Milan 70 34 21 7 6
Juventus 65 33 19 8 6
Fiorentina 58 33 18 4 11
Genoa 57 33 16 9 8
Roma 52 33 15 7 11
Cagliari 49 33 14 7 12

13 point gap...4 games remaining after this round is done

So yeh if they lose we qualify 100%

Even if we lose the rest of our remaining games it's unlikely Genoa will beat us on goal difference

This post has been edited by elcordobez: May 3 2009, 04:19 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post May 3 2009, 04:32 PM
Post #199

Primavera

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 1,265

you're right, thanks.

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post May 3 2009, 04:51 PM
Post #200

Primavera

QUOTE (goal.com)
Seedorf -8.5: Has been criticised in recent months, but this afternoon Seedorf was impressive, particularly in the first half where he controlled much of the game, and was a real creative force.

This one made me giggle (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post

MizNelson
post May 3 2009, 04:53 PM
Post #201

Dida per sempre

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 3,563

QUOTE (Zed.D @ May 3 2009, 08:51 AM) *
This one made me giggle (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Seedorf -8.5: Has been criticised in recent months, but this afternoon Seedorf was impressive, particularly in the first half where he controlled much of the game, and was a real creative force.

Not only that, they gave Casillas a 7 despite his conceding SIX goals yesterday. Fill in your own joke.

This post has been edited by MizNelson: May 3 2009, 04:54 PM

+Quote Post

Ry4n
post May 3 2009, 04:55 PM
Post #202

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 932

Post match from Channel 4 news

Link:

Ancelotti hails new Milan Sunday 3 May, 2009

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Carlo Ancelotti hopes Milan can continue this level of performance next season, but warns Scudetto dreams are a utopia for now.

The Rossoneri notched up their seventh win in eight games with a 2-0 away to Catania and maintained the gap from leaders Inter at seven points.

“We are not thinking of the top spot, but rather keeping ourselves clear of fourth position. We need four points to make that secure in four games,” said the Coach.

Thanks to Juventus' 2-2 draw with Lecce, they have extended their advantage in second to four points.

“I am very realistic. We are playing well, get to train all week and that shows on the field at the weekend.

“We will have to remember how we work now and take that on through next season.

“Inevitably there are regrets about what we could have achieved this year, but everyone knows the injury problems we had.”

The rumours that Ancelotti is set to join Chelsea continue apace with reports Roman Abramovich's yacht was spotted off the coast of Sicily ahead of today's game.

“That's all we need!” laughed the tactician. “Watch out in case Abramovich's helicopter swoops down to take me away (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

This post has been edited by Ry4n: May 3 2009, 04:58 PM

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post May 3 2009, 05:09 PM
Post #203

Primavera

QUOTE (MizNelson @ May 3 2009, 08:23 PM) *
Not only that, they gave Casillas a 7 despite his conceding SIX goals yesterday. Fill in your own joke.

Had it not been for Casillas, Barca would have ended the game with a two-digit number in front of their name on the scoresheet. there was not much he could have done on any of the goals (maybe only on the 1st goal but then again he saved another 4-5). the defensive line in front of him was brutally bad.

QUOTE (Ry4n @ May 3 2009, 08:25 PM) *
"Inevitably there are regrets about what we could have achieved this year, but everyone knows the injury problems we had."

How come the team is winning now with all the injuries?! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif) I want to smash my head against the wall when I read about this childish excuse the management, Carlo and even the players use every day.

+Quote Post

MizNelson
post May 3 2009, 05:13 PM
Post #204

Dida per sempre

Member No.: 3,563

QUOTE (Ry4n @ May 3 2009, 08:55 AM) *
reports Roman Abramovich's yacht was spotted off the coast of Sicily ahead of today's game.

Eh, yeah. Right. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

+Quote Post

RinoIlCapitano
post May 3 2009, 05:36 PM
Post #205

Esordienti B 96

Member No.: 6,161

QUOTE (Zed.D @ May 3 2009, 04:09 PM) *
How come the team is winning now with all the injuries?! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif) I want to smash my head against the wall when I read about this childish excuse the management, Carlo and even the players use every day.

yes but this is true, imagine barca which is now the best team in the world in my opinion without Puyol for the whole season (Nesta), Eto'o (Boriello) for the season, Xavi (rino) for half of the season, Messi (kaka) 3 or 4 months and so on....

they will be behind Real now and out of the champions league for sure!

+Quote Post

dst
post May 3 2009, 06:11 PM
Post #206

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 911

QUOTE (Zed.D @ May 3 2009, 06:01 PM) *
Even when he was at his best? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif)

Not as a player, he surely used to be a great one but I could never stand his mug or his attitude!

This post has been edited by dst: May 3 2009, 06:12 PM

+Quote Post

Tennie
post May 3 2009, 06:40 PM
Post #207

Token Girl
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,800

Here are datasport's ratings.

Dida 6.5 Impegnato pochissimo, quando è chiamato in causa non soffre particolarmente ed interviene con efficacia. [Rarely called on, but when he is, he doesn't suffer particularly and intervenes with efficiency.]

Bonera s.v. Non giudicabile. [not judgable]

Jankulovski 6.5 Molto reattivo sia in fase di copertura sia in avanti dove si propone con buona continuità sfruttando la fascia sinistra. [Very reactive in coverage as well as going forward where he shows good continuity on the left.]

Maldini 6.5 Pulito ed efficace in difesa. Nel primo tempo colpisce bene di testa indirizzando verso la porta siciliana, sulla linea Izco gli nega la gioia del gol. [Efficient in defense. In the first time a good header that was saved off the line by Izco.]

Favalli 6.5 Ottimo in fase di copertura, non sbaglia praticamente nulla. Solo nel primo tempo una sua deviazione di testa manda il pallone sul palo facendo tremare i tifosi rossoneri. Emozionante. [Optimal in coverage, hardly mistakes a thing. only in the first half was the hand to ball that worried the rossoneri fans.]

Zambrotta 7 Vivacissimo sulla fascia destra dove agisce in tandem con Beckham arrivando spesso al cross. Battagliero in difesa non concede nulla agli attaccanti di casa. [Very lively on the right where he works in tandem with Beckham providing a lot of crosses.]

Felipe s.v. Non giudicabile. [Not judgable.]

Pirlo 6 Gara ordinata per il metronomo rossonero. Detta con calma e tranquillità i tempi della squadra. [Good game by the rossoneri metronome. Provides calm and tranquility to the team's timing.]

Seedorf 6 Giostra a metà campo ora interdicendo ora impostando e sempre facendo valere la sua enorme esperienza. [ Merry go round at midfield now interceding now imposing and always showing his enormous experience.]

Beckham 7 Propulsivo e dinamico sulla fascia destra dove sventaglia una serie di precisi cross in mezzo con parabole che sembrano disegnate. Artista puro. [Propulsive and dynamic on the right where he puts in a series of precise crosses with angles that seem designed. Pure artist.]

Ambrosini 6.5 Ottima gara in fase d'interdizione. Un mastino insuperabile che non molla mai la presa. [Optimal game in the interdiction phase. An impassible mastiff who never gives up pressing.]

Kaka' 7.5 Quando è in giornata non lo fermano nemmeno se gli sparano. Serve un'assist delizioso ad Inzaghi al 27' per la rete del vantaggio rossonbero e poi al 52' in area è rapace a picchiare in gol sulla corta respinta del portiere. Se fosse anche entrato il suo destro a giro che al 67' si stampa invece sul palo sarebbe stata una gara davvero perfetta. Incantevole. [When he's having a good day you can't stop him even if you try. Provides a delicious assist to Inzaghi for the first goal and then has a tap in in the second. If his attempt at the 67th had gone in it would have been a perfect game for him. Enchanting.]

Pato s.v. Non giudicabile. [Not judgable]

Inzaghi 7 Sbaglia, le cose facili soprattutto, vero. Ma altrettanto vero è che come è opportunista, lottatore e bomber lui, non lo è nessun altro. Al 27' non esita a raccogliere un magico assist di Kakà, liberrasi della marcatura e battere in rete per il vantaggio del Milan. Goleador. [Yes, he misses the easiest things. But it's also true that as opportunist, gambler and bomber, there's nobody like him. In the first half he latches onto a magical assist from Kaka and scores the goal that puts Milan ahead.]

+Quote Post

han2503
post May 3 2009, 07:47 PM
Post #208

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (KakaIlCapitano @ May 3 2009, 04:36 PM) *
yes but this is true, imagine barca which is now the best team in the world in my opinion without Puyol for the whole season (Nesta), Eto'o (Boriello) for the season, Xavi (rino) for half of the season, Messi (kaka) 3 or 4 months and so on....

Don't understand how you can actually compare Boriello with Eto'o, Boriello has never been an integral part of the team, so we can't say whether we've missed him or not this season since he's never actually got a consistant run in the squad. Sure he scored 2 goals in his 3 games, but who's to say those weren't a fluke and he would be another Gila for us and would have basically done nothing?

So to say that we missed having Boriallo to me is a ridiculous excuse and assumption, he's definately not our Eto'o that's for sure. His total season wipe out through injury confirms to me that we actually made a mistake in spending all that money on a player that we had been shopping around Serie A for years.

QUOTE (Tennie @ May 3 2009, 05:40 PM) *
Pirlo 6 Gara ordinata per il metronomo rossonero. Detta con calma e tranquillità i tempi della squadra. [Good game by the rossoneri metronome. Provides calm and tranquility to the team's timing.]

Beckham 7 Propulsivo e dinamico sulla fascia destra dove sventaglia una serie di precisi cross in mezzo con parabole che sembrano disegnate. Artista puro. [Propulsive and dynamic on the right where he puts in a series of precise crosses with angles that seem designed. Pure artist.]

How come Pirlo gets the low rating yet Becks gets a 7??

Beckham was really bad today, bad passing, bad crossing, which basically means he did nothing right when it comes to him, yet Pirlo was on top of his game today, he controled the midfield with ease and basically was the architect of everyone of our plays. Cr@p ratings imo.

+Quote Post

I_Rossoneri
post May 3 2009, 08:35 PM
Post #209

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 558

I agree Han, I thought Becks was poor today(judging from his usual high standards).

Anyway great performance today, it seems we're starting to really click now - just a shame it's too late! Still, if we can continue this form until the end of the season it will be a nice platform to start next season.

I've got to give respect to Catania as well, it would have been easy for them to sit with ten behind the ball(like chelsea and the majority of 'smaller' Serie A sides), but they did try to attack. Their assistant manager was full of praise for Milan as well. I wish them all the luck for the rest of the season and hope they retain Serie A status for next season.

And one more thing...Pippo Inzaghi! What a player!!!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post May 3 2009, 09:26 PM
Post #210

Smoking Bianco

Member No.: 191

Very good gam by the ragazzi !! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/devil.gif)

Bring on Juveee (IMG:style_emoticons/default/devilsmiley.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/devilsmiley.gif)

Something to take note of, Ceseare Maldini was asked about some tactical issues post match on Jazeera sport about Ronaldinho & Gourcuff's lack of play at Milan ... His response was that Milan plays in a certain way that serves the best for certain players - more balanced. When both players were fielded they either take a left side position in midfield or partner Kaka' behind the striker. Both failed to hold that position and that is why Carlo prefers Seedorf who has a better understanding with the midfield and attack than the previous two. Carlo played them in Seedorf's position(s), because he wanted them to replace him in the near future in that formation, hence the choices that the coach had taken.

But he does feel that Ronaldinho has a better chance come next season than the French.

+Quote Post

16 Pages V  « < 12 13 14 15 16 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:57 AM