QUOTE (LaPalma @ Sep 1 2008, 02:36 PM) *
Exchange Nesta with Bochums Anthar Yahia.
Exchange Carletto with Bochums Marcel Koller.
I dunno about the GK situation.

Wow....I'm so funny....seems like I ate a clown this morning.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post

KillerMax
post Sep 1 2008, 08:39 PM
Post #11

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 1,388

QUOTE (LaPalma @ Sep 1 2008, 08:36 AM) *
seems like I ate a clown this morning.

That's... dirty...

+Quote Post

LaPalma
post Sep 1 2008, 11:52 PM
Post #12

Insert cool title here<--
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,792

I like them...yammy. Better than beer with salt...FACT (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Sep 1 2008, 11:54 PM
Post #13

Smoking Bianco

Member No.: 191

Filipo, the window will open and close and the situation will remain the same. Not because I wouldn't want someone in particular, but because there has already been a HUGE change within the squad, with a lot of top top players .. I mean if you thought Madrid had a Galactico period, what is this !!

I doubt a top CB will come, I doubt a top GK will come and @kurt, Carlo is a top coach, whether you agree or disagree the man has trophies to prove it. Maybe now you wont budge from your assumptions, but with time when he is gone and all of Europe's best are after him, and when Milan fail and start jumping from one coach to another, then you will remember (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) ... I'v been through the post Capello era, so I know how much time took for us to lift the CL again ... And until you go through the same experience, then and only then will you not take this coach for granted.

+Quote Post

acid911
post Sep 2 2008, 12:09 AM
Post #14

Berretti

Member No.: 3,736

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Sep 2 2008, 03:54 AM) *
I mean if you thought Madrid had a Galactico period, what is this !!

I'd honestly not answer this. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) Galactico was something else, entirely. The best players of their time. At their peak. And while I'm the first to say this was our best transfer season in years, the team of say 2003-2005, give or take, was miles ahead of this.

Maldini, Nesta, Rui Costa, Dida, Stam, Cafu, Kaka, Sheva, Gattuso, oh my! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif) The best of the best. And it cost us over 150m Euros. This one while a very dangerous squad, cost us less than third of that. That was our last Golden Generation right then and there.

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Sep 2 2008, 12:30 AM
Post #15

Prima Squadra

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Sep 1 2008, 11:54 PM) *
Filipo, the window will open and close and the situation will remain the same. Not because I wouldn't want someone in particular, but because there has already been a HUGE change within the squad, with a lot of top top players .. I mean if you thought Madrid had a Galactico period, what is this !!

@kurt, Carlo is a top coach, whether you agree or disagree the man has trophies to prove it. Maybe now you wont budge from your assumptions, but with time when he is gone and all of Europe's best are after him, and when Milan fail and start jumping from one coach to another, then you will remember (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) ... I'v been through the post Capello era, so I know how much time took for us to lift the CL again ... And until you go through the same experience, then and only then will you not take this coach for granted.

We do have the stars now, let's just hope they win more than Madrids did!

He does have the trophies, I won't and can't deny that, but I do put it alot down to the stars he had. I'd argue he didn't win enough considering the players he's had.

I support a team outside of the media limelight, a team that isn't considering World class, or even great. I know what it's like to appreciate things, I don't need to have gone through the post-Capello era of Milan to know how to appreciate a coach. Villa were literally 5 minutes from relegation no less than 5 years ago so I know very well what it's like to have one bad season after another.

I also have confidence in alot of the players that we have to be able to finish in the top 4. I personally think Carlo is holding the team back. We have great potential in attack, but he won't utilise it.

+Quote Post

115 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:49 AM