> Emanuelson, Urby Emanuelson

Fillipo Simone
post Mar 23 2012, 12:10 PM
Post #31

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,564

The guy is a joke if you ask me. He's got it to be a mid-table utility player every coach alla Ranier would dream of.

As a AM he's a real travesty. Sure, his ping-pong may actually cause from time to time against weaker defenses confusion, but all in all - he's a solid pass, a poor shot, his technique leave something to be desired, and his strength...god, he has no stability, no stamina. Just fix him with a stronger player, and you got him solved.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post Mar 23 2012, 12:34 PM
Post #32

Primavera

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 1,265

That's a bit harsh, Fillipo.

+Quote Post

milanbuf88
post Mar 23 2012, 01:24 PM
Post #33

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 7,674

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Mar 23 2012, 07:10 AM) *
The guy is a joke if you ask me. He's got it to be a mid-table utility player every coach alla Ranier would dream of.

As a AM he's a real travesty. Sure, his ping-pong may actually cause from time to time against weaker defenses confusion, but all in all - he's a solid pass, a poor shot, his technique leave something to be desired, and his strength...god, he has no stability, no stamina. Just fix him with a stronger player, and you got him solved.

No stamina? Are you joking? Have you actually watched a game lately? He always runs hard all game. Against Juve he was the only one that continued to run after we scored our second goal and he ran his *** off in extra time. You continue to support has-beens like Zambrotta and Seedorf who are gasping for breath after 60 minutes yet you call Urby a joke. Absolutely ridiculous. Urby is not a typical AM but he has shown improvement over the course of time and has really helped us in our injury crisis. As a fullback he doesn't have much strength but he has some speed and he displays composure on the ball that both Antonini and Mesbah lack. We don't need him to be amazing we just need him to keep his man in front of him and not make a howler that puts excess pressure on Thiago.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Mar 23 2012, 01:33 PM
Post #34

Primavera
Group Icon

What did it bring? Almost every of his runs was stopped without even triggering a foul/free kick? He has pace, surely, but what is it good if he falls like a fly every time a stronger player tries stopping him. And his dribbles are not near enough good to get him past a more defensive stable team. Yes, playing Emanuelson as AM at Milan is a joke if you ask me.

+Quote Post

acid911
post Mar 23 2012, 02:00 PM
Post #35

Berretti

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,736

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Mar 23 2012, 04:10 PM) *

Aye. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/goodheart.gif) I'm sure he's a good guy, with a heart of gold in the middle, and it's not like I dislike him or anything, not even 1%, he's perfectly fine. But definitely not who should be a solution for Milan if we want to aim big. Like you said, a perfect mid-table utility player every coach would dream of.

A lucky, or should I say, extremely lucky perfect mid-table utility player every coach would dream of.

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Mar 23 2012, 04:10 PM) *

Spoken like it is, Fillipo. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/read.gif) He has neither the build nor vision for this position. If I have something against Allegri it is this. He has been stuffing this team with jack of all trades, master of none players. Yes, Emanuelson has put in a few good shows these past few matches, and he's improving a bit, but it is what it is.

As long as we have players like these, we'll never be the masters of our destiny. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif) Any of the bigger teams will figure us out at will. As of this writing, I am sure Barcelona's coach is very carefully analyzing all our players, their strengths and weaknesses. And Emanuelson has not much of either.

QUOTE (Zed.D @ Mar 23 2012, 04:34 PM) *
That's a bit harsh, Fillipo.

Harsh, but not totally untrue. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sleep.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif) The guy hasn't a creative bone in his body. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) I've been as shocked when I see him starting in the AM position, as I was when he first got a chance to play there. LCM is where his place is, and that too as a sub. Or at least it should have been if this was 2007.

+Quote Post

Jack Bauer
post Mar 23 2012, 05:28 PM
Post #36

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 6,705

He's a gap filler and played good in a time of crisis in the Serie A - when we had like 12-13 injuries and almost no midfield at all - and showed improvement. He's no starter and wasn't brought as one so I find this criticism to be undeserved. Who would play AM when we had Boateng, Seedorf, and Aqui injured?

+Quote Post

milanbuf88
post Mar 23 2012, 05:52 PM
Post #37

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Member No.: 7,674

QUOTE (Jack Bauer @ Mar 23 2012, 12:28 PM) *
He's a gap filler and played good in a time of crisis in the Serie A - when we had like 12-13 injuries and almost no midfield at all - and showed improvement. He's no starter and wasn't brought as one so I find this criticism to be undeserved. Who would play AM when we had Boateng, Seedorf, and Aqui injured?

Thank you, Jack. Glad some one can put this in perspective. At full strength is Urby is at best third choice AM and he has performed admirably. Sure his runs didn't result in a game winning goal or dangerous free kick but they were the only glimpses we got during extra time. Also, why would you expect him to singlehandedly win for us? He's not Kaka. He needs people to run with him and no one put any effort in. Ideally Urby is a quality utilities man who can back up three different positions and make no mistake, players like Urby are essential to being able to fight on three different fronts all season.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Mar 23 2012, 08:44 PM
Post #38

Primavera
Group Icon

QUOTE (Jack Bauer @ Mar 23 2012, 05:28 PM) *

That's right, he's a gap filler like Giunti. And great, when we had no one, surely he filled the position. But I've seen Allegri selecting him as AM when in fact Urby wasn't the last resort. I fear he could stubbornly play him as AM even when we end up fully fit.

At full strength is Urby is at best third choice AM and he has performed admirably.

Admirably? How many assists did he make? What's so admirably he's done?

Sure his runs didn't result in a game winning goal or dangerous free kick but they were the only glimpses we got during extra time.

Actually his runs resulted Juve's counterattacks. Unless you think it's a good thing, I would say those runs were pretty stupid.

deally Urby is a quality utilities man who can back up three different positions and make no mistake, players like Urby are essential to being able to fight on three different fronts all season.

And you got that conclusion from where? When did Urby impress you as LB exactly?

+Quote Post

Jack Bauer
post Mar 23 2012, 09:08 PM
Post #39

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 6,705

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Mar 23 2012, 11:44 PM) *
That's right, he's a gap filler like Giunti. And great, when we had no one, surely he filled the position. But I've seen Allegri selecting him as AM when in fact Urby wasn't the last resort. I fear he could stubbornly play him as AM even when we end up fully fit.

Your fear has no legs. When fit, Boateng is the first choice AM every time. Urby is a useful utility player and done well lately, when was needed in time of many injuries. Like when the fading Seedorf was injured in the beginning of the Arsenal clash and like in the Serie games in the last two month (2 goals, 4 assists). So I don't get the bashing of someone who helped us overcome a difficult time in the league when we practicaly had no one. No one claimed that he's world class or should be a starter.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Mar 24 2012, 04:03 PM
Post #40

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Member No.: 2,008

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Mar 23 2012, 12:10 PM) *

That's ironic, coming from someone who keeps supporting old has-been's that have got nothing to do with the game of football anymore.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Mar 24 2012, 04:27 PM
Post #41

Primavera
Group Icon

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Mar 24 2012, 04:03 PM) *
That's ironic, coming from someone who keeps supporting old has-been's that have got nothing to do with the game of football anymore.

So we gotta go personal now, repeating what already has been said? Great defense.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Mar 24 2012, 04:34 PM
Post #42

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Mar 24 2012, 04:27 PM) *
So we gotta go personal now, repeating what already has been said? Great defense.

But it's so true. You should be the last person calling Emanuelson shite.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Mar 24 2012, 04:42 PM
Post #43

Primavera
Group Icon

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Mar 24 2012, 04:34 PM) *
But it's so true. You should be the last person calling Emanuelson shite.

So by defending players like Inzaghi or Seedorf I loose my right to criticize other players, or better their playing positions??

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Mar 24 2012, 04:46 PM
Post #44

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Mar 24 2012, 04:42 PM) *
So by defending players like Inzaghi or Seedorf I loose my right to criticize other players, or better their playing positions??

You don't lose the right, but you don't sound too credible when you say such things.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Mar 24 2012, 04:58 PM
Post #45

Primavera
Group Icon

That's great. Thank you for clearing things out. You won't be bothered by my less-credible comments any more.

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 10:06 PM