William405
post Sep 23 2018, 06:53 PM
Post #46

Allievi Regionali B

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 7,239

QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 23 2018, 08:52 PM) *
That contract we gave him...

He shouldn't be playing at this point. His "catching" and punching has been all over the place. While his shot stopping has been mediocre at best for over a year now

Agreed.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

han2503
Post #47

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

Oh FFS!

+Quote Post

han2503
Post #48

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

2-2

Another 2 points lost

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Sep 23 2018, 06:54 PM
Post #49

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Member No.: 2,008

Deserved.

This team is a mess.

+Quote Post

William405
post Sep 23 2018, 06:57 PM
Post #50

Allievi Regionali B

Man (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

+Quote Post

William405
post Sep 23 2018, 07:00 PM
Post #51

Allievi Regionali B

Such a let down.

We didn't know how to handle the situation when we were winning.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Sep 23 2018, 07:04 PM
Post #52

Leonardo should start consider sacking Gattuso. What have we achieved thus far?

A loss to Napoli after being 2 up
Win in the last second against a terrible, terrible Roma side
Draw against a crappy Cagliari
Draw at home against a struggling Atalanta

But it's not just the results. It's the game that's lacking. I mean, we're so predictable. We mainly rely on simple passes and long balls. We're not able to play horizontally without losing the ball. The players are too static, and the spirit is just not there.

I feel like a player of Higuain's calibre is just being wasted here. He should have never signed for us for his own sake.

+Quote Post

maldini03
post Sep 23 2018, 07:12 PM
Post #53

Esordienti A 95

Member No.: 2,029

Such a disappointment. I am fuming with this team today. Looks like Gattuso still hasn't found out which players he can throw into a game to change it for us. Our bench is sparse and you would think Bakayoko would help solidify that midfield but he just doesn't bring any steel into the team.

We need upgrades in the winter window. Should have had all three points today.

Looking on the bright side we had a few players play well today, namely Suso, Higuain, and Bona.

I was thinking throughout the game that our cbs were playing well but you can't concede two goals like that. Calabria is one of the best rbs in the league going forward but his marking is poor on crosses. RR is similar. Kessie provides endless running and sometimes looks like a monster sometimes he looks scared and flat. Biglia was also playing well but lost the plot at the end of the game, you would think a general with his qualities would be able to command two runners like Kessie and Baka but he loses his nerve at the end of the game.

Calhanoglu was poor today looked completely lost, hasn't really found his groove with Higuain yet, while Suso has. Donna looked awful on the corners and crosses. For a 6'5" guy you would think he would own everything in the air but he looks so shaky and confused.

Gattuso did well today, the Abate sub was the right one and in theory so was the Baka sub. I would have thrown Laxalt on instead of Samu if he planned to just close out the game because Laxalt runs for days.

Overall the team doesn't know how to play like a big team. A big team kills that game off and knows how to hold up the ball and slow things down. We do not know how to do that.

Going forward I want to see Caldara start. Mussachio has been okay but our defense has been shaky. Since that is the reality I would rather see the young future star in Caldara over Mussachio.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Sep 23 2018, 07:21 PM
Post #54

QUOTE (maldini03 @ Sep 23 2018, 07:12 PM) *
Such a disappointment. I am fuming with this team today. Looks like Gattuso still hasn't found out which players he can throw into a game to change it for us. Our bench is sparse and you would think Bakayoko would help solidify that midfield but he just doesn't bring any steel into the team.

We need upgrades in the winter window. Should have had all three points today.

Looking on the bright side we had a few players play well today, namely Suso, Higuain, and Bona.

I was thinking throughout the game that our cbs were playing well but you can't concede two goals like that. Calabria is one of the best rbs in the league going forward but his marking is poor on crosses. RR is similar. Kessie provides endless running and sometimes looks like a monster sometimes he looks scared and flat. Biglia was also playing well but lost the plot at the end of the game, you would think a general with his qualities would be able to command two runners like Kessie and Baka but he loses his nerve at the end of the game.

Calhanoglu was poor today looked completely lost, hasn't really found his groove with Higuain yet, while Suso has. Donna looked awful on the corners and crosses. For a 6'5" guy you would think he would own everything in the air but he looks so shaky and confused.

Gattuso did well today, the Abate sub was the right one and in theory so was the Baka sub. I would have thrown Laxalt on instead of Samu if he planned to just close out the game because Laxalt runs for days.

Overall the team doesn't know how to play like a big team. A big team kills that game off and knows how to hold up the ball and slow things down. We do not know how to do that.

Going forward I want to see Caldara start. Mussachio has been okay but our defense has been shaky. Since that is the reality I would rather see the young future star in Caldara over Mussachio.

The game man, the game. We don't have an identity. Or rather, we do have one, but it's that of a provincial side. And that's reflected in our mentality and vice-versa.

How does a team like Lazio with such an average line-up on paper play so well? They might lose all the big matches, but they win most of those games that count against the average/poor sides, hence they're always fighting for that 4th spot every season.

It's because Inzaghi has taught them how to play as a unit. We're just all over the place instead. Gattuso just isn't the man for this job I'm afraid.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Sep 23 2018, 08:56 PM
Post #55

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 23 2018, 08:32 PM) *
What is wrong with Hakan? It's the second match in a row that he is sucking.

I told you so (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif) . But well, I haven't been listening.

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 23 2018, 08:54 PM) *
Deserved.

This team is a mess.

I disagree. Atalanta started pushing forward, that's true, but it really isn't a deserved draw, we lost the win rather unlucky and in a typically tragicomic way.

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 23 2018, 09:04 PM) *
Leonardo should start consider sacking Gattuso. What have we achieved thus far?

A loss to Napoli after being 2 up
Win in the last second against a terrible, terrible Roma side
Draw against a crappy Cagliari
Draw at home against a struggling Atalanta

But it's not just the results. It's the game that's lacking. I mean, we're so predictable. We mainly rely on simple passes and long balls. We're not able to play horizontally without losing the ball. The players are too static, and the spirit is just not there.

I feel like a player of Higuain's calibre is just being wasted here. He should have never signed for us for his own sake.

It's too soon.

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 23 2018, 09:21 PM) *
The game man, the game. We don't have an identity. Or rather, we do have one, but it's that of a provincial side. And that's reflected in our mentality and vice-versa.

How does a team like Lazio with such an average line-up on paper play so well? They might lose all the big matches, but they win most of those games that count against the average/poor sides, hence they're always fighting for that 4th spot every season.

It's because Inzaghi has taught them how to play as a unit. We're just all over the place instead. Gattuso just isn't the man for this job I'm afraid.

I disagree. Lazio have it easier because they're a different team to begin with. They're a smaller team with a different mentality. The pressure at Milan, the expectations and the whole team setup is different. We haven't been top for years but it's still a big club, whereas Lazio turned/stayed this proud small team happy to grab anything above 6th place. They have a integrated squad with players who have been playing for them for years. On paper only Higuain and perhaps Romagnoli are better players; their midfield allows them to play compact, speedy and offensive football.

We are predictable because we have so little to work with. Our midfield and our wings (bar Suso of course) are disintegrated and limited, which surely isn't up to Rino.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Sep 23 2018, 09:14 PM
Post #56

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Sep 23 2018, 08:56 PM) *
I told you so (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif) . But well, I haven't been listening.

If you're talking about him being inconsistent, that I can accept. But his qualities as a player are unquestionable. I'd say after Higuain he is by far our best player, even better than Suso.

It's too soon.

Is it? We have the same team as last year bar Higuain. Gattuso has been dealing with these players for some time now, yet after all these months we haven't really improved that much.

I disagree. Lazio have it easier because they're a different team to begin with. They're a smaller team with a different mentality. The pressure at Milan, the expectations and the whole team setup is different. We haven't been top for years but it's still a big club, whereas Lazio turned/stayed this proud small team happy to grab anything above 6th place. They have a integrated squad with players who have been playing for them for years. On paper only Higuain and perhaps Romagnoli are better players; their midfield allows them to play compact, speedy and offensive football.

We are predictable because we have so little to work with. Our midfield and our wings (bar Suso of course) are disintegrated and limited, which surely isn't up to Rino.

Look, I was the first one to admit that our midfield and fullbacks are mediocre, but if you're somehow implying that the coach is not as important as the players I'm afraid you're gravely mistaken. Sure, Lazio don't have as much as pressure as we do, but I think Inzaghi has clearly shown that he is a very capable coach. What has Gattuso achieved thus far in his career? Nothing but one failure after the other.

I love Rino, honestly I do, but we must look at things objectively here. If he isn't able to give an identity to this bunch of players, then he must be shown the door.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Sep 24 2018, 07:47 PM
Post #57

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

I think we'd all agree that we wanted a more seasoned coach, because that is what this team has needed for a while. The experiments with rookie coaches have been a huge failure.

You can't bring in someone with no experience into a team that has been in a constant state of upheaval for years now. It will only continue to add to the confusion. We need someone who has the experience and the right mentality to change the way our players approach football in the broad sense. That is not going to come from someone who's never achieved anything in the coaching arena, no matter how great a player he was.

We need someone who will come in and stabilize this ship. Otherwise this endless cycle is not going to change. Someone above said that we don't know how to win games like a big team anymore. We used to know how to do this but it's been lost among all the changes and downgrades that have happened over time in this team. And only a proper coach can instill this back into the side.

When Conte was available in the summer, I said from the get-go that we should move in for him. Rino deserves his due respect, but you simply cannot pass up on the chance to bring in a coach of his caliber when he's available and probably also willing to join. Giving Rino that long term contract was another mistake in the long list committed by our former roughshod management.

If things continue in this vein, I can't see Elliot affording Rino much patience. They'll be ruthless just as they have been in all the other moves they've made so far.

The fundamental basics atm are simply wrong. We played a terrible game against Napoli. We played a great game against Roma, but in hindsight you have to admit that Roma being terrible helped make us look better than we are, we played another terrible game against Cagliari, we embarrassed ourselves against a bunch of part-timers and played a decent 45 minutes against Atalanta only to p!ss it away because we're simply incapable of playing a consistent 90 minutes of good football.

Something simply has to change and quick, or Rino will surely end up losing his job, let's just hope that whatever has to happen happens soon or this will be another season wasted. I don't think I've seen a better opportunity for us to reach 4th in recent years than this season. With Roma looking like a shadow of themselves, Inter still scrambling to get the pieces to fit together and Napoli being hit and miss under Carlo this could have been a golden opportunity for us. But it looks like we're about to p!ss it away as usual

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Sep 25 2018, 09:56 PM
Post #58

Mediaset has the same line-up against Empoli as well.

So fed up with Rino's fixation on playing 4-3-3 with that same crappy midfield. The team looks so disjointed.

This post has been edited by X-Offender: Sep 25 2018, 09:56 PM

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Sep 26 2018, 11:06 PM
Post #59

Higuan not called up. Bye-bye 3 points.

EDIT: Wait, this is the EL thread...

This post has been edited by X-Offender: Sep 26 2018, 11:07 PM

+Quote Post

William405
post Sep 27 2018, 06:41 PM
Post #60

Allievi Regionali B

Unless Cutrone plays..

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:06 PM