han2503
post Feb 10 2012, 10:02 AM
Post #1

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

Early kick off on Sturday.

I just hope we snap out of it, but no Ibra or VB, plus all the other starters being injured. Sadly, I can't see us winning this. And at this point we should be watching our backs as Lazio are breathing down our necks.

With the available players, I'm thinking we'll have to go for something like this (based on what Allegri prefers)

Abate--Thiago--Mexes--Mesbah
Urby--Ambro--Nocerino
Seedorf
Robinho--Maxi/El Shaa

I think Robinho and El Shaa roam too much to start up front together. We'll need Maxi as a focus point for the attack
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

d'Arc.LP
post Feb 10 2012, 10:25 AM
Post #2

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 6,786

I don't think Abate will be able to play.

Expected line-up vs. Udinese (4-3-1-2): Abbiati; Bonera-Mexes-Silva-Antonini; Emanuelson-Ambrosini-Nocerino; Seedorf; El Shaarawy-Lopez.

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post Feb 10 2012, 10:30 AM
Post #3

Primavera

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 1,265

Eww.. what a hideous lineup.

Can't wait for us to lose this game to see everyone doing their routine bashing of Max because he couldn't win with that very amazing squad (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Feb 10 2012, 10:52 AM
Post #4

Prima Squadra

Member No.: 3,660

So injuries will likely force us to play Emaneulson, Ambro and Seedorf together along with no Pato or Ibra. Away at a team who has the best home record in European football.

Anything less than a 3-0 win is unacceptable.

This post has been edited by kurtsimonw: Feb 10 2012, 10:55 AM

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post Feb 10 2012, 10:54 AM
Post #5

Primavera

Member No.: 1,265

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

EDIT: if we somehow win though, it'll be just another fluke like "Roma" and certainly no counterpoint against the favorite argument among the Max haters.

This post has been edited by Zed.D: Feb 10 2012, 10:57 AM

+Quote Post

han2503
post Feb 10 2012, 11:23 AM
Post #6

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Zed.D @ Feb 10 2012, 10:30 AM) *
Eww.. what a hideous lineup.

Can't wait for us to lose this game to see everyone doing their routine bashing of Max because he couldn't win with that very amazing squad (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

There are better options than that line-up. But Allegri will no doubt choose to go with it. At this point Ambro cannot start, even as a last resort. He's just too much of a liability for us atm. He basically assisted Juve's winner FFS!

If Allegri wanted to show some balls, he'll go for something like this

Bonera--Mexes--Thiago--Mesbah
Urby--Nocerino--Seedorf
Robinho
El Shaa--Maxi

In reality that is the best possible 11 we can put out.

Seedorf is just not working out as an AM, he needs to be on that left side to perform well. I think Nocerino is more than capable of playing in the center. Obviously he wouldn't be doing the same job as VB as he's not a holding DM, but he'll certainly do better than calamity Ambro

At least with this line-up we'll know that we've tried. The important thing is to keep possession and not lose the ball in dangerous areas. And playing an Ambro, Nocerino, Urby midfield would do just that. Having Seedorf there would help with controling possession better

btw, since when is Abate injured?? At this point we won't have a team left for the CL game

btw, I love how you guys are already thinking up excuses for Allegri should we lose. And you say we Allegri haters are desperate (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Feb 10 2012, 11:39 AM
Post #7

Prima Squadra

I think it's pretty common to talk about about how we feel things will go in a pre-game match. To expect anything from this game would be a little off the mark I think.

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Feb 10 2012, 12:07 PM
Post #8

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,865

More pain on the way I think. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Feb 10 2012, 12:32 PM
Post #9

Prima Squadra

I think a 1-0 defeat. If Ambro and the back 5 put in a great game, we might pull out a 0-0, but I just don't see it. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

+Quote Post

d'Arc.LP
post Feb 10 2012, 03:40 PM
Post #10

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,786

Called up players for the game against Udinese: Amelia, Roma, Piscitelli (51), Abate, Antonini, Bonera, Mesbah, Mexes, Thiago Silva, Zambrotta, Ambrosini, Emanuelson, Nocerino, Seedorf, Cristante (34), Innocenti (35), El Shaarawy, Inzaghi, Maxi Lopez, Robinho.

+Quote Post

CHU-LIP
post Feb 10 2012, 05:24 PM
Post #11

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 7,230

QUOTE (d'Arc.LP @ Feb 10 2012, 04:40 PM) *
Called up players for the game against Udinese: Amelia, Roma, Piscitelli (51), Abate, Antonini, Bonera, Mesbah, Mexes, Thiago Silva, Zambrotta, Ambrosini, Emanuelson, Nocerino, Seedorf, Cristante (34), Innocenti (35), El Shaarawy, Inzaghi, Maxi Lopez, Robinho.

I don't want to see Seedorf play as AM again, he simply disappoints there. Yet we need his creativity (especially now without Ibrahimovic), and because of the lack of AM then, we should play three forwards including Robinho, and thus the midfielders need to be defensively strong, so Emanuelson must play too since he has a huge defensive contribution (more than Nocerino - who preforms better in a 4 man midfield (because then he can be the 3rd attacker, but with 3 forwards not) and against weaker sides). So I guess I want this midfield+attack to start:

El Shaarawy, Maxi López
Robinho
Seedorf, Ambrosini, Emanuelson

If only we signed someone like Honda last month. Instead of Seedorf at AM these days, Honda can play there. Or instead of what I just posted Honda at AM and Nocerino at LCM. Why didn't we sign a much needed creative CM/AM?

+Quote Post

han2503
post Feb 10 2012, 06:11 PM
Post #12

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

You simply cannot drop a player like Nocerino for either Urby or Ambro, one of them would have to be dropped for him.

I'd personally vote for Ambro, If you want defensive stability than Ambro simply should not play as he's a major liability for us.

+Quote Post

CHU-LIP
post Feb 10 2012, 06:14 PM
Post #13

Giovanissimi Nazionali

QUOTE (han2503 @ Feb 10 2012, 07:11 PM) *
You simply cannot drop a player like Nocerino for either Urby or Ambro, one of them would have to be dropped for him.

I'd personally vote for Ambro, If you want defensive stability than Ambro simply should not play as he's a major liability for us.

I don't understand the Nocerino Ambro part. Ambrosini will play as anchor since Van Bommel cannot. That has nothing to do with Nocerino who plays at a whole different position. And I explained why I prefer Emanuelson over Nocerino for this match / for my line-up based on other decisions and missings.

Ambrosini and Emanuelson are our best midfielders available for this match defensive wise.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Feb 10 2012, 08:46 PM
Post #14

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ Feb 10 2012, 06:14 PM) *
I don't understand the Nocerino Ambro part. Ambrosini will play as anchor since Van Bommel cannot. That has nothing to do with Nocerino who plays at a whole different position. And I explained why I prefer Emanuelson over Nocerino for this match / for my line-up based on other decisions and missings.

Ambrosini and Emanuelson are our best midfielders available for this match defensive wise.

Than Nocerino can play in the center. As I said, he's not a classic holding mid, I agree with that, but he can still do what he does every week from a slightly more central position than his LCM position. This will free up that space for Seedorf, which you agreed to as well.

Ambro one of our best mids available?? Really?? He was our biggest enemy against Juve. Even Filippo finally admitted what a problem he was for us on Wednesday. I don't know if you saw the game, but if you did, you wouldn't want Ambro anywhere near that starting team sheet.

You can't say Urby and Ambro are our best mids available, not when you want to drop Nocerino for one of them.

+Quote Post

CHU-LIP
post Feb 10 2012, 08:55 PM
Post #15

Giovanissimi Nazionali

QUOTE (han2503 @ Feb 10 2012, 09:46 PM) *
Than Nocerino can play in the center. As I said, he's not a classic holding mid, I agree with that, but he can still do what he does every week from a slightly more central position than his LCM position. This will free up that space for Seedorf, which you agreed to as well.

Ambro one of our best mids available?? Really?? He was our biggest enemy against Juve. Even Filippo finally admitted what a problem he was for us on Wednesday. I don't know if you saw the game, but if you did, you wouldn't want Ambro anywhere near that starting team sheet.

You can't say Urby and Ambro are our best mids available, not when you want to drop Nocerino for one of them.

I said defensive wise, and they are. Ambrosini played good until later in the match when he got tired. He should have been subbed off, because a tired Ambrosini you don't wanna have on the pitch. I don't understand why Allegri didn't sub off Ambrosini, but Van Bommel instead while the latter is suspended tomorrow and Ambrosini will start.

I prefer all of Ambrosini, Seedorf and Emanuelson to play as our anchor over Nocerino, I trust them all over him on the ball and when trying to make a sliding or tackle. Ambrosini played a full match last Wednesday, and tomorrow is our next. So maybe we can play Nocerino LCM, Seedorf anchor and Emanuelson RCM. So then Nocerino can still do his runs, unlike as anchor. Stats show not only his nice amount of goals, but also him making very few tackles.

+Quote Post

14 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 01:24 AM