dst
post Jun 19 2007, 01:47 AM
Post #16

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 911

QUOTE (Tennie @ Jun 19 2007, 03:46 AM)
I didn't see anything official on the Merda site. It's a crappy site though, and I may be missing it.

I think there hasn't been an official announcement from them... channel4 would have reported on it too.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

bigmacmtl
post Jun 19 2007, 01:49 AM
Post #17

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,592

QUOTE (dst @ Jun 18 2007, 07:47 PM)
I think there hasn't been an official announcement from them... channel4 would have reported on it too.

ya generally they are pretty quick

+Quote Post

KillerMax
post Jun 19 2007, 02:20 AM
Post #18

Allievi Nazionali

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 1,388

No way... (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post

jbryant1
post Jun 19 2007, 04:12 AM
Post #19

Esordienti A 95

Member No.: 874

Pretty much everyone has said that he is going to Milan but not AC Milan-- Inter.

As people have said this would be official headline news all over the world that Milan have signed Suazo.

+Quote Post

sansiro1708
post Jun 19 2007, 04:45 AM
Post #20

Esordienti B 96

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,321

if is true then ITS GREAT!!!! the player we need young,cheap, fast, awsome.......but the best thing is that MORATTI is gonna be pissed

+Quote Post

Tennie
post Jun 19 2007, 07:20 AM
Post #21

Token Girl
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,800

Hot off the press....

[Shocking move on the transfer market. David Suazo isn't going to Inter, but Milan. The Honduran had already had his medical at Inter and was considered to be a nerazzuri, the president of Cagliari had given his approval, but late last night, the Sardinian club sold the striker to the Rossoneri for 14 million euros.]

Calciomercato. Suazo non va più all'Inter, ma al Milan
07.05: Clamoroso colpo di scena nel mercato interno. David Suazo non va più all'Inter ma al Milan. L'honduregno aveva già effettuato le visite mediche e si era accordato con i nerazzurri, il presidente del Cagliari, Cellino, aveva dato il suo assenso al'operazione, ma nella serata di ieri il club sardo ha ceduto l'attaccante ai rossoneri per 14 milioni di euro.

link

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Jun 19 2007, 07:25 AM
Post #22

Prima Squadra

Member No.: 3,660

And there was me on the other Suazo thread saying we wouldn't find anything out for another few hours. (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

I must say I'm disappointed. Goals is what we need, from him, goals we will not get. In my eyes, it's not he's chose us over Inter. You'll be reading this in time:

Moratti: "We decided not to opt for Suazo, and cancelled the transfer, as we thought Eto'o would be a much better signing."

It's basically: What Inter no longer want, we can have. I bet ya. (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

EDIT: If he's the transfer that will 'End the World'. I'm personally going to go over there and strangle Carlo and the board. (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

This post has been edited by kurtsimonw: Jun 19 2007, 07:27 AM

+Quote Post

Tennie
post Jun 19 2007, 07:44 AM
Post #23

Token Girl
Group Icon

If this really comes off, I can see Moratti taking that stance publicly. Or I can see him (and Mancini) whining about the meaniehead rossoneri who stole their transfer target.

I think we'll see a 'name' transfer - Suazo isn't it.

(Doesn't belong on this thread, but a couple of not terribly reliable places are reporting that Milan are in serious talks with Lyon's Tiago).

+Quote Post

KillerMax
post Jun 19 2007, 07:48 AM
Post #24

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 1,388

First of all, great news! This is a very very good and interesting buy for us. We haven't had a fast forward upfront for quite some years now and Suazo is as fast they get. He has Serie A experience and has an impressive goalscoring record with Cagliari who are a very very poor team.

Ronaldo, Inzaghi, Suazo, Gilardino

I'm not complaining.

But this only means one thing, Porty's wish is about to come true- as we already have an Eto'o like striker on the team- We are getting Ronaldinho.

And that would be absolutely incredible. We won't have to worry about our players not getting enough play time either as we have many games to play next season.

@Kurt, Suazo is a good goalscorer, and even if he couldn't score too many goals, TRUST ME when I tell you this: WE NEED HIS GODDAMN PACE! And don't forget we have Ronaldo too, who manged to score 7 goals in 12 appearances despite being a January signing, being well overweight and out of shape. He was never more than 80%. Just imagine what he is gonna\ wants to prove next season. (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Jun 19 2007, 07:55 AM
Post #25

Prima Squadra

QUOTE (Tennie @ Jun 19 2007, 06:44 AM)
I think we'll see a 'name' transfer - Suazo isn't it.

(Doesn't belong on this thread, but a couple of not terribly reliable places are reporting that Milan are in serious talks with Lyon's Tiago).

I really hope so, I think that's what we lacked a little this season. We need another 'match winner' in our team, somebody else that we can rely on so Kaka' doesn't have the pressure to perform every single game.

I hope there's some substance in the Tiago thing, I'd really like to see him here. I know he was only playing in the French league but he performed well in the CL, too. How Maniche, Costinha and Petit constantly get picked in front of him for the NT makes me wonder if Scolari's completely lost it. (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

This post has been edited by kurtsimonw: Jun 19 2007, 07:56 AM

+Quote Post

Tennie
post Jun 19 2007, 08:01 AM
Post #26

Token Girl
Group Icon

Maniche, Costinha, et al got picked ahead of Tiago because Tiago is more of an AM than a DM. The guy ahead of Tiago in the Portuguese NT is generally Deco.

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Jun 19 2007, 08:03 AM
Post #27

Prima Squadra

QUOTE (Tennie @ Jun 19 2007, 07:01 AM)
Maniche, Costinha, et al got picked ahead of Tiago because Tiago is more of an AM than a DM. The guy ahead of Tiago in the Portuguese NT is generally Deco.

Maybe that's where I've gone wrong, I've always considered him a DM.

Even so.. Dec-who? (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

+Quote Post

Guest_fresh_prince7_*
post Jun 19 2007, 08:03 AM
Post #28

Guests

BREAKING NEWS: Suazo Signs For Milan Not Inter - Report

This morning both the ‘Gazzetta dello Sport’ and ‘Corriere dello Sport’ are reporting that the Hondurian striker has signed for the Rossoneri.

The player had already passed the Nerazzurri's medical exams and had reached an agreement with Massimo Moratti's club last week, but according to two of Italy's most important newspapers, the 'Gazzetta dello Sport' and 'Corriere dello Sport', Milan made a successful last minute 14 million Euro bid to sign the Hondurian striker.

This news was first announced by 'Milan Channel' just before 1am (CET) early this morning. If confirmed, this will go down as one of the biggest surprises in this transfer market so far this summer, Considering that Suazo was virtually an Inter player up till a few hours ago and there was never a link between Milan and the Cagliari attacker in the past weeks.

Inter will not take lightly this ‘offensive’ transfer move as Roberto Mancini had seen the player as the ideal replacement for Adriano and the Nerazzurri had been tracking him down for the past 6 months.

Expect a new war of words to start between the two rival clubs in the next few hours.

(goal.com)

+Quote Post

Guest_fresh_prince7_*
post Jun 19 2007, 08:09 AM
Post #29

Guests

David Suazo (wikipedia.org)

Óscar David Suazo Velázquez (born November 5, 1979 in San Pedro Sula) is a Honduran footballer, who currently plays striker for Cagliari Calcio of Serie A. Suazo is one of the best players currently playing for the Honduras national football team, and he was a member of the Honduran squad that competed at the 2000 Summer Olympics in Sydney.

Suazo joined Cagliari and Serie A for the 1999-2000 season from Olimpia of his native Honduras. In his first season with the team, he scored 1 goal in 13 appearances. At the end of the 2000-2001 season, Cagliari were relegated to Serie B, where they would remain until the 2004-05 season. In their four years in Serie B, Suazo played 112 matches and scored 100 goals for the club. In his comeback season in Serie A, in 2004-2005, Suazo scored 7 goals in 22 matches in a 4-3-3 schema in which he performed as a reserve behind Gianfranco Zola, Mauro Esposito and Antonio Langella. In the 2005-006 season he returned to play as a regular, and broke the single season scoring record for Cagliari with 22 goals, passing Luigi Riva's 21, set in 1970.

On June 13, 2007 Suazo reportedly agreed on terms with Serie A Champions Internazionale for a deal worth 10 million Euros with 19-year-old striker Robert Acquafresca going the other way. The bid is however yet to be officially confirmed.

The only thing I know about suazo is he's lightening quick.. anyone else care to share more knowledge on the possibly new rossonero..

He's not that young, but I guess he's at least established and use to the serie a conditions. Its certainly a surprise if he have hijacked inter's transfer, even if it doesn't work out it'll be worth it to see the expression on moratti and co's faces.

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Jun 19 2007, 08:12 AM
Post #30

Prima Squadra

AC Milan hope to step up negotiations today with Cagliari for striker David Suazo.

Cagliari president Massimo Cellino has resigned himself to selling the Honduras international this summer and has dispatched director general Oreste Cinquini to Milan today for talks.

Cinquini will meet with Milan transfers chief Ariedo Braida to discuss terms over a fee for Suazo. Cagliari are demanding at least E10 million and Milan could also offer co-ownership of striker Marco Borriello in part-exchange.

A loan of recent Milan signing Pasquale Foggia has also been mooted.

For his part, Suazo will be offered a E2 million-a-year contract over four years - a healthy hike on his current E600,000 Cagliari salary.

EDIT: This was written June 12th, I think. Link

Doesn't seem all too reliable to me, but that's the only site I've really seen linking us with him. Maybe less reliable sources are reliable after all.

This post has been edited by kurtsimonw: Jun 19 2007, 08:13 AM

+Quote Post

15 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 07:13 AM