2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Calciopoli an Inter Set-up?, Could Inter have been the pushing force behind it all?

TriniKing_CE
post Oct 10 2008, 05:28 PM
Post #1

CrAzY EyeS

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,723

Calciopoli...Is it really Inter's doings? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif)
In the summer of 2006 the Calciopoli scandal rocked Italian football, leading to severe punishment of a whole host of top Serie A clubs, including Juventus, Milan, Lazio, Fiorentina and Reggina.

Juventus were the team most severely penalised, as they and former general manager Luciano Moggi were accused and found guilty of illegally influencing the Italian championship, including the referees.

The Bianconeri were stripped of their 2005 and 2006 Scudetti, the latter which was awarded to third placed Inter, while they were sent down to Serie B with an eventual nine point penalty. Milan, Fiorentina, Lazio and Reggina remained in the top-flight, albeit with point penalties.

Since then crisis numerous conspiracy theories have been spawned, and most of these have centred around Inter’s alleged involvement in ensuring that Juventus were severely punished.

The man who controlled the Calciopoli trial, Guido Rossi, was a former Inter employee and investor, while the chairman of Telecom Italia at the time (Marco Tronchetti Provera), the company who intercepted the phone calls that brought Juventus and the other teams down, is a big Inter shareholder and a close friend of Moratti. This had all led to claims by fans, in particularly Juventini, that Calciopoli was one big set-up arranged by Moratti and Inter to destroy Juve and change the balance of power in Italian football.

However, others will say that the facts remain that Juventus were found guilty in a court of law, and therefore they can have no complaints. For years and years they were suspected of wrongdoing, and eventually they paid for it. Moggi wielded his political power in an illegal way, and he controlled the Italian system through many people - referees, agents etc.

Nevertheless almost all Juventus fans refuse to recognise the legality of Calciopoli, and they have made it clear that they have won 29 Scudetti, and not the 27 that the Italian league now recognises. Chief executive Jean Claude Blanc today stated that one day the truth will be revealed about what really happened during Calciopoli.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

acid911
post Oct 10 2008, 05:47 PM
Post #2

Berretti

Member No.: 3,736

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif) I hope they get a prolonged taste of Serie B soon.

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post Oct 10 2008, 06:01 PM
Post #3

Primavera

Member No.: 1,265

Inter set-up? well, if that means Juve were completely innocent and were sent to Serie B for nothing, no. I don't agree with it. I think Juve got what they deserved.

But if that means Inter covered up their own wrongdoings, yes, most definitely!

+Quote Post

han2503
post Oct 10 2008, 07:32 PM
Post #4

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Oct 10 2008, 06:01 PM) *
Inter set-up? well, if that means Juve were completely innocent and were sent to Serie B for nothing, no. I don't agree with it. I think Juve got what they deserved.

But if that means Inter covered up their own wrongdoings, yes, most definitely!

I think this whole thing has been a very well established fact. As I previously said on numerous occasions, just by the fact of knowing who taped the evidential calls should scream at everyone how much cr@p this whole calciopoli trail is. Why would Tronchetti Provera tape the calls of a club he supports and is great friends with said club's owner? I think that's a no-brainer in itself.

Do I think Juve were innocent in all of this? No ofcourse not. Images still flash in my mind of games we played against them and against other teams that we lost points on because of the refereeing. That game against Juve in 04/05 at the Delle Alpi is a prime example of how much of an influence they had on the ref.

But do I think that Inter are the so called victims in all of this? Of course not, they were and still are as involved as Juve were in all of this. The only reason why they fell flat on their face everytime is because they are born losers and they put a stick in their own wheel.

Hopefully one day the truth will come out, but I'm not holding my breath for it to happen

This post has been edited by han2503: Oct 10 2008, 07:33 PM

+Quote Post

dst
post Oct 10 2008, 08:52 PM
Post #5

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 911

Of course Inter set it all up that's why they are the only ones that drove the smoke clean... doesn't the fact that they were given a Scudetto on paper while the previous one should have been given to Milan the same way prove it? Besides, the evidence against Juventus was not so severe; while everyone knows they've been doing behind-the-scenes work, what was presented on court did not justify the punishment they received...

Good post han. And...
QUOTE (han2503 @ Oct 10 2008, 09:32 PM) *
Hopefully one day the truth will come out, but I'm not holding my breath for it to happen

... we did not expect Juve to get uncovered did we?

This post has been edited by dst: Oct 10 2008, 08:54 PM

+Quote Post

Ry4n
post Oct 10 2008, 11:39 PM
Post #6

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 932

Inter to serie C1 , then buy Zanetti (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif) !!! then sell him back for .....actually tbh i dont want any of there players...

This post has been edited by rhy_A4: Oct 10 2008, 11:40 PM

+Quote Post

han2503
post Oct 11 2008, 12:03 PM
Post #7

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (dst @ Oct 10 2008, 07:52 PM) *
Of course Inter set it all up that's why they are the only ones that drove the smoke clean... doesn't the fact that they were given a Scudetto on paper while the previous one should have been given to Milan the same way prove it? Besides, the evidence against Juventus was not so severe; while everyone knows they've been doing behind-the-scenes work, what was presented on court did not justify the punishment they received...

Good post han. And...

... we did not expect Juve to get uncovered did we?

Agreed.

Not really no, but considering all the evidence came from taped calls that were made by a company that goes hand in hand with Inter... I'm not waiting for it to happen any time soon. But you never know. Something could just come out of nowhere and blind side us like calciopoli did. Hopefully we won't see Milan's name involved in any of it, no matter how minor the claims are (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

+Quote Post

I_Rossoneri
post Oct 11 2008, 02:30 PM
Post #8

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 558

Definitely a merda cover up. Unfortunately the meda did a good job of covering themselves, so I can't really see the truth emerging.

+Quote Post

acid911
post Oct 11 2008, 04:36 PM
Post #9

Berretti

QUOTE (I_Rossoneri @ Oct 11 2008, 06:30 PM) *
Definitely a merda cover up. Unfortunately the meda did a good job of covering themselves, so I can't really see the truth emerging.

The truth will come out. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) Just wait it out.

+Quote Post

Ry4n
post Oct 11 2008, 05:02 PM
Post #10

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 932

It will come and bite inter's snake in the *** !

This post has been edited by rhy_A4: Oct 11 2008, 05:03 PM

+Quote Post

acid911
post Oct 11 2008, 05:12 PM
Post #11

Berretti

QUOTE (rhy_A4 @ Oct 11 2008, 09:02 PM) *
It will come and bite inter's snake in the *** !

It will, even if it takes 50, or 100 years. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) Truth always finds a way out. Sometimes it's just late!

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Oct 13 2008, 09:08 AM
Post #12

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,865

So it was you, who killed Kennedy... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

+Quote Post

acid911
post Oct 13 2008, 03:04 PM
Post #13

Berretti

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Oct 13 2008, 01:08 PM) *
So it was you, who killed Kennedy...

Shush! You're gonna let out all my secrets, you curious pirate, you! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

+Quote Post

morgoth
post Oct 19 2008, 05:29 PM
Post #14

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 3,827

I think every big italian club has something to do with calciopoli, juve were relegated because, for obvious reasons, they were the ones who did the most, but it doesn't mean that Milan, merda or the ss did nothing at all. What the merda did is taking it into a court!

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Oct 20 2008, 09:04 AM
Post #15

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,865

It's called breaking omerta. Those b@st@rds will pay... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif)

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:32 PM