> Catania - Milan --- 3/5/2009

Ry4n
post May 2 2009, 04:46 PM
Post #46

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 932

QUOTE (gal_kenny @ May 2 2009, 04:32 PM) *
sorry i didn't check the call ups but u get my point...He doesn't make everyone satisfied...Its called rotation...Same squad in and out...its just not fair to the other players...They all have contracts with Milan but Carlo doesn't play them...Concerning pato i guess ur right..however, its not fair at all...Guardiola knows how to rotate and at least every squad player has played almost 13-15 games...Here its pirlo champions league, uefa, cup, scudetto, this that...even take a look at real madrid...u know its not all the games that Robben plays or Marcelo plays or even Higuain plays...We need to really impose rotation...i think we've played d same line up for like 3 wks straight d only diff being when pato got injured and now flamini suspended...i mean i'm just saying

Rotation is good but it isnt always.......it can make the team play good one week then bad the next i think we are finding the balance now !!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Tennie
post May 2 2009, 04:48 PM
Post #47

Token Girl
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 2,800

We HAVE had some rather good results recently. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post

Ry4n
post May 2 2009, 05:04 PM
Post #48

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 932

QUOTE (Tennie @ May 2 2009, 04:48 PM) *
We HAVE had some rather good results recently. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

now we have marched South to Catania (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy.gif)

This post has been edited by Ry4n: May 2 2009, 05:05 PM

+Quote Post

han2503
post May 2 2009, 05:16 PM
Post #49

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (gal_kenny @ May 2 2009, 03:19 PM) *
The day Carlo leaves i'll be good..He doesn't know how to make everyone happy the way Guardiola does...Basically some players are more important than others and that is not supposed to be the case....Everyone should play maine..I'm tired of saying these things over and over...Now tomorrow we hae Catania, we need pato cuz we'll be more dangerous with Kaka pato and Inzaghi upfront cuz Seedorf has nothing to offer upfront...Also i'll rather put Zambrotta on the left and Antonini on the right!!!

I personally have no problem with him playing with the same players when they are performing well, especially now that our schedule is light and we don't have midweek games. My problem is Carlo insisting on Seedorf when there is Dinho on the bench, who is an actual attacking mid, that can play in that particular position better then Seedorf ever will. If a position opened up in the midfield 3 Carlo wouldn't be considering who to play there, Seedorf would get the obvious nod, which is perfectly alright since he is an actual midfielder, but to play him ahead of Dinho next to Kaka is ridiculous when there is Dinho available.

As for Antonini and Zambro, if Antonini were available then he should play on the left and Zambro on the right not the other way around, I think we've all seen that particular 'tactic' (if you want to call it that) fail one too many times

QUOTE (Tennie @ May 2 2009, 03:26 PM) *
I also think that Ancelotti is looking ahead -- next week we have the Gobbi. Even if it's at the San Siro, it's not goign to be an easy game. After that, it's Udine, Roma, and Fiorentina. if there's a doubt as to Pato's match fitness, this is the game to hold him out of. We're going to need him the rest of the run in.

kenny, do you have any basis for your statement that ancelotti doesn't make everyone happy and guardiola does?

FYI, Antonini isn't available. Check the call up list. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) He's still injured.

I completely agree with you, and I know I'm repeating myself, but why play Seedorf ahead of Ronaldinho in that particular position? Alright, Pato should absolutely not be playing if not 100% fit, agreed, but Dinho if fit, has been playing well in the few measly minutes he's been getting and yet Seedorf keeps getting worse with every match he is still given the start in yet he's the only one that is considered for the first 11. I don't see how any of you think that's logical on Carlo's part. His favouritsm towards Seedorf is clearly clouding his judgment in this area. And I'm not saying this because I'm anti Carlo or anthing like that, but it comes from the frustration I have towards Seedorf after seeing him play week in week out and playing like he doesn't give a cr@p and yet Carlo still picks him.

I know I always say that he favoures him, but sometimes I think that Carlo is afraid to bench Seedorf because he knows he will cause problems, so he wants to avoid any type of confrontation. Carlo has always struck me as someone who shies away from a fight...

QUOTE (Tennie @ May 2 2009, 03:48 PM) *

Exactly, that's why I would never come on here and say Pippo or Pirlo or Flamini should not be playing every week. It would be ridiculous on my part. The system is clearly working as it is, but with that being said, it's clearly working IN SPIGHT of having Seedorf on the pitch evry week

+Quote Post

MizNelson
post May 2 2009, 07:25 PM
Post #50

Dida per sempre

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 3,563

QUOTE (han2503 @ May 2 2009, 09:16 AM) *
I know I always say that he favoures him, but sometimes I think that Carlo is afraid to bench Seedorf because he knows he will cause problems, so he wants to avoid any type of confrontation. Carlo has always struck me as someone who shies away from a fight...

That's been my explanation for this all along. Let's not kid ourselves; Carlo isn't playing Seedorf because he actually likes the guy.

+Quote Post

I_Rossoneri
post May 2 2009, 07:32 PM
Post #51

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 558

QUOTE (han2503 @ May 2 2009, 04:15 PM) *
Maybe you're right and Pato is still not fully fit, but I'd still prefer a 1 leged Pato over Seedorf any day of the week.
But that's just my oppinnion. And in any case, if we go with the xmas tree and Pato really is not 100% fit, then there is Ronaldinho, who is infact an attacking mid and can play in the xmas tree unlike Seedorf who does nothing but slow every play we build up.

I think this would be a fairly simple decision to make, only Carlo would choose Seedorf in that position over either Dinho or Pato

Regarding the line-up my choice would be (considering Pato not being fully fit)

Zambro--Maldini--Favall0i--Janku
Becks--Pirlo--Ambro
Kaka--Dinho
Pippo

For me, this line-up basically picks itself out considering recent performances...

As much as I don't rate R80 I would sooner play him over the now useless Seedorf. IMO Seedorf should be thankful just to be on the bench, I can't remember the last time he dominated a game like he used to. Playing Seedorf is very similar to playing with ten men.

+Quote Post

I_Rossoneri
post May 2 2009, 07:34 PM
Post #52

Allievi Regionali B

QUOTE (Tennie @ May 2 2009, 03:15 PM) *
Ancelotti has given his prematch press conference.

Highlights:
* The lineup will be mostly the same as against Palermo, except that Janku will play in place of Flamini (who's suspended).
* There's a doubt as to whether Pato or Seedorf will play up front.
* Nesta, Borriello and Kaladze are recuperating but won't be ready or available for the end of the season.
* Rino is almost ready to return and could be used for the last two games of the season. He should be available to Italy for the Confederations Cup this summer.
* Ronaldinho is in good shape but he doesn't fit easily into the lineup that's gotten some very good results.
* Shevchenko hasn't played much but has been a good professional this year.
* Borriello is unsellable.
* If Gourcuff returns, Ancelotti would be content. He's done well with Bordeaux and has matured.

I read Borriello could be available for Juve?!?!

+Quote Post

Tennie
post May 2 2009, 07:43 PM
Post #53

Token Girl
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,800

I'm just quoting/translating what Ancelotti said in the press conference. Apparently he won't be available. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

+Quote Post

I_Rossoneri
post May 2 2009, 07:53 PM
Post #54

Allievi Regionali B

QUOTE (Tennie @ May 2 2009, 07:43 PM) *
I'm just quoting/translating what Ancelotti said in the press conference. Apparently he won't be available. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

Perhaps the mind games have started...

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post

MizNelson
post May 2 2009, 07:53 PM
Post #55

Dida per sempre

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 3,563

QUOTE (I_Rossoneri @ May 2 2009, 11:34 AM) *
I read Borriello could be available for Juve?!?!

No.

Someone posted this in R&B. I don't know whether to laugh or cringe.

(IMG:http://img387.imageshack.us/img387/8783/seedorfa.jpg)

This post has been edited by MizNelson: May 2 2009, 08:12 PM

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post May 3 2009, 02:08 AM
Post #56

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,865

^^ Hee hee...that's very good. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

I always felt Seedorf played, because he was the only box-to-box available in the team. If Ronaldinho had showed any inclination to drop back and fight for the ball (Kaka, Pato and Borriello) do it, then it would be fine. He's still in La Liga mode.

Seedorf has completely sucked attacking wise for the past 10 games or so. But in the match against Palermo, I thought it was an important role he played helping Ambro keep Liverani in check. R80 wouldn't last 10 minutes if given a job like that.

These kind of trivial things might have an impact on the match. I don't think we have a strong enough mid-field where we can free all 4 of our attackers from defensive duty. I also feel Pirlo's play improves a lot with Seedorf, since Seedorf also helps cut spaces. While if R80 is playing, then Pirlo goes back to that DM role, instead of the playmaker role.

But that's the way I see it, and my affection for Seedorf might be clouding my judgement.

+Quote Post

han2503
post May 3 2009, 07:52 AM
Post #57

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ May 3 2009, 01:08 AM) *
^^ Hee hee...that's very good. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

I always felt Seedorf played, because he was the only box-to-box available in the team. If Ronaldinho had showed any inclination to drop back and fight for the ball (Kaka, Pato and Borriello) do it, then it would be fine. He's still in La Liga mode.

Seedorf has completely sucked attacking wise for the past 10 games or so. But in the match against Palermo, I thought it was an important role he played helping Ambro keep Liverani in check. R80 wouldn't last 10 minutes if given a job like that.

These kind of trivial things might have an impact on the match. I don't think we have a strong enough mid-field where we can free all 4 of our attackers from defensive duty. I also feel Pirlo's play improves a lot with Seedorf, since Seedorf also helps cut spaces. While if R80 is playing, then Pirlo goes back to that DM role, instead of the playmaker role.

But that's the way I see it, and my affection for Seedorf might be clouding my judgement.

I don't know which game you were watching Jack, but the one I was watching I saw Seedorf jogging around the center of the pitch everytime Palermo were on the attack. Pippo and Pato usually try to help defend better then him. I've never seen him willingly fight for balls, not even the ones he loses, and lets face it, he loses more balls then he plays in his current state of form.

I get where you're coming from in saying that he is unique to the team in what he does, personally I feel that when he does play in his position (in the midfield 3) he plays a lot better and contributes far more to the team, no matter what for he is in. But he is not an attacking mid and when he does play that high up the pitch his flaws come out 10 fold.

Dinho would be far more suited to that position, because it is HIS actual position, and I've seen him fight for balls in our matches, but no one sees those things because Dinho is always automatically labeled as lazy no matter what he does. If you have any tapes of past games one with Seedorf playing as an attacking mid and one with Dinho playing in that position, really look at what each of them bring to the game without your Clarence tinted glasses ( (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif) ) and you will see that Dinho is far better suited for playing that position and we suffer when Seedorf is the one playing there.

+Quote Post

I_Rossoneri
post May 3 2009, 10:16 AM
Post #58

Allievi Regionali B

Seedorf is 60% certain to play while Pato is 40%

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post May 3 2009, 10:32 AM
Post #59

Primavera

Member No.: 1,265

Seedorf should be thankful Carlo is the coach. I doubt any other coach would give him more than a bench role/occasional appearances. when Carlo leaves, Seedorf's Milan career will most probably end as well. I think one more season and he's off. he can't continue playing until he's 35 anyway...

Overall I think changing the coach at the end of the season is a very good idea. Maldini and a few others will retire, and Carlo's favorites will have to step aside from the regular lineup as well meaning a mini revolution would happen which is very much needed at Milan. hope we don't waste yet another season thinking we can get anywhere like this.

+Quote Post

Rivaldo
post May 3 2009, 01:14 PM
Post #60

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Member No.: 1,063

Catania - Kosicky; Silvestri, Silvestre, Stovini, Capuano; Carboni, Biagianti, Izco; Mascara; Martinez, Morimoto.

Milan - Dida; Zambrotta, Maldini, Favalli, Jankulovski; Beckham, Pirlo, Ambrosini; Seedorf; Kakà, Inzaghi.

Forza Milan! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

+Quote Post

16 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:45 PM