> Everything Milan..., For everything random yet Milan related

X-Offender
post Apr 17 2015, 11:15 PM
Post #1306

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,008

QUOTE (han2503 @ Apr 17 2015, 07:59 PM) *
Well I was using that to express my newly found suffering (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

But if you want to apply it to your own situation than by all means (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

@ x-off, how can you not believe those stories man? The arrogance we went into that game with was astonishing, from all involved not just the club. Rino giving the "hold you later" slaps to the trophy as they came out before the game started was also a very clear indication of this

I wholeheartedly believe that they did celebrate during that HT interval

Arrogance? What arrogance? Everyone completely discredited us after that loss in Eindhoven, almost treating us like underdogs. If anything, we played a very humble first half, showing extreme dedication and application on the pitch.

It was only that phrase from Traoré saying he overheard us celebrating at half-time which stirred up the controversy. I remember when Gattuso was told of this some time later, he became furious, saying everyone at half-time in the locker room was very tense and concentrated, and that the celebration rumors were absolute horseshit. And Rino is someone I would trust any time. He's not a liar. And we were not a group of people that would stand so low.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

han2503
post Apr 18 2015, 08:26 AM
Post #1307

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Apr 17 2015, 11:15 PM) *
Arrogance? What arrogance? Everyone completely discredited us after that loss in Eindhoven, almost treating us like underdogs. If anything, we played a very humble first half, showing extreme dedication and application on the pitch.

It was only that phrase from Traoré saying he overheard us celebrating at half-time which stirred up the controversy. I remember when Gattuso was told of this some time later, he became furious, saying everyone at half-time in the locker room was very tense and concentrated, and that the celebration rumors were absolute horseshit. And Rino is someone I would trust any time. He's not a liar. And we were not a group of people that would stand so low.

I don't remember once ever reading an article at that time depicting us as the underdogs.

The game vs PSV was ridiculous, but everyone could see how much more quality we had in our team than Liverpool.

I remember one particular article where they first compared the 2 cities the clubs hail from, the not so stellar reputation of Liverpool vs the opulence of Milan, and then going on to use that as a metaphor for comparing the rugged players of Liverpool vs the class we had throughout the team at that time. Let's not forget, it wasn't just about Kaka, Sheva, Pirlo and Seedorf. Maldini, Nesta, Stam and Cafu made up that defence. A defence which had not been breached for I don't know how many games before the PSV away game.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Apr 18 2015, 08:32 AM
Post #1308

QUOTE (han2503 @ Apr 18 2015, 08:26 AM) *
I don't remember once ever reading an article at that time depicting us as the underdogs.

The game vs PSV was ridiculous, but everyone could see how much more quality we had in our team than Liverpool.

I remember one particular article where they first compared the 2 cities the clubs hail from, the not so stellar reputation of Liverpool vs the opulence of Milan, and then going on to use that as a metaphor for comparing the rugged players of Liverpool vs the class we had throughout the team at that time. Let's not forget, it wasn't just about Kaka, Sheva, Pirlo and Seedorf. Maldini, Nesta, Stam and Cafu made up that defence. A defence which had not been breached for I don't know how many games before the PSV away game.

Well, I do, from English tabloids. About how this Milan wasn't as fearsome as some thought it was. They didn't exactly treat us like underdogs, but they put us down.

But regardless, the arrogance Danny talks about, I didn't see it at all. So, Gattuso made a gesture to the trophy and suddenly we're all twats? Nah... Those players had class, they knew how to respect their opponent, and if anything the La Coruña game had taught them a lesson about not taking things lightly again.

But when everything happens so fast, in only six minutes, you tend to black out, and all sorts of crap can happen.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Apr 19 2015, 11:19 AM
Post #1309

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,730

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Apr 17 2015, 10:15 PM) *

With all due respect, the Traore comment was after the match. What need was there for HIM to lie and cause mind games when they'd already won the trophy?

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Apr 19 2015, 03:33 PM
Post #1310

QUOTE (Danny @ Apr 19 2015, 11:19 AM) *
With all due respect, the Traore comment was after the match. What need was there for HIM to lie and cause mind games when they'd already won the trophy?

I don't know and I don't care. Maybe he's a tw@t. You'd believe Traoré over Gattuso, or any of our other players, who also denied such thing?

+Quote Post

Danny
post Apr 20 2015, 12:55 AM
Post #1311

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Apr 19 2015, 02:33 PM) *
I don't know and I don't care. Maybe he's a tw@t. You'd believe Traoré over Gattuso, or any of our other players, who also denied such thing?

If you don't care, there's nowhere for this debate to go.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Apr 20 2015, 02:50 AM
Post #1312

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Apr 18 2015, 10:32 AM) *
Well, I do, from English tabloids. About how this Milan wasn't as fearsome as some thought it was. They didn't exactly treat us like underdogs, but they put us down.

But regardless, the arrogance Danny talks about, I didn't see it at all. So, Gattuso made a gesture to the trophy and suddenly we're all twats? Nah... Those players had class, they knew how to respect their opponent, and if anything the La Coruña game had taught them a lesson about not taking things lightly again.

But when everything happens so fast, in only six minutes, you tend to black out, and all sorts of crap can happen.

Agreed. Good post.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Apr 27 2015, 04:11 PM
Post #1313

https://www.facebook.com/ACMilan/videos/vb....e=2&theater

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post May 10 2015, 11:00 AM
Post #1314

Primavera
Group Icon

Anyone see the new kits they're marketing already for the next season? Well this got me upset. I thought the English cross is a one season joke, but for Christ sake, here it comes again.

+Quote Post

han2503
post May 10 2015, 11:43 AM
Post #1315

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ May 10 2015, 11:00 AM) *
Anyone see the new kits they're marketing already for the next season? Well this got me upset. I thought the English cross is a one season joke, but for Christ sake, here it comes again.

Were those the ones we were playing with last night? They looked different... Or have I not been paying attention so much so that I don't remember what our current kit looks like?

Because last night's seemed different

And yeah, totally agree about the cross

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post May 10 2015, 12:44 PM
Post #1316

Primavera
Group Icon

Yep, I think those were the new ones.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post May 11 2015, 07:38 PM
Post #1317

Doye: 'Confident of Mr. Bee Deal'

Link

+Quote Post

Danny
post May 12 2015, 07:35 AM
Post #1318

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ May 10 2015, 10:00 AM) *

Wow, really? Why are so many Rossoneri confusing the St Ambrose flag, the flag of the patron saint of Milan, with the English St George's Cross?

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post May 12 2015, 09:02 AM
Post #1319

Primavera
Group Icon

QUOTE (Danny @ May 12 2015, 09:35 AM) *
Wow, really? Why are so many Rossoneri confusing the St Ambrose flag, the flag of the patron saint of Milan, with the English St George's Cross?

I'm fully aware it's the St. Amborse flag. Yet in common language it is called the English cross. Also, one could argue that the St Ambrose flag derived from the St George's Cross. But anyhow.

We have the cross integrated into our own crest, so there's absolutely no need to play 2 seasons in a row like this. And yes, before you say it, I'm also aware that we used to, back in the begginings, play with the same cross on our shirt. But we have a crest now for decades and I think we should stick to it.

+Quote Post

Danny
post May 12 2015, 10:52 AM
Post #1320

Allievi Nazionali

Oh I'm with you on this, I can't stand it on the shirt. It really appalls me. I love the proper crest, this is just an idiotic gimmick.

+Quote Post

93 Pages V  « < 86 87 88 89 90 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 03:03 PM