Tennie
post Sep 8 2008, 12:32 AM
Post #1

Token Girl
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 2,800

(from Channel 4. link)

Deco is convinced Ronaldinho and Milan can get back to the top of the sport together. “He’s so happy to be there.”

The two stars were sold by Barcelona this summer, with the Portuguese midfielder going to Chelsea.

“I spoke to Ronaldinho after the Olympics and he is so happy to be at Milan. Recently his time at Barca was a nightmare with everything that was said about him.

“I am sure he will return to his best and light up the football world. I saw him playing on television for the Rossoneri and, even if they lost to Bologna, he played a great game.

“You can tell he is starting to enjoy himself on the pitch again and that is crucial for someone like him and the whole squad.

“Milan are a great team and with the likes of Paolo Maldini, Kaka, Andriy Shevchenko, Alexandre Pato and Clarence Seedorf, I’m convinced they’ll win the Scudetto and next year get back into the Champions League.”

Deco had been linked with Serie A this season as well, but chose Phil Scolari’s Chelsea ahead of Jose Mourinho’s Inter.

“Chelsea’s offer was more interesting in every respect, as I really liked Scolari’s plans for the club,” he explained.

“I think that time and history will show our Barcelona was unjustly maligned,” Deco told Mundo Deportivo.

“I was a little surprised by the criticism, as perhaps someone was in a rush to find a scapegoat. Don’t forget we won two Liga titles and the Champions League by playing great football.”

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

acid911
post Sep 8 2008, 06:31 AM
Post #2

Berretti

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,736

Not very much, but I like the guy. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) Good interview. Plus he made a good choice in going to Chelsea as opposed to inter, even though it resulted in that Quaresma guy being in the town.

+Quote Post

morgoth
post Sep 8 2008, 02:20 PM
Post #3

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 3,827

So true, just look at R10's face when he plays, he's definitely heading back to the top (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 04:07 AM