Ancelotti's future is in doubt!
Where will he be next year?
Milan [ 4 ] ** [16.67%]
Chelsea [ 14 ] ** [58.33%]
Real Madrid [ 3 ] ** [12.50%]
Roma [ 1 ] ** [4.17%]
At a nice restaurant [ 2 ] ** [8.33%]
Other (please name) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
If he leaves, will these guys follow him? (pick as many as you wish)
Kaka [ 1 ] ** [3.45%]
Seedorf [ 13 ] ** [44.83%]
Pirlo [ 3 ] ** [10.34%]
Gattuso [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Tassotti [ 7 ] ** [24.14%]
Galli [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Other (please name) [ 5 ] ** [17.24%]
If he leaves, who will be Milan's new coach?
Van Basten [ 6 ] ** [25.00%]
Rijkaard [ 12 ] ** [50.00%]
Allegri [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Gasperini [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Spalletti [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Leonardo [ 6 ] ** [25.00%]
Total Votes: 24
Guests cannot vote 

I_Rossoneri
post May 16 2009, 09:37 PM
Post #16

Allievi Regionali B

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 558

The sooner he leaves the better.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post May 18 2009, 09:16 AM
Post #17

Primavera

Member No.: 1,265

QUOTE (Channel4)
Ancelotti very close to Chelsea

Monday 18 May, 2009

Milan Coach Carlo Ancelotti will fly to London and make his move to Chelsea official on May 30, according to La Gazzetta dello Sport.

Ancelotti has been repeatedly linked with the Blues this spring and appears to have come to the end of his time with the Rossoneri.

Milan President Silvio Berlusconi criticised him in the Italian Press last week and Saturday's defeat away to Udinese hasn't helped his cause.

Ancelotti will apparently leave for Chelsea without his staff and take Ray Wilkins as his assistant at Stamford Bridge.

Ancelotti's chief assistants, Mauro Tassotti and Filippo Galli, will stay with Milan, as will Villiam Vecchi, although Carletto would like him at Stamford Bridge.

That appears unlikely, though, as Chelsea already have a Goalkeeper Coach in Christophe Lollichon.

Milan are reportedly unwilling to announce the decision until after next week when they hope to have secured the second Champions League spot.

Chelsea also want to postpone the announcement until after the FA Cup Final they are due to contest with Everton.

There will be no official presentation, only an exclusive interview with Chelsea TV, according to La Gazzetta.

The Blues are said to be keen to keep Ancelotti away from the English Press, who crucified Luiz Felipe Scolari for his eccentric use of English.

Ancelotti is the second longest serving trainer in the history of Milan after the great Nereo Rocco. He has been with the Rossoneri for seven and a half years.

+Quote Post

Tennie
post May 18 2009, 11:49 AM
Post #18

Token Girl
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 2,800

I finally found the text of the Gazzetta article (it's not on the Gazzetta website, but it's reprinted on milannews). The translation above is mostly accurate except for the first paragraph. Chelsea has stated they want to make the announcement on the 30th after the end of the English season, but May 30 is the day before the last match day in the Italian calendar -- and I don't see a coach, even one changing jobs, flying to London the day before Milan-Fiorentina.

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post May 18 2009, 01:55 PM
Post #19

Primavera

Thanks for all the updates!

I still think Rijkaaard would be a better choice, even though MvB looks more serious and charismatic to me. I certainly wouldn't complain if either came. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post

6Best
post May 18 2009, 02:43 PM
Post #20

Pulcini Provinciali 98

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 6,299

QUOTE (Zed.D @ May 18 2009, 06:55 PM) *
Thanks for all the updates!

I still think Rijkaaard would be a better choice, even though MvB looks more serious and charismatic to me. I certainly wouldn't complain if either came. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Well , anything but Carlo .

+Quote Post

MizNelson
post May 18 2009, 05:55 PM
Post #21

Dida per sempre

Member No.: 3,563

My first choice continues to be Rijkaard. The only thing I like about MvB is that he and Seedork are oil and water.

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post May 18 2009, 07:39 PM
Post #22

Primavera

QUOTE (6Best @ May 18 2009, 05:13 PM) *
Well , anything but Carlo .

Yup. I think Carlo outstayed his welcome but what's done is done. we can change things now however. why wait for another season to find out what we've already did: he's one of the greats but his time is up.

QUOTE (MizNelson @ May 18 2009, 08:25 PM) *
My first choice continues to be Rijkaard. The only thing I like about MvB is that he and Seedork are oil and water.

I wouldn't worry about Seedorf cause the way he's been playing for some time now, he won't make it to any coach's XI, except Carlo's. and if he were to raise his game, good for both us and him!

This post has been edited by Zed.D: May 18 2009, 07:45 PM

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post May 19 2009, 10:10 AM
Post #23

Primavera

Mauro Tassotti: I Am Ready To Take Charge Of Milan

The former defender has put his name forward to take over from Ancelotti at the San Siro.

As speculation mounts over the future of Milan coach Carlo Ancelotti, his right-hand man Mauro Tassotti has admitted he feels ready to make the step up.
Ancelotti is widely expected to head for the exit door at the end of the Serie A season, with Chelsea and Real Madrid both possible destinations. The Italian press are convinced the club’s directors will once again plump for a former Rossonero as his replacement.

“Should I get the nod to coach Milan, I would gladly accept it,” Tassotti told Telelombardia. “I would be very happy and I feel ready.”

Tassotti played over 400 games for Milan after joining from Lazio in 1980 and retired from football in 1997 at the age of 37.

But Dutch legend Marco van Basten is also allegedly in the frame and the rumour mill went into overdrive yesterday as the ex-Dutch international was spotted having dinner with the Rossoneri hierarchy on Sunday.

Filippo Galli was also there and explained that the former striker was indeed quizzed over his availability.

“Something was said about the possibility of him coaching Milan,” confessed Galli.

“But we mostly discussed his experience at Ajax and he revealed there have been no contacts with Milan.”

Van Basten quit as Ajax coach earlier this month after a disappointing season in the Eredivisie.

Ah, please!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

+Quote Post

I_Rossoneri
post May 19 2009, 11:20 PM
Post #24

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 558

Roma pip Chelsea to Carlo?

Chelsea could lose Carlo Ancelotti, as Roma’s potential new owners want him on the bench with Emmanuel Adebayor upfront.

Ancelotti has always stated his dream is to one day Coach the Giallorossi and that wish could be about to come true.

“Roma is the one side where I could potentially go to in the future,” he said earlier this season.

“Considering my past experience, Roma is the only club in Italy aside from Milan where I could work. Either that or to go abroad.”

The tactician spent much of his playing career in Rome from 1979 to 1987, wearing the captain’s armband and winning the 1983 Scudetto along with four Coppa Italia trophies.

He is expected to leave Milan for Chelsea at the end of the season, but a radical new theory is opening up at the Olimpico.

Roma have officially announced that they received “interest” from a conglomerate represented by Vinicio Fioranelli, which is based in Switzerland but in reality has its roots in the oil-rich Arab nations.

They are eager to buy out President Rosella Sensi and invest heavily in the club, starting from a top class Coach like Ancelotti.

It is also reported in the Italian newspapers that their first transfer target is Arsenal hitman Adebayor.

This is a further clue, as Ancelotti wanted Adebayor during the summer at Milan and was allegedly dismayed when the club signed Ronaldinho instead.

Channel 4

Let him go to Roma and take the overrated Adebayawn with him (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post May 20 2009, 02:57 PM
Post #25

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

Now is the perfect time for Ancelotti to take over at Roma. Maybe some player will follow him there, I'm thinking of Jankulovski, maybe even Crespo? Anyway, if that happens...why not stick with Tassotti?

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post May 20 2009, 03:09 PM
Post #26

Primavera

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ May 20 2009, 05:27 PM) *
Now is the perfect time for Ancelotti to take over at Roma.

Who are you and what have you done to Fillipo? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif)

+Quote Post

dst
post May 20 2009, 03:09 PM
Post #27

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 911

Because like all assistant coaches he's a 'soft' guy and maybe even closer to the players than Ancelotti. I personally don't like that.

+Quote Post

MizNelson
post May 21 2009, 01:09 AM
Post #28

Dida per sempre

Member No.: 3,563

the rumour mill went into overdrive yesterday as the ex-Dutch international was spotted having dinner with the Rossoneri hierarchy on Sunday.

I find this hilarious. They could've met at a gas station and the media would still go bananas.

+Quote Post

Tennie
post May 21 2009, 01:12 AM
Post #29

Token Girl
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,800

Well, given that it was a restaurant co-owned by Tassotti and Donadoni and Galliani, Tassotti, and Galli were there, people are going to speculate. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post May 21 2009, 09:30 AM
Post #30

Primavera

QUOTE (Rino Gattuso)
What do you think about the voices regarding Kaká and Carlo Ancelotti?

"I am sure Kaká will stay. Regarding the coach, one day it seems I have understood everything and the next day I change my mind. I think it's right that it will be talked about at the end of the season. If the coach leaves, they will still have been wonderful years. Hope is the last to die, however: the team is with him, he has been our coach for many years and a special relationship has been created. It will be up to the club and the coach to come to an agreement and I hope they will. Otherwise we will open a new cycle without forgetting that Milan will have to start winning again."

Yet another hint that Carlo may leave...

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 11:14 PM