Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Zambro: Juve betrayed me

KillerMax
post Aug 26 2006, 07:42 AM
Post #1

Allievi Nazionali

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 1,388

Gianluca Zambrotta left demoted Juventus, but insists he feels betrayed by the club and would’ve preferred Milan to Barcelona.

“I am not a mercenary,” he told newspaper ‘Tuttosport’. “I gave my heart to Juve for seven years and never thought I’d see two of the Scudetti wiped from my record. I feel betrayed by the former directors.”

The World Cup winner has joined Barca along with Lilian Thuram, while ex-Bianconeri teammates Fabio Cannavaro, Emerson, Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Patrick Vieira have also moved on following the Calciopoli scandal.

Juventus saw the 2004-05 and 2005-06 titles revoked, the team demoted and ordered to start the new season in Serie B with a 17-point handicap for match-fixing allegations aimed at former directors Luciano Moggi and Antonio Giraudo.

This week new President Giovanni Cobolli Gigli told newspapers he was “let down” by Zambrotta and Cannavaro for deciding to jump ship.

“I was very upset by that statement,” responded the full-back. “It wasn’t fair on me. When I explained to the new directors, just the once, that I wasn’t too sure I wanted to play in Serie B, they immediately set up this move to Barcelona. The reason is they already had an agreement with the Spanish side, whereas my agent had spoken to me about Milan. I had to adapt.”

The former Bari man also pointed out the scorn aimed in his direction was misplaced following his departure.

“The fans are calling us traitors and mercenaries, but I gave everything to Juventus for seven years. The old club hierarchy really let me down and I never expected to leave Turin in these circumstances.”

However, unlike Alessandro Del Piero, Zambrotta refused to criticise ex-Juventus Coach Fabio Capello for his two years at the club.

“Everyone is free to have their own opinion, but I always got on well with Capello and have no complaints. Perhaps Del Piero just needed to get something off his chest.”

Zambrotta and Thuram were on the Barcelona bench for last night’s European Super Cup, which was surprisingly won 3-0 by Real Betis Sevilla. Another former Juventus star, Enzo Maresca, was on target along with Renato and Fredi Kanoute.

Football Italia
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

jbryant1
post Aug 26 2006, 07:43 AM
Post #2

Esordienti A 95

Member No.: 874

I wish we would have got him. He's a great defender.

What Milan was thinking in this transfer window is beyond me.

+Quote Post

arivanjj
post Aug 26 2006, 07:59 AM
Post #3

7th Heaven

Member No.: 821

Yeahhhh, we missed alot of good defenders.

+Quote Post

KillerMax
post Aug 26 2006, 08:07 AM
Post #4

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 1,388

Don't you guys get it? Juve did not want to give any of their good players to Milan at any cost! That's why they gave away all those players for cheap...

+Quote Post

Captain Ambro
post Aug 26 2006, 09:48 AM
Post #5

Esordienti B 96

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 608

Exactly, it clearly says Milan was interested but Juve refused to sell to Milan... Perhaps you should read what it says before you start critizing our board.

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Aug 26 2006, 09:58 AM
Post #6

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,865

Ha..bloody Gobbi...shame I would have liked Zambro a lot in my team...if Zambro had been there, things would be looking a lot better.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Aug 26 2006, 01:44 PM
Post #7

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

This is what I was talking about yesterday, Zambro wanted Milan, Milan wanted Zambro, and while we where talking to his agent they had already agreed every thing with Barca.

And he is right, the players that left aren't mercenaries and didn't betray the club, nut the club betrayed them.

I wish we would have gotten him, but there didn't seem to be any other option for us since Juve didn't want to sell anyone to Milan.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Aug 26 2006, 02:45 PM
Post #8

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Member No.: 2,008

Juve is a joke. This Moggiopoli scandal explains why they've be so sh!t in the last 3 years in the Champions League. And then the dislike over Milan, meh, they're pitiful.

+Quote Post

GULLIVER
post Aug 26 2006, 04:45 PM
Post #9

Esordienti A 95

Member No.: 1,214

If Juve didn't want to give him to us, I think Baca will give him.

He needs to be noughty a little bit, and we can get him this winter,

Can't we? (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

+Quote Post

misha
post Aug 26 2006, 04:56 PM
Post #10

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 787

QUOTE (GULLIVER @ Aug 26 2006, 05:45 PM)
If Juve didn't want to give him to us, I think Baca will give him.

Can't we? (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

No. Maybe next summer. Barca won't let good player go in the middle of the season + He will be unavailable for the CL

This post has been edited by mishale: Aug 26 2006, 04:58 PM

+Quote Post

GULLIVER
post Aug 26 2006, 05:05 PM
Post #11

Esordienti A 95

QUOTE (mishale @ Aug 26 2006, 07:56 PM)
No. Maybe next summer. Barca won't let good player go in the middle of the season + He will be unavailable for the CL

OK (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Aug 26 2006, 06:09 PM
Post #12

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,865

hmm..next season huh?? I doubt Barca will sell him for cash...who have we got that they could use....oh maaaaaaan!!! Here comes the ricky argument all over again...maybe we could give them rico if he doesn't shine so much...I'm pretty sure, we've got ourselves a first option on Torres.

+Quote Post

dst
post Aug 26 2006, 06:38 PM
Post #13

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 911

QUOTE (GULLIVER @ Aug 26 2006, 06:45 PM)

I'm sorry but ... that's Moggi's way. I'll pass!!!

QUOTE (mishale @ Aug 26 2006, 06:56 PM)

and that too!!!!

+Quote Post

GULLIVER
post Aug 26 2006, 07:58 PM
Post #14

Esordienti A 95

QUOTE (dst @ Aug 26 2006, 09:38 PM)
I'm sorry but ... that's Moggi's way. I'll pass!!!
and that too!!!!

No Moggi way here. I'm just trying to say that if Zambrotta wants, and Milan wishes. Barcelona isn't a side that can resist the transfer of Italian defender to the best Italian club...

+Quote Post

dst
post Aug 26 2006, 09:03 PM
Post #15

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 911

QUOTE (GULLIVER @ Aug 26 2006, 09:58 PM)
No Moggi way here. I'm just trying to say that if Zambrotta wants, and Milan wishes. Barcelona isn't a side that can resist the transfer of Italian defender to the best Italian club...

Us to tell him to be mind-f@cker is what Moggi would do ... I don't think he wants that transfer so much that he'd do it himself!!!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 08:58 AM