> Italy have Pirlo doubt

Rossoneri7
post Oct 9 2006, 07:30 PM
Post #1

Smoking Bianco

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 191

Italy have Pirlo doubt

Italy may face Georgia in their Euro 2008 qualifier on Wednesday without playmaker Andrea Pirlo in the side.

The Milan man is a doubt for the tie after he missed training this evening following the squad’s arrival in Tbilisi earlier today.

The former Inter player is suffering with a swollen trachea and has symptoms of a cold, even if he is not yet struggling with a high temperature.

The Italian medical team insist tonight’s absence was a precautionary measure, but boss Roberto Donadoni may be forced to make changes to the midfield which beat Ukraine 2-0 at the weekend.

The rest of the squad completed training without any problems even if the tactician is keeping journalists guessing over his starting line-up.

He tested numerous formations even if it seems that he has decided which back four to field later this week.

The ex-Milan winger tested a defence including Cristian Zaccardo, Fabio Cannavaro, Alessandro Nesta and Gianluca Zambrotta with insistence.

Should that quartet be confirmed then Donadoni will make two changes from the weekend with Zaccardo replacing Massimo Oddo on the right, while Marco Materazzi would be dropped from the centre with Nesta coming in.

Roma midfielder Simone Perrotta is also available to feature after he was forced out of the Ukraine victory with suspension.

Whispers suggest that Italy may switch from a 4-3-3 to a more conservative 4-4-1-1 with Perrotta and Mauro Camoranesi coming into the side. Antonio Di Natale may play behind lone striker Luca Toni.

Channel4
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Oct 9 2006, 08:00 PM
Post #2

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,865

Edit: Double posting sorry...my dial-up's acting up again...

This post has been edited by Jack Sparrow: Oct 9 2006, 08:13 PM

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Oct 9 2006, 08:03 PM
Post #3

Group Icon

Is Del Piero really that hopelessly out of touch? Isn't he usually the withdrawn striker?

+Quote Post

han2503
post Oct 9 2006, 08:05 PM
Post #4

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Oct 9 2006, 07:00 PM)
Is Del Piero really that hopelessly out of touch?

It's not his form or how he plays, imo he played a good game against Ukraine, but as it wore on he got more visibly tired and couldn't keep up with the pace. I just don't think he has it in him anymore, at least not for the national team

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Oct 9 2006, 08:10 PM
Post #5

Smoking Bianco

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Oct 9 2006, 10:03 PM)

Del Piero is old man .. He aint what he used to be, he'd be great for the last 20-30 mins of the game .. But 90 mins is just too much to ask of him, plus Italia has a lot of options

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Oct 9 2006, 08:22 PM
Post #6

Group Icon

Lot of options? Who else plays trequartista? I don't know of any new players who do that...

+Quote Post

misha
post Oct 9 2006, 08:35 PM
Post #7

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 787

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Oct 9 2006, 09:03 PM)

For me Del Piero isn't the same player after his injury before Euro 2000. He came back different, bad different.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Oct 9 2006, 08:36 PM
Post #8

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Oct 9 2006, 07:22 PM)
Lot of options? Who else plays trequartista? I don't know of any new players who do that...

Del Piero was never a trequartista, he is a seconda punta, Totti is a trequartista.

I don't know why people keep confusing this. The problem with DP is that without Totti he is being forced to play as the trequartista, when he is not that, if he was younger and still had SOME pace in his legs, then he would be able to play in that role without any trouble, like we've seen him do so many times in the past. But he just doesn't have it in him anymore to fill that very demanding position, which never really was his natural position in the first place.

DP is the Sheva, Henry type striker, but without pace

This post has been edited by han2503: Oct 9 2006, 08:36 PM

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Oct 9 2006, 08:52 PM
Post #9

Group Icon

then he would be able to play in that role without any trouble, like we've seen him do so many times in the past.
....guess those are the only times I've seen him...

'The Del Piero Zone'...man I used to love those free kicks.

+Quote Post

dst
post Oct 10 2006, 11:58 AM
Post #10

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 911

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Oct 9 2006, 10:00 PM)
Edit: Double posting sorry...my dial-up's acting up again...

seems like your actual posts are 223 out of the calculated 446 !! (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif) (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Oct 9 2006, 10:10 PM)
But 90 mins is just too much to ask of him

I think 10 minutes is too much to ask when it comes to Del Piero. He just shouldn't be playing in the NT anymore .. Giuve have stuffed him up with so many drugs that he's 50% water plus 50% cocaine !! (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/puke.gif)

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Oct 10 2006, 07:13 PM
Post #11

Group Icon

Giuve have stuffed him up with so many drugs that he's 50% water plus 50% cocaine !! puke.gif

(IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) .....not LSD huh....darn...would have rooted for Giuve otherwise (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Oct 11 2006, 01:41 AM
Post #12

Smoking Bianco

Will be interesting to see how Italy will play w/o Pirlo .. I mean Lippi's Italy was so dependent on the tident of Pirlo-Gattuso-Perotta ..

I wonder how Donadoni will do .. (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

+Quote Post

arivanjj
post Oct 11 2006, 03:26 AM
Post #13

7th Heaven

Member No.: 821

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Oct 11 2006, 10:41 AM)
Will be interesting to see how Italy will play w/o Pirlo .. I mean Lippi's Italy was so dependent on the tident of Pirlo-Gattuso-Perotta ..

I wonder how Donadoni will do ..  (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

yes, i don't think too good cause Pirlo really links up the whole team

+Quote Post

florenti1
post Oct 11 2006, 10:20 AM
Post #14

Esordienti B 96

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 1,983

Spain - ITALY 1-2

Congratulations to ITALY's U21 national team that have qualified for the European Championship !!!!
and also congratulations to Roma ,Inter ,Fiorentina ,Juve and for their players that are playing in this national team

Its a shame that MILAN doesn't have at least one player in U21 team

+Quote Post

dst
post Oct 11 2006, 10:34 AM
Post #15

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 911

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Oct 10 2006, 09:13 PM)

so you're an LSD fan ...

QUOTE (florenti1 @ Oct 11 2006, 12:20 PM)
Its a shame that MILAN doesn't have at least one player in U21 team

No even one ?? (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/huh.gif) Indeed it's shameful ... but rarely do these kids come out good so it's not so grave !!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 02:50 PM