Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Summer Transfers 2014

X-Offender
post Feb 6 2014, 01:30 PM
Post #31

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,008

Mediaset reports that Juve have reached an agreement for Fernando Reges, whereas Vidic has already signed for Inter. They were both our objectives.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

acid911
post Feb 6 2014, 02:36 PM
Post #32

Berretti

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,736

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Feb 6 2014, 06:30 PM) *
Mediaset reports that Juve have reached an agreement for Fernando Reges, whereas Vidic has already signed for Inter. They were both our objectives.

Oh, that's just grand. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

+Quote Post

han2503
post Feb 6 2014, 02:49 PM
Post #33

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (il_diavolo_mtl @ Feb 5 2014, 08:38 PM) *
Read on FIF that we are after Van der Vaart, end of contract and Seedorf might work his magic...

Meh, he's past his best, if this was a few years ago sure. Having said that I always preferred Sneijder over him.

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Feb 6 2014, 01:30 PM) *

Meh, again, Vidic is a player that I'd have wanted to see with us a few years ago. Now he's deteriorated badly. Let Inter get him, I'd rather we go after someone in his early twenties that's showing talent

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Feb 6 2014, 03:12 PM
Post #34

QUOTE (han2503 @ Feb 6 2014, 02:49 PM) *
Meh, again, Vidic is a player that I'd have wanted to see with us a few years ago. Now he's deteriorated badly. Let Inter get him, I'd rather we go after someone in his early twenties that's showing talent

I think we should convince Mexes to halve his wages, from €4 million to €2 million or so. Given our financial resources, we simply cannot aim for a better defender.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Feb 6 2014, 04:07 PM
Post #35

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Feb 6 2014, 03:12 PM) *
I think we should convince Mexes to halve his wages, from €4 million to €2 million or so. Given our financial resources, we simply cannot aim for a better defender.

I've been saying this for a while. But given that Seedorf isn't using him, this while he's on a 4m wage, I don't think keeping him in general (no matter what he's getting paid) is in the plans for them

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Feb 6 2014, 04:25 PM
Post #36

QUOTE (han2503 @ Feb 6 2014, 04:07 PM) *
I've been saying this for a while. But given that Seedorf isn't using him, this while he's on a 4m wage, I don't think keeping him in general (no matter what he's getting paid) is in the plans for them

We don't know that yet. I think the problem is his wage rather than his skills. Maybe not playing him is like a warning, either earn less or GTFO.

+Quote Post

il_diavolo_mtl
post Feb 6 2014, 06:30 PM
Post #37

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,245

QUOTE (han2503 @ Feb 6 2014, 10:49 AM) *
Meh, he's past his best, if this was a few years ago sure. Having said that I always preferred Sneijder over him.

2013/14 German Bundesliga
GAMES........GOALS.......ASSISTS

Your opinion, but who else amongst our 3 AMs is scoring a goal every second game and an assist every third?

The only thing i would say agaisnt this is that, with a squad likely to missout on european footy next near, how big do we want the squad to be...

This post has been edited by il_diavolo_mtl: Feb 6 2014, 06:31 PM

+Quote Post

dst
post Feb 6 2014, 07:00 PM
Post #38

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 911

QUOTE (milanbuf88 @ Feb 6 2014, 02:47 AM) *
Getting rid of Abate would be a terrible move. He's a starter for the National team, a Milan youth product, entering his prime years as a footballer, and doesn't make a huge amount. I like Urby and I think he should get an extension but we shouldn't be sacrificing Abate for him.

If we can get good money for him I'd let him go.

QUOTE (KillerMax @ Feb 6 2014, 03:20 AM) *
Yeah, it's nonsense. There are SO many ahead of him that need to go.

True but they can't get us any money.

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Feb 6 2014, 12:30 PM) *

Didn't Reges sign for Manchester?

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Feb 6 2014, 03:25 PM) *
We don't know that yet. I think the problem is his wage rather than his skills. Maybe not playing him is like a warning, either earn less or GTFO.

That's stupid, mob-like behavior. We're obviously hurting our team in the process if that's true. And I would not personally wanna play for a team that chose this path.

QUOTE (il_diavolo_mtl @ Feb 6 2014, 05:30 PM) *
The only thing i would say agaisnt this is that, with a squad likely to missout on european footy next near, how big do we want the squad to be...

Good point. It's also who wants to come to Milan right now. We're a mess. And have been since last year. We're not an attractive destination right now. And many agents would advice their young, aspiring clients against joining us. We can't get many of them, if any.

+Quote Post

il_diavolo_mtl
post Feb 6 2014, 07:09 PM
Post #39

Giovanissimi Nazionali

QUOTE (dst @ Feb 6 2014, 03:00 PM) *
Good point. It's also who wants to come to Milan right now. We're a mess. And have been since last year. We're not an attractive destination right now. And many agents would advice their young, aspiring clients against joining us. We can't get many of them, if any.

I would have agreed with this pre-seedorf. I think this technocratic leadership has some player-appeal (espescially if you're dutch). I read the other day that even Stam would consider leaving his directorial position at Ajax if Milan made a good offer....just to be an assistant manager! Even Crespo has openly said he"d love to join us, though i suspect he<s fishing for a managerial position elsewhere...

For the likes of the current generation of dutch players neering the end of their careers, i don<t know that Seedorf would be enough to secure them, but in dreaming a bigger dream, the young dutch midfielder or young dutch defender, given a chance to play for a big club that no longer has the money to block it's holes with copious market spending, that has offered more and more oppurtunities to young players, we might be a chance worth taking...

Just think of all the argentinian starlets that must have growth idolizing Crespo, presented a chance to be coached by him and become close to him at a huge club where the stadium can fit up to 80k screaming fans....it's quite something

This post has been edited by il_diavolo_mtl: Feb 6 2014, 07:09 PM

+Quote Post

han2503
post Feb 6 2014, 07:12 PM
Post #40

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (il_diavolo_mtl @ Feb 6 2014, 06:30 PM) *
2013/14 German Bundesliga
GAMES........GOALS.......ASSISTS

Your opinion, but who else amongst our 3 AMs is scoring a goal every second game and an assist every third?

Well his stats look good, but he's not the player he used to be. Add to that he's on the same level as Kaka and Honda, what we need to elevate our attack to the next level is a real quality winger, not another slow AM

QUOTE (dst @ Feb 6 2014, 07:00 PM) *
That's stupid, mob-like behavior. We're obviously hurting our team in the process if that's true. And I would not personally wanna play for a team that chose this path.

I don't think so.

I think the club needs to finally get some b@lls with regards to dealing with players. We cannot afford to let things slide as usual. 2m per year over the next 3 years or so is still a very generous contract offer for Mexes. If he doesn't want to take it then it should be made clear that we'll be looking elsewhere. On the other hand the passive behaviour shown when dealing with the likes of Mesbah, Traore and now Constant, players who we want to sell but can't because they want to stay and earn their wages shows that we still haven't learnt our lesson. Look at what Mourinho constantly does when he doesn't want a player anymore and that player clings on. Banishes him from the squad and doesn't even allow him to train with the rest, Juve are now doing the same thing with Quagliarella. No it's not "classy" behaviour, but there's no more room left for classy, especially when we've thrown classy out the window in every other area. When Constant rejected that move he should have been given an ultimatum, either accept or suffer the consequences. Because if the club doesn't do this, we'll continue to be taken for a ride

+Quote Post

dst
post Feb 6 2014, 10:29 PM
Post #41

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 911

QUOTE (han2503 @ Feb 6 2014, 06:12 PM) *
I don't think so.

I think the club needs to finally get some b@lls with regards to dealing with players. We cannot afford to let things slide as usual. 2m per year over the next 3 years or so is still a very generous contract offer for Mexes. If he doesn't want to take it then it should be made clear that we'll be looking elsewhere. On the other hand the passive behaviour shown when dealing with the likes of Mesbah, Traore and now Constant, players who we want to sell but can't because they want to stay and earn their wages shows that we still haven't learnt our lesson. Look at what Mourinho constantly does when he doesn't want a player anymore and that player clings on. Banishes him from the squad and doesn't even allow him to train with the rest, Juve are now doing the same thing with Quagliarella. No it's not "classy" behaviour, but there's no more room left for classy, especially when we've thrown classy out the window in every other area. When Constant rejected that move he should have been given an ultimatum, either accept or suffer the consequences. Because if the club doesn't do this, we'll continue to be taken for a ride

I'm not talking about Constant or any other Milan or Mourinho reject. I'm talking about Mexes. We can't afford not to play Mexes. Unless you learned to like Bonera.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Feb 6 2014, 10:50 PM
Post #42

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (dst @ Feb 6 2014, 10:29 PM) *
I'm not talking about Constant or any other Milan or Mourinho reject. I'm talking about Mexes. We can't afford not to play Mexes. Unless you learned to like Bonera.

No, of course I know that. I've been harping on about that for months now, ever since Bonera had his "miracle" run of a handful of decent games and suddenly some wanted him starting games.

But having said that, we also need to look at this from a financial and business perspective.

We don't know what's going on, if it's really Seedorf not taking a liking to him for whatever reason and he's already decided that he wants him sold, then we can't do anything about it. Best to sell him in the summer. We could easily get 10 to 12m for him, even more if Monaco are really interested.

But if this is as x-off said, an internal battle due to contract issues. Then yes, I do think that the club should stand their ground. Why? Because he'll be a free agent soon enough, and either he stays WITH an extension AND a reduced wage or he's sold in the summer, we can't afford to either lose him for free or keep him on the bench while earning the money he is.

Footballing wise. Yes, we cannot afford to have a player of his quality on the bench while Bonera makes an @ss out of himself on a weekly basis. But in either case, a decision needs to be made sooner rather than later, and benching him could force his hand either way.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Feb 7 2014, 01:00 AM
Post #43

Mexes should be played alongside Rami till the end of the season. Then Galliani has to make it clear to him that either he cuts his wage, or he gets sold and we look elsewhere for a replacement. Mexes is the best defender we've got, but €4 million is too much for our pockets.

+Quote Post

il_diavolo_mtl
post Feb 7 2014, 04:07 AM
Post #44

Giovanissimi Nazionali

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Feb 6 2014, 09:00 PM) *
Mexes should be played alongside Rami till the end of the season. Then Galliani has to make it clear him that either he cuts his wage, or he gets sold and we look elsewhere for a replacement. Mexes is the best defender we've got, but €4 million is too much for our pockets.

Agreed,

Although I think by shrinking the squad size we don't have to bully a good performer. Besides why would any elite(or as elite as we can manage) want to play for us when we go after them screaming fowl one year into a contract we drafted. Sell the pulp and we will have MORE than enough to keep him...

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Feb 7 2014, 10:14 AM
Post #45

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Feb 7 2014, 03:00 AM) *
Mexes should be played alongside Rami till the end of the season. Then Galliani has to make it clear to him that either he cuts his wage, or he gets sold and we look elsewhere for a replacement. Mexes is the best defender we've got, but €4 million is too much for our pockets.

+1

+Quote Post

154 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:14 PM