> Werder Bremen - Milan -- 18.02.09, UEFA Cup

Zed.D
post Feb 19 2009, 12:13 PM
Post #256

Primavera

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 1,265

QUOTE (whoarethepatriots @ Feb 19 2009, 02:04 PM) *
I dont feel secure with either of them. There was a point were Kaladze could turn it on in the big games, but he cant do it any more. Senderos is a complete disgrace. I cannot believe he is wearing the same colours that Maldini, Costacurta and Baresi have worn.

At the moment our only good CB is Bonera and to a degree Maldini

Of course, me neither. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) but it if came to choosing one of them, considering their current forms, my pick would be Sen. I'd prefer to see Darmian ahead of both of them anyway....
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Feb 19 2009, 12:33 PM
Post #257

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,564

QUOTE (dst @ Feb 19 2009, 11:22 AM) *
I thought Pirlo was amazing.

He had countless lost balls, and that means uneccessary lost balls. His movement and covering also wasn't on regular level, so...don't know, maybe I missed something out. Seedorf was better IMO, he did run and pass like old times..

+Quote Post

dst
post Feb 19 2009, 01:23 PM
Post #258

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 911

QUOTE (Zed.D @ Feb 19 2009, 01:13 PM) *
Of course, me neither. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) but it if came to choosing one of them, considering their current forms, my pick would be Sen. I'd prefer to see Darmian ahead of both of them anyway....

You know Kaladze is not exactly my favorite player but I'd pick him ahead of Senderos. The latter is just lame. Current form? Kaladze has only played one game!

Darmian ahead of both of them any day!

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Feb 19 2009, 01:33 PM) *
He had countless lost balls, and that means uneccessary lost balls. His movement and covering also wasn't on regular level, so...don't know, maybe I missed something out. Seedorf was better IMO, he did run and pass like old times..

Seedorf also lost many balls and his wrong movement and passing at times put us under even more pressure in the second half. Amazing is not the word though I think both of them were very good last night.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Feb 19 2009, 05:33 PM
Post #259

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (whoarethepatriots @ Feb 18 2009, 10:48 PM) *
I am sensing that certain people on the board have forgotten Ambrosini's past contributions. He may not be playing too well at the moment (he is playing as a left winger for fcks sake), that dosent mean he is useless. I guess the next time Kaka or Pato goes through a bad patch of form we should sell them

Why is he playing as a winger them???

We have Janku who plays on his side. He's supposed to be the one doing the runs on the wing not Ambro. Ambro is supposed to stay back and cover Janku while he's attacking and double team with him when they're trying to defend, not spend 75% of the match in the opposition's box putting in terrible crosses and making bad touches that ultimately end up with us losing the ball everytime he even so much as looks at it.

Atm, based on form, Flamini trumps Ambro hands down, for this reason he should be the one starting, not Ambro, this game made this a clearly obvious decision, atleast for me, Carlo on the other hand will probably keep playing Ambro no matter what Flamini does

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post Feb 20 2009, 10:55 AM
Post #260

Primavera

Member No.: 1,265

QUOTE (dst @ Feb 19 2009, 04:53 PM) *
Seedorf also lost many balls and his wrong movement and passing at times put us under even more pressure in the second half. Amazing is not the word though I think both of them were very good last night.

Seedorf's passing is rather accurate, his real problem IMO is that he's too slow in front of the goal... holds the ball too much. in the Derby he had 2-3 good chances to scores but he he wasted them (e.g. min 68. but there were other chances like this too)

That's why I think he's better when he plays deeper, beside Pirlo, or in place of Pirlo. IMO he's not fast enough to be an attacking midfielder anymore.

+Quote Post

acid911
post Feb 20 2009, 03:16 PM
Post #261

Berretti

Member No.: 3,736

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Feb 19 2009, 04:33 PM) *

As much as I hate to admit it, Pirlo has not been the same after his return from injury. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif) Watch any of our recent matches, and every time an opposing player came close to Pirlo, he went down at the slightest touch. Can't blame him, really, maybe he's afraid to get injured again. Also, he's been made to play really defensive, so there is an apparent lack of freedom he enjoyed before.

The fact that he's coming back after such a long layoff doesn't help matters; neither does the fact that there is increased competition in the squad with the arrival of Beckham. I still have faith for him to get back, so hopefully this is just a slight dip in form.

+Quote Post

pacang
post Feb 20 2009, 09:16 PM
Post #262

Esordienti B 96

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,171

QUOTE (acid911 @ Feb 20 2009, 10:16 PM) *
As much as I hate to admit it, Pirlo has not been the same after his return from injury. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif) Watch any of our recent matches, and every time an opposing player came close to Pirlo, he went down at the slightest touch. Can't blame him, really, maybe he's afraid to get injured again. Also, he's been made to play really defensive, so there is an apparent lack of freedom he enjoyed before.

The fact that he's coming back after such a long layoff doesn't help matters; neither does the fact that there is increased competition in the squad with the arrival of Beckham. I still have faith for him to get back, so hopefully this is just a slight dip in form.

that's the spirit.. he still got his weirdly-flown-long-balls (on the pitch, i mean).. he's not the same Pirlo after his return but Pirlo will always be Pirlo.. maybe he fully recovered physically, but mentally, its gonna take some time before he gets his super-cool-calmness again..

+Quote Post

acid911
post Feb 20 2009, 09:20 PM
Post #263

Berretti

Member No.: 3,736

QUOTE (pacang @ Feb 21 2009, 01:16 AM) *
that's the spirit.. he still got his weirdly-flown-long-balls (on the pitch, i mean).. he's not the same Pirlo after his return but Pirlo will always be Pirlo.. maybe he fully recovered physically, but mentally, its gonna take some time before he gets his super-cool-calmness again..

+21! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) I think it's right around the corner! Gattuso also came back stronger before his recent injury.

+Quote Post

18 Pages V  « < 16 17 18
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 10:56 PM