> Bonucci, Leonardo Bonucci

Fillipo Simone
post Aug 17 2017, 10:28 AM
Post #16

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,564

How do you blame FIFA for the obsession with young players? I don't follow Han...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Ry4n
post Aug 17 2017, 11:10 AM
Post #17

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 932

QUOTE (han2503 @ Aug 17 2017, 11:38 AM) *
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif)

Okay let me put it this way

1. We took away one of Juve's best and most important player, thus significantly weakening a direct rival while we improved our defence by a country mile compared to last season is you consider Musacchio as well

2. We signed him for 40m, while we sent DS the other way for 12m, so we basically signed him for 28m plus DS, a player who had not only stopped progressing but had started to regress

3. He's one of the best in his position, we got him because our project convinced him and he wanted to stay in Italy

4. You bet your @ss the Juventini are p!ssed off about how we got him for what is a minimal fee in today's football

5. Bonucci is a unique defender because he's not just very good stopper but he's great on the ball, Juve's tactics revolved around him starting plays from the back for them. You could clearly see against Lazio how difficult they were finding it when they were trying to do that with Chiellini or Benatia. So no, he's not easily replaceable for them, because he's more than just a great CB he's a great regista as well.

6. I blame this obsession with wanting young players only on FIFA. Fact is all our signings, bar Biglia and Bonucci are under 25s. We actually do need a couple of more experienced players to lead the team, and we got the perfect 2. Also, Bonucci is 30 years old, he's still got a good 5 years left in him playing at the top of his game

i really don't understand why anyone would be against such a move. Maybe you don't like the player, and I can sort of understand that irrational dislike thing, as we all have a list of players we feel that way about, but on a sporting level, this was a game changing transfer for us

All valid points.

I'm going to be fickle though and wait and see how her turns out for us. He will always be A Juve/Merda player unless he somehow emulates Seedorf , Pirlo & Inzaghi....

+Quote Post

han2503
post Aug 17 2017, 04:39 PM
Post #18

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Aug 17 2017, 10:28 AM) *
How do you blame FIFA for the obsession with young players? I don't follow Han...

Because the new generation football fan sees players as old once they're past the age of 27. Everyone wants the young potential, because that's what you do in Fifa, you go for the young, fast player with high potential

30 for a player like Bonucci is still young imo

+Quote Post

Forza Milan!
post Aug 17 2017, 05:50 PM
Post #19

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 12,353

QUOTE (han2503 @ Aug 17 2017, 08:38 AM) *
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif)

Okay let me put it this way

1. We took away one of Juve's best and most important player, thus significantly weakening a direct rival while we improved our defence by a country mile compared to last season is you consider Musacchio as well

2. We signed him for 40m, while we sent DS the other way for 12m, so we basically signed him for 28m plus DS, a player who had not only stopped progressing but had started to regress

3. He's one of the best in his position, we got him because our project convinced him and he wanted to stay in Italy

4. You bet your @ss the Juventini are p!ssed off about how we got him for what is a minimal fee in today's football

5. Bonucci is a unique defender because he's not just very good stopper but he's great on the ball, Juve's tactics revolved around him starting plays from the back for them. You could clearly see against Lazio how difficult they were finding it when they were trying to do that with Chiellini or Benatia. So no, he's not easily replaceable for them, because he's more than just a great CB he's a great regista as well.

6. I blame this obsession with wanting young players only on FIFA. Fact is all our signings, bar Biglia and Bonucci are under 25s. We actually do need a couple of more experienced players to lead the team, and we got the perfect 2. Also, Bonucci is 30 years old, he's still got a good 5 years left in him playing at the top of his game

i really don't understand why anyone would be against such a move. Maybe you don't like the player, and I can sort of understand that irrational dislike thing, as we all have a list of players we feel that way about, but on a sporting level, this was a game changing transfer for us

+1. One of our best signings this summer, IMHO. Possibly the best.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Aug 17 2017, 11:21 PM
Post #20

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,730

No one noticed Bonucci is officially our captain now?

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Aug 17 2017, 11:50 PM
Post #21

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Member No.: 2,008

Yeah, it was confirmed in the game against Betis.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Aug 18 2017, 01:51 AM
Post #22

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,730

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Aug 17 2017, 11:50 PM) *
Yeah, it was confirmed in the game against Betis.

The only pre-season match I didn't watch (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post

William405
post Aug 18 2017, 05:20 PM
Post #23

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 7,239

QUOTE (han2503 @ Aug 17 2017, 06:39 PM) *
Because the new generation football fan sees players as old once they're past the age of 27. Everyone wants the young potential, because that's what you do in Fifa, you go for the young, fast player with high potential

Yes, I do this. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post

han2503
post Aug 19 2017, 08:38 AM
Post #24

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (William405 @ Aug 18 2017, 05:20 PM) *

Who doesn't? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Aug 19 2017, 01:41 PM
Post #25

Primavera
Group Icon

QUOTE (han2503 @ Aug 17 2017, 06:39 PM) *

30 for a player like Bonucci is still young imo

Oh, so you meant the game. Now I see. Yeah, that's really a issue but kids are kids. Some will learn and evolve, some will always think of football as a video game.

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Aug 19 2017, 05:09 PM
Post #26

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,865

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Aug 19 2017, 08:11 PM) *
Oh, so you meant the game. Now I see. Yeah, that's really a issue but kids are kids. Some will learn and evolve, some will always think of football as a video game.

I can't stand it. People use Fifa formations as if in a real game they stay static. They use FIFA formation names like RCB, LCB etc. Ugh! I hate them more than the people who think Barcelona are the saviours of football.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Oct 3 2017, 05:19 PM
Post #27

Primavera
Group Icon

I really hope he ups his game quickly. He's been very bad so far, which makes me question his overall quality. Sure, it's early in the season and perhaps he can't find his right form and needs to gel with Musacchio (who's been sub-par as well) and Romagnoli, but man I expect much more from him. Hopefully it wasn't just Chiellini, Barzagli and the rest of Juventus that made him look good/better then he actually is.

+Quote Post

William405
post Oct 3 2017, 11:51 PM
Post #28

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 7,239

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Oct 3 2017, 07:19 PM) *
I really hope he ups his game quickly. He's been very bad so far, which makes me question his overall quality. Sure, it's early in the season and perhaps he can't find his right form and needs to gel with Musacchio (who's been sub-par as well) and Romagnoli, but man I expect much more from him. Hopefully it wasn't just Chiellini, Barzagli and the rest of Juventus that made him look good/better then he actually is.

True. But, I honestly I think he's the best out of the three defenders mentioned.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Oct 16 2017, 07:08 AM
Post #29

Primavera
Group Icon

I'm willing to wait and see what Bonucci will look like when a new coach comes in, but he's made me seriously question his quality so far.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Oct 16 2017, 08:07 PM
Post #30

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Member No.: 2,008

We should have never signed him. We should have pushed for a LFW, preferably Keita, and kept playing 4-3-3 with Musacchio and Romagnoli as CBs.

This post has been edited by X-Offender: Oct 16 2017, 08:09 PM

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 03:54 PM