Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Ze Roberto eyes Milan move

arivanjj
post Mar 25 2007, 11:48 AM
Post #1

7th Heaven

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 821

Milan are becoming increasingly Brazilian, as reports suggest Santos star Ze Roberto will arrive in June.

“I will only make a decision after having finished the League and the Copa Libertadores,” he assured, although many believe the choice has already been made.

The midfielder may already be 32 years old, but he was the most impressive player for the Selecao in the 2006 World Cup.

He had been set for a move to the Rossoneri last July, only for an injury and consequent left knee surgery to nix the deal.

Ze Roberto has now fully recovered and is continuing to impress for Santos under former Selecao boss Wanderlei Luxemburgo in a new Fantasista role.

“In Europe they know me as a different player. It is better that way, as it means I can be three figures all in one.”

The South American is certainly no stranger to this continent, as he played in Germany for 10 years on the left flank, then moved to the centre for Brazil in an Andrea Pirlo-style position.

He penned a contract with Santos that only runs for 10 months, so he will be free to join the side of his choice in June 2007.

The search for a Pirlo alternative at Milan has been so far fruitless, with Johann Vogel and Yoann Gourcuff failing to adequately fill the role.

Channel4
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

tom_valtellina
post Mar 25 2007, 01:10 PM
Post #2

Pulcini Provinciali 98

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 3,653

A bit harsh on Gourcuff....it's his first season in Italy and he's trying to break into one of Europe's strongest midfields.

Ze Roberto is a great player, I was fortunate enough to watch him live at the World Cup when Brazil beat Australia. He was man-of-the-match that day. But at 32 years....do we really need him, or are we better served going for someone either at or approaching the peak of his career? Or how about giving Gourcuff some big match starts and seeing how he performs?

I'd like to see Gourcuff given more opportunity. He's got big potential and age is on his side.

+Quote Post

arivanjj
post Mar 25 2007, 01:25 PM
Post #3

7th Heaven

Member No.: 821

i think everybody agrees with you on Gourcuff, he hasn't been given the chance to perform.

but hey, Ze Roberto fits our transfer policy (30 yrs older and free (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif) )

+Quote Post

redbabies
post Mar 25 2007, 01:29 PM
Post #4

'the Duck'

Member No.: 144

signing him would be the most stupid thing in the last decade.

+Quote Post

dst
post Mar 25 2007, 03:32 PM
Post #5

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 911

Well this is not surprising... we did it last summer and of course it's gonna happen again this one if we're really going for Ronaldinho... so everyone that supports the R20 swap please keep it quiet, you should know already that this is the kind of players that will accompany R20 to Milan this summer...

IMO we should go for Dudu of CSKA Moscow.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Mar 25 2007, 04:00 PM
Post #6

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

I don't know about this one.

He could be useful, either on the wings or even in Pirlo's position.

+Quote Post

Portman
post Mar 25 2007, 04:16 PM
Post #7

Berretti

Member No.: 347

He's a good player for sure. I've seen some Santos matches this year, and he's their best player.

Well, for some reason he's the most well-paid player in Brazil. (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Mar 25 2007, 06:06 PM
Post #8

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,865

I don't really mind, in any case, it won't be more than a 2 year contract and he is always a valuable utility player. Doesn't have the big match nerves that Yoann has(for now), and is much better defensively than Yoann.

In other words, he is a true holdive mid. So Rino, him and Pirlo can easily play with defensive prowess not sacrificed for offensive ability.

+Quote Post

misha
post Mar 25 2007, 07:56 PM
Post #9

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 787

He will be 33 in the summer. Typical (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif) He could be a good sub for 1-2 seasons

+Quote Post

vnata001
post Mar 25 2007, 08:03 PM
Post #10

Esordienti A 95

Member No.: 2,681

ze roberto would be ideal..hes free, hes the player who can push pirlo for his starting job. hes a great distributor and gets in the movements forward opportunistically. Dudu of CSKA would be a dream, he is basically pirlo minus the free kicks..but 100 times better defensively..

+Quote Post

Portman
post Mar 25 2007, 08:07 PM
Post #11

Berretti

Member No.: 347

Zé Roberto can do Seedorf's place too. (I know... I know Carletto would never take the dutch fat arsse out (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif) )

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Mar 25 2007, 09:29 PM
Post #12

Smoking Bianco

Member No.: 191

Too many Brazilians want to come .. Too bad only one can come (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

+Quote Post

Bluesummers
post Mar 25 2007, 11:07 PM
Post #13

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 1,660

If he comes he warms the bench, believe me. There is no way carlo will subsitute the fat dutchman for him. Gourcuff i believe is not confident enough yet to start in CL matches or other matches. I think by next year he will get rotated thru most matches, as a sub or starter.

+Quote Post

AuRoR
post Mar 26 2007, 06:54 AM
Post #14

Pulcini 99

Member No.: 3,712

why Milan like the old peoples and never plan for the future !! (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/mad.gif)

+Quote Post

LaPalma
post Mar 26 2007, 12:18 PM
Post #15

Insert cool title here<--
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,792

Zé = (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/puke.gif)
I haven't seen him this season with Santos, but when he played for Bayern he never was the same player he was for Leverkusen.
I also really don't think, that he's a Pirlo like player, I think he plays his best football as a winger on the left side. I have said this last summer and I say it now Zé--->Thanks, no.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 07:08 AM