Rossoneri7
post Aug 3 2022, 09:38 PM
Post #166

Smoking Bianco

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 191

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Aug 3 2022, 02:32 PM) *
This, one million times.

Whoever comes as Kessie's replacement should be someone reliable but willing to warm the bench for the majority of the games. Tonali-Bennacer is our future.

Indeed!

And that type of player is available, who the player is is a mystery to only us. I have a conviction that Maldini and co have a shortlist of players they like. A CB and CDM will be added I believe, be that loan or outright purchase, that is a technicality the club has to manage. However for us fans, the mercato is still open and who knows what their next move could be.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

han2503
post Aug 4 2022, 08:57 PM
Post #167

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Aug 3 2022, 01:21 PM) *
We have no money, man. Budget was reportedly 55-60 mil and we've already spent 40 for CDK, Florenzi and Messias.

Sanches was a bargain because he would be coming for 15 mil, but it's impossible to find someone of that quality for that much money.

Besides, I didn't mean to sign someone of scarce quality (otherwise we already have Pobega and Krunic), but someone who is willing to accept less playing time. Last year Kessie played a lot because Pioli was fixated with him and Bennacer was injured for many games. But personally I was never a fan of Kessie and I'm actually glad he's not here anymore so Isma can get more playing time.

The names of Pape Matar Sarr, Ndombele and Douglas Luiz are being thrown around now. I'd be fine with any of them (though I don't think Douglas Luiz will come).

We don't know what the budget is, but yes it's probably tight, but we can still work something out with loan + obligation/option formula. That midfield area absolutely needs another good player there. I personally don't know how good any of those players really are, I know Ndombele was very highly rated but seemingly fell off a cliff. What Kessie brought aside from a lot of physicality to the pitch was consistency. I don't think he's missed more than 15 games total during his entire time with us. That's insane and with Benna usually having a couple of niggles each season I am worried about what happens when either him or Tonali are not available or might need to be rested.

I really hope this is not turning out to be like last summer with not replacing Hakan

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Aug 5 2022, 11:55 PM
Post #168

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,008

QUOTE (han2503 @ Aug 4 2022, 08:57 PM) *
I really hope this is not turning out to be like last summer with not replacing Hakan

But last summer we replaced Hakan with his sub, i.e. Brahim. This summer we already have two quality CM's, i.e. Tonali and Bennacer. So, it's not exactly the same.

+Quote Post

CrazyMilanFan
post Aug 11 2022, 10:46 AM
Post #169

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 3,873

https://sempremilan.com/milan-juventus-kess...scape-barcelona

although unlikely but i hope he does not come to juve

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Aug 11 2022, 03:25 PM
Post #170

QUOTE (CrazyMilanFan @ Aug 11 2022, 10:46 AM) *
https://sempremilan.com/milan-juventus-kess...scape-barcelona

although unlikely but i hope he does not come to juve

Nah, he'll stay and Barca. Eventually they'll find a way to register them through some sort of escamotage. But man, what's happening at Barca right now is ridiculous. I don't understand how they keep splashing such big money when they're literally on the verge of collapse.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Aug 12 2022, 03:33 PM
Post #171

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Aug 5 2022, 11:55 PM) *
But last summer we replaced Hakan with his sub, i.e. Brahim. This summer we already have two quality CM's, i.e. Tonali and Bennacer. So, it's not exactly the same.

Like I said, last season we had 3 starting quality players for those 2 positions. 1 injury this season and we're screwed. Not to mention last season Pioli rotated the 3 effectively which reduced injuries/fatigue to occur like the season prior to that. This season if we go in with just those 2 we'll have issues, as we cannot rotate and we're in trouble if we have injuries. Case in point Tonali's injury recently. If it had been what they feared we'd have lost him for a month or more. We're basically walking a tight rope.

I'd rather forego getting that CB just to make sure we bring in a good CDM. That's how critical it is to replace Kessie.

Pobega/Bakayoko/Krunic are not going to cut it. And if we have to fall back on them long term because of an injury to either Tonali or Benna then our season is f@cked. I'm 100% sure of that.

Pobega for me is another head scratcher. If Torino wanted him, we should have sold him, especially if the offer was good. He clearly isn't a player that's going to improve that much from what he currently is, and from what I've seen in pre-season against mediocre opposition, he's just not that good.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Aug 12 2022, 08:38 PM
Post #172

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Official: Tomori renews until 2027

Great news. Fikayo is a real one for sure

Still waiting on Bennacer and Leao, we need to be concluding those ASAP. Especially Leao. He's now also nominated for a Ballon D'Or. We need to stop f@cking about with him ad meet his demands. If we let him go to next summer with his current contract we are absolutely f@cked

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Aug 12 2022, 10:17 PM
Post #173

QUOTE (han2503 @ Aug 12 2022, 03:33 PM) *
Like I said, last season we had 3 starting quality players for those 2 positions. 1 injury this season and we're screwed. Not to mention last season Pioli rotated the 3 effectively which reduced injuries/fatigue to occur like the season prior to that. This season if we go in with just those 2 we'll have issues, as we cannot rotate and we're in trouble if we have injuries. Case in point Tonali's injury recently. If it had been what they feared we'd have lost him for a month or more. We're basically walking a tight rope.

I'd rather forego getting that CB just to make sure we bring in a good CDM. That's how critical it is to replace Kessie.

Pobega/Bakayoko/Krunic are not going to cut it. And if we have to fall back on them long term because of an injury to either Tonali or Benna then our season is f@cked. I'm 100% sure of that.

Pobega for me is another head scratcher. If Torino wanted him, we should have sold him, especially if the offer was good. He clearly isn't a player that's going to improve that much from what he currently is, and from what I've seen in pre-season against mediocre opposition, he's just not that good.

I know, man. Don't get me wrong. We definitely need a Kessie replacement, that goes without saying. I'm just saying that this situation is not comparable to Calhanoglu's. Two years ago we had two players for one spot (Calhanoglu, Brahim), we lost one (the starter), we didn't replace him. Last year we had three players for two spots (Kessie, Tonali, Bennacer), we lost one, insofar we haven't replaced him but nonetheless we still have two starters both of whom I rate higher than Kessie. That's the difference.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Aug 13 2022, 10:16 PM
Post #174

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Aug 12 2022, 10:17 PM) *
I know, man. Don't get me wrong. We definitely need a Kessie replacement, that goes without saying. I'm just saying that this situation is not comparable to Calhanoglu's. Two years ago we had two players for one spot (Calhanoglu, Brahim), we lost one (the starter), we didn't replace him. Last year we had three players for two spots (Kessie, Tonali, Bennacer), we lost one, insofar we haven't replaced him but nonetheless we still have two starters both of whom I rate higher than Kessie. That's the difference.

The scenarios are the same though. Kessie, whether we liked it or not, was a starter for us. Pioli generally rotated Tonali and Benna. Probably because Kessie was the physical presence in the pivot plus he rarely ever gets injured so he probably felt comfortable using him more than the others.

Like you said, the AM position we had 2 players for 1 position, and the pivot areas we had 3 players for 2 positions. And we lost a starter in both scenarios. Sure there is a difference between just have Diaz vs Tonali and Benna. But we still have to acknowledge that we're in a pickle here if we cannot properly replace Kessie.

My main reason for mentioning the Hakan case is that we let a player go for free because we're squabbling over salaries and don't want to go above a certain amount, so we're seemingly happy to keep losing players for free just so we can say we have a great salary structure, but we still have to replace these players. And never bringing in any decent transfer fees really hurts our capabilities on the market. So once again, we're stuck in a position as we were last summer, where we just lost a starter for nothing (at least this time he was decent enough not to go to Inter - f@cker), have basically no budget to operate on the market and still have a hole to fill in the squad. This is how we ended up with Messias last season, we panic bought, and now we were too nice to send him back to Crotone because he has a beautiful emergence story (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Aug 14 2022, 12:12 PM
Post #175

QUOTE (han2503 @ Aug 13 2022, 10:16 PM) *
The scenarios are the same though. Kessie, whether we liked it or not, was a starter for us. Pioli generally rotated Tonali and Benna. Probably because Kessie was the physical presence in the pivot plus he rarely ever gets injured so he probably felt comfortable using him more than the others.

Like you said, the AM position we had 2 players for 1 position, and the pivot areas we had 3 players for 2 positions. And we lost a starter in both scenarios. Sure there is a difference between just have Diaz vs Tonali and Benna. But we still have to acknowledge that we're in a pickle here if we cannot properly replace Kessie.

My main reason for mentioning the Hakan case is that we let a player go for free because we're squabbling over salaries and don't want to go above a certain amount, so we're seemingly happy to keep losing players for free just so we can say we have a great salary structure, but we still have to replace these players. And never bringing in any decent transfer fees really hurts our capabilities on the market. So once again, we're stuck in a position as we were last summer, where we just lost a starter for nothing (at least this time he was decent enough not to go to Inter - f@cker), have basically no budget to operate on the market and still have a hole to fill in the squad. This is how we ended up with Messias last season, we panic bought, and now we were too nice to send him back to Crotone because he has a beautiful emergence story (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

But on the bright side, we won the scudetto even without Capanoglu. This season we have 3 players competing for the AM role. As for Kessie, there was nothing to be done. The guy just wanted to try something new. The salary demands, albeit important, were just a pretext to leave. The error was not selling him last summer and earn something out of it, but then again would we have won the scudetto without Kessie? Hard to say, but it goes to show you that sometimes even a bad decision might lead to something fruitful.

PS: Enough with the Messias hate, man. We get it.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Aug 14 2022, 09:07 PM
Post #176

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Aug 14 2022, 12:12 PM) *
But on the bright side, we won the scudetto even without Capanoglu. This season we have 3 players competing for the AM role. As for Kessie, there was nothing to be done. The guy just wanted to try something new. The salary demands, albeit important, were just a pretext to leave. The error was not selling him last summer and earn something out of it, but then again would we have won the scudetto without Kessie? Hard to say, but it goes to show you that sometimes even a bad decision might lead to something fruitful.

PS: Enough with the Messias hate, man. We get it.

We should have never let either the Kessie or Hakan situations get to where they did, and we are currently repeating the same pattern with Leao and Bennacer.

If a player does not want to renew we sell. Ifa renewal is not accepted before they go into the last 2 years of their contract they should be put on the market. It might hurt a bit but it's not such a huge blow as losing them for nothing

As for Messias. Sorry, have nothing against the guy, but I will continue to insist that he is not Milan quality, and the fact that we've willingly walked into another season with him as the starter and Alexis backing him is just not acceptable

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Aug 14 2022, 11:09 PM
Post #177

QUOTE (han2503 @ Aug 14 2022, 09:07 PM) *
We should have never let either the Kessie or Hakan situations get to where they did, and we are currently repeating the same pattern with Leao and Bennacer.

If a player does not want to renew we sell. Ifa renewal is not accepted before they go into the last 2 years of their contract they should be put on the market. It might hurt a bit but it's not such a huge blow as losing them for nothing

As for Messias. Sorry, have nothing against the guy, but I will continue to insist that he is not Milan quality, and the fact that we've willingly walked into another season with him as the starter and Alexis backing him is just not acceptable

No club would ever decide to sell their players simply because they have two years left in their contract. One year left I can understand, but two? Never. Besides, it's not like they didn't want to renew either. Capanoglu was talking about how he was 'constantly in contact with Maldini and Massara' as late as during the Euros, whereas Kessie said during the Olympics that he would 'fix everything' as soon as he returned. It never transpired that they had no intention of renewing until it was too late, and for that we cannot blame our management.

Not to mention the insane commissions that Raiola or Atangana were demanding just for a contract renewal, and the club's policy is severely against that, as it should be. A serious club should never have to pay 10m to an agent just for renewing the contract of a player they already have.

Anyway, we've had this discussion a million times so there's no point in going back to it.

Regarding Messias, I repeat, he's a great sub to have. Much better than Saladmaker. For a starter? Nope. And I was convinced we signed CDK for the RW position, but I'm not so sure about it anymore as Pioli so far keeps placing him as AM. We really cannot have another season with only Messias and Salad on the right. It's unacceptable. Please get Ziyech, or play CDK there with Adli and Brahim fighting for the AM spot.

This post has been edited by X-Offender: Aug 14 2022, 11:13 PM

+Quote Post

han2503
post Aug 15 2022, 10:07 AM
Post #178

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Aug 14 2022, 11:09 PM) *
No club would ever decide to sell their players simply because they have two years left in their contract. One year left I can understand, but two? Never. Besides, it's not like they didn't want to renew either. Capanoglu was talking about how he was 'constantly in contact with Maldini and Massara' as late as during the Euros, whereas Kessie said during the Olympics that he would 'fix everything' as soon as he returned. It never transpired that they had no intention of renewing until it was too late, and for that we cannot blame our management.

Not to mention the insane commissions that Raiola or Atangana were demanding just for a contract renewal, and the club's policy is severely against that, as it should be. A serious club should never have to pay 10m to an agent just for renewing the contract of a player they already have.

Anyway, we've had this discussion a million times so there's no point in going back to it.

Regarding Messias, I repeat, he's a great sub to have. Much better than Saladmaker. For a starter? Nope. And I was convinced we signed CDK for the RW position, but I'm not so sure about it anymore as Pioli so far keeps placing him as AM. We really cannot have another season with only Messias and Salad on the right. It's unacceptable. Please get Ziyech, or play CDK there with Adli and Brahim fighting for the AM spot.

The issue with letting it go to the final year is that you lose all your negotiating power. Because a player can start talking with other clubs during that final year. Going into next summer with both Leao and Benna still on their current deals would be suicidal. That is 200m worth of assets we would be putting on the line. Players can easily say they don't want to renew and they don't want to leave in their final year, just as Kessie did. Then you are screwed. While on the final 2 years no player would risk being benched for 2 seasons so the clubs still has power in the negotiations.

I don't even consider Messias that great a sub. Let's be real here. It's not lik he's some electric player who coms on and makes the difference. Ziyech for me is a must, but having wasted 4m on Messias which could have been used as a down payment on a loan for Ziyech, I doubt we'll get him or any other winger for that matter. Which has been my issue all along with the Messias signing. Because I knew they would have seen him as the solution rather than the backup you've always said he'd be. The only smart decision with regards to Messias would have been to sign him and move him on fo some profit. Keeping him as our starter was always ridiculous

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Aug 15 2022, 12:26 PM
Post #179

QUOTE (han2503 @ Aug 15 2022, 10:07 AM) *
The issue with letting it go to the final year is that you lose all your negotiating power. Because a player can start talking with other clubs during that final year. Going into next summer with both Leao and Benna still on their current deals would be suicidal. That is 200m worth of assets we would be putting on the line. Players can easily say they don't want to renew and they don't want to leave in their final year, just as Kessie did. Then you are screwed. While on the final 2 years no player would risk being benched for 2 seasons so the clubs still has power in the negotiations.

I don't even consider Messias that great a sub. Let's be real here. It's not lik he's some electric player who coms on and makes the difference. Ziyech for me is a must, but having wasted 4m on Messias which could have been used as a down payment on a loan for Ziyech, I doubt we'll get him or any other winger for that matter. Which has been my issue all along with the Messias signing. Because I knew they would have seen him as the solution rather than the backup you've always said he'd be. The only smart decision with regards to Messias would have been to sign him and move him on fo some profit. Keeping him as our starter was always ridiculous

Then let?s agree to disagree. You don?t rate Messias, I do, so let?s move on.

As for the contracts, it?s not like we?re the only club losing players on a free. Rudiger, Christensen, Alaba, Perisic, Depay, Dybala just on the top of my head. But I really don?t want to question the club?s decision for letting those contracts run out. They?re not idiots. There must be a valid, strategic reason which neither of us are aware of.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Aug 15 2022, 01:55 PM
Post #180

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Aug 15 2022, 12:26 PM) *
Then let?s agree to disagree. You don?t rate Messias, I do, so let?s move on.

As for the contracts, it?s not like we?re the only club losing players on a free. Rudiger, Christensen, Alaba, Perisic, Depay, Dybala just on the top of my head. But I really don?t want to question the club?s decision for letting those contracts run out. They?re not idiots. There must be a valid, strategic reason which neither of us are aware of.

It's not about me or you rating him though. It's about whether or not he's good enough t be a starter for a team like Milan. The Italian Champion and a CL side... He's shown us last season that's he's limited. Can be decent at times but nothing more. I just think this club needs better than the likes of Messias, there are other players that I don't think are or the right quality, but none of them are presumed to be starters by the club so it irks a lot less.

Sure, players now a days are pushing for the bosman move. Why? Because it is far more lucrative for them and their agent. Moving clubs on a free gives them endless power in negotiations. They can demand signing on bonuses, higher salaries and their agents get commissions on top of that as well. But that is why you have to be aggressive and at time ruthless as well when dealing with players who are twisting your arm. And that is why you don't let contracts dwindle to the final year.

+Quote Post

17 Pages V  « < 10 11 12 13 14 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:38 AM