Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Ancelotti explains Blues snub

morgoth
post Jun 8 2008, 04:40 PM
Post #1

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 3,827

Carlo Ancelotti has no interest in leaving Milan for Chelsea and stresses that there’s one side that could convince him to leave the Rossoneri.

Carletto was approached by the Stamford Bridge giants, as they search for a replacement for sacked manager Avram Grant.

But the 48-year-old turned down the possibility of a hugely lucrative move to London in order to stay with Milan.

And the respected tactician has revealed that only one team could lure him away from San Siro.

“Why didn’t I join Chelsea? I have always said that I would only desert Milan one day for Roma,” he said with a grin.

Ancelotti also stated his pride that Diavolo players were set to play a prominent role at Euro 2008.

“I am happy that Roberto Donadoni called up three of our Italian midfielders and I think that shows that our midfield is perfectly in order,” he claimed.

“But Daniele De Rossi has to play because he is someone you just can’t leave out. Sadly that means that one of my lads will have to miss out.”

The former Roma midfielder concluded by giving his analysis of Roma’s Alberto Aquilani.

“He could become a great player,” he said. “He isn’t one yet, but he has the qualities. We aren’t interested in signing him because we are doing fine in midfield.”

So basically if la Roma calls him right now he'd desert us in the next 5 minutes (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/blink.gif) (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/freak.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Jun 8 2008, 05:08 PM
Post #2

Smoking Bianco

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 191

Not really. I believe he will leave, at the end of his contract (if he doesn't renew it ..), on the other hand why would Roma get rid of Spaletti in teh first place ? (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

+Quote Post

morgoth
post Jun 8 2008, 05:25 PM
Post #3

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 3,827

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Jun 8 2008, 05:08 PM)
Not really. I believe he will leave, at the end of his contract (if he doesn't renew it ..), on the other hand why would Roma get rid of Spaletti in teh first place ? (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

I know it just sounds weird to me that someone tell me that he won't leave not because he likes me but because he didn't find the right job!

+Quote Post

dst
post Jun 8 2008, 05:30 PM
Post #4

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 911

Hmm... Spalletti to Chelsea, Ancelotti to Roma and... Milan?

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Jun 8 2008, 05:32 PM
Post #5

Smoking Bianco

Member No.: 191

QUOTE (morgoth @ Jun 8 2008, 07:25 PM)
I know it just sounds weird to me that someone tell me that he won't leave not because he likes me but because he didn't find the right job!

Nah, Carlo loves Milan and Milan loves Carlo ... It isn't that Carlo would desert Milan per say, seeing as somethings are lost in translation. It is more like he is as much part of Milan as he is Roma (I mean he is a Romanista at heart as much as he is a Milanista), so I don't have any grudges from this prespective!

With that said, I doubt he would just up and leave Milan, he and Milan have done beautiful things together, not even the money of Chelsea could break that up. So if one day he decides to go to Roma, I believe it would be when his contract ends, and not before.

+Quote Post

whoarethepatriot...
post Jun 8 2008, 05:46 PM
Post #6

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 782

I dont think Ancelotti will just abandon us if Roma call, especially given the current situation. I do think that he will leave when his contract expires, but he might decide to stay

+Quote Post

Bluesummers
post Jun 8 2008, 06:56 PM
Post #7

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 1,660

this coming season is his last. Lets see if he can get an extension.

+Quote Post

acid911
post Jun 9 2008, 06:35 AM
Post #8

Berretti

Member No.: 3,736

Yes, Carlo is about nearing his shelf life here at Milan. (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) We'll definitely need a change at the top during the next couple of seasons at most. But he could be here until his contract expires.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Jun 10 2008, 02:05 PM
Post #9

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Jun 8 2008, 06:56 PM)
this coming season is his last.  Lets see if he can get an extension.

Why so sure?

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Jun 11 2008, 08:02 AM
Post #10

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,865

^^^

Maybe coz of the brilliance of Donadoni. Though I think judgement is premature.

Italy are usually slow starters.

Well I'm not suprised Carletto likes Roma. He gave more of his life to Roma than Milan (7 vs 5). Donadoni is a legend..10 years with us. Marco Van Basten is good, but he's with Ajax and will probably stay there. Like with Holland, he wants to be given the space and time to build his team, and he knows he won't get it in Milan or any other top league club.

Rijkaard says he's taking a sabattical. But if Rijkaard is coming in, I want Ten Cate as well. (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

I don't think though that Rijkaard would shake too many things up, since he knows Tassotti and Billy...and most of the decision makers are the same since he left. So I think the board would prefer Rijkaard as well. Unless Baresi has really done a great job and is worthy of stepping up.

If I had to choose someone not from Milan's past... I'd take Prandelli. Then maybe Benitez(or maybe not...Spanish players in Milan cannot be good!).

+Quote Post

Bluesummers
post Jun 11 2008, 08:59 PM
Post #11

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 1,660

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jun 10 2008, 07:05 AM)
Why so sure?

i have a very good feeling.

+Quote Post

Warchant
post Jun 11 2008, 09:20 PM
Post #12

Giovanissimi Nazionali
Group Icon

Member No.: 703

i think a lot will depend on how Italy does in the Euro's. if they play the rest of the tournament the way they did against the dutch Donadoni is gone. Carlo, imo, would jump right to the top of the list.

i think it would be very hard for him to turn down a chance to coach his national team...especially with the World Cup qualifying just around the corner.

+Quote Post

whoarethepatriot...
post Jun 11 2008, 10:15 PM
Post #13

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 782

At least we know Chelsea wont be annoying us for Carletto now

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post Jun 17 2008, 05:42 PM
Post #14

Primavera

Member No.: 1,265

QUOTE (Warchant @ Jun 11 2008, 11:50 PM)
i think a lot will depend on how Italy does in the Euro's. if they play the rest of the tournament the way they did against the dutch Donadoni is gone. Carlo, imo, would jump right to the top of the list.

i think it would be very hard for him to turn down a chance to coach his national team...especially with the World Cup qualifying just around the corner.

+1

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 12:38 PM