Guests cannot vote 

Fillipo Simone
post Dec 18 2013, 10:00 AM
Post #1

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,564

Not really in the mood for a repetition mode. But watching this Milan is a sadistic chore. We've gotta make structural changes, because we're starting to become unbearable. Not just on pitch, but the whole entity: medical team, coach, managerial policy - just about everything.

MoM goes to Daniele Bonera. Since his return he's been good and I hope he can maintain this form (even if I'm doubtful). He finally looked like an old-style Italian defender, smart and always ready to confront his opposition. That's something I've missed for quite some time. That's also why he got the nod before Zapata.

Emanuelson was good up front, but he's partly to blame for the first goal. MDS was fair with some big errors, the rest was mostly fair as well. Flop goes to Gabriel. The penalty he caused was totally unnecessary and he could have got himself a red card. Overall he just doesn't seem to be ready.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Danny
post Dec 18 2013, 02:01 PM
Post #2

Allievi Nazionali

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 6,730

All of Zapata, Bonera and Urby were excellent, but Urby nailed this one. Outstanding display. I'd give him 10. 9 for the other 2.

Flop was DS. Horror show in stark contrast to Urby at the other side.

Should go.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Dec 18 2013, 02:25 PM
Post #3

Primavera
Group Icon

How can you give him a 10 when he clearly was partly to be blamed for the first goal. Just look at the replay, him walking and letting Destro go.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Dec 18 2013, 03:11 PM
Post #4

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

Urby for me was MoM, no not a perfect 10, but still MoM for me. Best display in a Milan shirt for him without a doubt, if he continues to play like this then we'll have issues when Abate returns.

I'd probably play him in midfield instead of Muntari or Poli atm, he's in great form and I wouldn't want to see him wasted on the bench while Muntari gets automatic starts

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Dec 18 2013, 03:49 PM
Post #5

Primavera
Group Icon

Mentioning Poli, he's kind of becoming a second Aquilani. After a good start, he's slowly starting to look more and more useless in our midfield.

+Quote Post

acid911
post Dec 18 2013, 04:03 PM
Post #6

Berretti

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,736

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Dec 18 2013, 08:49 PM) *
Mentioning Poli, he's kind of becoming a second Aquilani. After a good start, he's slowly starting to look more and more useless in our midfield.

Still both are better than Montolivo. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sleep.gif) He just seems totally lost.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Dec 18 2013, 04:07 PM
Post #7

Primavera
Group Icon

Better? In what way? I really disagree. I get that Montolivo is a letdown as a captain, and I always knew he's nothing special. But nowadays he's surely better then Aqui. Poli has more potential, but still isn't that good to be considered better then Montolivo.

+Quote Post

acid911
post Dec 18 2013, 04:17 PM
Post #8

Berretti

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,736

Better in terms of mentality, there are times when he disappears from proceedings like he isn't even playing. Maybe it's because he usually fails to take the initiative and stamp his authority. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif) But while I saw some glimpses of his good plays last season, this season he has totally been amiss.

Can't really say I have seen him in the zone for any match this season, and now he is losing focus as a captain too. Had we not De Jong in the mid, we'd probably have lost control of the mid in every match. Recall that Udinese 4-4 match a few moons back? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) I would also add that the constant shuffles are not helping our CMs and DMs either.

It's been eons when we have had a total command, an iron grip on a game and scored at will. Even against smaller teams when we score big, it's usually a disjointed effort.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Dec 18 2013, 04:19 PM
Post #9

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Member No.: 2,008

Top - Zapata. Goal aside, he played a really good game. Bonera, Urby and De Jong come close.
Flop - Balotelli. As I mentioned in the game topic, I can't forgive him that miss in the 93'.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Dec 18 2013, 10:57 PM
Post #10

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Dec 18 2013, 01:25 PM) *
How can you give him a 10 when he clearly was partly to be blamed for the first goal. Just look at the replay, him walking and letting Destro go.

I don't fully agree. He was trying to cover Gervinho, you can see him running inside from there (His left flank) when he saw the danger in the middle and was too late to get to it without fouling Destro and giving away a penalty. Destro wasn't his man. So he failed to cover for DS' error in giving that ball away in the first place/being out of position and being exposed, yes, but I can't dock him points for not producing a breathtaking tackle which could have been risky to go for.

I still say he was as close to a 10/10 as it gets.

But I prefer arguing about whether a player should get 10 or 9 than arguing about the more tedious things us Rossoneri have battled about recently.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Dec 18 2013, 11:05 PM
Post #11

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (han2503 @ Dec 18 2013, 02:11 PM) *
Urby for me was MoM, no not a perfect 10, but still MoM for me. Best display in a Milan shirt for him without a doubt, if he continues to play like this then we'll have issues when Abate returns.

I'd probably play him in midfield instead of Muntari or Poli atm, he's in great form and I wouldn't want to see him wasted on the bench while Muntari gets automatic starts

I'd say the real issue has arisen already; do we persist with Urby at LB as first choice assuming he continues this or do we put DS back there once Abate is fit?

Abate WILL be first choice. He will be RB when fit. So the issue is DS or Urby at LB. Hell of a problem if DS develops as he has (this match aside), and Urby continues to keep up this form.

Not the worst problem mind you.

As for midfield, I remember you ridiculed Allegri in past seasons for wasting Urby in that position before. You've stated categorically he's not an AM/winger. Even called him 'unreliable'. Are you changing your mind based on his performances?

+Quote Post

han2503
post Dec 19 2013, 09:39 AM
Post #12

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (Danny @ Dec 18 2013, 11:05 PM) *
I'd say the real issue has arisen already; do we persist with Urby at LB as first choice assuming he continues this or do we put DS back there once Abate is fit?

Abate WILL be first choice. He will be RB when fit. So the issue is DS or Urby at LB. Hell of a problem if DS develops as he has (this match aside), and Urby continues to keep up this form.

Not the worst problem mind you.

As for midfield, I remember you ridiculed Allegri in past seasons for wasting Urby in that position before. You've stated categorically he's not an AM/winger. Even called him 'unreliable'. Are you changing your mind based on his performances?

When I say midfield I'm talking about the Muntari LCM position, which Urby has played in before and done well.

What I ridiculed Allegri about is playing Urby at either AM or an attacking winger in a 4-3-3, just absolutely ridiculous and completely idiotic

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Dec 19 2013, 10:12 AM
Post #13

Primavera
Group Icon

QUOTE (Danny @ Dec 19 2013, 12:57 AM) *
I don't fully agree. He was trying to cover Gervinho, you can see him running inside from there (His left flank) when he saw the danger in the middle and was too late to get to it without fouling Destro and giving away a penalty. Destro wasn't his man. So he failed to cover for DS' error in giving that ball away in the first place/being out of position and being exposed, yes, but I can't dock him points for not producing a breathtaking tackle which could have been risky to go for.

I still say he was as close to a 10/10 as it gets.

But I prefer arguing about whether a player should get 10 or 9 than arguing about the more tedious things us Rossoneri have battled about recently.

Well, that's how you see it. We do disagree, but yes, compared with some other quarrels, this one is a minor.

But when Abate returns, MDS will be back on the left. That's what I'd do. Emanuelson played how many - two, three - good games? Not nearly enough to bench our top talent.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Dec 19 2013, 02:00 PM
Post #14

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Dec 19 2013, 09:12 AM) *
Well, that's how you see it. We do disagree, but yes, compared with some other quarrels, this one is a minor.

But when Abate returns, MDS will be back on the left. That's what I'd do. Emanuelson played how many - two, three - good games? Not nearly enough to bench our top talent.

I'd say on current form keep him in. If he has a poor performance next match put DS back on the left. I hate dropping players in form no matter who they're keeping out.

It's like I'd rather keep an in-form Bonera right now than put Mexes back in despite him being first choice.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Dec 19 2013, 02:01 PM
Post #15

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (han2503 @ Dec 19 2013, 08:39 AM) *
When I say midfield I'm talking about the Muntari LCM position, which Urby has played in before and done well.

What I ridiculed Allegri about is playing Urby at either AM or an attacking winger in a 4-3-3, just absolutely ridiculous and completely idiotic

Muntari plays very high up the pitch though? Yeah, in theory Allegri has him at LCM but we both know he doesn't stick to it and ends up as a sort of hybrid AM/LW half the time.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 05:17 PM