Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Berlusconi: No winter revolution

misha
post Nov 13 2006, 11:58 PM
Post #1

Allievi Regionali B

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 787

Milan supremo Silvio Berlusconi has ruled out any significant transfer activity during the January window. The Rossoneri's misfiring start to the season has led to talk of a major winter signing - with Ronaldo and Andriy Shevchenko named - but the former Italian Prime Minister scotched the rumours.

"We have to work hard to balance the budget, therefore you cannot expect big changes in the winter transfer market," he said.

Milan recouped 45 million euros (£31 million) for Shevchenko when he left for Chelsea in the summer, but they also spent big on new signings such as Ricardo Oliveira, Yoann Gourcuff and Daniele Bonera.

Berlusconi also attempted to make light of a dismal run of form which has seen them win just four of 11 Serie A games this season.

"You cannot win all the time - I lost the [Prime Ministerial] election!" he said.

"We can still have a vintage season, and we are still first in our Champions League group.

"The players are available but some of them are tired, like [Andrea] Pirlo and [Alessandro] Nesta.

"I understand the tifosi are concerned, and so am I. We have many injured players, we make few crosses from the flanks and we give our opponents too much space."

eurosport
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Nov 14 2006, 12:08 AM
Post #2

Smoking Bianco

Member No.: 191

Silvio is on crack .. It's official (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

+Quote Post

I_Rossoneri
post Nov 14 2006, 12:15 AM
Post #3

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 558

To a certain point I agree that it would be pointless signing too many players in the winter transfer market. Saying that though we need a worldclass RB for now and a decent DM the rest can wait til the summer - thats when the real revolution is needed.

+Quote Post

berenike_10
post Nov 14 2006, 01:05 AM
Post #4

Esordienti A 95

Member No.: 1,894

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Nov 13 2006, 05:08 PM)

He's trippinh hard in mushrooms or LSD... he's out of his mind !!! (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

+Quote Post

berenike_10
post Nov 14 2006, 01:08 AM
Post #5

Esordienti A 95

Member No.: 1,894

QUOTE (I_Rossoneri @ Nov 13 2006, 05:15 PM)
To a certain point I agree that it would be pointless signing too many players in the winter transfer market. Saying that though we need a worldclass RB for now and a decent DM the rest can wait til the summer - thats when the real revolution is needed.

He got a good amount of money from shevas sale, however, oliveria wasnt as good as they expected, he was too much praised from ancelloti , and the results are still pending, bonera he's not that good, he's not that bad.. but he got the time to get better defenders... and the only good thing was gourcuff.. is one of the furute players for milan.

So in theory yes, he waisted that money.

This post has been edited by berenike_10: Nov 14 2006, 01:09 AM

+Quote Post

jbryant1
post Nov 14 2006, 04:32 AM
Post #6

Esordienti A 95

Member No.: 874

I want this guy to quit being such a loser and get strong. He lost his elections and has been charged for scandal and corruption.

You can't win all the time, look at me. Its a bunch of BS. Milan have been at least a quality side for as long as I remember and there at a low point.

His rhetoric gives us a sense that he's not going to do anything. Like were going to sit back so the budget can be balanced.

What about the 50-60 million euros that we got. Bonera, Favalli, Goucuff, and Oliveira didn't add up to a third of that.

Most teams invest some of its profits back into the team, not even counting the sells for players at the end of the season. He didn't even spend the funds that he got from selling players.

From the 3rd richest club you'd expect at least 20 million euros available without counting for the sells. With the sells your talking 60-70 million euros that could have been spent.

They are losing because of his decisions to not get aggressive. Just because you've done well for 20 years doesn't mean you'll do the same for the next 20. The past doesn't prove the future.

This post has been edited by jbryant1: Nov 14 2006, 04:42 AM

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Nov 14 2006, 06:49 AM
Post #7

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,865

From what I read somewhere, it was a board decision to not go heavy on the transfer market for a couple of seasons. In a way there is a sense of logic to it. They want to balance the books so there's no trouble if Silvio decides to pull out or something.

In a way it makes twisted sense. I mean can you honestly imagine what would happen to Inter or Chelsea if their patrons were to pull out and leave?

Real are a different case. Thebiggest benefit of the galctico era was the amount of cash they got, what they lost in trophies they made up for in cash, and now they can chase and buy at will. Barca are probably the only club that's not super rich, yet perform decently, of course there is Arsenal.

I can't honestly say much about a club that wins cups by simply throwing money at it.

+Quote Post

jbryant1
post Nov 14 2006, 09:11 AM
Post #8

Esordienti A 95

Member No.: 874

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Nov 13 2006, 09:49 PM)
From what I read somewhere, it was a board decision to not go heavy on the transfer market for a couple of seasons. In a way there is a sense of logic to it. They want to balance the books so there's no trouble if Silvio decides to pull out or something.

In a way it makes twisted sense. I mean can you honestly imagine what would happen to Inter or Chelsea if their patrons were to pull out and leave?

Real are a different case. Thebiggest benefit of the galctico era was the amount of cash they got, what they lost in trophies they made up for in cash, and now they can chase and buy at will. Barca are probably the only club that's not super rich, yet perform decently, of course there is Arsenal.

I can't honestly say much about a club that wins cups by simply throwing money at it.

Jack I think your on the right line.

There is something behind it all but it seems that we try to find new excuses for why they didn't do it other than incompetence. Why would Silvio pull out? This club is all that he has thats a winner right now or at least an intersection where people glorify him. His political career is pretty much over, he didn't bring the people of Italy what they wanted.

We were voted the 3rd richest club in the world even before the sell of Scheva and others last season. This is under Madrid and Man U who spend like theres no tomorrow if they need to. The reason why we are 3rd richest is because we haven't spent in the transfer markets like Barcelona, Chelsea, or majority of the teams below us. Chelsea won't make a profit for a couple seasons.

If Milan doesn't rebuild the team with a full effort it will lose money and reputation which would be more than transferring a couple star players to the team. At the worst if they don't make Europe they will lose sponsors and supporters and UEFA money. Plus to transfer star talent you need that reputation otherwise they go elsewhere. Sure we can say hell with them but its something serious to be competitive.

This post has been edited by jbryant1: Nov 14 2006, 09:12 AM

+Quote Post

I_Rossoneri
post Nov 14 2006, 10:24 AM
Post #9

Allievi Regionali B

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Nov 14 2006, 05:49 AM)

If Don Silvio does decide to step down then we will end up a mid table side as we would never be able to keep up financially with the big boys. We need someone with financial clout who is willing to invest a large sum of money in Milan to make us great again - if Don Silvio isn't interested then there are plenty of billionaires around who would jump at the chance.

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Nov 14 2006, 01:58 PM
Post #10

Smoking Bianco

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Nov 14 2006, 08:49 AM)

Perfect sense !

This person, .. u guys have to listen to this person !!!

U just speak my mind Capin

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Nov 14 2006, 02:03 PM
Post #11

Smoking Bianco

QUOTE (I_Rossoneri @ Nov 14 2006, 12:24 PM)
If Don Silvio does decide to step down then we will end up a mid table side as we would never be able to keep up financially with the big boys. We need someone with financial clout who is willing to invest a large sum of money in Milan to make us great again - if Don Silvio isn't interested then there are plenty of billionaires around who would jump at the chance.

It isn't about Silvio stepping down, it's about Milan being able to feed herself off of her own coffers .. I doubt he will step down, it's the performance of the team that has gotten us into this discussion, cuz the day Berlusconi leaves Milan will be a VERY sad day .. for 21 yrs he's been with this club and in those 21 yrs .. Milan have under performed like 10 times ( including now ) .. But the club always gets back to glory !!

+Quote Post

Nova
post Nov 14 2006, 02:35 PM
Post #12

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 34

Berlusconi shouldn't step back , after all , pumping millions & millions doesnt get you trophies. Just look at Inter .

BUT !!!! I think we all agree we need new players . Not just new players , talented new players. Like kaka & gourcuff. One who can make a difference. I dont mind getting a superstar , as long he can get the job done its ok with me.

And right now thats what matters , getting the 3 points !

+Quote Post

I_Rossoneri
post Nov 14 2006, 02:36 PM
Post #13

Allievi Regionali B

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Nov 14 2006, 01:03 PM)
It isn't about Silvio stepping down, it's about Milan being able to feed herself off of her own coffers .. I doubt he will step down, it's the performance of the team that has gotten us into this discussion, cuz the day Berlusconi leaves Milan will be a VERY sad day .. for 21 yrs he's been with this club and in those 21 yrs .. Milan have under performed like 10 times ( including now ) .. But the club always gets back to glory !!

The club will get back to glory if we get the players capable of doing so, but to get said players will cost money. If Don Silvio is not interested in buying players then why is he still in charge?

+Quote Post

I_Rossoneri
post Nov 14 2006, 02:40 PM
Post #14

Allievi Regionali B

QUOTE (Nova @ Nov 14 2006, 01:35 PM)
Berlusconi shouldn't step back , after all , pumping millions & millions doesnt get you trophies. Just look at Inter .

BUT !!!! I think we all agree we need new players . Not just new players , talented new players. Like kaka & gourcuff. One who can make a difference. I dont mind getting a superstar , as long he can get the job done its ok with me.

And right now thats what matters , getting the 3 points !

For once I agree that pumping millions doesn't equate to trophies. All I'm saying is that we should spend on decent players, players who will cost money. At this moment in time we are scouring all the free transfers but that is not what a top club should be doing! we should be looking for young, quallity additions, players who could have a great future with Milan.

+Quote Post

Nova
post Nov 14 2006, 02:52 PM
Post #15

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 34

QUOTE (I_Rossoneri @ Nov 14 2006, 02:40 PM)
For once I agree that pumping millions doesn't equate to trophies. All I'm saying is that we should spend on decent players, players who will cost money. At this moment in time we are scouring all the free transfers but that is not what a top club should be doing! we should be looking for young, quallity additions, players who could have a great future with Milan.

Lets just hope Braida will come back with some good signings. (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 08:56 PM