milanbuf88
post Jan 16 2014, 07:46 PM
Post #121

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 7,674

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jan 16 2014, 03:06 PM) *
So you guys still rate Constant?

I think he could be useful as a back up midfield squad player if Seedorf gives him a chance there. He should never start another game for us at LB though.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

CHU-LIP
post Jan 16 2014, 07:47 PM
Post #122

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 7,230

QUOTE (milanbuf88 @ Jan 16 2014, 09:46 PM) *
I think he could be useful as a back up midfield squad player if Seedorf gives him a chance there. He should never start another game for us at LB though.

That's not good enough reason to keep him.

Constant can leave, rather keep Emanuelson, and then there's little place for him anyway.

+Quote Post

acid911
post Jan 16 2014, 07:55 PM
Post #123

Berretti

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,736

Constant has his uses, but a reliable defender isn't one of them. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sleep.gif) He can leave on the next flight out.

+Quote Post

milanbuf88
post Jan 16 2014, 07:56 PM
Post #124

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Member No.: 7,674

QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ Jan 16 2014, 03:47 PM) *
That's not good enough reason to keep him.

Constant can leave, rather keep Emanuelson, and then there's little place for him anyway.

I agree. If the choice is between Constant and Emanuelson then the choice is easily Emanuelson. I personally rate Constant and Nocerino at about the same level: not good enough and should be sold if we get a decent offer. It just depends upon the size roster we plan on keeping. Also realistically I don't know if we can expect to rid ourselves of all the dead weight at once. We have a lot of it (Constant, Nocerino, Muntari, Zaccardo, Silvestre, Matri, etc...).

+Quote Post

CHU-LIP
post Jan 16 2014, 08:04 PM
Post #125

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 7,230

QUOTE (milanbuf88 @ Jan 16 2014, 09:56 PM) *
I agree. If the choice is between Constant and Emanuelson then the choice is easily Emanuelson. I personally rate Constant and Nocerino at about the same level: not good enough and should be sold if we get a decent offer. It just depends upon the size roster we plan on keeping. Also realistically I don't know if we can expect to rid ourselves of all the dead weight at once. We have a lot of it (Constant, Nocerino, Muntari, Zaccardo, Silvestre, Matri, etc...).

Yeah, they're quite a lot, but I hope all of Constant, Nocerino, Muntari, Zaccardo, Silvestre and Matri leaves. Emanuelson is welcome to stay, and for everyone more welcome when and if all those others are away from Milan.

+Quote Post

mishie
post Jan 16 2014, 08:58 PM
Post #126

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 1,072

QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ Jan 16 2014, 09:04 PM) *
Yeah, they're quite a lot, but I hope all of Constant, Nocerino, Muntari, Zaccardo, Silvestre and Matri leaves. Emanuelson is welcome to stay, and for everyone more welcome when and if all those others are away from Milan.

Matri has gone for now (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Jan 16 2014, 09:32 PM
Post #127

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,564

I really don't see any use in Constant. He's a poor defender, he can't play a winger, he lack's precision. What's there to do? All he can do is play a classic left midfielder in a smaller club, where you do a little of everything and get a solid rating. But here? I don't see how he fits in any possible lineup.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Jan 16 2014, 10:17 PM
Post #128

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Member No.: 2,008

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jan 16 2014, 11:32 PM) *
I really don't see any use in Constant. He's a poor defender, he can't play a winger, he lack's precision. What's there to do? All he can do is play a classic left midfielder in a smaller club, where you do a little of everything and get a solid rating. But here? I don't see how he fits in any possible lineup.

*lacks (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post

Danny
post Jan 19 2014, 03:39 PM
Post #129

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,730

QUOTE (KillerMax @ Jan 16 2014, 10:17 AM) *
Seedorf to renew Emanuelson

If this is factual, then Seedorf and I are going to have problems already. First of all it would be playing favorites from the get go. Second, Emanuelson as first team LB? DS must be the undisputed starter there. Especially when Abate gets back. DS is somehow at his best on that left side. And no matter all of Abate's shortcomings, Urby is inferior in every respect.

Starting to feel nervous about Seedorf already, This could get ugly.

Hope this news is nothing but speculation. Especially the first team LB thing....

Urby was magnificent V Roma. Absolutely superb. He's shown he's very good at LB and it's created a problem because DS is also a superb LB.

It's a pity neither are good at RB otherwise our problems would be solved.

Maybe, just maybe Seedorf is happy with both DS and Urby in competition there. That article on says Urby will be heavily involved in that position, not that he will be first choice for sure.

If only DS was better at RB! This really wouldn't be a debate otherwise.

+Quote Post

KillerMax
post Jan 19 2014, 03:48 PM
Post #130

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 1,388

QUOTE (Danny @ Jan 19 2014, 09:39 AM) *
Urby was magnificent V Roma. Absolutely superb. He's shown he's very good at LB and it's created a problem because DS is also a superb LB.

Maybe, just maybe Seedorf is happy with both DS and Urby in competition there. That article on says Urby will be heavily involved in that position, not that he will be first choice for sure.

Urby has had a couple great games. He can develop defensively, but he can be a good attacking option on that LB side. But DS is just a Malidini-esque player. He is class on that left side and should be an undisputed starter there.

I don't why he himself or anyone else for that matter thinks he is better on the right.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Jan 19 2014, 03:51 PM
Post #131

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,730

QUOTE (KillerMax @ Jan 19 2014, 02:48 PM) *
I don't why he himself or anyone else for that matter thinks he is better on the right.

Beats me too. My best guess is he said that to endorse Allegri's selection of him there. Because he was horrendous there V Roma and has struggled in general.

Going forward, not bad. Defensively - a horror show.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jan 19 2014, 05:17 PM
Post #132

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (Danny @ Jan 19 2014, 03:39 PM) *

Urby has been good for a couple of games at LB, but by no means would I trust him there indefinitely, he's a defensive liability. The game against Sassuolo illustrates this perfectly. He wasn't directly responsible but he also was the one who kept pushing up and leaving a Bonera who was having an absolute nightmare stranded on his own to deal with a pacey player in wide open spaces.

We don't have any problems in the FB area. We have Italy's first choice FBs playing there. It's nice to have Urby as an option should either one of them be injured but under no circumstances should he take DS's place as starter or even Abate's (through switching DS's position)

I personally like Urby in midfield more than in defence anyway

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Jan 19 2014, 05:21 PM
Post #133

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Member No.: 2,008

Every time someone makes a new post in this thread puts a smile on my face because I'm reminded that Allegri is no longer our coach. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy.gif)

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jan 19 2014, 05:29 PM
Post #134

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jan 19 2014, 05:21 PM) *
Every time someone makes a new post in this thread puts a smile on my face because I'm reminded that Allegri is no longer our coach. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post

KillerMax
post Jan 19 2014, 05:35 PM
Post #135

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 1,388

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 08:43 PM