> Should Gattuso be sold?

Bluesummers
post Nov 28 2009, 12:26 PM
Post #1

Allievi Nazionali

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 1,660

What do you guys think?

Should we sell Gattuso? Should we try to work with him and see if we can find a solution? If we can't find a common solution do you think Leo should change his ways to include gattuso?

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post Nov 28 2009, 12:48 PM
Post #2

Primavera

Member No.: 1,265

It's his choice. Leo is chosen as the coach and apparently he doesn't believe in 2 DMs. so, either Gattuso accepts this and fights for a place with Ambro and Flamini or he leaves. needless to say I hope he stays but not at the cost of going back to playing 2DMs system, if only that will make him stay. I don't think Leo should change the team's playing system [now that it's finally working] to keep individuals happy. I always believed/said while Rino and Ambro are both good players, they shouldn't be both playing at the same and I'm glad the coach seems to think the same thing.

I have to admit something, if it came to choosing between Rino and Ambro, I'd go for Ambro. he thrives in this new system. finally he plays the role he's made for, no more useless "Ambro ahead of Dinho as the left wing" thing Carlo invented.

This post has been edited by Zed.D: Nov 28 2009, 12:48 PM

+Quote Post

Tennie
post Nov 28 2009, 12:49 PM
Post #3

Token Girl
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 2,800

In terms of coach's choice - it's up to who plays best. Gattuso has been struggling with injury much of the season so it's a little hard to judge. I'm going to hold off on saying sell or not until he's fully fit and has had a chance to play. The only guy I'd start every single game no matter what is Nesta (and possibly Pato). Everyone else needs to show they deserve to start.

In terms of the way the club (apart from Leonardo's lineup choices) has been treating Gattuso (and how they treat Pippo and how they treated Maldini)...a major fins down from Fishdoll. THIS is what bothers me and what I really, really dislike.

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Nov 28 2009, 04:38 PM
Post #4

Prima Squadra

Member No.: 3,660

I'd say sell him if it's true that he's unhappy with his lack of playing time. He's been suspended or injured for most the season so can't exactly have expected to play. If this is his attitude and he feels like he s hould be guaranteed a first team spot. Goodbye.

This post has been edited by kurtsimonw: Nov 28 2009, 05:04 PM

+Quote Post

dst
post Nov 28 2009, 05:00 PM
Post #5

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 911

Yeah... goobye Gattuso, goobye! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

QUOTE (Tennie @ Nov 28 2009, 01:49 PM) *
In terms of the way the club (apart from Leonardo's lineup choices) has been treating Gattuso (and how they treat Pippo and how they treated Maldini)...a major fins down from Fishdoll. THIS is what bothers me and what I really, really dislike.

Are you referring to Maldini's contract extension issue? And what has happened with Inzaghi and Gattuso?

+Quote Post

Patinho
post Nov 28 2009, 05:00 PM
Post #6

Esordienti B 96

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 6,759

he should finish his career at rangers (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

+Quote Post

Tennie
post Nov 28 2009, 05:12 PM
Post #7

Token Girl
Group Icon

Nah, dst, I'm referring to the lack of any response from club management after the disgraceful behavior of the curva at Maldini's farewell game. And the fact that management are basically, it seems, willing to jettison both Pippo and Rino at the moment. Technical choices are one thing - and I don't have a problem if the coach thinks player x will be better in the tactical formation than player y - but the way the club treats players is just not cool and that's what has me rather upset. The Maldini thing was just the most noticeable beginning to the pattern.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Nov 28 2009, 05:19 PM
Post #8

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

I agree with Tennie.

I also think Ambro is the best guy for the current system. I haven't seen this Ambro in years, since before Carlo came and put Pirlo in the DM position.

I don't know how Gattuso would fair playing this new system, he hasn't really had the chance because of all the injuries. But I believe that once he's fit he'll put Ambro to the sward. It's a long season, we've seen what happened to Pirlo and Ambro they're burned out because of all the games, the midfield needs to be rotated. I'm sure both Rino and Flamini will get more then enough playing time.

+Quote Post

dst
post Nov 28 2009, 05:43 PM
Post #9

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 911

QUOTE (Tennie @ Nov 28 2009, 06:12 PM) *
Nah, dst, I'm referring to the lack of any response from club management after the disgraceful behavior of the curva at Maldini's farewell game.

Yeah, I remember that! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

QUOTE (Tennie @ Nov 28 2009, 06:12 PM) *
And the fact that management are basically, it seems, willing to jettison both Pippo and Rino at the moment.

Where do you get that feeling from? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

+Quote Post

Tennie
post Nov 28 2009, 07:09 PM
Post #10

Token Girl
Group Icon

Well, the way the club blithely denied there was any problem with Rino up to the day that Rino himself gave the interview is one pretty obvious clue -- again, I wish I could provide links but this comes from watching the sky sport italia 24 hour news program every day for over a week -- and the same 'there's no problem with pippo' after he made an appearance on a talk show and commented very diplomatically that he'd love to have more playing time and to extend his contract. The only direct response to anything he said was Galliani commenting that he'd discuss contract renewals in the spring.

+Quote Post

I_Rossoneri
post Nov 28 2009, 07:16 PM
Post #11

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 558

QUOTE (Zed.D @ Nov 28 2009, 11:48 AM) *
It's his choice. Leo is chosen as the coach and apparently he doesn't believe in 2 DMs. so, either Gattuso accepts this and fights for a place with Ambro and Flamini or he leaves. needless to say I hope he stays but not at the cost of going back to playing 2DMs system, if only that will make him stay. I don't think Leo should change the team's playing system [now that it's finally working] to keep individuals happy. I always believed/said while Rino and Ambro are both good players, they shouldn't be both playing at the same and I'm glad the coach seems to think the same thing.

I have to admit something, if it came to choosing between Rino and Ambro, I'd go for Ambro. he thrives in this new system. finally he plays the role he's made for, no more useless "Ambro ahead of Dinho as the left wing" thing Carlo invented.

QUOTE (Tennie @ Nov 28 2009, 11:49 AM) *
In terms of coach's choice - it's up to who plays best. Gattuso has been struggling with injury much of the season so it's a little hard to judge. I'm going to hold off on saying sell or not until he's fully fit and has had a chance to play. The only guy I'd start every single game no matter what is Nesta (and possibly Pato). Everyone else needs to show they deserve to start.

Agree with both the above posts, I'd also agree with what Kurt says in that if he going to start whingeing about not being picked then perhaps he should go. I find gattuso's apparent attitude quite disrespectful to the other players, every player should be played on merit and not because they whine or are a big name player. If he's that unhappy then try harder in training and wait for a place, or just go quietly.

+Quote Post

I_Rossoneri
post Nov 28 2009, 07:18 PM
Post #12

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 558

QUOTE (Tennie @ Nov 28 2009, 06:09 PM) *
Well, the way the club blithely denied there was any problem with Rino up to the day that Rino himself gave the interview is one pretty obvious clue -- again, I wish I could provide links but this comes from watching the sky sport italia 24 hour news program every day for over a week -- and the same 'there's no problem with pippo' after he made an appearance on a talk show and commented very diplomatically that he'd love to have more playing time and to extend his contract. The only direct response to anything he said was Galliani commenting that he'd discuss contract renewals in the spring.

Pippo obviously realises how a proffessional football player should act, hopefully he will get a contract extension albeit for a year.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Nov 28 2009, 10:37 PM
Post #13

Allievi Nazionali

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 6,730

My biggest concern with Rino is he describes himself as indispensible. That he cannot handle the notion that he isn't.

I'm fond of him, but any player who says that about themselves considers themselves as bigger than the rest. None of our players are indispensible, and those who are, sure aren't stupid or egotistical enough to say it.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Nov 28 2009, 10:41 PM
Post #14

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

I'm finding all this Rino talk hard to believe. I really think this is a case of the media blowing things way out of proportion

+Quote Post

Bluesummers
post Nov 28 2009, 10:41 PM
Post #15

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 1,660

no one on our squad is good enough to be indespensible. In the last 3 years the only player was kaka, and he was sold.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 06:44 AM