milanbuf88
post Aug 21 2017, 10:19 AM
Post #1501

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 7,674

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Aug 21 2017, 06:15 AM) *
Hopefully not Keita.

Why not? Did his desire for Juve sour him for you?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Aug 21 2017, 10:39 AM
Post #1502

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Member No.: 2,008

QUOTE (milanbuf88 @ Aug 21 2017, 10:19 AM) *
Why not? Did his desire for Juve sour him for you?

I guess it has.

The fact that we want to sign a winger makes me think Montella wants to stick to 4-3-3.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Aug 21 2017, 11:49 AM
Post #1503

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Aug 21 2017, 10:10 AM) *
Yeah, but did Suso renew his contract? Last time I checked this was still an open issue, yes?

Niang leaving would be good, and no to Torino. They're really laughable, first they want astronomical money for a one season wonder, now they offer low bids for one of our own players. Very annoying.

Gomez leaving is a bit sad but I guess reasonable. Hopefully this doesn't mean we're gonna keep Paletta.

And what is a "super external attacker"?

He will and he seems very determined to stay at Milan, he still has 2 years left on his deal and apparently all is agreed for his renewal. So I'm sure we'll keep him and tell Inter to F off in the process

I get you don't want to do Toro any favours but selling Niang is a must atm, so I'd rather pocket their 13m if he wants to go there than try to push him to Russia for the 20m and he rejects it so we end up stuck with him

Agreed about Gomez but apparently the offer is very good (13-14m is what's being reported)

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Aug 21 2017, 10:15 AM) *
Hopefully not Keita.

His agent will meet with Mirabelli today so it very well could be, and I'm personally more than okay with that

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Aug 21 2017, 10:39 AM) *
I guess it has.

The fact that we want to sign a winger makes me think Montella wants to stick to 4-3-3.

I think the fact that we're going after someone with Keita's characteristics is more telling imo. He had his breakout season playing as SS. He can play both positions, and looking at out squad and how flexible it can be I think Keita would be a great fit.

The 4-3-3 is just on paper, we've played many different variations in pre-season, despite always starting with it

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Aug 21 2017, 11:52 AM
Post #1504

When I say 4-3-3 I mean a system that utilizes the wings. It can also e 4-2-3-1 or 4-2-4. If we play with a 3-man backline then the only viable solution would be 3-4-3, but that means a couple of important players would have to warm the bench.

+Quote Post

Fishdoll
post Aug 21 2017, 12:04 PM
Post #1505

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 7,075

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but Kalinic is having his medical today.

Edited to add crazy rumor of the day: Marchisio is on the market according to Gazzetta. Normally I'd call BS but given what happened with Bonucci, I'm not so sure. Not saying Milan would want or have need of him, but it's an odd rumor to crop up.

This post has been edited by Fishdoll: Aug 21 2017, 12:08 PM

+Quote Post

han2503
post Aug 21 2017, 12:33 PM
Post #1506

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Aug 21 2017, 11:52 AM) *
When I say 4-3-3 I mean a system that utilizes the wings. It can also e 4-2-3-1 or 4-2-4. If we play with a 3-man backline then the only viable solution would be 3-4-3, but that means a couple of important players would have to warm the bench.

Agreed on that but Keita can play as a striker while Suso can play as an AM

The possibilities for what set up we use in attack are endless with those players, not to mention Hakan and Bona

I'd personally like to see us move away from a 4-3-3 and go to a 3 at the back, and it doesn't have to be 3-4-3, it can be a 3-4-2-1, 3-4-1-2 or a 3-5-2 depending on who's available and how Montella wants to set the team up

The 4-3-3 for us is just too dependent on wingers and with Suso being our only out and out winger, even if we sign another winger, it wouldn't make much sense to go for such a formation

QUOTE (Fishdoll @ Aug 21 2017, 12:04 PM) *
Not sure if it's been mentioned, but Kalinic is having his medical today.

Edited to add crazy rumor of the day: Marchisio is on the market according to Gazzetta. Normally I'd call BS but given what happened with Bonucci, I'm not so sure. Not saying Milan would want or have need of him, but it's an odd rumor to crop up.

I like Marchisio a lot but he seems to be struggling physically as of late. All those injuries have taken their toll on him.

Would still take him if the opportunity arises though (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Aug 21 2017, 01:18 PM
Post #1507

We already have three wingers in Suso, Bonaventura and Borini. The first two are clear starters, Borini can play on each side. If we sign another replacement winger like El Ghazi then we can comfortably play 4-2-3-1 without having to bench players that otherwise would get upset if they did get benched.

Say, we sign Keita and play 3-4-2-1. You realize that it only allows for three attacking players. Assume those three are Suso, Bonaventura and Silva. Then Calhanoglu, Keita, Kalinic, Cutrone and Borini all get benched. Last two aside, I can only assume that Hakan, Keita and Kalinic would get upset being second fiddle.

And I'm not a big fan of constant rotation between players...

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Aug 21 2017, 01:42 PM
Post #1508

Suso is close to renewing his contract according to Mediaset.

+Quote Post

Forza Milan!
post Aug 21 2017, 02:10 PM
Post #1509

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Member No.: 12,353

This Marchisio thing appears to be gaining momentum (link). Would say "no way this is going to happen", except last time I did I ended up eating my words ...

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Aug 21 2017, 02:18 PM
Post #1510

A player past his prime. Would be a decent sub but that's it. I read that Juve want Locatelli or Bonaventura in the deal. They can forget about Jack.

+Quote Post

Fishdoll
post Aug 21 2017, 02:49 PM
Post #1511

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 7,075

Not sure it'd be the best of buys if it did happen (though this fish surely wouldn't mind ogling Marchisio), but for the time being it surely is fun to watch the collective meltdown of Gobbi twitter.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Aug 21 2017, 03:20 PM
Post #1512

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,730

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Aug 21 2017, 02:18 PM) *
A player past his prime. Would be a decent sub but that's it. I read that Juve want Locatelli or Bonaventura in the deal. They can forget about Jack.

They can take Locasmelli (I'm so immature) with my blessing.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Aug 21 2017, 09:16 PM
Post #1513

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Aug 21 2017, 01:18 PM) *
We already have three wingers in Suso, Bonaventura and Borini. The first two are clear starters, Borini can play on each side. If we sign another replacement winger like El Ghazi then we can comfortably play 4-2-3-1 without having to bench players that otherwise would get upset if they did get benched.

Say, we sign Keita and play 3-4-2-1. You realize that it only allows for three attacking players. Assume those three are Suso, Bonaventura and Silva. Then Calhanoglu, Keita, Kalinic, Cutrone and Borini all get benched. Last two aside, I can only assume that Hakan, Keita and Kalinic would get upset being second fiddle.

And I'm not a big fan of constant rotation between players...

The notion that we have to play all the good players has to be scrapped now. Great teams have great players sitting on the bench

I'd rather have a squad brimming with talent and giving Montella selection headaches rather than just 11 good players and then we're f@cked when one of them gets injured

it's not written in stone that Jack/Hakan/Kalinic/silva have to start. They all have to earn their place. The only sure starters for me right now are Bonucci, Donna, Rodriguez, Conti, Kessie and Suso. The rest can all be interchanged. Competition for places is a good thing, somehow I feel like we've forgotten this, the moment we sign 2 good players for the same position we have a melt down trying to figure out how we can fit them all in

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Aug 21 2017, 09:39 PM
Post #1514

QUOTE (han2503 @ Aug 21 2017, 09:16 PM) *
The notion that we have to play all the good players has to be scrapped now. Great teams have great players sitting on the bench

I'd rather have a squad brimming with talent and giving Montella selection headaches rather than just 11 good players and then we're f@cked when one of them gets injured

it's not written in stone that Jack/Hakan/Kalinic/silva have to start. They all have to earn their place. The only sure starters for me right now are Bonucci, Donna, Rodriguez, Conti, Kessie and Suso. The rest can all be interchanged. Competition for places is a good thing, somehow I feel like we've forgotten this, the moment we sign 2 good players for the same position we have a melt down trying to figure out how we can fit them all in

I disagree. I think we must find a solid formation with the best possible 11 and stick to it. That's how great teams operate. Ancelotti's Milan changed during the years, but it always had the bulk of Nesta, Maldini, Pirlo, Gattuso, Seedorf, Kaka', Shevchenko and Inzaghi at its core because those were our best players and you couldn't bench any of them unless they were injured.

Rotating players on a constant basis is a very detrimental thing that doesn't bring stability to the team. I don't want to see Jack start one game only to bench him the next one in favour of Hakan.

+Quote Post

Forza Milan!
post Aug 21 2017, 10:21 PM
Post #1515

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Member No.: 12,353

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Aug 21 2017, 10:39 PM) *
I disagree. I think we must find a solid formation with the best possible 11 and stick to it. That's how great teams operate. Ancelotti's Milan changed during the years, but it always had the bulk of Nesta, Maldini, Pirlo, Gattuso, Seedorf, Kaka', Shevchenko and Inzaghi at its core because those were our best players and you couldn't bench any of them unless they were injured.

Rotating players on a constant basis is a very detrimental thing that doesn't bring stability to the team. I don't want to see Jack start one game only to bench him the next one in favour of Hakan.

With EL games on a Thursday you need rotation.

+Quote Post

114 Pages V  « < 99 100 101 102 103 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
4 User(s) are reading this topic (4 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 11:18 PM