Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Summer Transfers 2017

X-Offender
post Aug 22 2017, 12:58 PM
Post #1531

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,008

By the way, looks like Monaco are set to pay Belotti's 100M clause with the money they'll get from Mbappe...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

William405
post Aug 22 2017, 01:03 PM
Post #1532

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 7,239

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Aug 22 2017, 02:47 PM) *
His scoring record is not the greatest. He's never scored +20 goals in the league only in his entire career.

Yeah, though I think this could very well be the right environment for him to hit +20 goals as he enters his peak!

What's also good is that he can help the team play, and is not as transparent as Bacca. I also think he really really wanted Milan which is always a plus!

He's not a big star signing, but honestly I think it's a very smart one. 25million(with 5 being paid now and 20 in the summer) is close to nothing with the prices going around today.

Of-course, I would have loved a big star signing, but at this point..it wouldn't make any sense!

This post has been edited by William405: Aug 22 2017, 01:03 PM

+Quote Post

William405
post Aug 22 2017, 01:04 PM
Post #1533

Allievi Regionali B

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Aug 22 2017, 02:58 PM) *
By the way, looks like Monaco are set to pay Belotti's 100M clause with the money they'll get from Mbappe...

Fff, ridiculous fees..oh well. Torino pissed me off too much with their antics and then they dare to go and ask for Niang..whatever.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Aug 22 2017, 01:08 PM
Post #1534

QUOTE (William405 @ Aug 22 2017, 01:03 PM) *
I also think he really really wanted Milan which is always a plus!

Well, between a re-emerging Milan and a decimated Fiorentina it's no surprise he wanted to sign for us.

+Quote Post

William405
post Aug 22 2017, 01:12 PM
Post #1535

Allievi Regionali B

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Aug 22 2017, 02:56 PM) *
Fassone said that with Kalinic our squad is complete. Supposing Paletta, Gomez, Sosa and Niang will be sold, here's what it looks like for now:

GKs
G. Donnarumma
A. Donnarumma
Storari

Defenders
Bonucci
Musacchio
Romagnoli
Zapata
Conti
Abate
Calabria
Rodriguez
Antonelli

Midfielders
Biglia
Montolivo
Locatelli
Kessie
Mauri
Calhanoglu
Bonaventura
Suso

Forwards
André Silva
Kalinic
Cutrone
Borini

That's 24 players. I think Calabria, Locatelli and Mauri need to be loaned out, and we need to bring in a vice-Kessie (Krychowiak?) and another winger. Then we'd be settled for good.

The squad looks good. I would keep Locatelli...honestly. But, yes I would definitely loan out Calabria and Mauri.

A Vice-Kessie and a winger are good ideas.

Do you have any idea on the total expenditure on transfers if we count in the money we got from sales? I know that we've spent around 200 million, but I guess we could finally get almost 50million from sales. I have to say around 150million for a new squad is just smart investment all around. PSG has paid more for one player (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post

William405
post Aug 22 2017, 01:13 PM
Post #1536

Allievi Regionali B

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Aug 22 2017, 03:08 PM) *
Well, between a re-emerging Milan and a decimated Fiorentina it's no surprise he wanted to sign for us.

Yes, that is true. I can imagine he had other offers though, no? He obviously wanted to jump out of that sinking ship though.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Aug 22 2017, 02:33 PM
Post #1537

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,730

You're all calling Fio a sinking ship. Didn't they need to be afloat in the first place? Been a long time since they were relevant.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Aug 22 2017, 03:49 PM
Post #1538

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Aug 21 2017, 09:39 PM) *
I disagree. I think we must find a solid formation with the best possible 11 and stick to it. That's how great teams operate. Ancelotti's Milan changed during the years, but it always had the bulk of Nesta, Maldini, Pirlo, Gattuso, Seedorf, Kaka', Shevchenko and Inzaghi at its core because those were our best players and you couldn't bench any of them unless they were injured.

Rotating players on a constant basis is a very detrimental thing that doesn't bring stability to the team. I don't want to see Jack start one game only to bench him the next one in favour of Hakan.

I think you misunderstood my point.

Atm we don't have a set squad, we're thinking of Bona as untouchable atm but with the injuries and the fact that we have a better squad now his position will have to come into question

What I said was players needed to fight for their places, competition in the team is always good, the lack of competition is what made our players so complacent in the first place during these last few years.

I'm not saying we rotate the team constantly, I'm saying we get the best squad we can get assembled, even if there are 2/3 good options for some positions and see what would be the best IX then we stick to that and rotate as necessary (fatigue and/or injury). Having Keita and Bona fighting for 1 LW spot is something to be happy about and not something to worry about

QUOTE (Forza Milan! @ Aug 21 2017, 10:23 PM) *
New offer for Niang (link). Not sure who is more crazy, Spartak for throwing this kind of money at a mediocre player, or Niang for holding out for Toro (who will pay him a lot less).

The f@cker just doesn't want to f@ck off does he

Toro/Spartak whichever just go FFS! The 22m from Spartak is insane for Niang, he'd be an idiot to refuse that money, but I can understand the human perspective in this. If I were him I'd definitely think twice about going to Russia, but for that kind of cash I'd suck it up for a couple of years and then move on

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Aug 21 2017, 11:02 PM) *
What's the point of having both Jack and Hakan if you can only play one? Even worse if you add Keita into the mix. It's important that we find the definite formation and line-up and we stick to that, otherwise we'll never achieve continuity if we keep rotating players in every game.

First off, I don't view Hakan and Jack as occupying the same roles. I think Hakan is better in a more central area while Jack is much better starting from wide. The 2 can co-exist in the same line up (4-2-3-1 being the obvious). If Keita were to come he'd be competing with Jack for space. Also, we need someone like Keita because he'd bring speed/power to an attacking line that a bit too soft imo. sure we have passers and dribblers like Suso/Bona/Hakan/Silva/heck even Kalinic, but we lack that real change of pace and Keita would bring that to the table for us, making our front line very versatile and unpredictable

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Aug 22 2017, 09:51 AM) *
I don't get your argument X. By reflecting to the Ancelotti years you basically acknowledged what Han said, because even back then we had a core of 6-7 players and the rest rotated. Nesta, Maldini, Pirlo, Rino, Zee, Kaka and Sheva were the standard players. Pippo was in and out due to injury, so were players like Janku, Serginho, Cafu, Stam, Ambro, etc.

All in all, rotation is necessary. We have players who've become quite injury prone like Monto or now Bona. We also play on three different fronts for the first time in 3 years. So what we need now is depth and differentiated tactical options.

As for Marchisio, he might be past his prime, but in pre-season games he mostly looked very good. Sure, he's also injury prone but if he's really up to leaving, he'd still be a massive upgrade in midfield.

This

I'm not saying we rotate each weak, but competition for spots is good. So far we only have a handful of players who can be classified as sure starters, the rest will have to earn their spots. And having just a good 11 while the bench is a bit subpar would be a big downfall for us

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Aug 22 2017, 10:56 AM) *
That doesn't mean that we should rotate players on a constant basis. We need to establish a solid starting eleven and build our game around that.

Jack mentioned Madrid as an example, but in actuality if every player is fit Zidane will always play with Navas, Carvajal, Ramos, Varane, Marcelo, Casemiro, Kroos, Modric, Isco, Ronaldo and Benzema.

The only reason these players don't always start is when there are injuries or someone needs to rest. And this is what I'm saying. We need to apply the same logic, find our best line-up and stick to that. Rest players every now and then.

Yes, and if any one of those players is injured/tired they have a top class replacement for him on the bench

QUOTE (Danny @ Aug 22 2017, 11:54 AM) *
With the emergence of Cutrone this signing is horrifying me a bit less than it was.

Why would it horrify you to begin with? Kalinic might not be a huge name but he's a very capable striker and most importantly a team player which is something Montella specifically wanted

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Aug 22 2017, 12:56 PM) *
Fassone said that with Kalinic our squad is complete. Supposing Paletta, Gomez, Sosa and Niang will be sold, here's what it looks like for now:

GKs
G. Donnarumma
A. Donnarumma
Storari

Defenders
Bonucci
Musacchio
Romagnoli
Zapata
Conti
Abate
Calabria
Rodriguez
Antonelli

Midfielders
Biglia
Montolivo
Locatelli
Kessie
Mauri
Calhanoglu
Bonaventura
Suso

Forwards
André Silva
Kalinic
Cutrone
Borini

That's 24 players. I think Calabria, Locatelli and Mauri need to be loaned out, and we need to bring in a vice-Kessie (Krychowiak?) and another winger. Then we'd be settled for good.

I think Fassone said that to shut the media up a bit. My guess is that we'll make signings for the positions we sell players from. i.e if Niang leaves we'll go for a winger, if Sosa leaves we'll go for a CM. 24 players is really not enough for a club that's involved in 3 competitions, a couple of injures (which we're already experiencing) and we're f@cked big time. Going into a season relying on Borini to be your 2nd choice LW after spending all the money would be bonkers

I just hopes Niang finally accepts that huge contract and just goes, someone seriously has to knock some sense into this guy

QUOTE (William405 @ Aug 22 2017, 01:12 PM) *
The squad looks good. I would keep Locatelli...honestly. But, yes I would definitely loan out Calabria and Mauri.

A Vice-Kessie and a winger are good ideas.

Do you have any idea on the total expenditure on transfers if we count in the money we got from sales? I know that we've spent around 200 million, but I guess we could finally get almost 50million from sales. I have to say around 150million for a new squad is just smart investment all around. PSG has paid more for one player (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

I think we'll sell 3/4 more players and bring in 2/3 new players

Which would leave us with a 27 man squad, a very good number if we want to compete on all fronts this season

+Quote Post

han2503
post Aug 22 2017, 03:57 PM
Post #1539

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Jose Sosa has accepted to join Trabzonspor. Agreement between the Turkish club and Milan is close [TMW].

Milan refused a loan + option to buy offer for Gustavo Gomez from Fenerbahce. [@DiMarzio]

Gustavo Gomez's agent: "Gomez will stay at Milan." (via @AntoVitiello)

Suso is not on the market and Milan never considered him for sale. He'll soon, along with his agent, discuss the renewal with the club [Sky]

Milan have an agreement with Lazio for the sale of Paletta. Now the player needs to agree terms with the Biancocelesti [Sky].

Milan have dismissed reports about their intention to submit an offer for Marchisio [Di Marzio]

Good news about Gomez and Paletta respectively. We should definitely keep Gomez as he's shown promise, plus it will save us the headache of having to look for another CB. Paletta finally going is also great, hopefully he agreed terms with Lazio quickly

Even greater news about Sosa (maybe we'll get 4-5m out of him)

This Niang thing is really dragging, someone needs to sit him down and tell him that he has no future at Milan and that he should accept the move.

I think once all 3 players are sold we'll go for 1 CM and 1 LW

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Aug 22 2017, 04:17 PM
Post #1540

Of course Borini will be our second-choice winger. That's what we brought him for. And it's totally fine.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Aug 22 2017, 07:05 PM
Post #1541

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Aug 22 2017, 04:17 PM) *
Of course Borini will be our second-choice winger. That's what we brought him for. And it's totally fine.

I'd hope that wasn't what we brought him for but to be a utility player who can play all across the attack in case we're in big trouble in terms of injuries

Borini shouldn't be the second choice for any team that has high ambitions, he's very limited and doesn't provide much of anything. Niang is probably better if we want to get into technicalities here

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Aug 22 2017, 07:10 PM
Post #1542

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

Agreed.

So Fassone said we're complete? No more signings?

+Quote Post

han2503
post Aug 22 2017, 07:14 PM
Post #1543

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Aug 22 2017, 07:10 PM) *
Agreed.

So Fassone said we're complete? No more signings?

I don't think he was baing truthful though, they don't want to promise anymore signings because they depend on whether or not we manage to sell Paletta, Sosa and Niang

Once those 3 are gone I'm expecting a CM and a winger

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Aug 22 2017, 07:18 PM
Post #1544

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

Hmh, I'm not sure anymore. Fassone isn't Fester.

Oh and, why the hell have we given up on Ibra? Is it Raiola or?

+Quote Post

han2503
post Aug 22 2017, 07:34 PM
Post #1545

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Aug 22 2017, 07:18 PM) *
Hmh, I'm not sure anymore. Fassone isn't Fester.

Oh and, why the hell have we given up on Ibra? Is it Raiola or?

If they're looking to sell 3 players while we're still short in attack I think they want to wait until they manage to sell those. They won't put pressure and announce a new signing will only come if Niang leaves for example as that would put the fans on his back even more. I think they're going to take things lightly until all 3 players mentioned are gone.

Because it really makes zero sense to go into a season still relying on a 4-3-3 with just one winger and two sort of wingers

According to most reports Mirabelli never really gave up on Keita, so we could see developments there if Niang leaves. They'd just say that the opportunity came up to sign him and they couldn't pass it by, just like with Bonucci who wasn't really planned

+Quote Post

114 Pages V  « < 101 102 103 104 105 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:52 AM