> Summer Transfers '09

Jack Sparrow
post Feb 6 2009, 06:34 AM
Post #31

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,865

Wouldn't be too suprised if on the Becks move falling through, we got Ballack. We could do much worse I suppose. Mikel is good, but I don't think he's got any tactical sense. He's just a very athletic player. I can see him finding a role in Inter, maybe to replace Viera.

Tevez is an SS. So unless we're getting rid of Sheva, I don't see him coming in. Also he's too ugly for Milan, which means he's likely to go to Inter.

We need a target man, coz Borriello's made of glass.

Oh and Cannavaro is free. I'd take him over Senderos anyday. Screw youth, I'll take 34 year old Canna over Senderos anyday. It would be good business. Canna, Nesta and Thiago Silva with Kaladze, Bonera as backup. Thing is I don't think Canna would play for Milan, after his Juve history. He might go back to Napoli.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

han2503
post Feb 6 2009, 05:01 PM
Post #32

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

Of those list I would only look at Mikel, Ballack, Tevez and Canna

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post Feb 6 2009, 08:26 PM
Post #33

Primavera

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 1,265

QUOTE (han2503 @ Feb 6 2009, 07:31 PM) *
Of those list I would only look at Mikel, Ballack, Tevez and Canna

Kameni.

+Quote Post

vnata001
post Feb 6 2009, 08:50 PM
Post #34

Esordienti A 95

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,681

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Feb 5 2009, 09:34 PM) *
Wouldn't be too suprised if on the Becks move falling through, we got Ballack. We could do much worse I suppose. Mikel is good, but I don't think he's got any tactical sense. He's just a very athletic player. I can see him finding a role in Inter, maybe to replace Viera.

Tevez is an SS. So unless we're getting rid of Sheva, I don't see him coming in. Also he's too ugly for Milan, which means he's likely to go to Inter.

We need a target man, coz Borriello's made of glass.

Oh and Cannavaro is free. I'd take him over Senderos anyday. Screw youth, I'll take 34 year old Canna over Senderos anyday. It would be good business. Canna, Nesta and Thiago Silva with Kaladze, Bonera as backup. Thing is I don't think Canna would play for Milan, after his Juve history. He might go back to Napoli.

In 100% agreement with you on Mikel, Canna/Senderos and on the need for a new target man. What happened to Gomez?

I would REALLY like that back line rotation. Nesta/Canna/Silva/Bonera/Kaladze in that order. IF we can pull Daniel Agger out of the hat, then we wouldn't need Canna though. Then Zambrotta, Janku, Antonini, Darmian, Felipe could jostle around for playing time on the wings.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Feb 6 2009, 09:27 PM
Post #35

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

QUOTE (Zed.D @ Feb 6 2009, 08:26 PM) *
Kameni.

What for? Isn't Abbiati good enough? Isn't Dida-Kalac still a good backup combo? Don't we have at least one good primavera keeper?

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post Feb 6 2009, 11:29 PM
Post #36

Primavera

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Feb 7 2009, 12:57 AM) *
What for? Isn't Abbiati good enough? Isn't Dida-Kalac still a good backup combo? Don't we have at least one good primavera keeper?

What for? because he will be a free agent. he's young. and he's great!

I think Kameni is not inferior to any of our 'keepers, espeially Kalac (just my opinion - you don't have to say you disagree).

If I were in Galliani's shoes, I'd sell Kalac and sign Kameni instead...

Don't we have at least one good primavera keeper?

You tell me... do we?!

+Quote Post

Tennie
post Feb 6 2009, 11:33 PM
Post #37

Token Girl
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,800

I don't think he's that good, zeddie. Seen some dreadful, truly dreadful howlers from the guy. Would rather pick up viviano or curci or even samp's kid, fiorillo. (that is, of course, if one is permitted to express the opinion that italians are competent footballers)

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post Feb 6 2009, 11:43 PM
Post #38

Primavera

QUOTE (Tennie @ Feb 7 2009, 02:03 AM) *
I don't think he's that good, zeddie. Seen some dreadful, truly dreadful howlers from the guy. Would rather pick up viviano or curci or even samp's kid, fiorillo. (that is, of course, if one is permitted to express the opinion that italians are competent footballers)

Whenever I saw him, he was great. I don't know... I think he's worth going for for those reasons: free agent. young. 'good'.

I think Inter have already bought half of Viviano's contract... is it true?

(that is, of course, if one is permitted to express the opinion that italians are competent footballers)

Come on, Tennie. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Feb 6 2009, 11:56 PM
Post #39

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

QUOTE (Zed.D @ Feb 6 2009, 11:29 PM) *
What for? because he will be a free agent. he's young. and he's great!

I think Kameni is not inferior to any of our 'keepers, espeially Kalac (just my opinion - you don't have to say you disagree).

If I were in Galliani's shoes, I'd sell Kalac and sign Kameni instead...

You tell me... do we?!

No. I don't have to disagree. In fact, I agree, Kameni is better then Kalac. But what good do we have of a young keeper sitting on a bench? For my viewpoint:

1) It would just be another player "Milan ruined"
2) We have much more troubled positions to solve then waist time on getting a keeper, when we still have Dida-Abbiati-Kalac. Another story comes along if one of the three leaves.
3) Yes we have. Last time I checked Offredi wasn't bad..

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post Feb 7 2009, 12:14 AM
Post #40

Primavera

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Feb 7 2009, 03:26 AM) *
No. I don't have to disagree. In fact, I agree, Kameni is better then Kalac. But what good do we have of a young keeper sitting on a bench? For my viewpoint:

1) It would just be another player "Milan ruined"
2) We have much more troubled positions to solve then waist time on getting a keeper, when we still have Dida-Abbiati-Kalac. Another story comes along if one of the three leaves.
3) Yes we have. Last time I checked Offredi wasn't bad..

I think he's worth it because of those reasons. it's not wasting time or money, but, whatever...

1) Dida is 35. Kalac is 36. how many more years are they going to stay?... one day both will be gone and we will be left wondering what to do and who to bring to replace them.
2) I agree. but again, Kameni is a bonus. we don't have to buy him, we just have to pay him his wages. I doubt it will cost Milan more than, say, Kalac and Emerson's salaries altogether.
3) Offredi wasn't bad? OK, I'm not saying he is bad, but can you tell me what has he done to warrant that?
I think it's unlikely our Primavera players can break through the first team. and it's even more unlikely that a Primavera 'keeper can do that. they're just not in Milan's plans very much.

+Quote Post

Tennie
post Feb 7 2009, 12:19 AM
Post #41

Token Girl
Group Icon

Still don't think Kameni is a good pick, zeddie. I haven't seen him do much better than Kalac, if anything at all.

Curci is free at the end of the season, if memory serves. then there's Handanovic of Udine who I like. Of the Milan-bred keepers, there are Offredi who is getting star ratings (see primavera thread) on loan, and there are two primavera keepers who are very highly rated. Perucchini and Donnaruma.

+Quote Post

Bluesummers
post Feb 7 2009, 08:04 AM
Post #42

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 1,660

QUOTE (Tennie @ Feb 6 2009, 05:19 PM) *
Still don't think Kameni is a good pick, zeddie. I haven't seen him do much better than Kalac, if anything at all.

Curci is free at the end of the season, if memory serves. then there's Handanovic of Udine who I like. Of the Milan-bred keepers, there are Offredi who is getting star ratings (see primavera thread) on loan, and there are two primavera keepers who are very highly rated. Perucchini and Donnaruma.

Really? Kameni is one of the most sought after goal keepers in europe right now. Same with Mandanda. Curci? In my opinion he's not worth investing in. handanovic is good but he'll never see the light of day if abiatti keeps playing like this.

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Feb 7 2009, 08:35 AM
Post #43

Smoking Bianco

Member No.: 191

Considering Abbiatti's form atm .. I doubt Milan will be looking at any Gkeeper for the firstteam. Maybe a backup, but then again, Milan has a handful of those on loan at several clubs in Serie A.

About the future !? By that time Milan will most likely bring in an experienced one. And the cycle continues .. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/96.gif)

+Quote Post

Tennie
post Feb 7 2009, 12:28 PM
Post #44

Token Girl
Group Icon

Who exactly is after Kameni, Blue? Can you cite articles/sources?

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post Feb 7 2009, 02:01 PM
Post #45

Primavera

How about we avoid going through another argument? I just made a wish, if it's not a sin.

+Quote Post

333 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 04:59 PM