Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 19/3/08 - Serie A - AC Milan vs. Sampdoria

Darunia
post Mar 20 2008, 12:09 AM
Post #256

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,240

He played on the weekend and he doesn't play games every 3 days. He was in the stands.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Bluesummers
post Mar 20 2008, 12:15 AM
Post #257

Allievi Nazionali

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 1,660

QUOTE (Darunia @ Mar 19 2008, 05:09 PM)
He played on the weekend and he doesn't play games every 3 days.  He was in the stands.

(IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/cry.gif)

+Quote Post

armiss
post Mar 20 2008, 12:17 AM
Post #258

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Member No.: 3,312

This is really good that Carlo finally react towards the age of players , so Galliani cant make more description that we are fine ,

and then he and Berlusconi must act !

+Quote Post

Tennie
post Mar 20 2008, 12:20 AM
Post #259

Token Girl
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 2,800

Unusually blunt postgame comments from Carletto. Translation on the fly so apologies in advance if I mess it up a bit.

"An ugly evening, we were all surprised with how we played. I thought that things were improving, instead we find ourselves at the lowest point of the season. We have lost a big chance. This attitude cannot be repeated, we cannot forget our values. When we think that the game is the resolution of all our problems, we're wrong. There are other components we can't forget like application and sacrifice and this was the key to the loss, not Kaka's substitution.

"Milan has quality, more than we did in 2002 when we also struggled to reach 4th place. Now enough playing around, we must answer with facts. We want 4th place, but we have to win it. At home, we've begun games too softly, except the one against Naples. We therefore have to end this negative trend and not think that it can all be resolved with pretty play. Against obstacles like this, Milan needs to be attentive, careful, and cynical. When the situation is compromised, heart is often not enough. In the second half today, we played better but it had all been compromised in the first half."

[here's the original]

Brutta serata, siamo tutti sorpresi dalla partita giocata. Pensavo che le cose stessero migliorando invece ci siamo trovati al punto più basso delle partite casalinghe. Nel primo tempo abbiamo giocato questa sfida con sufficienza e superficialità, abbiamo perso una grande occasione. Questo atteggiamento non dovrà ripetersi, noi non possiamo dimenticare certi valori. Quando pensiamo che il gioco sia la risoluzione di tutti i problemi ci sbagliamo, ci sono altre componenti che non possiamo dimenticare, come l'applicazione e il sacrificio, la chiave della sconfitta è stata questa e non credo che l'uscita di Kakà ci abbia condizionato."

"Il Milan ha qualità, maggiore di quella del 2002 quando faticammo ad arrivare quarti. Adesso basta chiacchiere, bisogna rispondere con i fatti, il quarto porto lo vogliamo, ma dobbiamo conquistarcelo. In casa abbiamo sempre iniziato le partite in maniera troppo soft, tranne quella con il Napoli, dobbiamo dunque dare una sterzata immediata a questo trend negativo e come detto non pensare che con il bel gioco si possa risolvere tutto. In una corsa ad ostacoli come questa serve un Milan attento, cinico e concreto. Quando la situazione poi è compromessa spesso il cuore non basta, nella ripresa oggi abbiamo certamente giocato meglio, ma tutto era già stata compromesso con il pessimo primo tempo

+Quote Post

m1ke
post Mar 20 2008, 12:26 AM
Post #260

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Carlo knows the score - the players need to step up.

+Quote Post

m1ke
post Mar 20 2008, 12:26 AM
Post #261

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Thanks for the great translation by the way Tennie (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/king.gif)

+Quote Post

armiss
post Mar 20 2008, 12:30 AM
Post #262

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Member No.: 3,312

QUOTE (m1ke @ Mar 20 2008, 03:56 AM)
Carlo knows the score - the players need to step up.

Exactly

+Quote Post

Tennie
post Mar 20 2008, 12:33 AM
Post #263

Token Girl
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,800

QUOTE (m1ke @ Mar 19 2008, 07:26 PM)
Thanks for the great translation by the way Tennie (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/king.gif)

Glad to help out (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/96.gif)

Anyway, I feel better working out my frustration with the team by doing the translation.

+Quote Post

MizNelson
post Mar 20 2008, 12:44 AM
Post #264

Dida per sempre

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 3,563

QUOTE (Tennie @ Mar 19 2008, 03:33 PM)
Glad to help out  (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/96.gif)

Anyway, I feel better working out my frustration with the team by doing the translation.

Thanks for the translation. You have to admit that Carlo, while he cares deeply about his players, more often than not doesn't try to pull punches in his postmatch interviews.

It seemed we played with a little more urgency in the second half, though I could be wrong. I had to skip out early to get a haircut. I've had a bad case of turf toe all week and practically had to limp to the subway station. (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

QUOTE (Tennie)
Ancelotti 7 - Deserves courage for picking the right Alberto

I know today's result is no laughing matter, but I thought that was cute. Don't ask me why.

This post has been edited by MizNelson: Mar 20 2008, 12:46 AM

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Mar 20 2008, 03:07 AM
Post #265

Prima Squadra

Member No.: 3,660

I wasn't able to see the game, sounds like that was a good thing. A missed opportinuty today, we need to win as many home games as possible and pick up a few points on the road to make 4th.

+Quote Post

Bluesummers
post Mar 20 2008, 03:26 AM
Post #266

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 1,660

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Mar 19 2008, 08:07 PM)
I wasn't able to see the game, sounds like that was a good thing. A missed opportinuty today, we need to win as many home games as possible and pick up a few points on the road to make 4th.

the way we played was shocking. We actually went on all out attack for once in the entire season!

+Quote Post

Portman
post Mar 20 2008, 01:17 PM
Post #267

Berretti

Member No.: 347

What a joke we've become.

+Quote Post

dst
post Mar 20 2008, 04:48 PM
Post #268

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 911

Oh Carlo was not positive... but how could he? Coaches can say such stuff? For God's sake... this is ridiculous!! He should be fired immediately!!!

... (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

These Carletto comments come with a special dedication: 'To all you coaches-don't-point-the-negative-stuff-people' (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post

18 Pages V  « < 16 17 18
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:32 PM