> Serie A 2019/2020 season, All Milan games in Serie A

Danny
post Feb 10 2020, 02:47 AM
Post #751

Allievi Nazionali

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 6,730

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Feb 10 2020, 12:23 AM) *
Who said anything about being a top team? We repeat this over and over again but in all honesty no one of the few people left here thinks we're even close to being a top team.

Yet we played very well for the first 45 minutes and it was on us to lose this kind of advantage. Just read what Ibra said:

"We stopped playing, the team stopped believing, we stopped pressing, didn’t pass it around enough. From the equaliser onwards, everything collapsed"

It shows you how weak, fragile and unprepared our team is. Pioli also didn't react accordingly.

There's a phrase:

"Appeal to authority." A fallacy.

It means because someone in authority said it, it must be right...

It's also possible for Ibra to be wrong.

What I saw in that second half didn't look like a Milan team giving up, but it did look increasingly like one up against an Inter doing a good job of isolating our attack.

I agree Pioli was caught flat footed by the goals, but the team didn't down tools.

Great pep talk from Ibra, when he was probably the only one in the second half on our team who actually did stop working - as evidence by the fact his passing accuracy was the worst (aside Rebic who had a pretty poor game) on the pitch in the whole match.

I don't like it when the guy on the pitch with the worst passing then attacks his team mates for not passing!

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Danny
post Feb 10 2020, 02:48 AM
Post #752

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (William405 @ Feb 10 2020, 12:07 AM) *
I agree with Danny here. 100%

Rare for me to be annoyed with the others like this when it's usually them telling me off for not backing the team well enough, but this one definitely bothers me.

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Feb 10 2020, 06:56 AM
Post #753

Smoking Bianco

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 191

Agreed the team capatulated in the second half, the first half though was the best performance I have seen of Milan in the past 4-5 years.

inter, currently 2nd in Serie A table, were always going to be tough; they have a very good squad and an international coach. So the result is justified in that regard.

Milan should build on that first half performance, the quality is there for all to see. It is just that the team is young and lacks experience in handling certain situations.

There is not much to be said here.

P.S. Re the Verona game I noticed Juventus lost to them so was it a bad result that 'this' Milan drew against Verona? Food for thought.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Feb 10 2020, 12:50 PM
Post #754

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Feb 10 2020, 06:56 AM) *
Agreed the team capatulated in the second half,

Well we're kind of split down the middle in this one.

Not sure how 3 world class goals are capitulation but anyway.

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Feb 10 2020, 01:06 PM
Post #755

Smoking Bianco

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 191

QUOTE (Danny @ Feb 10 2020, 03:50 PM) *
Well we're kind of split down the middle in this one.

Not sure how 3 world class goals are capitulation but anyway.

Wasn't just the goals Danny, the possession, the pressing, etc... It was like one Milan team took the field in the first half and a completely different Milan team took the field the second half.

inter's quality was far superior on paper and the same translated in the second half, granted they were caught off guard by an aggressive Milan in the first half.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Feb 10 2020, 03:17 PM
Post #756

Allievi Nazionali

Ok, let's have a look by numbers then:

We lost the ball 9 times first half, 20 times second half, fair enough, that backs your argument up.

But in terms of possession:

In our half in the second 45 we had 51 passes - they had 49 in theirs. Kind of even. But in their half it was 69 we had to theirs in ours being 51 they had.

By contrast the first 45?

They had 85 in their half we had 45 in ours. And in their half we had 127 where they had 38 in ours.

What happened was we lost some of our way as they gained momentum, but it's patently false to say we capitulated.

They improved much more than we deteriorated, that's a way of putting it.

But those goals were stunning and yet we still plugged at it.

I just think a lot of you are being very, very harsh and unfair.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Feb 10 2020, 03:28 PM
Post #757

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Feb 10 2020, 12:23 AM) *
Who said anything about being a top team? We repeat this over and over again but in all honesty no one of the few people left here thinks we're even close to being a top team.

Yet we played very well for the first 45 minutes and it was on us to lose this kind of advantage. Just read what Ibra said:

"We stopped playing, the team stopped believing, we stopped pressing, didn’t pass it around enough. From the equaliser onwards, everything collapsed"

It shows you how weak, fragile and unprepared our team is. Pioli also didn't react accordingly.

Exactly

Danny, it's not about statistics. Just compare the 2 halves and it's clear to see that we blacked out as soon as Brosovic scored their first goal

1st half we were first to every ball, aggressive, pin-point passing, quick, got the attackers involved. 2nd half was the complete opposite. We started losing those 50/50s, made passing errors we weren't making in the 1st half. As soon as that first Inter goal went in you could see the difference in the team, it's like the air wan knocked out of them and they couldn't cope, and to ship the 2nd is such quick succession shows how fragile we are.

The quality of the goals does not matter. We let Inter get into those positions because we were backtracking as soon as the 2nd kicked off. Inter came out in the 2nd half to win it. And that's what they did by identifying where we were getting the upper hand. We were beating them in the center with Hakan forming a triangle with the midfield 2 and we were beating them on the wings with Samu and Conti + Theo and Rebic tag-teaming their wide players. Conte identified this and they out-played us in these areas in the 2nd half.

Pioli got the tactics right before the game, but in-game management was terrible on his end. He waited to long to make the changes. And the team came out with the wrong mentality in the second half. He knew Inter would come out guns blazing, he should have made sure we stayed compact to weather those first 15 to 20 minutes of the 2nd half.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Feb 10 2020, 03:46 PM
Post #758

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (han2503 @ Feb 10 2020, 03:28 PM) *
Exactly

Danny, it's not about statistics. Just compare the 2 halves and it's clear to see

It clearly isn't.

I'm completely done with this increasingly foolish debate.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Feb 11 2020, 12:12 AM
Post #759

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Member No.: 2,008

Couldn't watch the game.

@Danny - I get what you're saying, but we conceded 4 goals in 45 minutes. Regardless of how it went down, that's pretty shameful and inexcusable.

@Han - Again with Pioli. Pioli this, Pioli that. IT'S THE FRIGGING PLAYERS THAT ARE TO BLAME! Let's forget Pioli for once. He laid down the tactics, worked marvels in the first half. I'm pretty sure he didn't tell the players to fall asleep in the second, though.

We're weak mentally, and this keeps going on for many, many years. At the first sign of trouble we give up and crumble apart. There's nothing more to say, really.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Feb 11 2020, 12:17 PM
Post #760

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Feb 11 2020, 12:12 AM) *
Couldn't watch the game.

@Danny - I get what you're saying, but we conceded 4 goals in 45 minutes. Regardless of how it went down, that's pretty shameful and inexcusable.

On the surface it is, but three of those goals were kind of unstoppable.

+Quote Post

William405
post Feb 13 2020, 10:08 PM
Post #761

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 7,239

REBICCCCC!!

+Quote Post

han2503
post Feb 13 2020, 10:51 PM
Post #762

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Feb 11 2020, 12:12 AM) *
@Han - Again with Pioli. Pioli this, Pioli that. IT'S THE FRIGGING PLAYERS THAT ARE TO BLAME! Let's forget Pioli for once. He laid down the tactics, worked marvels in the first half. I'm pretty sure he didn't tell the players to fall asleep in the second, though.

We're weak mentally, and this keeps going on for many, many years. At the first sign of trouble we give up and crumble apart. There's nothing more to say, really.

And constantly chopping and changing the squad is not the solution. Inter shelled out good money to first bring in Spaletti as a stepping stone and then Conte. Look at them now. Yes they've made some changes, but the team they had last season + 3 good additions have taken them to the top of the table.

I've been happy with what Pioli has done compared to the dog cr@p we saw under Giampaolo. But if we ever want to be a CL team again we must invest in a top tear coach.

Anyways, as for the game today. We played another great game. But why is it that every time we play well against Juve, I end up with a bitter taste in the mouth when the game ends? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

Another game against Juve and I feel cheated. That first yellow to Theo was nonexistent, that already ruled him out of the 2nd leg. The 2nd yellow was deserved but that should have been his first. The penalty was debatable. Calabria's hands were down and he wasn't even looking at the ball. Add to that the yellow for Samu and we're going into the 2nd leg without 3 of our most important players (Samu, Ibra, Theo). It was a good showing but I don't see how we go to Turin and get a result with those guys missing plus the refs always giving the nod to Juve.

Aside from all that, we put in another good showing, we need to start getting the results to go along with the performances though. This game and the first 45 against Inter is some of the best stuff I've seen from us in a while. I think Pioli has really found the sweet spot with this 4-4-1-1 which changes to a 4-2-3-1 when we attack.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Feb 14 2020, 12:15 AM
Post #763

Allievi Nazionali

Unfortunately Pioli cost us this match by not hooking Theo. Sarri had the sense to hook Ramsey.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Feb 14 2020, 12:54 AM
Post #764

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Member No.: 2,008

QUOTE (han2503 @ Feb 13 2020, 10:51 PM) *
And constantly chopping and changing the squad is not the solution. Inter shelled out good money to first bring in Spaletti as a stepping stone and then Conte. Look at them now. Yes they've made some changes, but the team they had last season + 3 good additions have taken them to the top of the table.

I've been happy with what Pioli has done compared to the dog cr@p we saw under Giampaolo. But if we ever want to be a CL team again we must invest in a top tear coach.

Inter got De Vrij, Godin, Lautaro, Lukaku, Barella, Sensi, Eriksen just to name some in the last couple of years. They didn't just invest in their coaches, but also in the players.

I completely agree that we're not going anywhere with Pioli, and he should only be an interim solution till the end of the season. But let's not blame every loss on him.

QUOTE (han2503 @ Feb 13 2020, 10:51 PM) *
Anyways, as for the game today. We played another great game. But why is it that every time we play well against Juve, I end up with a bitter taste in the mouth when the game ends? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

Another game against Juve and I feel cheated. That first yellow to Theo was nonexistent, that already ruled him out of the 2nd leg. The 2nd yellow was deserved but that should have been his first. The penalty was debatable. Calabria's hands were down and he wasn't even looking at the ball. Add to that the yellow for Samu and we're going into the 2nd leg without 3 of our most important players (Samu, Ibra, Theo). It was a good showing but I don't see how we go to Turin and get a result with those guys missing plus the refs always giving the nod to Juve.

Aside from all that, we put in another good showing, we need to start getting the results to go along with the performances though. This game and the first 45 against Inter is some of the best stuff I've seen from us in a while. I think Pioli has really found the sweet spot with this 4-4-1-1 which changes to a 4-2-3-1 when we attack.

I thought we played a great game as well, considering the opponent. Until the second yellow, Juve were pretty much inexistent because we pressed them on every ball. I thought Bennacer and Kessie were especially impressive tonight.

Shame about the result. It was such a nonexistent penalty.

QUOTE (Danny @ Feb 14 2020, 12:15 AM) *
Unfortunately Pioli cost us this match by not hooking Theo. Sarri had the sense to hook Ramsey.

Hook? What does that mean?

+Quote Post

Danny
post Feb 14 2020, 04:23 PM
Post #765

Allievi Nazionali

Sorry, must be a British term! Means to take off.

In the theatre you see the old joke of an unwanted actor outstaying their welcome so you see the hooked walking stick come on from the side and pull him off by the neck.

Derives from that.

+Quote Post

68 Pages V  « < 49 50 51 52 53 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 03:26 PM