> Milan-Genoa -- 28.01.09, Giornata 20

Tennie
post Jan 26 2009, 07:02 PM
Post #1

Token Girl
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 2,800

Milan host Genoa on Wednesday at the San Siro.

Genoa do have Diego Milito back for this one.

Milan won't have Borriello or Nesta but they're both (so the italian press thinks) fairly close to training with the squad.

Given the tense history between the two clubs, there's been a restriction on ticket sales to away fans

Gervasoni will referee the match.

(Zeddie, Rosetti wil ref Chievo-Lecce).
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

CrazyMilanFan
post Jan 26 2009, 07:07 PM
Post #2

Allievi Nazionali

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 3,873

so milto will be back he had to come back against us

+Quote Post

Tennie
post Jan 26 2009, 07:13 PM
Post #3

Token Girl
Group Icon

Squad note for Genoa: Matteo Ferrari is suspended for this one. Raffaele Palladino may play, but it'd be his first game back from injury.

Milan injury update (my translation of the Dr. Manara report on acmilan.com's italian page):

BONERA: has started training with the squad. depending on his reaction he could be availalbe if not wednesday then for sure for sunday.

BORRIELLO: at the end of his 'calvary' and should rejoin the team Friday after the tests at milanlab. (note, he's already doing half of the training with the squad)

GATTUSO: Rino has a special program. He's doing well and on Friday he and other players (including kaladze and digao) will be examined by Professor Martens in Milan.

KALADZE: he's doing specialized work in order to be in the best condition for Friday's tests so he knows what he needs to do the following week. Results so far have been positive. The pain has lessened, we'll see in the next few days.

KALAC: has a disc problem in his neck and will rest this week.

NESTA: with optimism on his and everyone else's part, he could be on the pitch soon. He's running and will do so for another 10 days as well as physical work and then we'll see. If he passes the tests we could see him rejoining the squad within 2 weeks.

ZAMBROTTA: he's fine, was taken off Sunday as a precaution because he took a knock to his left leg.

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Jan 26 2009, 07:36 PM
Post #4

Smoking Bianco

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 191

It will be an intense game ... But hopefully, Milan will play its game .. possesion football and take the three points.

Milan has really picked up form after the winter break and the team is really starting to jell and hopefully this form continues and the team cohesion gets stronger as the days pass by.

I'm not sure why Ronaldinho has not featured as a starter in the past two games, but I can tell that since he was dropped, the team really started to play faster and more effective football. I am hopeful though, that he will regain his brilliance and show his magic once more in Italy, its just a matter of time (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jan 26 2009, 07:45 PM
Post #5

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

I'm more relaxed about this one, I hope it doesn't bite me in the @ss but since we're playing at home, where we have played better this season than away and with the way the team has picked up their performances I'm more confident.

With that being said Genoa are a team that fit into the category of Milan's 'bogey' teams, so I wouldn't be surprised that much if we drew against them. But I'm hopeful we won't and that we'll keep up the pace with Juve and Inter.

This post has been edited by han2503: Jan 26 2009, 07:47 PM

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Jan 26 2009, 07:55 PM
Post #6

Smoking Bianco

Member No.: 191

QUOTE (han2503 @ Jan 26 2009, 09:45 PM) *
we'll keep up the pace with Juve and Inter.

Call me optimistic (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

But I think Milan will pass them cooly ... Feb is right around the courner and they will need to prepare both mentaly and physically for their CL clashes ... They will drop at lease 4 points a pair by the time the last 16 of the CL commences.

I saw how Sampdoria took the reigns last night, they showed no fear and really out played inter for the most part in the first half ... inter are beatable and so are Juve

+Quote Post

RinoIlCapitano
post Jan 26 2009, 08:13 PM
Post #7

Esordienti B 96

Member No.: 6,161

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Jan 26 2009, 07:36 PM) *
It will be an intense game ... But hopefully, Milan will play its game .. possesion football and take the three points.

Milan has really picked up form after the winter break and the team is really starting to jell and hopefully this form continues and the team cohesion gets stronger as the days pass by.

I'm not sure why Ronaldinho has not featured as a starter in the past two games, but I can tell that since he was dropped, the team really started to play faster and more effective football. I am hopeful though, that he will regain his brilliance and show his magic once more in Italy, its just a matter of time (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Ronaldinho hasn't featured because , how carleto sad, seedorf can do better the deffencive part of the ficture, but also sad that ronaldinho will play much in the Serie A second turn because he erned that in the first period of the season with his performances.

I hope to se KA-PA-RO more often because i like more this threeangle!

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/king.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/king.gif)

+Quote Post

RinoIlCapitano
post Jan 26 2009, 08:43 PM
Post #8

Esordienti B 96

Call me optimistic if you want, but on wednesday we will come closer to inter or juve because they are not going to win their away matches, at least one of them will fail to win for sure!!

Inter play the away match in Catania, which is a totally home team with the 7 1 2 home record and the goal difference of 15 10. So they can make a really big problem for inter that have played terible they last away match at bergamo where they were humiliated! They will miss adriano through susspension (He is banned for punching Castaldelo), and mourinho! They are definitely out of form, so they will lose points in Catania!!

Juve play also a away match in Friuli , udine! Udinese is not in form, so they will desperated need this points and they will play for them for sure. They will be really up for some point.... And I think they will earn a point in this match!

So if we win (I think we will for sure) the table will look a litle bit better for us!

Let's hope!

+Quote Post

MizNelson
post Jan 26 2009, 10:04 PM
Post #9

Dida per sempre

Member No.: 3,563

QUOTE (Tennie dello Sport @ Jan 26 2009, 10:13 AM) *
BORRIELLO: at the end of his 'calvary' and should rejoin the team Friday after the tests at milanlab.

The end of his what? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif)

+Quote Post

Tennie
post Jan 26 2009, 10:19 PM
Post #10

Token Girl
Group Icon

that's the literal translation, miz. 'long period of suffering' would perhaps be a better explanation.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jan 26 2009, 10:24 PM
Post #11

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Jan 26 2009, 07:55 PM) *
Call me optimistic (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

But I think Milan will pass them cooly ... Feb is right around the courner and they will need to prepare both mentaly and physically for their CL clashes ... They will drop at lease 4 points a pair by the time the last 16 of the CL commences.

I saw how Sampdoria took the reigns last night, they showed no fear and really out played inter for the most part in the first half ... inter are beatable and so are Juve

Exccellent point. Both have really tough last 16 KOs coming up, Juve will definately drop points because they don't have a squad big enough for that strain yet, Inter on the other hand have the squad but are in terrible form and with everyone attacking them from all sides I could see them crumbling. Although it is a Jose Mourinho team and his teams usually know how to rise to these kinds of occasions I'm still not convinced with his Inter side, they are nothing like Chelsea. At the end of the day they are still Inter and they've always had serious issues when it comes to mental pressure, having Jose for a couple of months certainly wouldn't have fixed all those issues.

QUOTE (KakaIlCapitano @ Jan 26 2009, 08:43 PM) *
Call me optimistic if you want, but on wednesday we will come closer to inter or juve because they are not going to win their away matches, at least one of them will fail to win for sure!!

Inter play the away match in Catania, which is a totally home team with the 7 1 2 home record and the goal difference of 15 10. So they can make a really big problem for inter that have played terible they last away match at bergamo where they were humiliated! They will miss adriano through susspension (He is banned for punching Castaldelo), and mourinho! They are definitely out of form, so they will lose points in Catania!!

Juve play also a away match in Friuli , udine! Udinese is not in form, so they will desperated need this points and they will play for them for sure. They will be really up for some point.... And I think they will earn a point in this match!

So if we win (I think we will for sure) the table will look a litle bit better for us!

Let's hope!

Exactly.

I think at this point it all depends on us, we still have games to play against both these sides, and atm they have the tougher schedules since our big games all come at the end of the calender (except for the Inter match) Not only that but like R7 said, both have tough CL ties awaiting them that will take a lot out of them. I'm hoping that all 3 of the Italian teams advance, not only for Italian football, but to keep them occupied with CL for as long as possible.

+Quote Post

Rivaldo
post Jan 26 2009, 10:45 PM
Post #12

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Member No.: 1,063

Carletto, please, NO SENDEROS, cos Milito torn him to pieces.

This post has been edited by Rivaldo: Jan 26 2009, 10:45 PM

+Quote Post

RinoIlCapitano
post Jan 26 2009, 11:17 PM
Post #13

Esordienti B 96

QUOTE (Rivaldo @ Jan 26 2009, 09:45 PM) *
Carletto, please, NO SENDEROS, cos Milito torn him to pieces.

I dont agree. for me he showed some good potencial, made some very good tackles in the game with bologna. Lets give him some credit.... He was injured for a long time, i think he can be a reinforcement for our defense. For me, he is better than favalli....

+Quote Post

Tennie
post Jan 26 2009, 11:50 PM
Post #14

Token Girl
Group Icon

I'd rather have Favster, but he's become a favourite of mine. Think he's far better in the centre of defense than as LB though. Senderos isn't a bad player but he doesn't have the sophistication that a centerback in Serie A needs.

Here's Gazzetta's starting lineup:
Abbiati
Zambrotta Senderos Maldini Jankulovski
Beckham Pirlo Ambrosini
Kakà Seedorf
Pato

Bonera, Kaladze, Flamini and Pirlo are all 1 booking away from a suspension.

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post Jan 26 2009, 11:58 PM
Post #15

Primavera

Member No.: 1,265

Why isn't Flamini getting any chance anymore? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

+Quote Post

21 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:20 PM