5 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Serie A - Week 9 to 11 - Genoa to Juve vs Milan, Date: 25/10/17 Time: 20:45 CET

han2503
post Oct 22 2017, 08:29 AM
Post #1

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

This will most likely be the decisive match for Montella, not getting the 3 points here will most likely cost him is job, and I have to say, that from a long-term perspective, that would be the better outcome for us
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

han2503
post Oct 22 2017, 08:35 AM
Post #2

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Sky's latest on Milan's XI vs. Genoa: Gigio; Zapata, Bonucci, Rodriguez; Borini, Kessie, Biglia, Bonaventura; Suso, Çalhanoğlu; Kalinic.

(IMG:http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/embarrased.gif)

Suddenly I feel like Montella wants to get fired. So he can sit his @ss down for the next 2 years while still earning a paycheck

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Oct 22 2017, 01:45 PM
Post #3

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,008

Confirmed. Why Zapata and Rodriguez in defense, though.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Oct 22 2017, 02:04 PM
Post #4

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Oct 22 2017, 01:45 PM) *
Confirmed. Why Zapata and Rodriguez in defense, though.

An absolute travesty of a line-up, defence is just the tip of the iceberg

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Oct 22 2017, 02:52 PM
Post #5

Bonucci commemorating his brilliant season thus far.

+Quote Post

maldini03
post Oct 22 2017, 03:05 PM
Post #6

Esordienti A 95

Member No.: 2,029

I missed the first half but caught a quick highlight of Bonucci getting sent off courtesy of the VAR. Was it a malicious elbow? I only saw it once and very quickly.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Oct 22 2017, 03:08 PM
Post #7

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (maldini03 @ Oct 22 2017, 03:05 PM) *
I missed the first half but caught a quick highlight of Bonucci getting sent off courtesy of the VAR. Was it a malicious elbow? I only saw it once and very quickly.

I still can't really tell if it was malicious or just a natural reaction tbh

+Quote Post

maldini03
post Oct 22 2017, 03:18 PM
Post #8

Esordienti A 95

Yeah to me it didn't seem like a malicious elbow. I think it was just in the flow of the game, that kind of thing happens all the time. At the most, it should have been a yellow.

The team is actually not playing awful down a man. I think we will end up winning and Montella will be safe for a few more weeks. Unfortunately, this is not good for the outlook of our season.

Tbh: The ref looks pretty uneven today, I didn't catch the first half but to give a red for an incidental elbow and not give a yellow for a professional foul from Bertolacci seems ridiculous. Not saying that the ref plays a big part but something like that changes the flow of a game.

This post has been edited by maldini03: Oct 22 2017, 03:21 PM

+Quote Post

han2503
post Oct 22 2017, 03:29 PM
Post #9

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (maldini03 @ Oct 22 2017, 03:18 PM) *
Yeah to me it didn't seem like a malicious elbow. I think it was just in the flow of the game, that kind of thing happens all the time. At the most, it should have been a yellow.

The team is actually not playing awful down a man. I think we will end up winning and Montella will be safe for a few more weeks. Unfortunately, this is not good for the outlook of our season.

Tbh: The ref looks pretty uneven today, I didn't catch the first half but to give a red for an incidental elbow and not give a yellow for a professional foul from Bertolacci seems ridiculous. Not saying that the ref plays a big part but something like that changes the flow of a game.

The ref has been frustrating, but once again, this is all on us and Montella.

Had we been playing a half decent team, we'd be losing this heavily by now

We're simply clueless out there, we simply have no idea of how to break a team down, and this with basically all of our attacking players out on the pitch

He takes off Bona to put in Calabria now, what the hell is that supposed to do/change?

+Quote Post

maldini03
post Oct 22 2017, 03:39 PM
Post #10

Esordienti A 95

Oh, of course, I am not blaming the ref for the failures of the coach and the team. Actually, I wouldn't mind taking a hit on points here because I think a new coach will be better long term.

Also, that was a great ball in from Suso to Kalinic. I bet F & M are wishing they had that money back to spend on a good midfielder/ winger.

+Quote Post

d'Arc.LP
post Oct 22 2017, 03:40 PM
Post #11

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,786

QUOTE (han2503 @ Oct 22 2017, 05:29 PM) *
The ref has been frustrating, but once again, this is all on us and Montella.

Had we been playing a half decent team, we'd be losing this heavily by now

We're simply clueless out there, we simply have no idea of how to break a team down, and this with basically all of our attacking players out on the pitch

He takes off Bona to put in Calabria now, what the hell is that supposed to do/change?

Bona got an injury problem.

+Quote Post

maldini03
post Oct 22 2017, 03:44 PM
Post #12

Esordienti A 95

I feel like the team just realized that Suso is our most dangerous player when he is pushing down the right wing. Also, I think that RR is so underutilized going forward. He is the best crosser on the team and he probably averages 1 cross a game.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Oct 22 2017, 03:59 PM
Post #13

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

If Montella isn't sacked after this, I'll seriously start to question whether or not Fassone and Mirabelli are right for the job

It's perfectly obvious that Montella is not going to be able to turn things around, we're going from bad to worse, the performances are continuing to deteriorate and the longer this goes on, the deeper into the toilet our season will go

I haven't seen this team play so bad since the latter Allegri years, and that's saying something considering how we played under Pippo. We can't even get the basics right atm. We pass the ball up the pitch, Suso/Bona/Borini gets it, they run a couple meters with the ball, no one is making runs ahead of them, they pass back or shoot, and repeat.

+Quote Post

maldini03
post Oct 22 2017, 04:59 PM
Post #14

Esordienti A 95

FT 0-0. Four games without a win for Montella. I think its time we part ways. He is a good coach, but he simply doesn't have the tactical wherewithal or the understanding of the team. Montella looked really well last year with the Fiat of the team but now that we have upgraded and given him a Mercedes he looks lost and has figuratively crashed it into a wall.

Bring in someone new, at least that kind of a change will spark the team and maybe right the ship for us.

On another note, the announcer in my stream (English) had mentioned how much more comfortable Romag looks when playing in a back 4 and I definitely agree. He is our most physically gifted defender IMO and he looked good (along with Zaps!) out there today. That being said, it looks like Bonucci has definitely lost a step and he needs to regain some confidence and I am floored at how bad Biglia has been for us. I say we trot out the Christmas tree from the days of old Milan. Push Bonucci into either the Pirlo or Gattuso role which should give more freedom to Kessie and Biglia.

The former looks much better going forward but is atm being asked to be a distributor, destroyer, and offensive force. I think he can become a great player but he needs to be given the freedom to do those things. When he was playing at Atalanta he wasn't the anchor, he was a box crashing shuttler with great physicality which I think this team seriously needs based on the inability to score goals and get consistent pressure from our forwards. I think Silva should be playing most if not all of the games as the SS. Let Hakan and Bona fight it out for the other playmaker spot and switch between Cutrone and Kalinic for the prima punta. I know I have suggested this plan before but I think it would work if we tried something like this:

---------------------------------Donna-----------------------------------
----Calabria/Abate --Romag---------Mussachio----------RR-----------
---------------------------Bonucci/Biglia------Kessie/Biglia/ Loca------
-------------Suso/Kessie-------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------Jack/ Hakan----------------------
-----------------------Silva/Suso/Hakan---------------------------------
--------------------------------Cutro/Kalinic-----------------------------

Down that right side, there would be less emphasis on pushing the FB forward, because you have Suso dropping deep to play the wing and generate some steam. I think Kessie can also play down this side when we are looking for a more balanced midfield approach. Silva is good in the build-up play, and he has that instinct to create something. Him playing the 1-2 game with Suso and opening up the oppositions left wing can spring crosses or lead to some mismatches working the inside.

Down the left, the main attacking pressure would come from RR delivering early crosses, and working that left wing with Jack ideally or Hakan who both favor that side of the field.

Bonucci at this point is a better long passer than Biglia who seems to have no creativity whatsoever and has really looked like **** from that anchor spot. He doesn't kill attacks and he definitely doesn't start them. I would rather have a guy that is going to do one or the other really well than do both jobs insignificantly. Bonucci is the anti-Pirlo a defensive player who can play the long ball but he is a strong stopper. He is good in the air and he can add some steel to a dull midfield. This gives us the opportunity to add creative players around him without sacrificing defensively.

The two out- and -out strikers we have are essentially poachers. Kalinic is more dangerous with crosses whipped in, while Cutro is the better player at building up and moving in those small spaces.

In defense:

When teams try to counter, if we are pushed up the wings with RR for example, Romag shifts over to put pressure initially and Bonucci picks up the midfield runner. This leaves Kessie or Biglia, whoever is playing in that left-central mid spot to clog up the top of the box and the wingback to track back and either pressure down the wing with the pulled CB or to track a late runner.

I know that Suso doesn't help much defensively but when we counter with him coming to the edge of the box we generally look dangerous. He would be given the duty of kick-starting counter attacks by either dumping the ball inside to the playmakers or playing it long to the hold up prima punta.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Oct 22 2017, 10:39 PM
Post #15

4-2-3-1. I've been saying it from day one. Only that, right now I don't think it's just a problem of formation anymore. It's the mentality that needs to be fixed.

+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 11:39 AM