> EL - Last 16 2nd Leg - Arsenal - Milan, Date: 15/03/18 Time: 21:00 CET

han2503
post Mar 5 2018, 08:55 PM
Post #1

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

This is the big one. When the draw was made I thought we didn't stand a chance, but having really done a deep dive into Arsenal this past week, I really think we can get through this round.

Arsenal are in deep crises atm. And with the way we're playing we'll be more up for it imo. The derby being cancelled gave us some much needed rest, although the cause of that is one of great sadness. So we should be fresh and able to really assert our authority on the match.

They struggle big time when teams go at them and challenge them physically. They won't have any of their big strikers available either. So we need to make this count and really capitalize on what must surely be their worst moment under Arsene Wenger

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Mar 5 2018, 02:44 PM) *
Anyway, onwards to Arsenal. Really nervous about this one, because they will be really looking to make a statement and they have the quality. Plus, they only have the Europa League to play for if they wish to make it to UCL next season.

Did you watch them against Brighton Jack? Honestly, I haven't seen a team looking that defeated in quite a while. Not even us in our worst periods. They looked like they barely wanted to be there yesterday. It was shocking for me to watch. They looked exactly the same against City, but I thought that it was just City making them look really bad, but that's not the case. They seem like they've completely given up and they seem to have turned their backs on Wenger as well.

We'll be fitter, stronger, quicker and hungrier. This is the perfect moment to play them. And missing out on this great opportunity by not bringing our best to the table would be a real shame.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Mar 5 2018, 09:38 PM
Post #2

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,008

When was the last time we had a big European night? I think it was against Atletico under Seedorf. I think the lads will do just fine. As Han said, Arsenal are utter shite at the moment.

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Mar 5 2018, 09:59 PM
Post #3

Smoking Bianco

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 191

Time will tell, but playing in Europe is different to the league, even though the EPL is in a league of its own and drawing comparisons with EL is ludicrous.

That said, I make no doubt the Arsenal players will be present and ready to go the extra mile as a fixture like Arsenal vs Milan draws millions, this with respect to Brighton does not even compare. Taken this isnt the CL and that Milan is not as strong as it once was. The fixture alone draws a crowd. This will be a test for Gattuso as Milan already are under pressure to keep all competitions alive. The pressure is definitely on.

+Quote Post

William405
post Mar 6 2018, 02:49 AM
Post #4

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 7,239

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Mar 5 2018, 11:59 PM) *
Time will tell, but playing in Europe is different to the league, even though the EPL is in a league of its own and drawing comparisons with EL is ludicrous.

That said, I make no doubt the Arsenal players will be present and ready to go the extra mile as a fixture like Arsenal vs Milan draws millions, this with respect to Brighton does not even compare. Taken this isnt the CL and that Milan is not as strong as it once was. The fixture alone draws a crowd. This will be a test for Gattuso as Milan already are under pressure to keep all competitions alive. The pressure is definitely on.

+1

+Quote Post

han2503
post Mar 6 2018, 12:50 PM
Post #5

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Not saying that we're going to walk this, far from it. I'm not even saying that they're sh!t either.

But they're obviously going through a very difficuilt moment. It's not just about it being Brighton so they did not bring their best to the table, it's the fact that they couldn't bring anything more to the table no matter how much they tried. They look listless and don't seem to be able to go the extra mile right now because they're completely demoralised.

I'm not saying that I'm expecting them to come to a full San Siro and just lay down for us. But there's obviously a lot of bad vibes going on at that club. And when you compare that to the current upswing we're going through, I am expecting a very good performance from us. I'm not expecting to blow them out of the water but a controlled 2-0 win is my thought going into this

+Quote Post

han2503
post Mar 6 2018, 12:52 PM
Post #6

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Also, Rino might not be an experienced coach, especially in Europe, but he's played countless ties like this under what I beleive is a master of the 2 legged tie in Carlo. So he knows what it takes to win games like this

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Mar 6 2018, 12:58 PM
Post #7

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,865

I've seen too much of this team's inconsistency to believe any game is easy. This is the Milan that beat Verona 3-0 in Coppa Italia and then proceeded to lose 3-0 in the league with a stronger team. So I'll continue to be suspicious.

Arsenal are a strong team that are playing badly. They might pull off a Milan 2007 on us, so best be careful. I want us to win because I really want us to build some credibility in Europe again. We're favourites on paper, but we're one in-form striker away from me being confident of a win. You can't win in Europe on just defence. You need to pump in the goals and we aren't doing it.

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Mar 6 2018, 05:02 PM
Post #8

Smoking Bianco

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 191

Time will tell han, I have a feeling both teams want this badly. The exposure alone is enormous, as the winner of these two might as well proceed to the final IMHO. That enormous.

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Mar 6 2018, 03:58 PM) *
I've seen too much of this team's inconsistency to believe any game is easy. This is the Milan that beat Verona 3-0 in Coppa Italia and then proceeded to lose 3-0 in the league with a stronger team. So I'll continue to be suspicious.

Arsenal are a strong team that are playing badly. They might pull off a Milan 2007 on us, so best be careful. I want us to win because I really want us to build some credibility in Europe again. We're favourites on paper, but we're one in-form striker away from me being confident of a win. You can't win in Europe on just defence. You need to pump in the goals and we aren't doing it.

I too want that. Hence I’m starting to believe the EL is a great opportunity to prepare this squad for CL and the busy schedule that come with it. It also enhances Milan’s resurgence, as an image at least.

Wenger is a cunning weathered and experienced coach who has the resources to deliver a blow, Milan has to be focused and hungry to close it off in the first leg. Nothing left for chance.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Mar 6 2018, 08:03 PM
Post #9

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Mar 6 2018, 12:58 PM) *

In 2007 we had champions who decided games on their own, Arsenal atm don't have that as 2 of their best players are the ones who have their heads down the furthest (Ozil and Koscielny). Plus we were never as bad in the league as them, we were just inconsistent because we were very obviously prioritising the CL + started the season with a 9 point deficit.

I don't think you can compare the 2 sides.

Anyway, I'm not saying you're wrong here, because you just might be right. Don't get me wrong, I am afraid that our tie could be the one to kick start their season again, that could always be the case. But having watched them in their last 3 games, I'm very calmly confident about our chances, because what they're going through atm is not something that you could just switch on and off at will. And no one knows that better than us

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Mar 6 2018, 05:02 PM) *
Time will tell han, I have a feeling both teams want this badly. The exposure alone is enormous, as the winner of these two might as well proceed to the final IMHO. That enormous.

I too want that. Hence I’m starting to believe the EL is a great opportunity to prepare this squad for CL and the busy schedule that come with it. It also enhances Milan’s resurgence, as an image at least.

Wenger is a cunning weathered and experienced coach who has the resources to deliver a blow, Milan has to be focused and hungry to close it off in the first leg. Nothing left for chance.

Of course both teams want this badly, and while we still have about a 30% chance of qualifying to the CL through our league, their chances are a big fat 0%. So of course they want this. But as I said, they're going through a major crises atm, and with regards to Wenger, he has the entire Arsenal fan base against him now, not to mention that from the looks of it, it looks like he's lost the dressing room as well

+Quote Post

han2503
post Mar 8 2018, 02:57 PM
Post #10

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

The game tonight is at 7pm CET not at 8:45 btw. The match title was incorrect

+Quote Post

han2503
post Mar 8 2018, 07:53 PM
Post #11

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

We really wilted tonight

I hope this isn't the start of another slippery slope. Bade performance. Plain and simple

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Mar 8 2018, 07:54 PM
Post #12

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

Dreadful first half.

Arsenal giving us a lecture on football at San Siro with half strength.

+Quote Post

amancik
post Mar 8 2018, 08:01 PM
Post #13

Milanfan to Death

Member No.: 11

We need to bring Silva in. We need to exploit the space behind Arsenal's back line at the same time bring the striker into play. Calabria was having a torrid time on the right. Maybe Borini? Biglia needs to up his game in the second half. But generally passing has been quite sloppy and we gave away possession cheaply at times. Arsenal's high pressing a game is a problem to build any meaningful momentum.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Mar 8 2018, 08:06 PM
Post #14

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Member No.: 2,008

0-2

+Quote Post

han2503
post Mar 8 2018, 08:10 PM
Post #15

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

This just shows how green we are in Europe now.

From a side with an infinite wealth of experience in the CL to not being able to face a half dead Arsenal.

+Quote Post

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:42 PM