> 'WE WILL FIND A SOLUTION'- Galliani, Galliani's words

Jack Sparrow
post Oct 23 2007, 09:45 AM
Post #1

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,865

'We struggle when we face teams who close up at San Siro. We are sorry for the fans, we want to do well in the league. We will solve the problems we're having at home.' - THE WORDS OF GALLIANI –

MILAN - At the end of the conference for the Audi partnership, Milan administrator Adriano Galliani talked about the team's situation and all the current topics. Here are his words:

MILAN'S MOMENT: 'Also yesterday we analyzed the situation in the dressing room with Carlo Ancelotti: this year we are struggling when we play at San Siro against teams who close themselves down, so it's not a surprise that the only games we've won were away from home, where we've always played well regardless of the results. In fact we played very well also at Palermo. Attacking teams who close themselves becomes problematic. Yesterday we didn't play well, even though we were denied a point by the refereeing. If they had given us that penalty when the score was 0-0 (handball by Piccolo in the 7th minute), perhaps the game would have been different. Also the Consumer Association evidenced that we were denied 5 points, which with yesterday have become 6. We're not discussing the good faith of the referees, but there is a certain repetitiveness to the mistakes. Sure, that doesn't take away we played badly, but if there's a penalty they have to give it. Along with our 11, 12, 14 players there was a 15th player who made a mistake and that was the referee.

DIDA, THE PENALTY REDUCTION AND THE EXCUSES AT SAN SIRO:
'Nelson was in Nyon with Cantamessa. I think a one match suspension is right, it's OK like this. Two matches seemed too much, but Dida made a mistake and one match is right. His was a mistake that did not bring any damage to anyone, neither to Celtic or to any other player. Reading the rules, you understand that one match is right, but to have two violence has to be involved, and that was not the case, at most Dida was a victim of violence.
As far as his excuses to San Siro go, Dida made a nice gesture that I think helped fix the player's relationship with the fans. It was his own idea, the club did not suggest anything."

MILAN-EMPOLI: 'In this moment we are sad, we are sorry for the fans, but it's hard to give an explanation for his. This is the team that, except for one player, played what I like to refer to as 'the perfect game', the semi-final against Manchester United at San Siro. After twenty-one years in the football world I cannot find an explanation for this moment, and neither can the fans. Compared to the team in Athens the only difference was that Gilardino played instead of Kaká, but aside from that there were no major absences.

The problem is that at home we struggle, perhaps we need to change something, I don't know. Yesterday I spoke with Ancelotti, always in a friendly and peaceful manner, about a possible solution to this problem. Milan are great when they're given space to play, not when it meets teams who close up. In any case I thought the team started well yesterday, we had a few chances, penalty appeal aside. Unfortunately we did not convert our chances and then it can happen that there's a counterattack and you concede a goal. We have to score, until now we've scored just once from open play, the one by Seedorf against Parma, which was a bit of a casual goal. I reminded the team yesterday. We are the European champions, I have nothing to complain about to the players, they give their all with the usual professionalism, that brought them to the top of Europe. We have to understand the problems we have at home and make sure we don't repeat the same mistakes.'

THE LEAGUE: 'I want to get rid of this idea that Milan don't give their all in the league. It's not true. In 2004 we won a Scudetto, in 2005 and 2006 we fought until the end with Juve to win the league. We had an off year in the league after that, and now we haven't started well. We gave the subscribers a league title and three years of fights for first place. Last year there was the penalisation. This year I don't know how it will end. We win away from home and not at home, but in one recent season we got 18 wins and one draw at home. We were always the same team, with the same formation. In the last three 'normal' years, so to speak, we always did well in the league. Let's not make a drama. We have to get past this moment and we will, with this club, this coach, and these players. I am reminded of last season. In November we were in a bad situation, we played in Florence as the 15th placed team. Then we resolved our problems.'

MILAN-SHAKHTAR: 'I hope the Ukrainians won't come to San Siro to defend! But I am not worried, I'm concentrated on each match as it comes, whether it's Empoli, Shakhtar, or Manchester. After losing the way we did in Glasgow, it's clear we have to try and win Wednesday, also because, although this is just a hunch considering how things have been going (smiles), it should be easier to win at home than in Ukraine.'

AMBROSINI AS STRIKER: 'Ambro is possibly our best player when it comes to aerial play, he even came close to scoring, their keeper was great. If he had scored we would be talking about a brilliant tactical move. You win against Lazio and they say it's because of the goalkeeper, but when you lose it's never thanks to the opposition's goalkeeper.

MARKET: 'The January transfer market will bring us a striker, Pato. We will have him available by January, so he will be like a new purchase. But since he's already training you've already branded him as a new purchase. Now we let him stay calm, hoping to recover Ronaldo and that, after January, Pato will do well.'

JANKULOVSKI AND MILAN'S SITUATION: 'Today we are worried about him, he's having a magnetic resonance test done to his knee, let's hope it's not a problem to a ligament. He was hurt yesterday during the match against Empoli. We await news. This is life. Life can't always be like Athens: you have defeats, you have injuries. Our fortune is that we have a President who understands this well. There's a thing I want to contest. Someone today spoke about 'Milan chaos', but it's enough to look at our environment to understand that this does not hold for us. You can talk about defeats, a results crisis if you will, but not chaos.
This is the team, with six players in the running for the Golden Ball. I'm disappointed about the 8 points in 10 matches, not because we have Inter in front. If it were Juve or any other team it would be the same.'

This post has been edited by Jack Sparrow: Oct 23 2007, 09:52 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post Oct 23 2007, 10:18 AM
Post #2

Primavera

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 1,265

What the hell does that mean "the teams close up against us" or "they come to defend"?! they have beaten us 0-1 and you say they come to defend?! maybe you don't know how football is played these days! it's just RIDICULOUS to make these kind of excuses.

These teams also close themselves up or come defend against Inter, Juve and Roma too. but why they don't lose at home to them?! because they have someone on the field named 'striker' who does the job. we don't have any right now. or I shall say ours are more of scarecrows than strikers...

This post has been edited by zdrossoneri: Oct 23 2007, 10:20 AM

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Oct 23 2007, 02:35 PM
Post #3

Smoking Bianco

Member No.: 191

tsk tsk tsk ... Maybe some people just need to copy and paste their comments, cuz the comments are all the same!

What did u expect him to say ?? Gilardino and Inzaghi are not enough ? (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Oct 23 2007, 03:35 PM
Post #4

Group Icon

maybe you don't know how football is played these days! it's just RIDICULOUS to make these kind of excuses.

Ok...I'm gonna paste a few comments from Galliani's words. I'm also assuming that excuse is when you say 'it's not my fault'.

this year we are struggling when we play at San Siro against teams who close themselves down, so it's not a surprise that the only games we've won were away from home, where we've always played well regardless of the results. In fact we played very well also at Palermo. Attacking teams who close themselves becomes problematic. Yesterday we didn't play well, even though we were denied a point by the refereeing.

Before we yell about the refereeing...

Sure, that doesn't take away we played badly, but if there's a penalty they have to give it

And as for the league

'I want to get rid of this idea that Milan don't give their all in the league. It's not true. In 2004 we won a Scudetto, in 2005 and 2006 we fought until the end with Juve to win the league. We had an off year in the league after that, and now we haven't started well. We gave the subscribers a league title and three years of fights for first place.

I don't know if R7's gonna float a conspiracy theory that Galliani has been sneakily reading his posts to come up with points for yesterday's speech, but as far as I'm concerned, this was a very forthright and honest interview from Galliani's side.

+Quote Post

Warchant
post Oct 23 2007, 03:36 PM
Post #5

Giovanissimi Nazionali
Group Icon

Member No.: 703

that's 2 minutes of my life i'll never have back...

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Oct 23 2007, 03:37 PM
Post #6

Group Icon

that's 2 minutes of my life i'll never have back...

(IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/realmad.gif) Meaniehead...

(IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif) (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif) Holy sh!t she's contagious.... (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post

dst
post Oct 23 2007, 04:26 PM
Post #7

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 911

Uncle Fester lost his class a long time ago... I must say he's a joke right now even if he's a man I respect for what he's offered to this club! I will ignore whatever he says from now on...

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Oct 23 2007, 04:35 PM)
tsk tsk tsk ... Maybe some people just need to copy and paste their comments, cuz the comments are all the same!

Yes and Galliani is the leader of the pack of those people...

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post Oct 23 2007, 04:36 PM
Post #8

Primavera

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Oct 23 2007, 05:05 PM)
What did u expect him to say ?? Gilardino and Inzaghi are not enough ? (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

... I just get angry when I read his words tbh. sorry!

Just want to say one thing; the day that Galliani gives up on defending Gila and admits we need to buy a world-class striker will come. he cannot continue repeating this now-famous phrase "the teams close themselves up when they face Milan" after every disappointing result. (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Oct 23 2007, 06:05 PM)
I don't know if R7's gonna float a conspiracy theory that Galliani has been sneakily reading his posts to come up with points for yesterday's speech, but as far as I'm concerned, this was a very forthright and honest interview from Galliani's side.

Honest?! (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) "the teams close themselves up against us", it's not honesty. it's distracting the thoughts from the main issue: our strikers have problem.

I don't say he has to come out and bash them, but he can at least stop insisting no one will arrive and we're fine as we are and etc.

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post Oct 23 2007, 04:39 PM
Post #9

Primavera

QUOTE (dst @ Oct 23 2007, 06:56 PM)
Uncle Fester lost his class a long time ago... I must say he's a joke right now even if he's a man I respect for what he's offered to this club! I will ignore whatever he says from now on...

wow... what a telling retort! (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

This post has been edited by zdrossoneri: Oct 23 2007, 04:40 PM

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Oct 23 2007, 05:51 PM
Post #10

Group Icon

I don't say he has to come out and bash them, but he can at least stop insisting no one will arrive and we're fine as we are and etc.

No one was supposed to arrive in mid-field and we got Emerson. We'd 'given up' on R99 coz we weren't ready to pay anything, and then 2 weeks later he's holding the rossoneri jersey. And I still believe we got R99 on a profit. If he plays just 20 matches this season, with the same lethality as he did last season, he'd be easily worth the money we spent on him.

Nope...on the transfer market you can't expect Galliani to be honest. It's against his business priciples.

And as for the attackers. Paolo already said, that we played without 3 attackers. And that as far as I'm concerned means our attack wasn't good enough. It's all you can say without coming out saying, 'Our current attackers are too out of form and hopelessly out of touch'.

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Oct 23 2007, 10:04 PM
Post #11

Smoking Bianco

Member No.: 191

QUOTE (dst @ Oct 23 2007, 06:26 PM)

Actually Berlusconi (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

+Quote Post

nuh
post Oct 30 2007, 03:42 PM
Post #12

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 1,284

i hope the SOLUTION is getting a better manager and big players or at least a gd gk for dida

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 06:20 PM