Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Winter Transfers 2014

ganney
post Sep 7 2013, 06:49 PM
Post #46

Esordienti A 95

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 6,656

the real problem we're having here is lack of a proper vision shown by both the coach and the management

there's absolutely no correlation between the supposed youth project, the striker we eventually got and the amount spent.

let's go back a bit to selling pato in january for 15m, i never liked the idea, we really should have just sent him on a loan to rehabilitate himself, gain his fitness and confidence back, especially as we've now spent 12m on a 29yr old matri and we just extended the robinho deal ( another 29yr old who was soooo terrible last 6mths)

had pato gone on loan instead of an outright sale for a meager 15m our strike force would have been :

balo 23yrs (4m/season)
pato 24yrs (a renegotiated deal as his contract was winding down)
el-sha 20 yrs old (2m)
pazzini 29yrs (2.7m)
petagna- 18yrs (decent back-up happy for now to play for peanut wages) & other primavera kids like kingsley boateng have gotten the odd game or two

matri- would not have been bought for 12m (from juve) or given 2.6m/season for 4years
robinho- would have been sold/contract not extended/ given away to santos for next to nothing to get him off our squad
niang- given to genoa in exchange for a more useful player

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Bluesummers
post Sep 7 2013, 07:31 PM
Post #47

Allievi Nazionali

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 1,660

The coach asked for Matri. Nothing more can be said. It's not a logical choice, it's a personal choice.

If he. Flops feel free. To. Hang Allegri. If he doesn't u gotta bite ur tongue

+Quote Post

CHU-LIP
post Sep 7 2013, 09:33 PM
Post #48

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 7,230

QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Sep 7 2013, 09:31 PM) *
The coach asked for Matri. Nothing more can be said. It's not a logical choice, it's a personal choice.

I did bite my tongue this morning after waking up in bed.

No fun.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Sep 7 2013, 09:56 PM
Post #49

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Sep 7 2013, 07:31 PM) *

Watched him in the the friendly we played today against Ciasso (Swiss team), he was absolutely terrible, everything from hold up play, finishing to simply controlling the ball and passing was just plain bad, and this was against a side that would probably struggle in Serie B

On the other hand you can already tell that Kaka is simply on a different wavelength of class than the other players that were on the pitch. Only De Jong and Mexes are anywhere near that level

Saponara came on in the second half, scored a goal and had some nice plays, Vergara looked a bit more promosing than he did in preseason, and a kid named Modic from the Primavera looked like a real talent for the future, don't know if you guys know anything about him

+Quote Post

acid911
post Sep 8 2013, 01:02 AM
Post #50

Berretti

Member No.: 3,736

QUOTE (ganney @ Sep 7 2013, 11:49 PM) *
the real problem we're having here is lack of a proper vision shown by both the coach and the management

there's absolutely no correlation between the supposed youth project, the striker we eventually got and the amount spent.

let's go back a bit to selling pato in january for 15m, i never liked the idea, we really should have just sent him on a loan to rehabilitate himself, gain his fitness and confidence back, especially as we've now spent 12m on a 29yr old matri and we just extended the robinho deal ( another 29yr old who was soooo terrible last 6mths)

had pato gone on loan instead of an outright sale for a meager 15m our strike force would have been :

balo 23yrs (4m/season)
pato 24yrs (a renegotiated deal as his contract was winding down)
el-sha 20 yrs old (2m)
pazzini 29yrs (2.7m)
petagna- 18yrs (decent back-up happy for now to play for peanut wages) & other primavera kids like kingsley boateng have gotten the odd game or two

matri- would not have been bought for 12m (from juve) or given 2.6m/season for 4years
robinho- would have been sold/contract not extended/ given away to santos for next to nothing to get him off our squad
niang- given to genoa in exchange for a more useful player

Agreed once again! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif) With everything you posted! But I guess Galliani maliciously wanted Pato out, and Allegri did not want him either. I mean, you miss a penalty and then get crucified for all your past sins. I don't know whether Pato goes to the World Cup next year or not, but if Ancelotti stays at Madrid, I can see him going there.

+Quote Post

Jack Bauer
post Sep 8 2013, 01:43 AM
Post #51

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 6,705

Don't know if he'll be back to europe soon, stats wise he's not that impressive - 14 goals and 2 assists in 41 games so far. But at least he's healthy and last week was called to the NT again. Really hope he can earn a world cup place.

+Quote Post

acid911
post Sep 8 2013, 02:25 AM
Post #52

Berretti

True, speaking in terms of statistics he is yet to set the world on fire. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) But Ancelottti liked Pato as a player, and if he can get him on cheap there is a slim chance that he may yet end up in Real Madrid. But like you I really hope he earns a World Cup place and tears it up in the tournament.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Sep 8 2013, 08:08 AM
Post #53

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (acid911 @ Sep 8 2013, 02:25 AM) *
True, speaking in terms of statistics he is yet to set the world on fire. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) But Ancelottti liked Pato as a player, and if he can get him on cheap there is a slim chance that he may yet end up in Real Madrid. But like you I really hope he earns a World Cup place and tears it up in the tournament.

I really hope he doesn't end up at Madrid! At Real there is simply no place for someone like him, there's no patience for a player to rehabilitate and get back to his best, you're either great or you're out. Madrid is the last place he should go.

+Quote Post

acid911
post Sep 8 2013, 08:11 AM
Post #54

Berretti

QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 8 2013, 01:08 PM) *
I really hope he doesn't end up at Madrid! At Real there is simply no place for someone like him, there's no patience for a player to rehabilitate and get back to his best, you're either great or you're out. Madrid is the last place he should go.

Unless Ancelotti is the coach, that is. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) Pato was brought down by his injuries and nothing else. I vividly remember watching a video comparing him to Benzama a few years back. And from what I have seen of both, Pato is twice the payer Benzama ever will be. It's just his idiotic injuries that meant the guy never built momentum.

But if Benzama can play at Real, someone like Pato with Carlo by his side, will thrive!

+Quote Post

han2503
post Sep 8 2013, 08:17 AM
Post #55

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (acid911 @ Sep 8 2013, 08:11 AM) *
Unless Ancelotti is the coach, that is. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) Pato was brought down by his injuries and nothing else. I vividly remember watching a video comparing him to Benzama a few years back. And from what I have seen of both, Pato is twice the payer Benzama ever will be. It's just his idiotic injuries that meant the guy never built momentum.

But if Benzama can play at Real, someone like Pato with Carlo by his side, will thrive!

Pato never actually had injuries until he bulked up so much and that was the summer when Carlo left and Leo came in, the muscle injuries started during Leo's season and then escalated from there.

And yes, I agree that Pato has more natural talent than Benzema but his injuries, loss of form and fitness have set him back years in his development, and Carlo or not, I really can't see him thriving in an environment like Real or Barca, where pressure to be inch perfect (especially for attackers) is just ridiculous.

I can see him making a move to Spain though, maybe Atletico or Valencia where the pressure is less and he can recover at his own pace

+Quote Post

acid911
post Sep 8 2013, 08:22 AM
Post #56

Berretti

Yeah, well as long as he does. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mellow.gif) Sad to see as shining star fade away, a real talent disappear!

+Quote Post

ganney
post Sep 8 2013, 10:54 AM
Post #57

Esordienti A 95

QUOTE (acid911 @ Sep 8 2013, 09:11 AM) *

we simply gave up on pato too easily, with all the injuries he still delivered 63 goals in 150 appearance at his age, knowing that strikers generally peak between 26-32 yrs we should have given him more time.....funny he reminds me a bit of v.Persie who struggled with injuries earlier in his career but arsenal kept him as a squad player (who only delivered below double figures once in 8years) and he went on to play 3good seasons for them and 1good title winning season for man.u.... it will really suck to watch the duck go on to play his best football elsewhere while we cope with allegri's wonder striker

+Quote Post

acid911
post Sep 8 2013, 11:34 AM
Post #58

Berretti

QUOTE (ganney @ Sep 8 2013, 03:54 PM) *
we simply gave up on pato too easily, with all the injuries he still delivered 63 goals in 150 appearance at his age, knowing that strikers generally peak between 26-32 yrs we should have given him more time.....funny he reminds me a bit of v.Persie who struggled with injuries earlier in his career but arsenal kept him as a squad player (who only delivered below double figures once in 8years) and he went on to play 3good seasons for them and 1good title winning season for man.u.... it will really suck to watch the duck go on to play his best football elsewhere while we cope with allegri's wonder striker

Stop making sense, man. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) I have to keep agreeing with you, LOL. And yeah, we gave up on him much too early, in the sense that we were there in the last stretch, an year or two, another season or two. I have to believe maybe the duds and quacks knew that they had wrecked the kid something bad.

I mean we have Niang we has scored a titanic 0 goals so far. Anyway, a contract extension at a lower amount was all that was needed, just tied to his performance or something like that. Now with Kaka back, and Balotelli by his side, he had all the potential to tear up opponents. Oh well.

+Quote Post

ganney
post Sep 8 2013, 12:30 PM
Post #59

Esordienti A 95

QUOTE (acid911 @ Sep 8 2013, 12:34 PM) *
Stop making sense, man. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) I have to keep agreeing with you, LOL. And yeah, we gave up on him much too early, in the sense that we were there in the last stretch, an year or two, another season or two. I have to believe maybe the duds and quacks knew that they had wrecked the kid something bad.

I mean we have Niang we has scored a titanic 0 goals so far. Anyway, a contract extension at a lower amount was all that was needed, just tied to his performance or something like that. Now with Kaka back, and Balotelli by his side, he had all the potential to tear up opponents. Oh well.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) i very much agree with all your points too... the quacks probably messed him up for good

+Quote Post

mishie
post Sep 8 2013, 05:53 PM
Post #60

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 1,072

Pato will probably end up at Spurs this january

+Quote Post

59 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 03:20 PM