X-Offender
post Dec 22 2010, 12:49 AM
Post #316

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,008

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Dec 22 2010, 01:16 AM) *
[...] a more then capable Muntari...

Muntari? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif) What about Cambiasso, Stankovic and Thiago Motta? Muntari is mediocre compared to them.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

acid911
post Dec 22 2010, 01:47 AM
Post #317

Berretti

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,736

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Dec 22 2010, 04:16 AM) *
Naah, if he signs for Inter I'll loose all respect to him that's left.

Oh come on, inter are our rivals, not enemy! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) If he goes there (even if as an interim coach till the end of the season), then so be it. What are we going to loose respect for Costacurta next because his son is an inter fan and has that club's poster on the wall? Or hate on Boriello because he celebrated his goal against us like crazy a few days back even though he is technically still a Milan player and we haven't gotten a penny out of Roma yet? Ibra played for them and most people hated him when he created trouble for us in the derby, and now people have him as their avatar and signature image.

If it's a job, it's a job, and well it's not like Leo's got a million offers at different clubs. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) If he goes there (which I have doubts about) then so be it. We should respect his time here and wish the guy all the best. Sure not going to our rivals is preferred and a sign of respect to a club's fans, but at the end of a the day it is just a game. A professional game, but a game, nonetheless. Business. Still your choice. And I'm perfectly okay with it. Just that him wearing the blue and black won't in any way take away from his 13 years at Milan. That's his choice to make.

+Quote Post

Bluesummers
post Dec 22 2010, 02:45 AM
Post #318

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 1,660

I dont know its a tricky situation. If I was in his boots, I'd have to think long and hard about the position.

There are lots of positives and negatives on both sides.

I think it boils down to whether or not he wants to advance his career as a coach or not and if he does then Inter would be a fantastic opportunity.

This post has been edited by Bluesummers: Dec 22 2010, 02:45 AM

+Quote Post

acid911
post Dec 22 2010, 02:59 AM
Post #319

Berretti

QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Dec 22 2010, 06:45 AM) *
I think it boils down to whether or not he wants to advance his career as a coach or not and if he does then Inter would be a fantastic opportunity.

Exactly. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) He is nowhere near an established or experienced coach, one that has a boatload of options on which team to coach. And by this I do not mean top 10-20 teams, even smaller clubs would prefer to hire a wily old tactician. You are right, it pretty much comes down to this.

Frankly I don't think an opportunity like this will come around anytime soon. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) And frankly I don't think he will take the job as quickly either. He is on inter's top list, not their only choice. Time will tell.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Dec 22 2010, 04:04 AM
Post #320

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,008

Leo should go to Inter simply as a spite to Berlusconi, because he treated him like crap. But on the other hand, more than ten years of history and friendship can't be canceled with such indifference. I'm really curious to what'll happen.

+Quote Post

acid911
post Dec 22 2010, 04:23 AM
Post #321

Berretti

Apparently that is one of the reasons why Moratti wants to hire him. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) Till the end of the season at least. Leo had his flaws (and I'll be the first one to admit it), but he was an inspiring personality, and who knows he may work out for inter. Even if he does not, inter fans think that he is worth a try for the next six months and see how it pans out.

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Dec 22 2010, 11:36 AM
Post #322

Smoking Bianco

Member No.: 191

Once Leonardo signs with la merda .. He will instantly fall into my bad book .. As Milan (including Berlusconi & Galliani) were the place that took him on and polished him to the status he has today.

We freaken brought him back from Brazil to play his final days with us ala Ibrahim Ba ... We gave him a respectable position in our club's structure. But to sign for la merda ? After all that Milan has done for him ? No, he can go and **** himself !

+Quote Post

han2503
post Dec 22 2010, 01:08 PM
Post #323

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Dec 22 2010, 11:36 AM) *
Once Leonardo signs with la merda .. He will instantly fall into my bad book .. As Milan (including Berlusconi & Galliani) were the place that took him on and polished him to the status he has today.

We freaken brought him back from Brazil to play his final days with us ala Ibrahim Ba ... We gave him a respectable position in our club's structure. But to sign for la merda ? After all that Milan has done for him ? No, he can go and **** himself !

Leonardo did a lot for Milan as well and Berlusconi gave him a boat load of cr@p in return (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

Anyways it's a job at the end of the day, and even if Leo becomes Inter coach I still won't lose any of the respect I have for him, both as former Milan player and coach

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Dec 22 2010, 01:17 PM
Post #324

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

Muntari? What about Cambiasso, Stankovic and Thiago Motta? Muntari is mediocre compared to them.

Cambiasso is 30, Stankovic 32. I don't think they are the ones full of motives and new will to rebuild Inter.

Leo should go to Inter simply as a spite to Berlusconi, because he treated him like crap.

Maybe, but then again, he had major luck with Berlusconi before. Milan had a perfect and smooth system running with Leo on the bench as a sub player, but Berlusconi ordered to put him in more, to play him and well...Leonardo got his Brazil call-up for the WC. Surprise, Surprise...

But sorry Acid, we disagree. I don't have anything to do with Borriello or Billy's son, does are not even close cases.
This is very much different. Because in the end, Moratti wants Leonardo only to bother us, and Leonardo wants Inter for the same reason. That's why both sides agree for the interim option. Because beside this, I don't see where the deal is heading? Does Inter need an interim coach? I don't think so, we saw what Zaccheroni achieved as an interim coach at Juventus. Those solutions a completely outdated.

And Leonardos career won't prosper exactly with one year under Morattis reign either. He will end up trophyless, with another failiure in 2 seasons, and he'll get the reputation of a fireman, and that of a second-rate fireman.

Of course, he could win the Scudetto and Coppa and prove me wrong,...but I don't think so.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Dec 22 2010, 01:19 PM
Post #325

Primavera
Group Icon

QUOTE (han2503 @ Dec 22 2010, 02:08 PM) *
Leonardo did a lot for Milan as well and Berlusconi gave him a boat load of cr@p in return (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

Ah Han, it's not even close. He was Berlusconis favorite pet for years. Milan and Silvio done so much for him, you can't even mesure.

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Dec 22 2010, 02:01 PM
Post #326

Prima Squadra

Member No.: 3,660

I just hate the way he was treated as coach.

Silvio bought him in because he was a rookie coach and wouldn't cost anything, then proceeded to give him absoloutely no support and bash him week in, week out.

If it was under different circumstances, I'd not be happy with this, but that isn't the case.

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post Dec 22 2010, 03:50 PM
Post #327

Primavera

Member No.: 1,265

Some of the comments on this page are really hilarious... it's almost as if some are waiting for a reason to hate on Leo.

Lame.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Dec 22 2010, 03:52 PM
Post #328

Primavera
Group Icon

QUOTE (Zed.D @ Dec 22 2010, 04:50 PM) *
Some of the comments on this page are really hilarious... it's almost as if some are waiting for a reason to hate on Leo.

Lame.

Let's get to the point. What's so hilarious?
Who said anything about hatred?

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post Dec 22 2010, 04:02 PM
Post #329

Primavera

Member No.: 1,265

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Dec 22 2010, 06:22 PM) *
Let's get to the point. What's so hilarious?

Someone waiting for a chance to hate on Leo? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif)

Who said anything about hatred?

Don't ask me. read the posts more carefully. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post

acid911
post Dec 22 2010, 04:15 PM
Post #330

Berretti

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Dec 22 2010, 05:17 PM) *
But sorry Acid, we disagree.

Fair enough. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) Different perspective, I guess. I just don't think too highly of labeling anyone traitor or calling them of disrespecting a club where they played most of their career. These are professional players and coaches, and well they have to do what is best for their family. Sure what Figo or our own Sheva did hurt fans, but I stand by their choices as professionals. They took a decision by moving to a rival club or wanted to try different leagues. In my humble opinion, it should not take even a day from the time they spent at Barcelona or Milan, respectively.

Having said that, I do completely agree with you that there is quite a bit of malice involved in the case of Leonardo, Moratti and Mr. B. And frankly the Italian media and former coaches were all praise for Leo when he stood up to Berlusconi. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) They thought of him as a brave individual. Part of me believes that our recent signing spree this summer had got to do with Mr. B giving a middle-finger salute to Leo by singing up a ton of players (which in my opinion, we needed a few seasons back). Leonardo will just be returning the favor, which he has every right to, more so after the public name calling and humiliation by Berlusconi (towards the end of last season).

And by the way, Milan got the services of Leo, it's not like they gave him free money. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif) Leo's best days were both in Milan and with the Brazil NT (more so with the national team, I'd say, people know him much more in the canary yellow jersey). As for his final days, he returned the money after he got injured. Galliani still recalls that classy incident. In fact, truth be told Leo did a tad bit more for Milan than what the club did for him - not just as a player, but a coach and transfer guru too. We do have to keep in mind that he is still the Golden Boy in Brazil, commands much respect, and was influential in bringing the likes of Kaka, Pato and Silva. I rate his skills as a transfer guru quite a lot more than a scout - if he set his sights on a player, he made sure he got him in the red and black.

PS. I have never been a fan of Leonardo, just respected his talent and class. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/king.gif) But let's cut it down the middle here, shall we. None of this should have or should be happening in the first place. At least I wish it didn't. And the guy was still our transfer expert, and never be forced into taking the coaching job.

+Quote Post

29 Pages V  « < 20 21 22 23 24 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:12 PM