Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Ronaldo, Attacker

KillerMax
post Jan 31 2007, 08:06 PM
Post #16

Allievi Nazionali

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 1,388

He is 90kg. Whoever thinks he is not fat, think AGAIN!

It's on the official website.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jan 31 2007, 08:24 PM
Post #17

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (pKillerMax @ Jan 31 2007, 07:06 PM)
He is 90kg. Whoever thinks he is not fat, think AGAIN!

It's on the official website.

If he is as said 6ft 1 then we need to get him down to 75kg

+Quote Post

KillerMax
post Jan 31 2007, 08:28 PM
Post #18

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 1,388

QUOTE (han2503 @ Jan 31 2007, 01:24 PM)
If he is as said 6ft 1 then we need to get him down to 75kg

He is 183. If he can get his weight down to 80-82, he will be fine. If he can lose even more, that's even better. Just look how much Jankulovski, Maldini and Cafu weigh considering their heights. (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jan 31 2007, 08:46 PM
Post #19

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (pKillerMax @ Jan 31 2007, 07:28 PM)
He is 183. If he can get his weight down to 80-82, he will be fine. If he can lose even more, that's even better. Just look how much Jankulovski, Maldini and Cafu weigh considering their heights.  (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

75kg is the ideal weight to be when you are Ronie's hieght.

But if we can get him down in the region between 80 and 85 it would still be enough and a big improvement

This post has been edited by han2503: Jan 31 2007, 08:46 PM

+Quote Post

han2503
post Feb 1 2007, 02:44 PM
Post #20

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

RONIE TRAINS WITH TEAM

Ronaldo arrived at Milanello at 10.15 and went straight to the dressing rooms. He warmed up with the rest of the team and then underwent a personalized workout, running laps at various speeds around the field. Carlo Ancelotti followed Ronie closely throughout the session and every time the Brazilian stopped to rest the coach talked to him about how was doing and gave him some pointers. The coach and student seem to have a good relationship already established. Ronaldo's training session ended with sprints in the sandpit, under the watchful eyes of fitness coach Daniele Tognaccini and medical director Jean Pierre Meersseman.

It seems like we are already working on him as much as we can. (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/devil.gif)

(IMG:http://media2.acmilan.com/200701/5744_news.jpg)

Run fat boy run (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Just kidding arivan (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

This post has been edited by han2503: Feb 1 2007, 02:45 PM

+Quote Post

dst
post Feb 1 2007, 04:17 PM
Post #21

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 911

Jean Pierre Meersseman... I love that guy, he looks classy and a real professional! Something we mostly lack.

+Quote Post

arivanjj
post Feb 1 2007, 09:41 PM
Post #22

7th Heaven

Member No.: 821

Milan fans see Ronaldo's return as show, not substance

MILAN, Jan 31 (Reuters) - Ronaldo's move to AC Milan has left fans of the Serie A club distinctly unimpressed with many believing his return to the city has more to do with commercial reasons than his ability on the pitch.

AC Milan signed the Brazil striker from Real Madrid on an 18-month contract for 7.5 million euros ($9.7 million) on Tuesday.

"It's merely a commercial operation," Milan fan Giovanni Steccani, 48, said on Wednesday, adding that he doubted Ronaldo would match the performance of Ukrainian striker Andriy Shevchenko who left for Chelsea last year.

His comments were echoed by many Milan supporters at the club's official store where staff said they were receiving numerous requests for Ronaldo's red-and-black-striped jersey with the number 99.

It was not just Milan fans who were sceptical about the 30-year-old striker's move.

"They've already taken the commercial rights for his image," said 32-year-old Inter supporter Christian Giarnerio, who would not miss a game when Ronaldo played for his team from 1997 to 2002.

"Ronaldo has no motivation left," said Inter fan Davide Silenni, 16.

"Capello knows about football," he added, in reference to Real Madrid coach Fabio Capello, who criticised Ronaldo as being overweight and said the three-times FIFA World Player of the Year did not figure in his plans.

Other AC Milan fans were unhappy the club, who are ninth in the league, had bought a striker.

"We needed another defender," said Alessandro Reale, 56. "Nothing will change with Ronaldo."

However, some Milan fans believed Ronaldo would prove to be an asset to the side.

"I think he'll do well," said Rossano Mailini, 16. "Milan will get him in shape physically and he'll do an excellent job in the second half of the season."

Ronaldo, who is ineligible to play for Milan in Europe this season, scored 104 goals for Real since joining them in August 2002.

He was the club's leading scorer in each of his four previous seasons in Spain but had limited opportunities to shine following knee surgery after the World Cup last year.

Yahoo Sports

this is dissapionting to see!! (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/sleep.gif)

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Feb 1 2007, 11:28 PM
Post #23

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,008

I'm sure Ronnie will prove all them wrong! (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/devilsmiley.gif)

+Quote Post

han2503
post Feb 1 2007, 11:42 PM
Post #24

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Feb 1 2007, 10:28 PM)

Exactly.

+Quote Post

arivanjj
post Feb 2 2007, 06:57 AM
Post #25

7th Heaven

Member No.: 821

ACMILAN.COM: THE RONIE FACTOR

Ronaldo's arrival at Milan has seen www.acmilan.com's traffic quadruple with the number of unique users between January 30 and 31
(IMG:http://media2.acmilan.com/200701/5722_news.jpg)
MILAN - ACMilan.com's daily average for visits is one million. However, on the days around the official announcement that Ronaldo had joined, that figure increased immensely. In fact, between January 30 and 31, the average number of visits was four million.

The increment was greatly helped by the number of unique visitors. The daily average is around 40,000 subscribers but that number was joined by a good 200,000 a day over the period around the official announcement.

There was also a significant increase in traffic from abroad, with around 40% of the visitors logging on from outside Italy.

The whole of January 2007 was a record for www.acmilan.com, with a good 53 million pages visited.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Feb 2 2007, 01:32 PM
Post #26

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

When it was made official I told you guys the server had gone down.

+Quote Post

dst
post Feb 2 2007, 02:33 PM
Post #27

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 911

QUOTE (han2503 @ Feb 2 2007, 02:32 PM)
When it was made official I told you guys the server had gone down.

Really!?? (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/huh.gif)

... (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post

misha
post Feb 2 2007, 02:43 PM
Post #28

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 787

Ronaldo: I’m not finished!

Ronaldo is eager to prove that his glorious career is far from being over. “This is my challenge,” stated the new Milan striker.

The Brazilian was unveiled to the Press on Friday where he confirmed that he will wear the No 99 shirt and that joining the Rossoneri is a dream come true.

“I had received lucrative offers from Arabia, the MLS and I could have also chosen to stay in Madrid,” said Il Fenomeno.

“However, my move here is a challenge that I hope will prove to the world that my career has not ended.

“Being at Milan is very motivating for me and I want people to know that I am still a good player. Wearing this jersey is a dream for any footballer.”

One of the reasons for Ronaldo’s £5m switch was the lack of faith which Real Madrid boss Fabio Capello seemingly had for him.

“We never had any specific problem, but he did not have any trust in me and he never told me why. It was an ugly story, short and sad,” explained the South American.

Ronaldo was inevitably asked about his Inter past when he decided to walk out on the club in 2002 after the Nerazzurri had returned him to full fitness.

“My period with Inter was a very happy one, although it didn’t end well,” he added. “You mustn’t forget that I was sold because Hector Cuper asked the club to do so and that was where it ended.

“We all choose the road to take and I chose Milan. I hope I will do well for this club and its supporters, who have welcomed me in an incredible way.

“I wish [Inter owner Massimo] Moratti good luck and I will follow my path. I hope Inter supporters, who were on my side in the past, will respect me even now that I am their opponent.”

The striker is expected to make his debut in Sunday’s match with Ascoli, when Carlo Ancelotti might field him in the second half.

Football Italia

+Quote Post

han2503
post Feb 2 2007, 05:10 PM
Post #29

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

'THE PHENOMENON' PRESENTATION
2/2/2007 2:06:00 PM
The official press conference to present Ronaldo as a Milan player has taken place. Find out what the Brazilian star had to say along with Adriano Galliani's comments

ACMilan.com followed the press conference to present Ronaldo as a Milan player. The striker was accompanied by Milan chief executive Adriano Galliani at the event held in a hotel in central Milan. Read on to find out what 'The Phenomenon' and Galliani had to say.

ADRIANO GALLIANI: Good-day, if someone had not invented the word 'Phenomenon' you have to invent something but there isn't anything so 'Phenomenon' is better than nothing. Here is no use recapping what he has done. We wanted to sign him on August 23, unfortunately that did not happen, the conditions were not there. Anyway, we said good-bye to that but the second time finished well. For us, this is exclusively a technical operation, not a media campaign. The decision was taken with president Berlusconi, Ancelotti and the players. I am happy and proud. Now, I will let him speak.

RONALDO: Challenges are always the most important thing for me. I turned down money for the 'sporting' challenge. I turned down more money to move to Saudi Arabia and the United States. I could even have stayed at Real but Milan offered me a new challenge and I accepted that challenge. My story has not finished yet.

I have no doubts, I have my history which has been really wonderful. However, this challenge happened and I am pleased to be here. There were difficult moments in the negotiations but from the moment I joined Milan I accepted this challenge.

I spent five good years in Milan and I still have a lot of friends here. Then, it's a joy to play for Milan, it's a dream for any player.

Of course, I expect the respect from everyone, from those who were with me but are no longer there. Respect is the most important thing, my time with Inter was really wonderful but it finished badly. I was sold almost on the demand of the coach and it finished there. I am now back for a new challenge, an exciting challege, hopefully I will do really well for the fans.

Everyone has to take their own route, I selected the road to Milan and hopefully I will do really well for this club and the people who have welcomed me with such affection. I wish Moratti or anyone who feels offended, 'good luck' in their life. I have picked my way forward.

I have always respected the rules, I have always trained, I don't understand certain things Sacchi has said. But people talk and that happens. I have won a lot of trophies and I have never been gifted anything. I have won everything with sweat and sacrifice, hopefully I will continue to do that.

I believe that just being at Milan is a great motivation. I returned down economic offers which were a lot higher, that's a great motivation. Rather than money, I want to show everyone who I still am.

I am very pleased, the fans have received me with really great affection and I am sure things will improve, and slowly and surely I will start to score goals.

I am not interested in what others have to say. I am here now. I haven't heard from Vieri but I expect to soon. I still have to find a house, get settled and train. I haven't had time to speak to my friends so it's been a bit more difficult second time around. I have heard from Berlusconi and I was very pleased to speak to him. The match against Roma didn't go well but I am sure things will change.

I haven't spoken to Dunga about my international future, but that depends on what I do on the pitch not in conversation. I don't know when I will play, that depends on the coach and the trainers. I haven't played a game for a month, I have had some tests and it is going well.

I can't play in the Champions League, but the objective is to finish fourth in the league. Hopefully, I will play in the Coppa America, but my first objective is to do well at Milan. It was difficult to leave Milan the first time around, my son stayed but it wasn't a problem as I could come back when I was free. Maybe this time is was a bit more difficult. I will miss my friends but I have a lot here. I am not interested about Juve being in Serie B, I am only interested in Milan now.

It has been a great investment and I am convinced that it will go well to pay it back. I have seen a great environment in the dressing room, between the players and the coach. It's been a long time since I have seen that. I had no problems with Capello, he just didn't have faith in me, I wasn't able to play, he didn't say why and I didn't ask. It was ugly and sad.

GALLIANI: Ronaldo is in the collective imagination of all football followers. I had a great lunch with Capello on Wednesday and he said that Ronie is the player with the most ability of all the players he has coached. Capello has coached a lot. Ronaldo has made history in football. We are fortunate to have a player like Ronaldo at Milan. He is up there in terms of skill along with Maradona and Pelé. At one stage Ronaldo's lawyer told me that he may be taking too much of a salary cut to come to Milan but Leonardo called Ronie and he changed his mind. His motivation in the end was to continue to play at the highest level and it was not driven by money.

RONALDO: Me and Moratti always speak, I have never not taken his call. The last call was not to bring me to Inter, anyway, everything is in the past. I just think about scoring, not only about the derby. I am just back so I need time to see what has changed in Milan. However, I feel the same desire. There has been the same chat about my weight a thousand times, but it's not the most important thing for a footballer. The important thing is the lean mass to fat mass. I don't know how many goals I will score. I love to feel the responsibility, it's something I have always had in my life. I love playing. It's playing, not words that count.

Cassano knows what he needs to do. He's a good guy and a really great player. There will definitely be a lot of clubs in for him. I haven't had the chance to show what I can do over the last six months but hopefully I will here. I really want to do well. We all have the same objectives and of course it is pleasing to have Brazilians in the dressing room.

Ronaldinho-Ronaldo-Kakà? I don't know, I have just arrived and I have to win a place in the side so it would be disrespectful to my team-mates to ask for Ronaldinho. He's a great player but I have to win a place and then see if we can bring in some others.

+Quote Post

HasanHasanly
post Feb 2 2007, 05:18 PM
Post #30

Esordienti A 95

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 476

RONALDO TO WEAR NUMBER 99

2/2/2007

It is a double '9' for 'The Phenomenon'. Ronaldo will wear the number 99 shirt, A.C. Milan officially announced ahead of the press conference to present the Brazilian striker.

~

Who else thinks that he got the worst number ever?

+Quote Post

61 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 12:31 AM