4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Coppa Italia 17/18 - All Matches - Milan - Juventus, Date: 31/01/2018 Time: 21:00 CET

Jack Sparrow
post Dec 28 2017, 12:41 PM
Post #16

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,865

QUOTE (han2503 @ Dec 28 2017, 05:57 AM) *
Hopefully this can be used as a spring board for the rest of the season starting with the game against Fiorentina next Saturday

Cutrone definitely has that deadly instinct

But what's been impressing me most about him is his work on and off the ball outside of the penalty box. He's very strong and skilful, and I'm happy to say that I misjudged him when I thought he was simply a poacher when he first came onto the scene

..which begs the question why have two coaches still insisted on having Kalinic start??!!! Ugh!!

But man, what a win! I deliberately chose not to watch coz I was sure I'd just bring bad luck. Phew! But mostly I loved Rino's press bite. Unlike all our past coaches, he seems very direct and self-aware.

“We were coming off a negative period, so this game was fundamental,” the Coach told Rai Sport.

“I knew from day one what I was going into with the Milan job. It’s a big club that won for many years and changed a lot of players recently. We are struggling, but this side has quality and was at times missing that bile. We showed tonight that we can battle it out and then the quality emerges.

“I want to compliment all the lads. I won everything as a player, but as a Coach I’m well aware that I’m just starting out. I worked in Cyprus, at Pisa, I’ve been through it all, but I am happy not at Milan and the club is planning things very well.

“In January I’ll turn 40, so I still think like a player, believing that with hunger and a sense of belonging, you can go far.

“I don’t hold back, if I have something to say to someone, I’ll say it to their face. There’s a lot of work to be done, we’d be hypocrites to say this victory resolves all our problems, but it does give us some breathing room.

“Perhaps I am the worst Coach in Serie A, but I always want to win, even playing in the garden with my son
. I want my lads to prove that what I saw tonight was not a fluke, then we’ll take it one game at a time.

“Now there are two difficult games coming up in Serie A and we need points to climb the table. I didn’t see much difference between this performance and the defeat to Atalanta. Some might call me crazy for saying that. We had the game with Verona in hand too until we conceded the first goal like dummies.

“This is a team that does well until it runs into the first hurdle and today we overcame the hurdles.”

I like that he says the win doesn't mean a big deal and is just some room to breathe. He also says he's aware of where he stands in the coaching hierarchy but also what he brings to the table.

Anyway,I also understand his subs were spot on? Hakan and Cutrone made a huge difference in place of the players who he replaced. That's pretty amazing.

Anyway, a great win to be cherished. I can honestly say this win has exorcises Benevento for me, though the points we lost there will hurt us for sure come the end of the season.

In other news, Montella will move to Sevilla as coach soon. Good in a way. We're not paying his wages anymore.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jan 31 2018, 09:53 PM
Post #17

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

Anyone watching the game?

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Jan 31 2018, 09:53 PM
Post #18

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,008

Me.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jan 31 2018, 10:18 PM
Post #19

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jan 31 2018, 09:53 PM) *
Me.

Night and day performance compared to Sunday. The players all look tired

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Jan 31 2018, 10:44 PM
Post #20

QUOTE (han2503 @ Jan 31 2018, 10:18 PM) *
Night and day performance compared to Sunday. The players all look tired

Yep.

Good result. Though how the f*** did Hakan miss that open goal?!

+Quote Post

amancik
post Jan 31 2018, 10:48 PM
Post #21

Milanfan to Death

Member No.: 11

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Feb 1 2018, 06:44 AM) *
Yep.

I think it's a positive result too. The team improved slightly in the second half. Defence did well tonight.

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Feb 1 2018, 04:04 PM
Post #22

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,865

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Feb 1 2018, 05:14 AM) *
Yep.

I read on twitter that we basically throttled one of the most free-scoring teams in Serie A. I'm just glad that Rino has shored up that defence.

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Feb 1 2018, 06:08 PM
Post #23

Smoking Bianco

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 191

Game by game, Ringo is proving he is the right man for this crucial period. Results are secondary at this point, primary goal is to get this team to function as a team. Something beautiful.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Feb 2 2018, 09:13 PM
Post #24

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

I hope you're right guys. I'm still very skeptical.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Feb 2 2018, 09:20 PM
Post #25

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Feb 2 2018, 09:13 PM) *

Well, it's true that we've been playing better in the last few games than through the rest of the season. Doesn't mean our problems have been solved, though.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Feb 2 2018, 09:27 PM
Post #26

Primavera
Group Icon

Somehow I don't see this team achieve anything. Tbh I'm not blaming Montella much; yes he experimented, but rightly so. We all hailed for a 3 man defense for God sake!

And whereas the other seasons were mostly stained by lack of quality and depth, this season should have been a clear step into another direction. But if I'm concerned this is the worst Milan offered in years. In terms of footballing skills, in terms of attractiveness, results, you name it.

We've lost or played a tie against all major opponents and rivals bar Lazio a week ago. We've conceded the same amount of goals we scored. None of the new players showed much promise or and leader material. I think our management hit the wrong mixture and next summer we'll again have to cross of 7-8 players and begin yet another cycle of rebuilding, scouting, signing, etc.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Feb 2 2018, 09:37 PM
Post #27

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Feb 2 2018, 09:27 PM) *
We all hailed for a 3 man defense for God sake!

I didn't! Was always against it.

And whereas the other seasons were mostly stained by lack of quality and depth, this season should have been a clear step into another direction. But if I'm concerned this is the worst Milan offered in years. In terms of footballing skills, in terms of attractiveness, results, you name it.

I think the worst Milan was by far that of Inzaghi. I mean, our last 4-5 seasons have been absolutely disastrous, but Inzaghi's season has got to take the cake. Especially his post-interviews were vomit-inducing. Made me dislike a guy I adored for years.

We've lost or played a tie against all major opponents and rivals bar Lazio a week ago. We've conceded the same amount of goals we scored. None of the new players showed much promise or and leader material. I think our management hit the wrong mixture and next summer we'll again have to cross of 7-8 players and begin yet another cycle of rebuilding, scouting, signing, etc.

Can't say we don't have potential. Unlike past seasons, I think all our players are good players. It's just, we lack a couple of TOP players in midfield/attack to make the difference. As much as I like Suso, he's not a top player. And neither is Bonaventura. We need a Modric, a Hazard, a Dybala, a Suarez. Players that win you games single-handedly. Since Ibra, we've sorely missed that type of player.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Feb 2 2018, 09:43 PM
Post #28

Primavera
Group Icon

Perhaps.

And I'm saying this is the worst Milan having in mind the amount of money we spent, amount of experienced players, etc.

Yes, we played bad under Pippo, but the team selection was much worse back then and we still didn't manage to get as embarrassed as against Verona, Benevento...

+Quote Post

han2503
post Feb 3 2018, 08:28 PM
Post #29

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jan 31 2018, 10:44 PM) *
Yep.

I was shocked for a clear minute after he skied that. I guess he was coming in fast and hit it too hard as well as got a bit under it

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Feb 1 2018, 04:04 PM) *
I read on twitter that we basically throttled one of the most free-scoring teams in Serie A. I'm just glad that Rino has shored up that defence.

Meh, we were lethargic and slow in the first half, not much better in the second but managed to combine a bit more.

That being said, I think tiredness was the biggest factor. Players like Biglia, Jack and Suso looked out of it right from the offset, we did much better when Rino switched things around to a 4-4-2 in the second half and managed to make Lazio work a bit more

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Feb 2 2018, 09:13 PM) *

I'm sceptical too and I definitely do not see Rino as a solution for the long run. But talking about this season which was already down the toilet before Montella was even sacked, I'm happy with the improvements I'm seeing each week. I like that we're seeing individuals also improving a lot since Rino took over whereas before they were terrible under Montella and within the system he was using.

Guys like Kessie, Hakan, Biglia and Bona have really shown notable improvement in their performances and I don't see this as a coincidence that this coincided with the change in coach

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Feb 3 2018, 09:39 PM
Post #30

Primavera
Group Icon

Well...we all saw "improvements" under Montella as well, up to the point where the improvements stopped.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 09:31 AM