Post #1

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

From me the Zapata hater

Me praising Zapata:

QUOTE (han2503 @ Nov 24 2014, 12:19 AM) *
Both him and Zapata were great imo and also showed why we managed to have the best defensive record along with Juve from Jan to May in 12/13.

QUOTE (han2503 @ Nov 30 2014, 02:57 PM) *
F'cking Zapata on the bench and Bonera starting in the centre!
Enough said about Pippo and meritocracy/fair chances to everyone FFS

QUOTE (han2503 @ Nov 23 2014, 11:23 PM) *
Zapata was pretty good as well, which imo reinforces my theory that he just needs someone strong and tactically smart next to him to really prosper.

QUOTE (han2503 @ Nov 23 2014, 08:51 PM) *
3 minutes in and I've spotted Muntari over-dribbling and losing the ball 3 times already. Zapata and DS saving him twice and he fouled the other time to save his own @ss

QUOTE (han2503 @ Nov 3 2014, 06:27 PM) *
Our midfield is none existant on defensive plays, our CBs/FBs easily get caught in one-on-one situations with zero cover, Zapata's mistake on the second goal was also a situation where he was completely left on his own. He made individual errors but it was also the failure of the midfield to provide cover, look at practically all the other goals we conceded this season and you'll see very similar situations, either that or we succumb to a set-piece.

Why I don't trust him:

QUOTE (William405 @ Oct 26 2014, 09:33 PM) *
Zapata was just terrible, I'd prefer having Bonera there ATM..

QUOTE (han2503 @ Oct 26 2014, 09:34 PM) *
Defence is shaky but okay so far. Zapata though is just an accident waiting to happen any time he's on the ball my heart just stops

From the very same man who labels me a hater because I don't rate Zapata as highly as he apparently does
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Oct 26 2014, 09:36 PM) *
And someone should tell Zapata to stop passing the ball to the frigging opponent! He's done it THREE TIMES already.

QUOTE (William405 @ Oct 26 2014, 09:20 PM) *
OMG ZAPATA, can you be any more stupid???

All the above quotes from just one game

http://footballreplays.blogspot.com.mt/201...fiorentina.html

38:22-38:40 43:32-43:40 1st half vid

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

han2503
post Sep 11 2015, 11:13 AM
Post #2

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Sep 24 2014, 12:37 PM) *
I dislike Zapata. I think of him as someone who requires too much covering from his partner. His pace and strength are his only assets. For me he is rotation material. Would I be rude in calling him a pawn to be used in the transfer market?

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Oct 5 2014, 01:34 PM) *
No I agree with you, but it's the same every game. We've had games where nobody has shown up and it's still the same "It's all Muntari's/Bonera's fault" nonsense. Players like Zapata consistantly put in Serie Z performances and barely get a mention.

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 23 2014, 10:19 PM) *
http://lineupbuilder.com/?sk=4w71

Nuff said! By far our best possible formation/line-up. Yes, even Mexes. I'm seriously tired of Bonera and Zapata, and Alex doesn't convince me enough.

Someone mass-print this and stick it all over Milanello please. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

All from the same game as well:
QUOTE (milanbuf88 @ Aug 17 2014, 09:21 PM) *
Same old story from Zapata: decent game with some good tackles and one abysmal pass to give up a goal. Pazzini was invisible.

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Aug 17 2014, 08:22 PM) *
F*ck you, Zapata.

QUOTE (William405 @ Aug 17 2014, 08:22 PM) *
Zapata...

QUOTE (han2503 @ Aug 17 2014, 08:23 PM) *
Zapata and his passing is one huge epic fail

QUOTE (milanbuf88 @ Aug 17 2014, 08:22 PM) *
Muntari is awful. Zapata with another idiotic pass.

Some highlights of his greatness

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IL85J_IkHRI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61sBEWoHUl4...etailpage#t=165
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7aip29Y9_I...detailpage#t=31

Need I go on? And these only go back from last season - when Pippo played him sparingly (to Danny's chagrin) he’s made very similar mistakes before. But no, I’m just a deluded hater living off my hateraid for Zapata (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

My concerns about him playing are well a truly founded but then there’s Danny:
QUOTE (Danny @ Aug 7 2014, 10:47 PM) *
I personally think on his day Zapata is the best defender we have. He's the quickest and best at last-ditch tackles.

I think he should be partnered by a foil.

Oookaayyy….

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Sep 11 2015, 11:34 AM
Post #3

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,008

What does this prove exactly? Slamming players during the heat of the match is normal when they make mistakes. A defender can make a mistake just like a striker can miss an open goal. Likewise, praising a player for a good performance is also normal. There have been instances when I've praised the likes of Muntari and Allegri in the past, even though I couldn't stand them. So, you praising Zapata doesn't exclude the fact that you generally don't like him.

And besides, the reason why I advocate him instead of Mexes and Alex for the derby is due to the fact that Alex has been very poor in the pre-season and Mexes is coming off an injury, which makes them unreliable choices. If these two players were in top condition, I would prefer them over Zapata no problem. I've never said the guy is a top defender. He has his shortcomings, but at the same time he's not as bad as you make him out to be. Simple as.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Sep 11 2015, 12:38 PM
Post #4

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Point being, once again you saying that I don't like him, when the truth is that I just don't rate him. There's a difference. And having different opinions on this does not mean you can say that I hate him therefore my opinion is invalid, because that is not the case.

My opinion of why I don't think both him and Romagn should start the derby is based on all those facts (that Danny himself demanded that I prove) pointed out above.

His shortcomings make him a serious liability to the team, especially when he doesn't have someone to hold his hand playing next to him, so forgive me about stating my opinion about him making me worry that he's starting such a huge match next to an inexperienced kid. I didn't know that would equate to me being a hater to you (Danny I understand because he either labels me a hater or a blind defender when we don't agree on particular individuals)

Also, the comments are from match days, I specifically made a search through those threads to prove the kind of liability he is. It's not about in-depth analysis on him, it's about proving what a liability he could be solely based on his passing and even his positioning at times.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Sep 11 2015, 01:27 PM
Post #5

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Member No.: 2,008

Don't rate him, don't like him, same difference. We're talking about their qualities as football players here, not as human beings.

And like I said, anyone can make mistakes. Yes, Zapata has made several mistakes in the past, but so has everyone else for that matter. Lopez made more than a couple of howlers last season, MDS was crap for most of his games.

Alex was a trainwreck in pre-season, and from what I read he was very poor against Mantova too. Mexes has just returned form an injury that's kept him out for a while. Given the circumstances, playing Zapata is the most logical conclusion. And you should accept that.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Sep 11 2015, 01:51 PM
Post #6

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 11 2015, 01:27 PM) *
Don't rate him, don't like him, same difference. We're talking about their qualities as football players here, not as human beings.

And like I said, anyone can make mistakes. Yes, Zapata has made several mistakes in the past, but so has everyone else for that matter. Lopez made more than a couple of howlers last season, MDS was crap for most of his games.

Alex was a trainwreck in pre-season, and from what I read he was very poor against Mantova too. Mexes has just returned form an injury that's kept him out for a while. Given the circumstances, playing Zapata is the most logical conclusion. And you should accept that.

Where have I said that I don't accept that?? I said that I'd prefer Alex simple as that!

Also, yes there is a difference between not rating a player and hating him. I freely admit to hating Muntari, he was a terrible player, his attitude was also terrible and just his general demeanour was off putting for me. Couldn't stand the guy.

With Zapata I just don't trust him to not f@ck up. And there's a difference between making a positional error and making a school yard mistake like passing straight at the opposition (which is what's the biggest issue with Zapata). How much more basic can you get then passing in football? And Zapata simply sucks at this, the biggest problem is that he constantly tries to play out himself, even after committing countless errors in this manner.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Sep 11 2015, 05:18 PM
Post #7

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,730

MF has its first meltdown.

Possibly the most embarrassing thread I've seen on here.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Sep 11 2015, 05:19 PM
Post #8

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Danny @ Sep 11 2015, 05:18 PM) *

You specifically asked for it. I gave it to you.

(IMG:https://38.media.tumblr.com/0aeb6c10f9f6d3c5c4b25091eee7ab55/tumblr_inline_mzblzwmeC81rlpk9c.gif)

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Sep 11 2015, 06:28 PM
Post #9

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

QUOTE (Danny @ Sep 11 2015, 07:18 PM) *

Meltdown? Don't be absurd. Isn't everyone supposed to have his own opinion here? I know you advocate your freedom often here, so what's the point in calling this thread embarrassing? All I see is a poster replying to your insinuation while you don't have anything to say in return.

+Quote Post

milanbuf88
post Sep 11 2015, 06:58 PM
Post #10

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Member No.: 7,674

QUOTE (Danny @ Sep 11 2015, 01:18 PM) *

Honestly I think your accusations of han and dismissing his opinions arbitrarily are pretty embarrassing. You dismiss his opinions and then say this:
QUOTE (Danny @ Sep 10 2015, 07:02 PM) *
Guarantee you'd see a different Alex in competitive action. I understand Han's logic on Alex here, and I understand your derision, but Alex, in competitive football for Milan, has basically never once let us down on his own terms.

This summer he wasn't motivated as he thought three times he was leaving - his head was all over the place. Name a footballer who can focus on their current club despite being linked out? Classic recent example is De Gea. He got outright dropped over it.

Just don't think he'd be poor in a competitive match - the guy has been a pro all his career.

Why are your random hunches any better than han's?

Zapata isn't all that great but he's a decent rotational back up.
X is right in that he is the best choice when up against an out of form Alex and not fully fit Mexes, both of whom are better than Zapata when at full strength. The biggest problem is that the way we've been playing recently puts additional pressure on Zapata's biggest weakness which is his passing. Our midfield can't seem to hold the ball worth a damn and as a result we have back pass after back pass to the CBs/Lopez. I really hope that problem isn't exploited but it's certainly an issue. If we had a more solid midfield and there was less need for Zapata to handle the ball I'd feel much better. He's a solid tackler, strong, and able to recover quickly. He and Romagnoli are decent players but we're not playing to their strengths making them play out of the back.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Sep 11 2015, 10:07 PM
Post #11

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (milanbuf88 @ Sep 11 2015, 06:58 PM) *
Honestly I think your accusations of han and dismissing his opinions arbitrarily are pretty embarrassing.

I don't give a f*ck tbh.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Sep 11 2015, 10:09 PM
Post #12

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Sep 11 2015, 06:28 PM) *
Meltdown? Don't be absurd. Isn't everyone supposed to have his own opinion here? I know you advocate your freedom often here, so what's the point in calling this thread embarrassing? All I see is a poster replying to your insinuation while you don't have anything to say in return.

I'd ask you to quote me insinuating but then you'd look as embarrassing as he does. If you don't already.

What a completely w*nky thread with a clique mentality of 'don't disagree with Han, he'll attack you and his cronies will back him up'.

Horrible. Absolutely disgusted with this forum right now.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Sep 11 2015, 10:11 PM
Post #13

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 11 2015, 05:19 PM) *

I didn't ask for anything. As I said, your Zapata tirade is f*cking boring. And this forum is going in that direction if every thread is going to turn into this and it then goes elsewhere.

I come on here to discuss Milan, not to have this drivel dominate the place.

Very disappointing.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Sep 11 2015, 10:37 PM
Post #14

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Danny @ Sep 11 2015, 10:11 PM) *
I didn't ask for anything. As I said, your Zapata tirade is f*cking boring. And this forum is going in that direction if every thread is going to turn into this and it then goes elsewhere.

I come on here to discuss Milan, not to have this drivel dominate the place.

Very disappointing.

QUOTE (Danny @ Sep 7 2015, 10:22 AM) *
Prove it. Prove your point. Show how many times he cost a goal, a point or a win.

Nuff said...

+Quote Post

han2503
post Sep 11 2015, 10:40 PM
Post #15

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

You know what's embarrassing Danny, the fact that you can't accept a strong rebuttal - one you asked for might I add - to your arguments just so you don't admit that at least my opinion on this is valid and not about childish hate like you're saying it is.

I gave you what you wanted and you label it an embarrassing post.

At least x-off replied rationally to it and didn't resort to saying it's an embarrassment as a cop out, even if he wasn't the one who demanded that I prove it.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:39 AM