Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Berlusconi: "Ronaldinho? Impossible. Eto'o? Maybe."

Portman
post Jun 25 2007, 07:04 PM
Post #16

Berretti

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 347

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Jun 25 2007, 07:01 PM)
Perfect. But if we get Gallas, then no Zambrotta for some time. But I don't see Gallas on the bench. And where does Kaladze go?

(IMG:http://officespam.chattablogs.com/archives/exit-door.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

misha
post Jun 25 2007, 07:08 PM
Post #17

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 787

When was the last time we paid 'big' for world class. We payed relatively big for Gila two years ago , but it was always a gamble. Before that, there were Rui Costa and Pippo in 2001 and Nesta in 2002.

It's not our style to pay crazy sums like Madrid and Chelsea. Milan would rather find someone good who they can bring for cheap like Ronaldo or Seedorf. But if so, the world class promise just gives false hopes to the fans. Last year he promised a 'surprise' which gave some hope despite the mess we were involved in.

Of course we have planty of time and we gonna strengthen the squad with few players for sure , but I just have the idea that Milan board think that we have a strong enough team to win the league. we don't. To win the CL you need experience and we have that. Too much. But to win the league you need stability and motivation. Many our players don't have enough motivation (they won it all already. Seedorf won't run if it's not United or Bayern and you have these big games mostly in spring. Pirlo finds his form too late. You can't trust on Pippo anymore untill big games too..), and our squad is more injury prone due to his age which make it harder to maintain stability. We won the league two times in the last 11-12 years and for a team like Milan it's unaccepted (again CL it's different. Maybe Liverpool can aforf not to win the league but to make it to the last stages of the CL. But Milan isn't Liverpool. we are at least one lever higher.

I just think we need to drop some of the old or weak players like Serginho, Cafu, Simic, Brocchi, Oli, Borri... and to bring a few hungry and motivated players who can add more balance to the team. I think Inter is more prepared for the Serie A and would have won it even with us starting without all the scandal mess.

Just a few thoughts (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/sleep.gif) Hope i'm just exaggerating and we ganna sign somebody big soon.

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Jun 25 2007, 07:09 PM
Post #18

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,865

He's so good...Benfica will sign him up in a flash...or even ur precious Madrid.(IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

But seriously...I'd love Gallas, but then Bonera goes to waste. Gallas is just too much quality to be not first choice. Kaladze is staying.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Jun 25 2007, 07:58 PM
Post #19

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

QUOTE (mishale @ Jun 25 2007, 07:08 PM)
When was the last time we paid 'big' for world class. We payed relatively big for Gila two years ago , but it was always a gamble. Before that, there were Rui Costa and Pippo in 2001 and Nesta in 2002.

It's not our style to pay crazy sums like Madrid and Chelsea. Milan would rather find someone good who they can bring for cheap like Ronaldo or Seedorf. But if so, the world class promise just gives false hopes to the fans. Last year he promised a 'surprise' which gave some hope despite the mess we were involved in.

Of course we have planty of time and we gonna strengthen the squad with few players for sure , but I just have the idea that Milan board think that we have a strong enough team to win the league. we don't. To win the CL you need experience and we have that. Too much. But to win the league you need stability and motivation. Many our players don't have enough motivation (they won it all already. Seedorf won't run if it's not United or Bayern and you have these big games mostly in spring. Pirlo finds his form too late. You can't trust on Pippo anymore untill big games too..), and our squad is more injury prone due to his age which make it harder to maintain stability. We won the league two times in the last 11-12 years and for a team like Milan it's unaccepted (again CL it's different. Maybe Liverpool can aforf not to win the league but to make it to the last stages of the CL. But Milan isn't Liverpool. we are at least one lever higher.

I just think we need to drop some of the old or weak players like Serginho, Cafu, Simic, Brocchi, Oli, Borri... and to bring a few hungry and motivated players who can add more balance to the team. I think Inter is more prepared for the Serie A and would have won it even with us starting without all the scandal mess.

Just a few thoughts (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/sleep.gif)   Hope i'm just exaggerating and we ganna sign somebody big soon.

Honestly, I think you said everything right.

We have to win the scudetto back...we simply have to, now that Inter paced up,...I mean, guys, I wanna see the second star above our badge.. (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/devil.gif)

Now, the season stayed in our memories for winning the CL. But I remember the chaos against Roma as well. And some really bad, shamefull preformances in the league...

But really - the only thing that bothers me is the attitude of our board. I really do fear that they see our squad as "covered in all positions" and that they only have to buy a eventual bonus player, like R20 or Sheva.

That is unacceptable for me,...and somehow, I got the feeling really noone at Milan even plans on scouting for young talents in EE, Africa, SA or even Asia. If thats the case, we are in a sad position.

As for Galliani, it really seems he is a reasonable man that makes the clubs finances and incomes organized and stable.

We need a defensive alternative. With Oddo who made a pretty fair season and both Cafu and Å imić staying, I dont see a new RB comming. The left is also filled with Serginho, Janku and Kala. So that leaves us to the fact that we either have to sell someone or we`ve to forget any new defender (thus I would be amazed with Gallas or Zambro)

Attack and midfield leave us the only transfet possibilities. Carletto has been praying long for a decent DM. Seems that he wont get him so soon,... (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

+Quote Post

LaPalma
post Jun 25 2007, 08:00 PM
Post #20

Insert cool title here<--
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,792

QUOTE (mishale @ Jun 25 2007, 07:08 PM)

Just a few thoughts (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/sleep.gif)   Hope i'm just exaggerating and we ganna sign somebody big soon.

Great post mish... As I always said we need some fresh blood in our squad. I love our old players but they just can't give their best in every game anymore. As you say, Inter is much better prepared for the league than we are. I think the last season showed us all how weak our subs are if we need them. And as I said it last season, our first squad is world class and can beat every team (CL showed that (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/cool.gif) ), but not with the same players twice a weak...

+Quote Post

Locke Lamora
post Jun 25 2007, 09:33 PM
Post #21

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 3,499

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Jun 25 2007, 07:09 PM)
He's so good...Benfica will sign him up in a flash...or even ur precious Madrid.(IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

But seriously...I'd love Gallas, but then Bonera goes to waste. Gallas is just too much quality to be not first choice. Kaladze is staying.

Mind you, even with Gallas, Milan are still VERY exposed to aerial attacks.

+Quote Post

Milan Are Brilli...
post Jun 25 2007, 09:39 PM
Post #22

Berretti
Group Icon

Member No.: 90

QUOTE (Locke Lamora @ Jun 25 2007, 08:33 PM)

Ah sod him, overrated so much, wouldn't say no to Toure but this guy is a joke - the person who said he would score own goals if he wasn't allowed to leave Stamford Bridge and some people complain about Sheva's loyalty on here (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

The big signing will be Andriy I'm pretty sure of that now.

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post Jun 25 2007, 09:49 PM
Post #23

Primavera

Member No.: 1,265

QUOTE (Kaka Is Brilliant @ Jun 26 2007, 12:09 AM)

I find that everything but big signing. Because Sheva is a closed chapter for me, wouldn't like it to open again... I'll lose all my respect and love toward him if he came back, because he'd only look like a big loser leaving Chelsea after just one season.

I prefer we give Oliveira one more chance, or at least sign another strikers. Signing Sheva would really be a step backward. He'll be 31 this September, goddamn it... (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/mad.gif)

+Quote Post

Tennie
post Jun 25 2007, 09:52 PM
Post #24

Token Girl
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,800

QUOTE (Kaka Is Brilliant @ Jun 25 2007, 04:39 PM)

I have a sinking feeling you're right. Not the best of news, really, given his age and recent form, but...well, much as I've lost respect for the man after the Chelsea jersey-kissing incident and the way he left Milan, the footballer is still supremely talented.

We could do worse.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Jun 25 2007, 10:06 PM
Post #25

Primavera
Group Icon

QUOTE (Locke Lamora @ Jun 25 2007, 09:33 PM)

Yep, ever since Stam left...thats very right, and thats why Alex would be good. But such a transfer is very unlike to happen...

+Quote Post

misha
post Jun 25 2007, 10:07 PM
Post #26

Allievi Regionali B

QUOTE (Kaka Is Brilliant @ Jun 25 2007, 11:39 PM)

I don't think so but it's possible. If Chelsea would buy another good striker in addition to what the have already (Pizarro, Drogba ,Kalou) then maybe. Plus Cheksea usually don't ask too much money when they are selling players (Crespo).

I don't remember him (or his people) even once talking about the possibility of a comeback. It's all just press filling the papers (just like in January).

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Jun 25 2007, 10:12 PM
Post #27

Primavera
Group Icon

QUOTE (mishale @ Jun 25 2007, 10:07 PM)
Plus Cheksea usually don't ask too much money when they are selling players (Crespo).

Chelsea dont sell their players, they torture their players with loans. Crespo for example...

If we get Sheva, it will be a loan, which is very unlike - nobody would profit from that kind of deal.

The only thing I know by now is that Barca is really back in business with Henry and Chivu signed and Gaucho and Eto`o staying... (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

+Quote Post

misha
post Jun 25 2007, 10:19 PM
Post #28

Allievi Regionali B

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jun 26 2007, 12:12 AM)
If we get Sheva, it will be a loan, which is very unlike - nobody would profit from that kind of deal.

Milan might do it as short solution while hoping it would became permanent later (like with Crespo). But I can't see Sheva agree going on loan.

If Chelsea and Sheva would agree on his departure it won't be on loan. Abramovich is his friend after all.

+Quote Post

jbryant1
post Jun 26 2007, 12:53 AM
Post #29

Esordienti A 95

Member No.: 874

QUOTE (mishale @ Jun 25 2007, 10:08 AM)

It seems that the tough thing is that times are a changin right? 20 years ago players didn't make 20 million euros in a season and clubs made a fraction of what they are making. But now Milan is making astronomical profits and competes with other organizations for talent and rights. No matter what we were ranked 3rd on the highest gross profits, Its really a bunch of excuses and we have Schevas 20 million pounds that didn't go anywhere.

The game has evolved into a competition between clubs for sponsorships, image rights, and players who bring in ticket sales. The money and stakes are higher than they've ever been and theres a huge competition. Real Madrid pretty much evolved the sport to this business sense with the Galaticos and the big name transactions. Those transactions are the norm now.

Its like with CEO's making the money they do and even in America professional sports athletes= big money. The game has evolved into what we see here with the NFL(american football), NBA(basketball), and MLB(baseball).

Inter and Juventus have evolved into this because they have to at this point to remain competitive. I just hope holding onto these old players lasts.

I agree with drop some of the old players. This is the key ingredient we've been talking about. They rarely do anything and there could be the next generation of players on the bench, hungry to make their next appearance. We collect these guys like fossils. Maybe the Karma is what wins us championships. Karma and Kaka.

This post has been edited by jbryant1: Jun 26 2007, 12:59 AM

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Jun 26 2007, 03:53 AM
Post #30

Smoking Bianco

Member No.: 191

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Jun 25 2007, 09:01 PM)
Perfect. But if we get Gallas, then no Zambrotta for some time. But I don't see Gallas on the bench. And where does Kaladze go?

Kakha can sit his @ss on the bench, or he could be swopped for Sheva (or whoever ..) ..

U never know (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 06:39 PM