Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Serie A - Week 16 Onwards, Milan - SPAL

X-Offender
post Mar 23 2019, 10:38 PM
Post #181

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,008

Piatek is a player who needs service. He can't create by himself. He's got good technique but he's not particularly good with the ball on his feet.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

William405
post Mar 24 2019, 01:28 PM
Post #182

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 7,239

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Mar 23 2019, 03:02 AM) *
Sheva had Cafu and Serginho on the flanks, Seedorf, Pirlo and Rui Costa to supply ... Who does Piatek have?

This is the problem we have when we draw comparisons.

Well said!

+Quote Post

Danny
post Mar 25 2019, 12:18 PM
Post #183

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,730

I feel like since I came back the good feeling and drive has gone somehow from you lot and it's back to Montella's Milan.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Mar 30 2019, 09:10 PM
Post #184

Rodriguez is absolute rubbish.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Mar 30 2019, 11:31 PM
Post #185

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Mar 30 2019, 09:10 PM) *
Rodriguez is absolute rubbish.

Suffered this one with Jack earlier - it's my contention since about 2012 we've signed one traditionally Milan-level player, and that's Piatek.

Everyone we signed in the big Chinese summer (2017) was absolute cr*p, or mediocre at best, and last summer I barely paid attention because it was much the same.

In short, we're a midtable side now, have been for fast approaching a decade (scary, right?) and we better get used to it because it's us now.

Look at all our 'best' players - Jack, Suso, Romagnoli - these are not great players, they're decent and no more. Best players get big clubs bidding big cash for them. Not sure a single one of these guys has had a single bid aimed at them.

Kakas, Seedorfs, Nestas they're miles off being.

As for Rod - has a good cross on him but that's it.

Yeah, we're sh*te (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Mar 30 2019, 11:46 PM
Post #186

I think it's pretty obvious we don't have any great players, haven't had some in a long while. If we did we wouldn't be struggling to qualify for the CL.

(Albeit, I must say, Romagnoli for me has the potential to become a top class defender.)

Anyway, the ref screwed us over big time tonight. Two clear penalties not given, especially the second one on Piatek.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Mar 31 2019, 11:33 AM
Post #187

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,564

But the way we played, the indolence and body language... sorry, we screwed us over ourselves primarily. This was a disastrous game in every possible way.

Nothing seems to work right now. Piatek is mostly denied service by the uninspired and mostly selfish Suso and Castillejo, Hakan has been his usual mediocre self now for a long time, Biglia and Bakayoko seem to be not working good together (no surprise there), while the defense finally started showing cracks and lost confidence. Donnarumma...well... no comment there.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Mar 31 2019, 11:38 AM
Post #188

Primavera
Group Icon

Oh and yes, if we don't win the next game and make a mentality change quickly we'll be spiraling down; Juventus and a double fixture against Lazio are coming up.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Mar 31 2019, 12:16 PM
Post #189

Has anyone read about the Gattuso-Leonardo situation? Looks like there's some friction going on all of a sudden. Some say that Leonardo has decided to sack Gattuso at season end and Gattuso has found out about it. Not good for the team right now.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Mar 31 2019, 06:01 PM
Post #190

Primavera
Group Icon

Read about this... in different ways. Not sure what to think. Leonardo’s handling stuff with the media is very undiplomatic and not especially helpful.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Mar 31 2019, 10:27 PM
Post #191

Allievi Nazionali

I was against Leo's return from the start, and I stand by that.

As for the pen, sorry, it wasn't. VAR got it correct.

+Quote Post

maldini03
post Apr 1 2019, 02:45 PM
Post #192

Esordienti A 95

Member No.: 2,029

QUOTE (Danny @ Mar 30 2019, 04:31 PM) *
Suffered this one with Jack earlier - it's my contention since about 2012 we've signed one traditionally Milan-level player, and that's Piatek.

Look at all our 'best' players - Jack, Suso, Romagnoli - these are not great players, they're decent and no more. Best players get big clubs bidding big cash for them. Not sure a single one of these guys has had a single bid aimed at them.

Yeah, we're sh*te (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

I agree with some of what you have said here but if you don't think Romagnoli is a great player you are way off the mark.

Also, your second comment nullifies the first, you're saying that if a big club threw $50M at us for Suso that would make him a great player? Players like Andy Carroll, Benteke, Mustafi, Bernardeschi have all gone for $40M+ does that make them all great players because someone wanted to splash some cash?

I'm not saying that these players are superstars on par with the Kakas, Pirlos, Maldinis, Shevchenkos, and Nestas of the world but that doesn't mean they are **** players who can't achieve anything. If you don't believe me check that Porto team that won the CL in 04, or the Italy team under Conte that made a run in the Euros to see what good coaching and a smart system can do. I'm not saying that this squad could win the CL but to toss them ALL aside as decent and no more is an overreaction. 9 out of 10 teams in the world would kill to have Romagnoli and the same goes for Donnaruma. Other players have amazing potential (See Calabria, Paqueta, Conti, Kessie, Bakayoko, Piatek).

I do agree that the Chinese summer was mostly just spending money for spending's sake and most of those players have not turned into what we thought they would be, but things are looking up with the new management and the transfers of Piatek, Paqueta (first great midfield purchase in a long time) and Bakayoko. As most things, the moves that were made look poor in hindsight but at the time they were considered to be smart signings. Calha was one of the more promising, dangerous playmakers in Germany, RR was a very highly regarded LB, Kessie had just put on a show in Serie A with Atalanta, Conti the same, Biglia was a calming presence and leader in midfield and Bonucci was considered by most as some of the best business of the summer.

I would argue that the real issue that we have had has been the lack of a coach with tactical nuance some creativity. I love Gattuso and I think he should be given the year to see what happens but he is not a tactical genius. He is a motivator which can only take you so far.

Overall we have had two poor games back to back where we seemed to have run out of ideas and dried up but this team is also lacking. We have 1 good creator from midfield and he is a kid coming into his own. Our team is very young, sometimes young teams struggle but we are most definitely on the upswing. Making CL and bringing in some reinforcements will do wonders for this squad. If we get back to winning ways there is still hope from this season. We are on track to meet our goals for the first time in a long time. Rome wasn't built in a day now is the time to be patient, not rash.

Hopefully we make the CL and when the summer comes we make savvy moves that help move the needle. We aren't winning the CL next year but it would be great if 1) we were in it and 2) we showed some fire and made some noise.

This post has been edited by maldini03: Apr 1 2019, 02:47 PM

+Quote Post

han2503
post Apr 2 2019, 06:10 PM
Post #193

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Mar 31 2019, 12:16 PM) *
Has anyone read about the Gattuso-Leonardo situation? Looks like there's some friction going on all of a sudden. Some say that Leonardo has decided to sack Gattuso at season end and Gattuso has found out about it. Not good for the team right now.

We'll see what happens, seems like the usual media speculation that happens any time results aren't going well

As for the general feeling around the team, I'm personally disheartened by such reaction from fans. You can't expect to win all the time. I personally saw these results happening at some point considering we weren't playing well since the Lazio game in the Coppa. We're going through a downturn in form, and that is disappointing do doubt. But it's not the end of the world just yet, so people need to chill a bit

There's already been a negative feeling around the club since the derby and the Kessie situation, people freaking out won't help the situation

Hoping for a good result today, but the sudden changes from Rino worry me, especially the Bakayoko on the side of midfield is especially bad imo

+Quote Post

han2503
post Apr 2 2019, 06:13 PM
Post #194

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (Danny @ Mar 31 2019, 10:27 PM) *
I was against Leo's return from the start, and I stand by that.

As for the pen, sorry, it wasn't. VAR got it correct.

Agreed about the penalty, he touched the ball. From the first angle I thought it was a pen, but from the other angle you can clearly see he got the ball first, and as soon as I saw that I knew he wasn't going to give it

I disagree about Leo though. His work so far speaks for itself

+Quote Post

William405
post Apr 2 2019, 07:04 PM
Post #195

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 7,239

Milan 1-0 Udinese

Gattuso's changes led to something positive.

+Quote Post

27 Pages V  « < 11 12 13 14 15 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:47 PM