han2503
post May 4 2009, 06:26 AM
Post #211

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ May 3 2009, 09:26 PM) *
Very good gam by the ragazzi !! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/devil.gif)

Bring on Juveee (IMG:style_emoticons/default/devilsmiley.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/devilsmiley.gif)

Something to take note of, Ceseare Maldini was asked about some tactical issues post match on Jazeera sport about Ronaldinho & Gourcuff's lack of play at Milan ... His response was that Milan plays in a certain way that serves the best for certain players - more balanced. When both players were fielded they either take a left side position in midfield or partner Kaka' behind the striker. Both failed to hold that position and that is why Carlo prefers Seedorf who has a better understanding with the midfield and attack than the previous two. Carlo played them in Seedorf's position(s), because he wanted them to replace him in the near future in that formation, hence the choices that the coach had taken.

But he does feel that Ronaldinho has a better chance come next season than the French.

Ronaldinho while playing in that position was probably the single reason we didn't go down to mid table...

Of course Cesera Maldini will always defend Carlo's choices, because him and his son are 'those' kind of guys, they're too gracious and noble for their own good. You think Seedorf actually gives us balance by playing the attacking mid role?? All he does is unbalance our plays with his bad passing and slow movement. Sure Kaka and Dinho tend to both drift to the left at times, but lets not forget the countles times they assisted each other...

Let's not make excuses for Carlo's fascination with Seedorf. There is no reason what-so-ever why he should be on the pitch ahead of Pato and Dinho, simple as that.

The competition should be between him and Becks, Becks has been having up and down performances and Seedorf needs some competition to get his blood flowing again. It's simple really, Seedorf has no business being considered for a role he cannot play in. But this is Carlo's Milan so un-just things like this will continue to occur until he is no longer with us
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post May 4 2009, 06:27 AM
Post #212

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,865

QUOTE (Zed.D @ May 3 2009, 07:49 PM) *
Vargas the Flop ((IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif) ) scores for Fiorentina again.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif) He's still a flop. They've moved him to mid-field now. I think like Janku, it's making a difference in his play.

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post May 4 2009, 07:42 AM
Post #213

Primavera

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 1,265

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ May 4 2009, 09:57 AM) *
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif) He's still a flop. They've moved him to mid-field now. I think like Janku, it's making a difference in his play.

So he was not a flop. he just was being played out of position!

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post May 4 2009, 07:48 AM
Post #214

Primavera

QUOTE (han2503 @ May 4 2009, 09:56 AM) *
Ronaldinho while playing in that position was probably the single reason we didn't go down to mid table...

Of course Cesera Maldini will always defend Carlo's choices, because him and his son are 'those' kind of guys, they're too gracious and noble for their own good. You think Seedorf actually gives us balance by playing the attacking mid role?? All he does is unbalance our plays with his bad passing and slow movement. Sure Kaka and Dinho tend to both drift to the left at times, but lets not forget the countles times they assisted each other...

Let's not make excuses for Carlo's fascination with Seedorf. There is no reason what-so-ever why he should be on the pitch ahead of Pato and Dinho, simple as that.

The competition should be between him and Becks, Becks has been having up and down performances and Seedorf needs some competition to get his blood flowing again. It's simple really, Seedorf has no business being considered for a role he cannot play in. But this is Carlo's Milan so un-just things like this will continue to occur until he is no longer with us

100% agreed. with all respect to Cesare Maldini, I think he is no critic, there's no constructive criticism in his opinions whatsoever.

THERE’S ONLY ONE RICKY

5/3/2009 7:04:00 PM

With four matchdays to go before the end of the season, one away from the direct clash against Juventus, there is now a four point advantage over the Bianconeri. General manager Adriano Galliani enjoys the moment, the game and Ricky Kaka.

CATANIA – These are the declarations of the Rossoneri’s general manager, Adriano Galliani, at the end of Catania-Milan 0-2:

“It was a nice win, we played really well and it’s not a coincidence that we play like this since we have fully recovered Ricky Kaka. The injuries weigh in the moment in which the substitutes don’t play well, that is on the same level of those who they substitute. I would say that Dida, Favalli, Maldini and Beckham, each one of them, substituted very well those who, during the season were forced to stop. However, there’s only one Riccardino... In fact in the seven games that Kaka did not play, we only obtained six points: a relegation average. And now let’s think about Juventus.”

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif) @ the underlined part...

This post has been edited by Zed.D: May 4 2009, 08:23 AM

+Quote Post

MizNelson
post May 4 2009, 08:52 AM
Post #215

Dida per sempre

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 3,563

For anyone up to doing a little research, what games were those?

+Quote Post

dst
post May 4 2009, 09:52 AM
Post #216

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 911

It's a shame that we're so dependent on him! But it's more annoying that we're doing nothing to fix this...

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post May 4 2009, 10:57 AM
Post #217

Primavera

QUOTE (MizNelson @ May 4 2009, 12:22 PM) *
For anyone up to doing a little research, what games were those?

Bologna (lost)
Palermo (lost)
Juventus (lost)
Inter (lost)
Cagliari (won)
Sampdoria (lost)
Atalanta (won)

Despite all the Kaka has sucked this season (which is true to an extent), this clearly shows we were still dependent on him.

This post has been edited by Zed.D: May 4 2009, 11:00 AM

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post May 4 2009, 10:58 AM
Post #218

Group Icon

QUOTE (Zed.D @ May 4 2009, 01:12 PM) *
So he was not a flop. he just was being played out of position!

Playing a LB at LB is not out of position. That he wasn't good enough to play there since he couldn't do both duties effectively is the point. So they moved him into a position where he could be of some use. But the fact is when you spend so much money for a LB you need a LB, not a LM. Sure, Vargas might turn out to be great at playing LM, but then the hole the Viola have at the LB spot still remains to be filled.

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post May 4 2009, 11:05 AM
Post #219

Primavera

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ May 4 2009, 01:28 PM) *
Playing a LB at LB is not out of position. That he wasn't good enough to play there since he couldn't do both duties effectively is the point. So they moved him into a position where he could be of some use. But the fact is when you spend so much money for a LB you need a LB, not a LM. Sure, Vargas might turn out to be great at playing LM, but then the hole the Viola have at the LB spot still remains to be filled.

I know he didn't exactly turn out what they expected... I was just pulling your leg (how dare I!)

+Quote Post

han2503
post May 4 2009, 12:05 PM
Post #220

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

zeddie you should open the Juve match thread... Let's keep the ball rolling please (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post May 4 2009, 01:13 PM
Post #221

Group Icon

QUOTE (Zed.D @ May 4 2009, 03:35 PM) *
I know he didn't exactly turn out what they expected... I was just pulling your leg (how dare I!)

I know!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif) You would pull my leg....my leg??!! My frickin wooden leg??!!! Sorry I acted like an @$$hole and got all defensive. I can't help the first part, and I'll try not to do the second. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

Big match against Juve. But with the merda win against Lazio, we can say goodbye to the scudetto. I hope we cut their lead to under 5 points though. So I think it's important we win. Juve are going through the same phase we were when they met us. The tables have turned completely, and I hope we use it to our advantage. We've got huge games coming up, but all our opponents are at their weakest so that's a silver lining. Would be great to win all of our remaining games, and hopefully take that momentum with us.

If we look like genuine title challengers, we might even be more attractive when shopping for players. Especially from within Serie A.

This post has been edited by Jack Sparrow: May 4 2009, 01:19 PM

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post May 4 2009, 01:24 PM
Post #222

Smoking Bianco

Member No.: 191

QUOTE (han2503 @ May 4 2009, 08:26 AM) *

That is your opinion, great (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

I was just stating that while watching the post match debate Ceseare stated his own opinion. Which you can take either way, but bear in mind you are talking about a former coach who knows a thing or two about tactics and who deals with the club first hand. He was not in anyway praising Seedorf.

He was actually answering a question of: 'Why Carlo doesn't field Ronaldinho and didn't field Gourcuff ?'

If anything, I think what he is saying is Milan doesn't need Ronaldinho or Gourcuff, Milan needs a modern player who can fit into that position; e.g. Gerrard.

+Quote Post

han2503
post May 4 2009, 01:47 PM
Post #223

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ May 4 2009, 12:13 PM) *
I know!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif) You would pull my leg....my leg??!! My frickin wooden leg??!!! Sorry I acted like an @$$hole and got all defensive. I can't help the first part, and I'll try not to do the second. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

Big match against Juve. But with the merda win against Lazio, we can say goodbye to the scudetto. I hope we cut their lead to under 5 points though. So I think it's important we win. Juve are going through the same phase we were when they met us. The tables have turned completely, and I hope we use it to our advantage. We've got huge games coming up, but all our opponents are at their weakest so that's a silver lining. Would be great to win all of our remaining games, and hopefully take that momentum with us.

If we look like genuine title challengers, we might even be more attractive when shopping for players. Especially from within Serie A.

I wouldn't call Fiorentina and Udine at their weakest right now. I think considering Roma's and Juve's form, those 2 are going to be our toughest opponents.

And agreed, Scudetto was lost a long time ago but coming within a few points of Inter in second will look a hell of a lot better then barely making 4th.

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ May 4 2009, 12:24 PM) *
I was just stating that while watching the post match debate Ceseare stated his own opinion. Which you can take either way, but bear in mind you are talking about a former coach who knows a thing or two about tactics and who deals with the club first hand. He was not in anyway praising Seedorf.

He was actually answering a question of: 'Why Carlo doesn't field Ronaldinho and didn't field Gourcuff ?'

If anything, I think what he is saying is Milan doesn't need Ronaldinho or Gourcuff, Milan needs a modern player who can fit into that position; e.g. Gerrard.

Aside from being a coach Maldini Sr. is a Milan legen and fan, so ofcourse he will always look at things positively from Carlo's perspective. There's just no other direction I could see him going in. He would never say a negative thing about a present Milan coach especially on national television, he's too classy for that and I think you would agree with me on this.

I'm not saying that he was praising Seedorf but that he is defending Carlo's tactics and motives, and he will always do that simply because he is the person that he is. Regarding getting a box-to-box man for that position next to Kaka, (if that is the position we are talking about here?) I would have to disagree completely, someone like Gerrard who drives the team from the midfield would simply be wasted in that posotion. That position is dedicated to an attacking midfielder, something Ronaldinho is. and the system was working fine until Dinho got injured, he is the man for that position not Seedorf or a Gerrard type player. Now if you're talking about the midfield 3 next to Pirlo and the defensive midfielder, then I would agree completely with you.

Seedorf is not good enough anymore. And I don't even know what to pin it on, whether it's the motivation or the fact that he is getting old and can't keep playing at a high level anymore. He is not a Maldini that can transform himself into a center back in order to prolong himself, and neither is he a Pippo Inzaghi, someone that relies on istinct rather then physical power. Seedorf is all about his movement, strength and skill and lately he has shown that he has declined a significant amount in all of these areas

This post has been edited by han2503: May 4 2009, 01:51 PM

+Quote Post

I_Rossoneri
post May 4 2009, 02:03 PM
Post #224

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 558

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ May 3 2009, 09:26 PM) *
Very good gam by the ragazzi !! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/devil.gif)

Bring on Juveee (IMG:style_emoticons/default/devilsmiley.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/devilsmiley.gif)

Something to take note of, Ceseare Maldini was asked about some tactical issues post match on Jazeera sport about Ronaldinho & Gourcuff's lack of play at Milan ... His response was that Milan plays in a certain way that serves the best for certain players - more balanced. When both players were fielded they either take a left side position in midfield or partner Kaka' behind the striker. Both failed to hold that position and that is why Carlo prefers Seedorf who has a better understanding with the midfield and attack than the previous two. Carlo played them in Seedorf's position(s), because he wanted them to replace him in the near future in that formation, hence the choices that the coach had taken.

But he does feel that Ronaldinho has a better chance come next season than the French.

QUOTE (han2503 @ May 4 2009, 06:26 AM) *

Simple answer - play two forwards with Ricky behind them!

+Quote Post

han2503
post May 4 2009, 02:27 PM
Post #225

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (I_Rossoneri @ May 4 2009, 02:03 PM) *
Simple answer - play two forwards with Ricky behind them!

Not that simple to Carlo apparently...

We'll see what he does against Juve and then we can judge.

+Quote Post

16 Pages V  « < 13 14 15 16 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:43 AM