> Buffon wants Italy stay

dst
post Jul 17 2006, 02:40 PM
Post #1

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 911

In-demand Juventus keeper Gianluigi Buffon is set to shun a move to The Premiership in favour of staying in Italy.

The Italy World Cup winner has been linked with a move to Arsenal following Juventus' relegation to Serie B.

With Germany keeper Jens Lehmann nearing the end of his illustrious career Arsene Wenger is scouring the market for possible replacements.

While Buffon has conceded there is a chance he could end up in London, his priority is to remain in Serie A - with Milan now favourites to secure his signature.

"His first priority is to continue to play in Italy," explained Buffon's agent Silvano Martina to the Guardian.

"He likes London as a possible destination but his desire is to continue in Serie A."

Martina has previously stated his client will definitely leave the Old Lady should they be relegated from Italy's top-flight.

Planet Football
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

dst
post Jul 17 2006, 02:40 PM
Post #2

Primavera
Group Icon

At least we'll probably sign him ... (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/devil.gif)

+Quote Post

YoungGun
post Jul 17 2006, 04:28 PM
Post #3

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 154

Nothing clear till the moment

+Quote Post

gal_kenny
post Jul 17 2006, 08:48 PM
Post #4

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Member No.: 2,128

QUOTE (dst @ Jul 17 2006, 01:40 PM)

I think we should probably sign him. He's basically the best keeper in the world now. No body would wanna lose this opportunity. Besides, Dida is old but he's still old and he'll soon retire. We should have a good replacement or don't u think so?

My Webpage

+Quote Post

dst
post Jul 17 2006, 08:51 PM
Post #5

Primavera
Group Icon

At last sound a bit underestimating, right?

Ofcourse I'd be more than happy to have the best goalie in the world in Milan I just commented on the Zambrotta-Canna case, the possibility of them moving to Real ...

... (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jul 17 2006, 08:54 PM
Post #6

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (gal_kenny @ Jul 17 2006, 07:48 PM)
I think we should probably sign him. He's basically the best keeper in the world now. No body would wanna lose this opportunity. Besides, Dida is old but he's still old and he'll soon retire. We should have a good replacement or don't u think so?
My Webpage

Dida doesn't seem like he wants to stay at Milan, the logical thing to do right know is to sell Dida because his contract will end next year that way we can sell him and not let him leave on a free transfer, I think Buffon is a must, we should jump on him right know and make him an offer he can't refuse. That way our mind will be rested about the goal keeper issue, and don't forget a good goal keeper gives great confidence to the defence and they will perform much better, last season our defense was shaky because basically they didn't trust their goalkeeper to make a simple catch

+Quote Post

dst
post Jul 17 2006, 08:59 PM
Post #7

Primavera
Group Icon

QUOTE (han2503 @ Jul 17 2006, 10:54 PM)
last season our defense was shaky because basically they didn't trust their goalkeeper to make a simple catch

and vice versa I have to say!!!!! (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jul 17 2006, 09:04 PM
Post #8

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (dst @ Jul 17 2006, 07:59 PM)

Yes the defense was not it's usual self last season especially in the first half after Maldini got injured it seemed that Nesta was starting to rely on him a bit too much but the defense always starts with a great goalkeeper that gives his backline confidence and last year we didn't have that at all since Dida was fumbling the simplest of balls

This post has been edited by han2503: Jul 17 2006, 09:04 PM

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Jul 17 2006, 09:27 PM
Post #9

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,865

So Gigi would like to stay in Italy and possibly even come to Milan!

Go Gigi go!!!

Gigi is der Mann! How do u say that in Italian??!!

Sorry I sound so kiddish...but since Milan don't seem to be chasing anyone world class, I was just so happy to hear at least the reverse was happening!

Again if I sound negative, I apologize, the whole Pirlo incident just got me worked up, I've just taken Zizou off a pedestal and put Andrea there and then this happens...so it's a very turbulent time if you're living inside my head (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post

dudernahata
post Jul 17 2006, 10:55 PM
Post #10

Esordienti B 96

Member No.: 572

yes we got buffon! its basically a done deal. buffon isnt going to inter so milan is the only choice.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jul 17 2006, 10:58 PM
Post #11

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (dudernahata @ Jul 17 2006, 09:55 PM)
yes we got buffon! its basically a done deal. buffon isnt going to inter so milan is the only choice.

I just hope Zambrotta thinks the same way Gigi does

+Quote Post

gal_kenny
post Jul 17 2006, 11:09 PM
Post #12

Giovanissimi Regionali B

QUOTE (han2503 @ Jul 17 2006, 09:58 PM)
I just hope Zambrotta thinks the same way Gigi does

I hope Zambrotta comes to milan but not madrid. If not real madrid might shock us and be the team of the coming season. But i don't think so.

This post has been edited by gal_kenny: Jul 17 2006, 11:10 PM

+Quote Post

dudernahata
post Jul 17 2006, 11:13 PM
Post #13

Esordienti B 96

Member No.: 572

QUOTE (gal_kenny @ Jul 17 2006, 03:09 PM)
I hope Zambrotta comes to milan but not madrid. If not real madrid might shock us and be the team of the coming season. But i don't think so.

well they certainly have all the players to be a super club. but for some reason i think it might not work. they dont have players like gattuso who dont dribble lke ronaldinho or zidane but have the heart that keeps the team going and with that the team plays harder to win with that desire. but in real madrid, they are just gonna be a bunch big headed superstars

+Quote Post

gal_kenny
post Jul 17 2006, 11:16 PM
Post #14

Giovanissimi Regionali B

QUOTE (dudernahata @ Jul 17 2006, 10:13 PM)
well they certainly have all the players to be a super club. but for some reason i think it might not work. they dont have players like gattuso who dont dribble lke ronaldinho or zidane but have the heart that keeps the team going and with that the team plays harder to win with that desire. but in real madrid, they are just gonna be a bunch big headed superstars

Have u noticed at one point chelsea tried to be like real madrid. Chelsea just wanted to buy all the star players which realmadrid did and it didn't take them anywhere. I want chelsea to be like realmadrid without any trophies.

+Quote Post

Portman
post Jul 17 2006, 11:16 PM
Post #15

Berretti

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 347

QUOTE (dudernahata @ Jul 17 2006, 10:13 PM)

Maybe if they get Emerson or Diarra things change...

About Buffon, well I think he's gonna be our keeper for next season. Just wait and see.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 11:06 PM