Jack Sparrow
post Apr 15 2016, 10:12 AM
Post #31

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,865

^^

Yes I agree with you. We weren't really going anywhere from a progress perspective once a few key players got hurt. We were probably going to be predictable soon.

In a way, now was the perfect time to hire Brocchi, to test him out. Because the remaining games of the season are actually a beautiful selection of games.

We have some easy ones, some moderate ones and then finally two big tests with Roma and Juve at the end. The immediate few games for any new coach are pretty easy to deal with.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

han2503
post Apr 15 2016, 05:30 PM
Post #32

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (maldini03 @ Apr 15 2016, 02:14 AM) *
Although I am against his sacking, I think he kind of got lucky. The team got hot after Niang came back and after he got injured again the wheels have fallen off. Things got stale and he didn't adjust. I blame this on the team not being among the best, but the coach must take some responsibility as well.

The team began to play well when we went with Donna; Abate,Alex, Romagnoli, Antonelli; Honda, Monto, Kucka, Bona: Niang, Bacca. We kept playing well as Berto absorbed some of the blow of Kucka, then we lost Monto and Niang and everything fell apart.

I hardly think Niang is an integral cog in the team.

I do however agree that the slump in form coincided with Monto getting injured when he was finally starting to play really well again. Probably some of his best games since his first season with us.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Apr 15 2016, 06:45 PM
Post #33

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

Niang was integral not by quality but for what he could/could have done. Adriano is a pure striker, and didn't work in combination with Bacca. Menez is still not the old from last season, but he also is in a tactical sense very needy.

Niang offers hard work on the flank, he uses his space and isn't slow. I think SES would suit just fine in this spot, if he was ours. I hope we'll give him another shot.

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Apr 15 2016, 06:53 PM
Post #34

Group Icon

Yeah exactly. So obviously instead of a Niang if it had been Suarez, we would have rocked. The thing is, I sort of see that we perhaps couldn't have progressed beyond a 6th place team, because there wasn't the innovation to bring out the best in these players. At the same time, I only worry about this constant instability.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Apr 15 2016, 07:05 PM
Post #35

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

Mentality. We picked up a loser mentality. No confidence, no healthy body language, no continuity. We need more leaders in our team, especially the midfield. And we need a true captain, someone who can lead by example.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Apr 15 2016, 08:25 PM
Post #36

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

Btw guys, what do you think about the new rumours of a Chinese group of investors buying a stake in the Club? Seems pretty advanced from what I've read...

I think Bee would have most likely been a total mess, so glad we managed to get out of that, and China really is where the money's at atm, so hopefully something finally goes well for us.

It's now been reported that our revenue has gone down and our expenses have gone up, which is perfectly expected as we're a club playing like a mid-table team while still spending like a top one

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Apr 18 2016, 07:22 AM
Post #37

Group Icon

We have too many players on the squad still. I'd like us to keep working on trimming that fat.

We also need to seriously look at sending a few players off on loans. Maybe like a 2 year loan or something, similar to what's happened with Berardi.

About the Chinese investors, let's see how it goes. I mean, Inter's takeover hasn't anywhere been as impactful as when the Arab investors took over PSG and City. Thohir is struggling for cash, and it's just been a couple of years.

The only thing here is the credibility of the middle man is way above that of Bee.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 02:54 PM