Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Milan to steal Ivanovic?

KillerMax
post Aug 8 2008, 01:39 AM
Post #1

Allievi Nazionali

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 1,388

Reports in the peninsula suggest that Milan are ready to fight Juventus for the signature of Chelsea defender Branislav Ivanovic.

The Old Lady have already approached Chelsea with an offer for Serbian star Ivanovic – a player they tried to lure before his move to Stamford Bridge in January.

However, Milan are currently looking for a defender to act as cover for Alessandro Nesta in an ageing and injury-prone back line.

Ivanovic is yet to make an appearance for the Blues and has reportedly been told by new boss Luiz Felipe Scolari that he doesn’t feature in first-team plans.

According to Sportmediaset, Milan are ready to move in with a bid of around £1.8m to take Ivanovic for the season with an option to make the deal permanent next summer.

If Juventus are committed to signing Ivanovic, a bidding war could develop because the Turin outfit are more than capable of beating the Rossoneri’s offer.

Football Italia
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Aug 8 2008, 01:47 AM
Post #2

Prima Squadra

Member No.: 3,660

One thing worries me: Unless Ivanovic says, like R10, "I want Milan and nobody else" I don't see us getting him. We just aren't willing to spend the money to compete. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

+Quote Post

Tennie
post Aug 8 2008, 01:52 AM
Post #3

Token Girl
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 2,800

That article's got an interesting take on things. Today's article on tuttomercatoweb (they reported that Milan were looking at Ivanovic a couple of weeks ago too) says that Milan's offer is bigger than Juve's.

+Quote Post

Giancarlo
post Aug 8 2008, 01:54 AM
Post #4

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 4,011

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Aug 8 2008, 12:47 AM) *
One thing worries me: Unless Ivanovic says, like R10, "I want Milan and nobody else" I don't see us getting him. We just aren't willing to spend the money to compete. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

It depends on how badly management wants him. If they do, they'll get him.

And Juventus has lost out on numerous bids this transfer-season and their transfers have been very average.

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Aug 8 2008, 01:58 AM
Post #5

Prima Squadra

QUOTE (Giancarlo @ Aug 8 2008, 01:54 AM) *
It depends on how badly management wants him. If they do, they'll get him.

And Juventus has lost out on numerous bids this transfer-season and their transfers have been very average.

Unfortunately our management never seem desperate, R10 seems to be about the only person they've really good out of their way to get. Even that took years.

They've been okay, I think they over paid for Amauri, but Olly and Poulsen own. Me loves them both.

+Quote Post

Giancarlo
post Aug 8 2008, 02:01 AM
Post #6

Giovanissimi Regionali B

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Aug 8 2008, 12:58 AM) *
Unfortunately our management never seem desperate, R10 seems to be about the only person they've really good out of their way to get. Even that took years.

They've been okay, I think they over paid for Amauri, but Olly and Poulsen own. Me loves them both.

Perhaps you have a point, but did they seem utterly desperate to get two young Uruguayans? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) I think we'll get a defender. Maybe Ivanovic. Maybe Alex Silva. Who knows it could be a surprise.

There is pressure on management to do something.

I understand you're a Villa fan... I don't mean any disrespect to Mellberg, but he's not a top quality player. Poulsen... is rubbish though and these feelings go back several years. He is simply no good.

This post has been edited by Giancarlo: Aug 8 2008, 02:03 AM

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Aug 8 2008, 02:08 AM
Post #7

Prima Squadra

QUOTE (Giancarlo @ Aug 8 2008, 02:01 AM) *
Perhaps you have a point, but did they seem utterly desperate to get two young Uruguayans? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) I think we'll get a defender. Maybe Ivanovic. Maybe Alex Silva. Who knows it could be a surprise.

There is pressure on management to do something.

I understand you're a Villa fan... I don't mean any disrespect to Mellberg, but he's not a top quality player. Poulsen... is rubbish though and these feelings go back several years. He is simply no good.

I think I'm relying more of hope of us getting a new CB, rather than having faith that we'll get it done. To be honest, even if we don't it's not the end of the World. The less CBs we have, the more time Bonera will get, and I like this guy, just unfortunate he's had to play at RB alot.

Poulsen? I really rate him, I've always liked him.. though I can understand why Milan, Milanfans and mainly Gattuso may share different feelings. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif) I can't say for Mellberg, I don't know how he'll fare in a team with good defenders around him where he doesn't have to be the leader, we'll have to see.

+Quote Post

Giancarlo
post Aug 8 2008, 02:14 AM
Post #8

Giovanissimi Regionali B

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Aug 8 2008, 01:08 AM) *
I think I'm relying more of hope of us getting a new CB, rather than having faith that we'll get it done. To be honest, even if we don't it's not the end of the World. The less CBs we have, the more time Bonera will get, and I like this guy, just unfortunate he's had to play at RB alot.

Poulsen? I really rate him, I've always liked him.. though I can understand why Milan, Milanfans and mainly Gattuso may share different feelings. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif) I can't say for Mellberg, I don't know how he'll fare in a team with good defenders around him where he doesn't have to be the leader, we'll have to see.

You'd want Bonera in center back? That seems to work... but we still need to get another defender because Nesta's absence could hurt us. I think it is imperative for our team to have depth in the back. Our midfield, hands down, is one of the best in Italy (that's my belief)... I did hear Ronaldinho was lacking a bit of pace against Belgium, but he did some nice tricks... he should regain pace once he gets back into it. He hasn't played a competitive match like that in a while... he should do better the next few games...

Anyways...

Poulsen in my eyes, skills wise, was never a good player. And maybe I'm blinded by the way Rino may feel towards him...

This post has been edited by Giancarlo: Aug 8 2008, 02:17 AM

+Quote Post

Tennie
post Aug 8 2008, 02:17 AM
Post #9

Token Girl
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 2,800

^^ For what it's worth, Kurt, the Italian Zebra fans of my acquaintance seem to think Mellberg will be challenging Legrottaglie for a starting spot. I'll also add that the girls like what they're referring to as the 'Viking look'. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/96.gif)

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Aug 8 2008, 02:26 AM
Post #10

Prima Squadra

QUOTE (Tennie @ Aug 8 2008, 02:17 AM) *
^^ For what it's worth, Kurt, the Italian Zebra fans of my acquaintance seem to think Mellberg will be challenging Legrottaglie for a starting spot. I'll also add that the girls like what they're referring to as the 'Viking look'. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/96.gif)

That's good to hear. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

He will add that much needed facial hair that the Juve team was lacking last season.

+Quote Post

jbryant1
post Aug 8 2008, 04:19 AM
Post #11

Esordienti A 95

Member No.: 874

The joke of this is that Juventus will still go in the transfer market and open their wallet.

Milan with the oldest and probably weakest defense will probably not even do anything. We are good as is and we will not be signing anyone.

Again theres this assumption that just because we have Ronaldinho and Flamini we are somehow guaranteed to win it all. With Inter they stronger than last season and Juventus, Roma, and Fiorentina are all stronger. So I am excited to see the new line-up but I don't much to really how a couple players can turn this team around.

+Quote Post

Giancarlo
post Aug 8 2008, 04:27 AM
Post #12

Giovanissimi Regionali B

QUOTE (jbryant1 @ Aug 8 2008, 03:19 AM) *
The joke of this is that Juventus will still go in the transfer market and open their wallet.

Milan with the oldest and probably weakest defense will probably not even do anything. We are good as is and we will not be signing anyone.

Again theres this assumption that just because we have Ronaldinho and Flamini we are somehow guaranteed to win it all. With Inter they stronger than last season and Juventus, Roma, and Fiorentina are all stronger. So I am excited to see the new line-up but I don't much to really how a couple players can turn this team around.

How is our defense any weaker than their defense? If anything, their defense is A JOKE. They won't sign anyone. Secco is too retarded to do that. We all know that. We bought a whole lot more than just Ronaldinho and Flamini. We bought more than Inter, Juventus, Roma and Fiorentina.

I wonder though... these players can give us glory. It's ridiculous to say otherwise. And our defense age wise, is similar to Juventus and Inter. Other than Maldini...

Who are you to say we won't do anything? We already signed Zambrotta... Inter has a bigger defensive crisis than we do.

We've had one of the most active transfer seasons in the Serie A, hands down. We signed player,s while Roma, Juventus and Inter failed. Inter failed to sign Lampard and Quaresma (at this point). Roma looks like it is failing to sign Baptista and every other forward they wanted including Mutu. Roma has lost players. Inter has only signed Muntari and Mancini. Juventus only mentionable signing is Amauri (and I heard he got injured). Juventus has a defense, besides Chiellini, similar to that of a Serie B team. If their attack lets up, and for a while last season it did, they could be in serious trouble. They have some players in their midfielder older than most of our defenders.

This post has been edited by Giancarlo: Aug 8 2008, 04:32 AM

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Aug 8 2008, 05:07 AM
Post #13

Prima Squadra

We've had a decent summer for transfers, but in terms of why the players have been bought in, ours isn't necessarily that good. Inter have bought in Mancini for the first team, and he's been great for a few years now, and Muntari will be a very good squad player. Mellberg and Poulsen will be very good squad players for Juve, Amouri will be a decent guy to roatate with the other strikers. Flamini is Milans best buy, as he's going to be good as a starter. But R10 and Zambrotta? We've bought these guys in as first team players, there's no doubt about that.. but what exactly has either of them done since summer '06? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif) Even considering the careers they've had so far, they both have alot to prove this season, their reputation is going down badly.

+Quote Post

Giancarlo
post Aug 8 2008, 05:13 AM
Post #14

Giovanissimi Regionali B

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Aug 8 2008, 05:07 AM) *
We've had a decent summer for transfers, but in terms of why the players have been bought in, ours isn't necessarily that good. Inter have bought in Mancini for the first team, and he's been great for a few years now, and Muntari will be a very good squad player. Mellberg and Poulsen will be very good squad players for Juve, Amouri will be a decent guy to roatate with the other strikers. Flamini is Milans best buy, as he's going to be good as a starter. But R10 and Zambrotta? We've bought these guys in as first team players, there's no doubt about that.. but what exactly has either of them done since summer '06? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif) Even considering the careers they've had so far, they both have alot to prove this season, their reputation is going down badly.

I look it at differently. We've had a far better transfer season than Inter. Muntari is too lazy in my eyes and not technically skilled enough. Mellberg and Poulsen are simply squad players. Juve really lacks class defenders... the only great one is Chiellini. What I'd do to see Chiellini play at Milan... we've got a few great players from Juve in the past... one we happen to know very well (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

Flamini is great, Ronaldinho is on the up-swing... Zambrotta was in a slump at Barcelona and I'm sure he can regain what he once had. His reputation is NOT going down badly. In fact Zambrotta had a notable Euro Cup... he did make a mistake against Romania, but overall he put in solid performances. Ronaldinho was pretty good on the field against Belgium. But to say their reputations are going down... no. I can't agree with that.

Our transfer season included: Antonini, Abbiati (back on loan, and is one of my favorite keepers), Zambrotta (solid player), Flamini (great free transfer), Ronaldinho (he is world class and is no where past his peak), Viudez, Cardaccio.. and I don't even think we're done yet.

But to say our transfer season isn't better...

I don't get how Mancini is better than Ronaldinho. That's not possible. Mancini is not even capped by the Brazilian national team anymore... and if I had a choice of the two, I'd definitely pick Ronaldinho.

One other thing about Ronaldinho. He has never had any major injuries in his career. He has a thin build. And he appears to be very happy with Milan. How is this not a great first class transfer?

This post has been edited by Giancarlo: Aug 8 2008, 05:17 AM

+Quote Post

GrinReaper
post Aug 8 2008, 05:28 AM
Post #15

Esordienti B 96

Member No.: 3,999

QUOTE (Giancarlo @ Aug 8 2008, 09:43 AM) *
I don't get how Mancini is better than Ronaldinho. That's not possible. Mancini is not even capped by the Brazilian national team anymore... and if I had a choice of the two, I'd definitely pick Ronaldinho.

I agree. Mancini does not even come close to polishing Ronnie's boots. Mancini is a player who struck me as being extremely moody and lazy who shows an occasional flash of brilliance and then goes to sulk in his own corner for the rest of the time. And he hardly puts any effort into the games. I think that as soon as Inter get their filthy hands on Quaresma, Mancini will not get any playing time with the first team.

And, initially, I had my doubts about Ronnie. But when I saw how emotional he got during his presentation and I saw him standing there like a little kid on his first visit to Disneyland trying to hold back tears, I knew that he is going to give it all to get back to that old form he had. He is happy at Milan and a happy Ronnie can only be a very good news. And with all the news about Ronnie and Pato developing a strong understanding on the Brazil training ground, I just can't wait to see the impact they have on SerieA.

We've had a very good transfer season. The best for quite a few years now. I am excited. If only we can get our hands on a good defender, it'll be the best ever (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post

9 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 08:44 PM