> Serie A - Week 4 - Milan - Udinese, Date: 17/09/17 Time: 15:00 CET

X-Offender
post Sep 17 2017, 04:06 PM
Post #31

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,008

QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 17 2017, 04:01 PM) *
I also think Montella needs to use different variations to suite the attacking players he chooses. Suso and Bona both looked uncomfortable today imo

Bona played his usual position and looked fine to me. Suso I agree. I guess he needs some time to adapt. Some of his flare is definitely taken away now that he doesn't play on the right wing.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

d'Arc.LP
post Sep 17 2017, 04:12 PM
Post #32

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,786

So a drastic improvement of Calabria and Kessie while Bona didn't impress at all. Suso looked uncomfortable playing as AMF while Hakan did more in 20 minutes than Bona did all the game. I also enjoyed Rodriguez and Kalinic while Montella made a mistake introducing Cutrone while benching Silva.

This post has been edited by d'Arc.LP: Sep 17 2017, 04:15 PM

+Quote Post

d'Arc.LP
post Sep 17 2017, 04:14 PM
Post #33

Giovanissimi Nazionali

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 17 2017, 06:03 PM) *
We usually got robbed? Let's not exaggerate. Muntari's goal aside, I remember a lot of irregular goals and penalties conceded to us that season.

I agree with VAR as well, but not under extreme conditions. Moreover, as I said, now we don't know when to celebrate anymore, because even regular goals have the risk of being disallowed. It's ridiculous.

Im not exaggerating, if u remember the Sky articles talking about referee mistakes every season, we usually had 6-9 points less than we should have due to referees mistakes. While Juve were the robbers.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Sep 17 2017, 04:17 PM
Post #34

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 17 2017, 04:06 PM) *
Bona played his usual position and looked fine to me. Suso I agree. I guess he needs some time to adapt. Some of his flare is definitely taken away now that he doesn't play on the right wing.

He was very ineffective. It's different when he's playing in the midfield of a 4-3-3 because he still had freedom to drift to a wider area and just attack the spaces and cut in. He's more restricted this way because Rodriguez was already occupying that position, I've noticed this from him when he was used with Italy in a back 3 system

For me it makes more sense to go with a 3-4-3 when you're using Bona and Suso. 3-4-1-2 should be used when Hakan is playing as he's far more effective in central areas.

QUOTE (d'Arc.LP @ Sep 17 2017, 04:12 PM) *
So a drastiv improvement of Calabria and Kessie while Bona didn't impress at all. Suso looked uncomfortable playing as AMF while Hakan did more in 20 minutes than Bona did all the game. I also enjoyed Rodriguez and Kalinic while Montella made a mistake introducing Cutrone while benching Silva.

Yeah, I liked Calabria a lot today, I think the fact that he doesn't have to worry so much about his defensive duties helps a lot. He defended well, but the fact that he has Musacchio covering his side as well makes him look much better, when playing the FB position he just leaves too much space behind him

Kessie is just confusing for me, I don't understand how he can be so bad in one game while a total power house in another

+Quote Post

d'Arc.LP
post Sep 17 2017, 04:28 PM
Post #35

Giovanissimi Nazionali

QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 17 2017, 06:17 PM) *
He was very ineffective. It's different when he's playing in the midfield of a 4-3-3 because he still had freedom to drift to a wider area and just attack the spaces and cut in. He's more restricted this way because Rodriguez was already occupying that position, I've noticed this from him when he was used with Italy in a back 3 system

For me it makes more sense to go with a 3-4-3 when you're using Bona and Suso. 3-4-1-2 should be used when Hakan is playing as he's far more effective in central areas.

Yeah, I liked Calabria a lot today, I think the fact that he doesn't have to worry so much about his defensive duties helps a lot. He defended well, but the fact that he has Musacchio covering his side as well makes him look much better, when playing the FB position he just leaves too much space behind him

Kessie is just confusing for me, I don't understand how he can be so bad in one game while a total power house in another

I agree on everything and as for Kessie, I think consistency comes with experience and age, so what I can say about the lad is that the talent is there, in his good days I wouldnt change him with any other midfielder in Serie A, while in his bad days I just cant stand him. So hopefully with time, he will get consistence, get glued more to the team and pair well with Biglia.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Sep 17 2017, 04:32 PM
Post #36

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Btw, Biglia was also very good today, his distribution of the ball was a joy to watch, and I really think this formation suites him a lot as well, with the WBs creating so much width he really had a lot of opportunities to switch the ball around

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Sep 17 2017, 04:58 PM
Post #37

QUOTE (d'Arc.LP @ Sep 17 2017, 04:14 PM) *
Im not exaggerating, if u remember the Sky articles talking about referee mistakes every season, we usually had 6-9 points less than we should have due to referees mistakes. While Juve were the robbers.

I don't remember any of that, sorry.

+Quote Post

d'Arc.LP
post Sep 17 2017, 05:03 PM
Post #38

Giovanissimi Nazionali

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 17 2017, 06:58 PM) *
I don't remember any of that, sorry.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/10/italian-foo...ng-errors-study

http://www.rossoneriblog.com/2013/11/01/se...penalised-team/

http://run42k.blogspot.com/2009/03/italian...refereeing.html

http://www.calciomercato.com/en/news/exclu...tchday-2-144091

https://forzaitalianfootball.com/2017/05/re...-italian-hobby/

https://twitter.com/planetmilan/status/394745421374836736

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2...uventus-serie-a

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Sep 17 2017, 05:07 PM
Post #39

QUOTE (d'Arc.LP @ Sep 17 2017, 05:03 PM) *

Check the dates. None of them refer to the 2011/12 season, the one we were talking about. Only the last article, but that's just about Muntari disallowed goal.

Trust me, there were many instances during that season that we scored irregular goals and received non-penalties.

+Quote Post

d'Arc.LP
post Sep 17 2017, 05:51 PM
Post #40

Giovanissimi Nazionali

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 17 2017, 07:07 PM) *
Check the dates. None of them refer to the 2011/12 season, the one we were talking about. Only the last article, but that's just about Muntari disallowed goal.

Trust me, there were many instances during that season that we scored irregular goals and received non-penalties.

I was talking in general man. We got robbed most of the seasons. At least more than we got gifted penalties. I wasnt talking about just 1 season. I wanted to settle that we usually in every season got 6-9 less points cos of referee mistakes that is why I brought different seasons. All calculated.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Sep 17 2017, 09:03 PM
Post #41

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,730

I saw most of the second half. Udine made life tough for a spell but the defence, from what I saw, looked night and day compared with the 4-3-3.

That was a very solid Serie A side at home and we definitely passed that test.

I am a little confused as to Calabria over Abate though.

As for the Kalinic offside goal, it was offside. The rule is it's measured on the foot - and at the moment of Kessie's pass, his foot is fractionally ahead of the last defender. It's tiny, but by the pure law of the game, it was offside.

+Quote Post

amancik
post Sep 20 2017, 08:36 AM
Post #42

Milanfan to Death

Member No.: 11

Match thread for Milan-SPAL?

+Quote Post

han2503
post Sep 20 2017, 03:39 PM
Post #43

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (amancik @ Sep 20 2017, 08:36 AM) *
Match thread for Milan-SPAL?

Will do

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 11:03 AM