Reply to this topicStart new topic
> OFFICIAL: Deschamps leaves Juve

Rossoneri7
post May 26 2007, 10:49 PM
Post #1

Smoking Bianco

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 191

It’s now official – Didier Deschamps has terminated his contract with Juventus “by mutual consent.”

There was confusion for almost 24 hours over the truth of the matter, as Sky TG24 announced at midnight on Friday that the Frenchman had tended his resignation.

The club released a statement today denying that was the case, but upon leaving the Stadio Olimpico after today’s 2-0 win over Mantova, Deschamps told journalists that he had indeed quit.

Late Saturday evening Juventus released another note. “Coach and club, realising that the conditions to continue the rapport with reciprocal satisfaction are not present, have decided for an amicable separation.”

This suggests that the termination is with immediate effect, so Deschamps is not expected to even sit on the bench for the remaining two Serie B games.

Juventus are already promoted and assured the Serie B title despite their nine-point Calciopoli penalty.

It’s rumoured Deschamps will replace Gerard Houllier at Lyon, while the hot favourite to take Juve into Serie A is World Cup winner Marcello Lippi.

Football Italia
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post May 26 2007, 10:50 PM
Post #2

Smoking Bianco

Juve are back, bt no DD .. Maybe Lippi.

+Quote Post

han2503
post May 26 2007, 10:51 PM
Post #3

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ May 26 2007, 09:50 PM)
Juve are back, bt no DD .. Maybe Lippi.

Definately Lippi

+Quote Post

arivanjj
post May 26 2007, 11:04 PM
Post #4

7th Heaven

Member No.: 821

bring them on~! with or without coach (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/huh.gif) (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

+Quote Post

misha
post May 26 2007, 11:13 PM
Post #5

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 787

That like I thought it would be. They needed someone to bring them back and now when they in Serie A they are looking for a big name

I think Deschamps will sign with Lyon

This post has been edited by mishale: May 26 2007, 11:19 PM

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post May 27 2007, 01:20 AM
Post #6

Prima Squadra

Member No.: 3,660

Wow, I've only just noticed this. Come as a bit of a shock.

Last I read it was all 'Didier is the future. In future records, next to Juventus you will see Deschamps'.

I think Lippi, any chance of a Capello return you reckons?

+Quote Post

misha
post May 27 2007, 02:09 AM
Post #7

Allievi Regionali B

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ May 27 2007, 03:20 AM)
I think Lippi, any chance of a Capello return you reckons?

Cappelo left Juve on bed terms (fight with Del Piero ect...) plus Cappelo don't know yet if he's staying at Real and Juve not gonna wait for him that long so it probably will be Lippi

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post May 27 2007, 02:11 AM
Post #8

Prima Squadra

QUOTE (mishale @ May 27 2007, 01:09 AM)
Cappelo left Juve on bed terms (fight with Del Piero ect...) plus Cappelo don't know yet if he's staying at Real and Juve not gonna wait for him that long so it probably will be Lippi

I'd be amazingly shocked if he stayed. They've been slamming him all season long, now he has the chance to disrespect them like he's been disrespcted this season, and 10 years ago. If I were him, I'd walk out and never come back.

+Quote Post

misha
post May 27 2007, 02:22 AM
Post #9

Allievi Regionali B

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ May 27 2007, 04:11 AM)
I'd be amazingly shocked if he stayed. They've been slamming him all season long, now he has the chance to disrespect them like he's been disrespcted this season, and 10 years ago. If I were him, I'd walk out and never come back.

It all depends if he the wins championship or not. If yes he will stay (after all it's Real Madrid. Every coach dreams to be there, plus when you win everything looks good to you and I think he still wants to prove that he can survive there for a while). If not the will throw him out. In any case, he won't be in Juve any time soon

+Quote Post

Warchant
post May 27 2007, 05:36 AM
Post #10

Giovanissimi Nazionali
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 703

Juve denies Deschamps resignation reports

TURIN, Italy (AP) - Juventus has denied an Italian TV station's claim that coach Didier Deschamps has resigned.

"Juventus has not received any notice of resignation from Didier Deschamps," the club said Saturday on its Web site. "Therefore, the coach will be on the bench as usual for today's match with Mantova."

Italy's Sky Tg24 reported late Friday that Deschamps had resigned during a meeting with club CEO Jean-Claude Blanc. According to the report, Deschamps will leave at the end of the season.

Sky acknowledged Juve's statement Saturday, but said it was just a delay tactic - perhaps until after Saturday's game when a formal, written resignation is received.

"Blanc will continue the discussions, which already began during the week, to quickly clear up the matter with (Deschamps)," the club's statement concluded.

Sky Tg24 said Saturday that Deschamps had insisted on two conditions to stay - a contract extension and more power over acquisitions - which weren't accepted.

A former Juventus player, Deschamps was hired last summer in the middle of a match-fixing trial that resulted in Juventus being relegated to Serie B.

Juventus clinched promotion to Serie A last weekend.

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post May 27 2007, 10:05 AM
Post #11

Smoking Bianco

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ May 27 2007, 04:11 AM)

Yes, I think Capello would win the league, then walk out on Madrid, he's Italian. It is a matter of price (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

+Quote Post

whoarethepatriot...
post May 27 2007, 12:18 PM
Post #12

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 782

Would Juve fans take Capello back though?

+Quote Post

Locke Lamora
post May 27 2007, 12:37 PM
Post #13

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 3,499

If you want to be Juve coach, you don't mess with Del Piero.
I think Lippi will take over.

+Quote Post

Portman
post May 27 2007, 01:10 PM
Post #14

Berretti

Member No.: 347

Wippi for sure.

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post May 27 2007, 03:39 PM
Post #15

Prima Squadra

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ May 27 2007, 09:05 AM)
Yes, I think Capello would win the league, then walk out on Madrid, he's Italian. It is a matter of price (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)   (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

I think he will walk out on them. What's he got to prove?

2 years, 2 league titles. And he built the foundation of the 'galatico's' era.

Capello > Madrid.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:07 AM