> Serie A - Week 19 - AC Milan - Udinese Calcio, Date: 9/1/11 Time: 15:00 CET

Fillipo Simone
post Jan 7 2011, 01:27 PM
Post #1

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,564

Here we go, let's see how this one turns up. I hope we make a much better start then we did against Cagliari.

Pirlo, Zambrotta and Flamini are out, not sure about Boateng and Rino, Ambrosini is suspended. So we'll be missing a lot of important players for this one, too many IMO. The line-up will most probably change till matchday, and Allegri could decide just moments before the clash.

How I think we'll line up

Abate--Nesta--Thiago--Antonini
Seedorf---Strasser--Merkel
Robinho
Ibra--Pato

Not sure about many things, especially Seedorf, Merkel and Pato. We'll see, hope someone comes back.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jan 7 2011, 03:21 PM
Post #2

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jan 7 2011, 01:27 PM) *
Here we go, let's see how this one turns up. I hope we make a much better start then we did against Cagliari.

Pirlo, Zambrotta and Flamini are out, not sure about Boateng and Rino, Ambrosini is suspended. So we'll be missing a lot of important players for this one, too many IMO. The line-up will most probably change till matchday, and Allegri could decide just moments before the clash.

How I think we'll line up

Abate--Nesta--Thiago--Antonini
Seedorf---Strasser--Merkel
Robinho
Ibra--Pato

Not sure about many things, especially Seedorf, Merkel and Pato. We'll see, hope someone comes back.

Hopefully Rino will be available, Merkel is just not ready for this one, and that midfield isn't that secure, especially with Seedorf giving is away most of the time.

Also Hoping for Cassano instead of Robinho, first of all he's got much better vision and passing then Robinho does and has a lot more experiance playing as a trequartista, plus Robinho was just awful against Cagliari, aside from going missing for more then half the match, when he did touch the ball he looked like a sunday league player at best. I think he needs to sit a couple out, he's getting too comfortable.

Pato still looks rusty but he still did a lot better then Robinho while also getting into great scoring positions

+Quote Post

acid911
post Jan 7 2011, 03:38 PM
Post #3

Berretti

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,736

Agree with Han on his post above. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) Let's try Pato, Ibra and Cassano, and see what kind of fireworks we get!

+Quote Post

William405
post Jan 7 2011, 03:54 PM
Post #4

Allievi Regionali B

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 7,239

Um,I'm not sure Cassano can play a full match yet.
Ibra-Pato-Cassano trio will be amazing to see though.

+Quote Post

CHU-LIP
post Jan 7 2011, 05:56 PM
Post #5

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 7,230

About Fillipo's line-up... def. missing a DM there, Seedorf, Merkel and three forwards? No please. Gattuso should start, just like Strasser (Ambro's spot, agreed). And you know what, han, I worry more about Seedorf than Merkel. I would like to see Merkel start.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jan 7 2011, 07:02 PM
Post #6

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ Jan 7 2011, 05:56 PM) *
About Fillipo's line-up... def. missing a DM there, Seedorf, Merkel and three forwards? No please. Gattuso should start, just like Strasser (Ambro's spot, agreed). And you know what, han, I worry more about Seedorf than Merkel. I would like to see Merkel start.

I worry about Seedorf as well but Merkel showed us how green he still is against Cagliari, he went missing for most of the match, we can't ave that happen when he's in midfield.

+Quote Post

William405
post Jan 7 2011, 07:20 PM
Post #7

Allievi Regionali B

Dude,you're talking like Seedorf won't do that,and WORSE.

I'd rather see a raw youth product then see Seedorf playing at this point.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jan 7 2011, 07:52 PM
Post #8

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (William405 @ Jan 7 2011, 07:20 PM) *
Dude,you're talking like Seedorf won't do that,and WORSE.

I'd rather see a raw youth product then see Seedorf playing at this point.

Still don't understand what any of you see in Merkel, he's just not that good, Seedorf would still be in over him for me, at least until the other mids return

+Quote Post

William405
post Jan 7 2011, 08:04 PM
Post #9

Allievi Regionali B

Um,I don't rate him very high.But,Seedorf has been really horrible.He'll probably still be tired from the previous game.

+Quote Post

CHU-LIP
post Jan 7 2011, 08:04 PM
Post #10

Giovanissimi Nazionali

QUOTE (han2503 @ Jan 7 2011, 08:52 PM) *
Still don't understand what any of you see in Merkel, he's just not that good, Seedorf would still be in over him for me, at least until the other mids return

Of course, because he's experienced, and not a rising youth player. You rather see old players make mistakes, than youth players who will learn and get better from it. Even if Seedorf makes more mistakes, at least he's experienced. I mean, wtf? I thought experienced meant making little flaws. That's not really accurate anymore when it comes to Seedorf. And each time we talk about Strasser, Merkel, or whoever, against Seedorf, or whoever, you always can make lists of reasons not to play the younger one, but don't mention the reasons why not play the old one. Like you fail to see how really really really bad they can be.

I'm pretty sure both will start the game though.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Jan 7 2011, 08:44 PM
Post #11

Primavera
Group Icon

QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ Jan 7 2011, 05:56 PM) *

As said before, I would also start Rino but I'm not sure he's fit. I mean, what's the point in starting him and then make him leave the game after 30 minutes playing time?

Same for Cassano - IMO he's miles ahead of Robinho, but I'm not sure he can do all 90.

As for Merkel; he just isn't up to it. I'm somehow still positive Seedorf will manage to make a good match against Udine, but I'm worried about Merkel. We shouldn't rush him so suddenly into something.

Gee, I really hope we make another signing. Let it be Lazzari, or Kranjcar (heard the rumor from some croatian sources), but please sign an addition!

+Quote Post

CHU-LIP
post Jan 7 2011, 08:55 PM
Post #12

Giovanissimi Nazionali

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jan 7 2011, 09:44 PM) *
As for Merkel; he just isn't up to it.

I didn't know that's a fact.

You know guys, never mind. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) Youth players are crap, I got it.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jan 7 2011, 09:44 PM
Post #13

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ Jan 7 2011, 08:04 PM) *
Of course, because he's experienced, and not a rising youth player. You rather see old players make mistakes, than youth players who will learn and get better from it. Even if Seedorf makes more mistakes, at least he's experienced. I mean, wtf? I thought experienced meant making little flaws. That's not really accurate anymore when it comes to Seedorf. And each time we talk about Strasser, Merkel, or whoever, against Seedorf, or whoever, you always can make lists of reasons not to play the younger one, but don't mention the reasons why not play the old one. Like you fail to see how really really really bad they can be.

I'm pretty sure both will start the game though.

Lol (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

I was always one that was harping on about the Primavera's but it looks to me like some are so desperate to have any of the youths playing that they cannot see the flaws.

Merkel against Cagliari was pretty blah if you ask me aside from a pass and cross. He went missing all game long and didn't make himself available to his team mates. He's just not ready.

Seedorf's major problem was because he was being played very deep on the pitch and he usually struggles there, I'm not defending him but a simple positional change will improve his play a lot.

I've always said that Strasser is our most promising kid, he's proving me right. I didn't want to see him thrown into the lion's den against Roma and concidering how we played I think my point stands. I wanted him to come on against Cagliari where the setting was appropriate and he shined, not only that but scored a match winning goal.

Merkel, I've been saying this since the Emerites Cup, he's just not that good and never really saw what some see in him. He lost the ball more then he made good passes, why would you want to play him in a deeper role against Udine, who are arguably better then Cagliari and faster might I add. If you ask me Verdi is better and should be getting more chances then Merkel.

And he's certainly not good enough to take a horrible Seedorf's place at this point in time.

I want strasser to start, how is that being against youth and always wanting the oldies on? I've wanted Flamini to be playing over the old DMs for years now as well.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Jan 7 2011, 09:58 PM
Post #14

Primavera
Group Icon

QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ Jan 7 2011, 08:55 PM) *
I didn't know that's a fact.

You know guys, never mind. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) Youth players are crap, I got it.

WOW!

I mean, what's your problem? First of all, I mind manipulating with words, and even more with mine.
I never said it is a fact, but I've seen him play against Ajax, then at the frendlies, then against Cagliari - and every occasion showed me the guy has something in him, his set-pieces are sharp, but he's not ready yet. Most of the playing time he ends up hiding and making himself unavaible for the team (maybe because of a low self confidence issue) and he's green. If you think my opinion translates into facts, well thank you, I never got such a great compliment.

And secondly, pars pro toto is a thing kids learn. If I say Merkel is not up to it, I do not say Strasser or some other youngster also isn't. Again, unneccesary manipulation.

+Quote Post

CHU-LIP
post Jan 7 2011, 10:01 PM
Post #15

Giovanissimi Nazionali

(to han)

1. Flamini is not exactly a youth player. He's been that how many years ago?
2. Of course you want Strasser to play, NOW you do, since he's been playing very well and scored the winner.
3. Shame you prefer a horrible Seedorf over a hot prospect. Won't help both Merkel and Milan in the long run. Nice to see a lack of faith in youth and holding them back so a 34 year old horrible Seedorf can play. Nice you come up with excuses that Seedorfs played deeper. Sad thing is, one of Merkel or Seedorf needs to play deeper with that lack of midfielders.

This post has been edited by CHU-LIP: Jan 7 2011, 10:08 PM

+Quote Post

15 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 01:27 PM