4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Coppa Italia 17/18 - All Matches - Milan - Juventus, Date: 31/01/2018 Time: 21:00 CET

han2503
post Dec 13 2017, 03:21 PM
Post #1

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

We'll keep all Coppa discussion in this one thread considering the very low activity in the forum atm
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Dec 13 2017, 05:15 PM
Post #2

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,865

Must win for momentum, so I expect a few starters to be present. Also expect a 4-3-3 formation.

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Dec 14 2017, 12:07 AM
Post #3

Group Icon

Wow. Looks like we played pretty good after a long while and it was a pretty comfortable win. The only despicable thing was the ultras banner etc. Talk about premature. Apparently Gigio was in tears in the dressing room and Bonucci lifted him up.

Also I didn't watch the game deliberately and we seem to have won! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

We now face Inter in the Coppa quarters on Dec 27th. I swear if we win it, I will happily forget the Benevento debacle.

Next game is Verona again this weekend!

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Dec 14 2017, 06:52 PM
Post #4

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,008

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Dec 14 2017, 12:07 AM) *
The only despicable thing was the ultras banner etc. Talk about premature. Apparently Gigio was in tears in the dressing room and Bonucci lifted him up.

What did you expect after what happened? The ultras never forgive these kind of things.

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Dec 15 2017, 11:34 AM
Post #5

Group Icon

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Dec 15 2017, 01:22 AM) *
What did you expect after what happened? The ultras never forgive these kind of things.

The ultras are an entitled bunch. With the management, Raiola and Gigio denying it they look like scum who made the club look bad.

At the same time Raiola alleges this to be a conspiracy by Mirabelli to distract from the disaster that is his technical plan.

Tbh, I'm really close to getting on the Mirabelli out wagon. Can't think of a single player he's brought in who's been a difference maker for us.

I hate to say it, but Galliani and co. would have done a better job with 250 million to spend.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Dec 15 2017, 09:50 PM
Post #6

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Dec 15 2017, 11:34 AM) *
I hate to say it, but Galliani and co. would have done a better job with 250 million to spend.

That's highly questionable.

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Dec 18 2017, 12:32 PM
Post #7

Group Icon

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Dec 16 2017, 04:20 AM) *
That's highly questionable.

I dunno man. I know I'm setting standards a little low, but can we really debate the following in terms of impact:

Bacca vs Kalinic/Silva
Bonaventura vs. Hakan
Suso vs Kessie
Romagnoli vs Mussachio

I don't know anymore. It looks so disjoint the strategy. And I've really lost patience in Mirabelli's 'technical project' whatever the hell it is

I had gripes about hiring him in the beginning, like most people I got blinded by the gloss of our transfer window. I even forgave a few 'huh?' transfers like Hakan and Borini, but look where we are now. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Dec 18 2017, 09:46 PM
Post #8

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Dec 18 2017, 12:32 PM) *
I dunno man. I know I'm setting standards a little low, but can we really debate the following in terms of impact:

Bacca vs Kalinic/Silva
Bonaventura vs. Hakan
Suso vs Kessie
Romagnoli vs Mussachio

I don't know anymore. It looks so disjoint the strategy. And I've really lost patience in Mirabelli's 'technical project' whatever the hell it is

I had gripes about hiring him in the beginning, like most people I got blinded by the gloss of our transfer window. I even forgave a few 'huh?' transfers like Hakan and Borini, but look where we are now. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

There are two ways at which you can re-build a team.

One is the thought of building an entire team from scratch. You get a bunch of dependable players who've all performed very well for their respective clubs. You sign them early in the summer campaign so they've got the time to gel, and by the start of the season you have a new, fresh team ready to deliver. Quantity over quality.

The other is the thought of getting 3-4 good players (Musacchio, Kessie, Rodriguez) coupled with 2-3 marquee signings (say, Bonucci, Fabregas and Aubameyang). Quality over quantity.

Mirabelli went for the former. Was he wrong? In hindsight, yes. But I think we were all more or less happy with our signing campaign this summer. The problem is that the players didn't gel as hoped, and I think most of that falls on Montella. He was not able to build the team with the players he was delivered.

In the end, we're in the same position if not worse as last season, but with the "slight" difference of having spent almost 250M. Now the damage has been done, it cannot be controlled any further.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Dec 27 2017, 05:12 PM
Post #9

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Dec 18 2017, 09:46 PM) *
There are two ways at which you can re-build a team.

One is the thought of building an entire team from scratch. You get a bunch of dependable players who've all performed very well for their respective clubs. You sign them early in the summer campaign so they've got the time to gel, and by the start of the season you have a new, fresh team ready to deliver. Quantity over quality.

The other is the thought of getting 3-4 good players (Musacchio, Kessie, Rodriguez) coupled with 2-3 marquee signings (say, Bonucci, Fabregas and Aubameyang). Quality over quantity.

Mirabelli went for the former. Was he wrong? In hindsight, yes. But I think we were all more or less happy with our signing campaign this summer. The problem is that the players didn't gel as hoped, and I think most of that falls on Montella. He was not able to build the team with the players he was delivered.

In the end, we're in the same position if not worse as last season, but with the "slight" difference of having spent almost 250M. Now the damage has been done, it cannot be controlled any further.

The appointment of Gattuso was also a mistake. Montella simply didn't have what it takes to make a team with so many changes work. We were all worried about it but still the majority thought that he deserved the chance to work with a better side than he had last season

Anyway, the season is over, I've been taking a bit of a break from all things football, including Milan because it's just so exhausting to see. Will most likely miss the majority of the derby tonight as well as I'm going out tonight.

Maybe we'll do better in the second half of the season, but I honestly think we'll actually manage worse considering how even more disjointed we've looked under Rino in the matches I watched

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Dec 27 2017, 09:52 PM
Post #10

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

Anyone watching the game?

+Quote Post

han2503
post Dec 27 2017, 10:24 PM
Post #11

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Dec 27 2017, 09:52 PM) *
Anyone watching the game?

Just tuned in

How are we doing?

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Dec 27 2017, 10:45 PM
Post #12

Primavera
Group Icon

QUOTE (han2503 @ Dec 28 2017, 12:24 AM) *
Just tuned in

How are we doing?

Not bad, mostly dominating but not being able to finish off the chances we had...

+Quote Post

han2503
post Dec 27 2017, 11:03 PM
Post #13

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

What a goal from Cutrone

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Dec 27 2017, 11:24 PM
Post #14

Primavera
Group Icon

The guy is really doing good in this dreadful team..

Milan advance, deservedly!

+Quote Post

han2503
post Dec 27 2017, 11:27 PM
Post #15

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Dec 27 2017, 11:24 PM) *
The guy is really doing good in this dreadful team..

Milan advance, deservedly!

Hopefully this can be used as a spring board for the rest of the season starting with the game against Fiorentina next Saturday

Cutrone definitely has that deadly instinct

But what's been impressing me most about him is his work on and off the ball outside of the penalty box. He's very strong and skilful, and I'm happy to say that I misjudged him when I thought he was simply a poacher when he first came onto the scene

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 12:55 PM