Post #1

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,865

AC Milan announce stock purchase by ADIA

Mason Storm
AFPA Correspondent

In what has been described by most football pundits as a watershed moment in Italian football, AC Milan CEO Adriano Galliani announced yesterday, that the football club would soon have an as yet unnamed percentage of shares purchased by the Abu Dhabi Investment Authority.

"It is with great pleasure that we announce a partnership with ADIA coupled with a stock purchase, as we attempt to reinforce Milan's position as the foremost club in Europe and the world. We would like to welcome HH Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan and his associates into the Rossoneri family and hope that this partnership blossoms into providing a great future for this club".

While the CEO, lovingly called Uncle Fester by fans, would not be drawn into giving the exact details, he promised an official press conference along with Fininvest (Milan's parent company) officials would soon follow detailing the finer points.
The ADIA was represented by Mr. Fahad Al-Salaat, who said, "While the ADIA are primarily an investment group looking for great returns, we do realise the essence of AC Milan as a football club and the fact that sport and the fans outweigh any financial considerations. Nevertheless we are certain, that it is absolutely possible to balance victories on the pitch with a profitable balance sheet."
On being asked whether Milan would be the new Madrid, Al-Salat joked that Milan would become the club that Madrid attempted to be. He added, "Madrid are a great club, but the Italian topography of football is fundamentally different from Spain. Here there is a greater adherence to financial fundamentals, which coupled with the strong footballing base makes Milan a far more sensible investment option as opposed to clubs elsewhere. This is a well-managed club with no debts, and coupled with the recent history of success means the chances for our investment traveling further are greater here than in other clubs."

In a country notorious for turning down foreign purchasers, it is unique that one of the topmost clubs of the nation is opening its doors to foreign investment. However pundits say that this is a shrewd move on the part of Milan owner and current Italian PM Silvio Berlusconi.

Longtime football finance watcher, Ian Gigg Walker (of the Gartner group) had this to say, "As a PM of a country facing an economic crisis, Mr. Berlusconi cannot be seen investing the kind of millions he had previously done to take Milan to the top of the footballing hierarchy. In addition, the current taxation laws as well as lack of stadiums mean that A.C Milan cannot compete with the revenue streams of the English and Spanish clubs. Paired with the club management's strong aversion to incurring debts like Madrid and Manchester, it means that this was the only option available to raise funds. It is no secret that despite resurgence in the league, Milan remain a football team in desperate need of a cash injection. However even here, the consummate politician has played his pawns well, in not handing over a controlling stake to ADIA. He remains owner, while still receiving cash funding. He would of course remain in the spotlight from any resulting success, since the Arabs are famous for preferring to move in the background. For the ADIA, they essentially have first-mover advantage in the cash-cow that is the world footballing market. There are few candidates in football, that marry the twin assets of minimum debt as well as footballing success on the field."

While the exact figures involved are as yet not known, estimates flying around suggest a sum between 300 and 400 million USD for a 30-40% stake in AC Milan. However it is no secret that this deal, effectively makes Milan a financial powerhouse in the tumultuous footballing markets of today. Rivals, Inter and Madrid could be excused for being nervous.

Source: AFPA

I almost fainted. I just got off the phone with R7, and he said it's almost definitely true. They might be holding off the press burst over there coz of this: Link

^^He's one of the main people involved in having this deal go through.

Did some research. ADIA are SOLID!!! I mean really SOLID. It's no secret that Abu Dhabi has 10x the money of Dubai. ADIA; ADIA wiki

Of course this is a financial news item, so I think that bit at the end is a cheap hit at sensationalism (Madrid? Rivals? really??)...but whoa!! 300-400 frickin million!!! Here comes the new stadium, and Dzeko and Torres and Ramos and Juliana Moreira as official cheerleader. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/yahoo.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

d'Arc.LP
post Apr 1 2010, 11:17 AM
Post #2

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 6,786

OMG OMG OMG , is this possible ?

EDIT: OOOOOOOOOOH right it's 1 Aprill, and this a PURE LIE :@.

This post has been edited by d'Arc.LP: Apr 1 2010, 11:18 AM

+Quote Post

Fishdoll
post Apr 1 2010, 11:23 AM
Post #3

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 7,075

+1 (IMG:http://s4.tinypic.com/15e8pih_th.jpg) to the pirate for a nicely written April Fool's Day post.

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Apr 1 2010, 03:34 PM
Post #4

Prima Squadra

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,660

Great stuff Jack. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post

William405
post Apr 1 2010, 03:37 PM
Post #5

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 7,239

Great news Bro,I'm sure they won't go on a spending spree like Madrid but Leonardo will be able to pick some good players,I hope this deal will be complete,400mil can be quite helpful.

Aw April's fools :PPPPPPP **** :PPPP

This post has been edited by William405: Apr 1 2010, 03:38 PM

+Quote Post

servbot
post Apr 1 2010, 06:46 PM
Post #6

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Member No.: 6,771

Bah!!!!!!

You had me going there Jack! I've been prepared for April Fool's all day long, but I just ate lunch so I think that's why my guard wasn't up this time.

+Quote Post

Bluesummers
post Apr 2 2010, 01:22 AM
Post #7

Allievi Nazionali

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 1,660

I hate you jack (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cry.gif)

This post has been edited by Bluesummers: Apr 2 2010, 01:22 AM

+Quote Post

il_diavolo_mtl
post Apr 3 2010, 01:47 PM
Post #8

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,245

your evil

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 05:57 PM