Post #1

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (d'Arc.LP @ Oct 18 2016, 04:18 PM) *
Juventus topic?

Probable Xl vs. Juve (4-3-3)
Donnarumma; Abate, Paletta, Romagnoli, De Sciglio; Kucka, Locatelli, Bonaventura; Suso, Bacca, Niang.
[Sky]

Let's see if we can at least get a draw out of this. I'd still play Poli or Sosa ahead of Locatelli though

Currently watching Juve against Lyon. Hoping they give Juve a good run around at least so they're a bit tired against us (we need all the help we can get)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

d'Arc.LP
post Oct 18 2016, 08:28 PM
Post #2

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 6,786

QUOTE (han2503 @ Oct 18 2016, 10:01 PM) *
Let's see if we can at least get a draw out of this. I'd still play Poli or Sosa ahead of Locatelli though

Currently watching Juve against Lyon. Hoping they give Juve a good run around at least so they're a bit tired against us (we need all the help we can get)

There is no doubt that the team is living a great momentum and I hate the fact that we are facing Juventus right now cos they might cool down all the hype, but we had to meet them sooner or later. This has its positive side cos we might give Juve a harder time than they think. A draw here I think is a must, why not try to snach 3 points.

As for the contested mid position, I would still go with Locatelli over Poli and Sosa. Why? Firstly cos he has played much more this season and he has connected with the team and mentality more than Sosa. They only thing in which Sosa (should) beats Locatelli is passing skills (even though it is not that Locatelli lacks it that much) but we have not seen that not even once from him (maybe a little in his first game with us), but in other aspects Locatelli has been way before him. Locatelli is much better in defensive and air, he also understands the game and teammates better. As for Poli starting before Locatelli I wouldnt suggest it, since Locatelli has better creative and passing skills than him and holds the midfield much better. Also, I dont see Kucka and Poli playing together as CMFs, especially since we are now (at least against Chievo we did) playing 3-4-3 when starting the action and they would be the only creativity options we would have in the center of the midfield. This is only my opinion though.

If Locatelli was not available for selection then I would go with a stranger option, playing with:

GK

Defense

Suso - Kucka - Bonaventura

Honda - Bacca - Niang

OR

GK

Defense

Kucka - Pasalic

Suso - Bona - Niang

Bacca

This post has been edited by d'Arc.LP: Oct 18 2016, 08:32 PM

+Quote Post

d'Arc.LP
post Oct 19 2016, 06:02 AM
Post #3

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Montella: "Locatelli played as simple as I had asked him. He was good at not committing mistakes after he was booked."

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Oct 19 2016, 07:39 AM
Post #4

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,865

I think Montella realises that he needs to get the youngsters comfortable first before letting them express their talent. Errors in midfield are punished quite lethally in Italy and he's occupying a tough role.

That said for this match, I don't expect Montella to change to a 4-4-2 or anything just yet. Probably won't see a change in personnel either barring training injuries.

But if we do go defensive, I can see Lapadula playing to pressure Bonucci with his workrate and not let them play from the back easily. He might start in place of Suso.

+Quote Post

William405
post Oct 19 2016, 08:24 AM
Post #5

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 7,239

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Oct 19 2016, 09:39 AM) *
I think Montella realises that he needs to get the youngsters comfortable first before letting them express their talent. Errors in midfield are punished quite lethally in Italy and he's occupying a tough role.

That said for this match, I don't expect Montella to change to a 4-4-2 or anything just yet. Probably won't see a change in personnel either barring training injuries.

But if we do go defensive, I can see Lapadula playing to pressure Bonucci with his workrate and not let them play from the back easily. He might start in place of Suso.

Why would he play instead of Suso? He is a CF.

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Oct 19 2016, 11:21 AM
Post #6

Group Icon

QUOTE (William405 @ Oct 19 2016, 02:54 PM) *
Why would he play instead of Suso? He is a CF.

We've used him on the wings before. He wouldn't do the Suso thing of hugging the wing and we'd shift to mostly a 4-3-2-1. Because Juve will only have one threat down the wing for our fullback to deal with (Evra) and we can then have Lapadula or Niang drop deep to help out the midfield from being overloaded when we are defending and to pressure the centre back when we're attacking.

The point is that for Bacca to be useful he'll need to find space. Getting isolated against the Juve back three will do nothing for him. My guess is we are going to need one of those long range goals again.

+Quote Post

William405
post Oct 19 2016, 01:12 PM
Post #7

Allievi Regionali B

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Oct 19 2016, 01:21 PM) *
We've used him on the wings before. He wouldn't do the Suso thing of hugging the wing and we'd shift to mostly a 4-3-2-1. Because Juve will only have one threat down the wing for our fullback to deal with (Evra) and we can then have Lapadula or Niang drop deep to help out the midfield from being overloaded when we are defending and to pressure the centre back when we're attacking.

The point is that for Bacca to be useful he'll need to find space. Getting isolated against the Juve back three will do nothing for him. My guess is we are going to need one of those long range goals again.

Hmm, you make a good case for it. Not sure Montella would try it out though. We have a certain balance at the moment, and I'm not sure he wants to play with it.

+Quote Post

mishie
post Oct 19 2016, 08:02 PM
Post #8

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 1,072

starting Locatelli is a no brainer for me, trust him he will be fine in there no worries.

i think it'll be the same formation and starting line-up albeit Bacca will swap for Lapadula

+Quote Post

d'Arc.LP
post Oct 20 2016, 05:59 AM
Post #9

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Locatelli will likely start against Juve. #MN

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Oct 20 2016, 07:28 AM
Post #10

Group Icon

Yeah. We have no huge injury concerns and that lineup is playing well now. I expect the same lineup to start.

+Quote Post

d'Arc.LP
post Oct 21 2016, 06:51 PM
Post #11

Giovanissimi Nazionali

There will be more than 76k spectators at San Siro to attend Milan-Juve. At Casa Milan during the day are expected 10k visitors. #MN

Milan will generate €3,55m from ticket sales, a record in the history of the club in Serie A. #MN

+Quote Post

mishie
post Oct 22 2016, 02:04 AM
Post #12

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 1,072

QUOTE (d'Arc.LP @ Oct 21 2016, 07:51 PM) *
There will be more than 76k spectators at San Siro to attend Milan-Juve. At Casa Milan during the day are expected 10k visitors. #MN

Milan will generate €3,55m from ticket sales, a record in the history of the club in Serie A. #MN

I'll be there (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post

d'Arc.LP
post Oct 22 2016, 07:23 AM
Post #13

Giovanissimi Nazionali

QUOTE (mishie @ Oct 22 2016, 04:04 AM) *

Nice, I hope you have good time. How does it feel knowing that you just contributed to our next transfer window or paying Baccas wages by buying the ticket? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post

William405
post Oct 22 2016, 10:06 AM
Post #14

Allievi Regionali B

QUOTE (d'Arc.LP @ Oct 21 2016, 08:51 PM) *

This is great!

+Quote Post

d'Arc.LP
post Oct 22 2016, 06:49 PM
Post #15

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Official line-ups:

Milan: Donnarumma; Abate, Paletta, Romagnoli, De Sciglio; Kucka, Locatelli, Bonaventura; Suso, Bacca, Niang

Juventus: Buffon; Benatia, Bonucci, Barzagli; Dani Alves, Khedira, Hernanes, Pjanic, Alex Sandro; Dybala, Higuain

This post has been edited by d'Arc.LP: Oct 22 2016, 07:00 PM

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:39 AM